• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

alba

Little is the new Big
Haunted said:
:eek:

Motherfucker, if only you posted that a couple hours earlier, Rico's incompetence in that section gave me huge problems.

Hehe same here so I tried another approach and this one is sooo easy, so awesome :D

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Wallach said:
Weird, I don't think the turrets need nearly as much help as that. I've been playing mostly Engineer, and on average I'd say my turrets are 20-25 pts per match. That is a solid contribution. I think they could stand to be more durable, but I certainly do not want to see TF2 style turrets in this game either.

They also definitely get headshots, but like I mentioned a few pages back you need to give them a height advantage to see it regularly. Level turrets are not going to get headshots unless the target is crouching. The turrets themselves have a pretty long range so finding elevated platforms for them isn't generally too hard.

WTF kind of super turrets are you deploying. MY turrets never ever get anywhere near even 10 points :(

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
hteng said:
wait what? i thought L1 is just turning on the head lights for the shotgun?
Iron sight has some aim assist on, apparently GG forgot to turn it off for the shotgun. When you try to use iron sight with the shotgun it turns on the flashlight and the iron sight aim assist even though the shotgun doesn't have iron sight.

Ephemeris

alba said:
I'm on my elite run right now, I found out (sorry if old)
that on the train level, when rico tells you to get on the turret, if you don't and just proceed to go forward you'll get way less helghasts and on the next section with the tank you have to blow up just run back, get on that same turret and wait for them to show up and kick their ass, sooo easy :p

SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
So my stats (both campaign and warzone) arent uploading to killzone.com. I assume the servers are destroyed with all the people trying to get on.

Killthee said:
Iron sight has some aim assist on, apparently GG forgot to turn it off for the shotgun. When you try to use iron sight with the shotgun it turns on the flashlight and the iron sight aim assist even though the shotgun doesn't have iron sight.

:O is that why I was kicking so much ass at the market, I was just cruising around in that level killing people and let FullRecovery do the work.

rexor0717

hteng said:
wait what? i thought L1 is just turning on the head lights for the shotgun?
Oh no, not quite. It also makes the gun literally lock on to whoever is in front of it. Once locked on, the person can run circles around you, but the lock on with still stay.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
rexor0717 said:
Oh no, not quite. It also makes the gun literally lock on to whoever is in front of it. Once locked on, the person can run circles around you, but the lock on with still stay.

So youre telling me some people are playing Metroid Primezone 2?

hteng

Banned
rexor0717 said:

dang ok, i will try it out, coming from COD4, i never use iron sight with the shotgun so i didn't notice.

on another note, does anyone think there's too few weapons? or weapon types are not balanced? i mean there's 3 rifles, 1 sub-mg, 2 LMG, 1 Rocket launcher, 1 Grenade Launcher, 1 shotgun, 1 pretty useless RPG (only locks onto machines D;).

there should be another SMG and Shotgun

Teknoman

NameGenerated said:
I saw Tournament Entered message before the end of my last game, I forgot to check it out. What was it? GAF2 here.

Tomorrow evening's GAF battle I believe. GAF time to die! was the title.

Killthee

Teknoman said:
Hell yeah, GAF east is registered. See you on the battlefield tomorrow at 5:00pm CST!

EDIT: Why are my KZ.com stats busted?
KZ.com is down for all intents and purposes. The site/game servers (they're tied) can't handle the load so they've taken down the stat & clan pages and are separating the site from the game servers soon.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Ok cool, also on Blood Gracht, PLEASE DON'T JUST STAND THERE ON THE STAIRS OUT OF THE SPAWN...

Basically:
3_stooges_syndrome.jpg

If you JUST recently got the game and the patch server wont work, simply press CANCEL (Circle) when the 1.11 patch message appears. It will go away and you can play the campaign until you figure out the issue.

Anyway, just got back from my friend's house. Put the game in his system, installed update, ran through the campaign up until second level and then handed it over. He and his dad are now both getting a copy (they have a PS3 in each of their rooms). :lol

alba said:
that on the train level, when rico tells you to get on the turret, if you don't and just proceed to go forward you'll get way less helghasts and on the next section with the tank you have to blow up just run back, get on that same turret and wait for them to show up and kick their ass, sooo easy :p

LOL I did that the first time I played.

Killthee

CcrooK said:
Um. Aerial support. How do you use it? I just got it. Tried. You toss some thing down. Then what?
You toss the air support locator in an open area and a couple of seconds later a sentry bot appears. Make sure its an open area with sky otherwise the request will be canceled.

Wallach

_tetsuo_ said:
WTF kind of super turrets are you deploying. MY turrets never ever get anywhere near even 10 points :(

It's all about placement my friend. Give them an area to overlook where the initial lock on point for them will be well below them but not at a long range. They will pop heads.

bigswords

Gentleman I just figured out why I could create bots and it has shown me that Sony or GG does not give a flying fucking about the Asian Region.

I have no 1.11 patch I can create bots and I can still join any server. This is utter fail, all regions should get patched together!

Fucking FAIL!

LowParry

Killthee said:
You toss the air support locator in an open area and a couple of seconds later a sentry bot appears. Make sure its an open area with sky otherwise the request will be canceled.

Ah, good stuff. Guess I'll use them on certain maps.

CcrooK said:
Um. Aerial support. How do you use it? I just got it. Tried. You toss some thing down. Then what?
Throw the beacon down with open sky and watch as your completely ineffectual bot flies in and gets blown to bits.

hteng

Banned
bigswords said:
Gentleman I just figured out why I could create bots and it has shown me that Sony or GG does not give a flying fucking about the Asian Region.

I have no 1.11 patch I can create bots and I can still join any server. This is utter fail, all regions should get patched together!

Fucking FAIL!

there's no games in asian region, it's pretty fail, i didn't get any patch either and online games are pretty lagging even for my local matches D;

Killthee

bigswords said:

Fucking FAIL!
Different regions have different rules about certification. This might just be a case of the patch still going through certification over at the Asia office.

Grayman

alba said:
going to try this now, I was stuck at
blowing up the tank with the infinite enemies.

hteng

Banned
Hellsing321 said:
Throw the beacon down with open sky and watch as your completely ineffectual bot flies in and gets blown to bits.

take out those sentry turrets would be your first priority, your a tactician man, use some tactics!

bigswords

hteng said:
there's no games in asian region, it's pretty fail, i didn't get any patch either and online games are pretty lagging even for my local matches D;

I put my region to Australia, you can look us up. PSN: Bigsword. If you have a mic that would be a great bonus.

No to the other gaffer no look I dont care what certification is going on here, but multiplayer games should be patched at all the same time. For EA games the patches were all at the same time.

You will probably be whining if the shotgun got patched but Asian Region have the autolocked on version of it.

This is unfair yes?

Wallach

hteng said:
take out those sentry turrets would be your first priority, your a tactician man, use some tactics!

While turrets definitely take these things out a lot, even players can wreck them very quickly. I honestly have never seen a player die from an air support bot except in the cases where the player kills it too close and dies from the explosion. They seem pretty terrible.

Killthee

bigswords said:
I put my region to Australia, you can look us up. PSN: Bigsword. If you have a mic that would be a great bonus.

No to the other gaffer no look I dont care what certification is going on here, but multiplayer games should be patched at all the same time. For EA games the patches were all at the same time.

You will probably be whining if the shotgun got patched but Asian Region have the autolocked on version of it.

This is unfair yes?
It's the way the system works, each region is autonomous and each region must certify PSN content for its region. I agree it sucks, but its nothing new.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
bigswords said:
I never downloaded a patch though. Asian version here....this is strange. But I can still use online bots.

ah, that explains it. I was just reading a poster on the official forum complaining about the lack of update for the Asian version.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Just played a multiplayer set where both teams, round after round, placed a spawn inside of the same tiny room:lol

The match was CHAOS. Both teams just ignored the objectives and fragged the whole time.

At one point I tossed a random grenade and got four kills. Probably all off of enemies that had just materialized.

It's not something I would want to experience all the time, but up till now Killzone had been a slower, more deliberately-paced multiplayer experience, for me. So it was nice to experience something that was "OMFG CRAZY" for a change. I netted like ~80 points from it too, which is a lot for me, as I still only have the first soldier class.

Nafai1123

Banned
Wallach said:
Weird, I don't think the turrets need nearly as much help as that. I've been playing mostly Engineer, and on average I'd say my turrets are 20-25 pts per match. That is a solid contribution. I think they could stand to be more durable, but I certainly do not want to see TF2 style turrets in this game either.

They also definitely get headshots, but like I mentioned a few pages back you need to give them a height advantage to see it regularly. Level turrets are not going to get headshots unless the target is crouching. The turrets themselves have a pretty long range so finding elevated platforms for them isn't generally too hard.

Damn, the most I've managed to get it 2-3 kills per match. I guess a lot of it has to do with how you use them, but I still think GG needs to incorporate one of those suggestions (obviously not all, I don't want them to be overpowered either).

bigswords

Killthee said:
It's the way the system works, each region is autonomous and each region must certify PSN content for its region. I agree it sucks, but its nothing new.

Fuck this sucks, how can we have a level playing field in multiplayer? Even EA BFBC had the patched all released on the same day.

This is insane, a single player I will whine and shit, but multiplayer is unacceptable. When balance issues are fixed for EU / US and Asia is not, it's going to be unbalanced.

UGH Sony is so fucking stupid at times!!

bigswords

TTP said:
ah, that explains it. I was just reading a poster on the official forum complaining about the lack of update for the Asian version.

You mean in the GG forums? I posted there as well. Damn this can lead the game to be unbalanced.

Wallach

Nafai1123 said:
Damn, the most I've managed to get it 2-3 kills per match. I guess a lot of it has to do with how you use them, but I still think GG needs to incorporate one of those suggestions (obviously not all, I don't want them to be overpowered either).

Well, I do agree that they are not nearly durable enough. I also feel they need to auto-target the first player that directly hits them with a projectile if the player is within range, which they don't seem to do properly.

They deal decent damage and are capable of OH kills though, so I think their firepower is probably close to where it should be. Accuracy does seem a little low (I mean it is mechanized why does it spread more than an AR) but that is more of an issue at medium to long range for their targeting.

I also kind of hate how the turret allotment is shared across the faction - I understand why it is done, but since your own team can kill your turrets, I've seen some stupid players shotgun one of mine down (that was in a good position) and toss one of their own up somewhere retarded where it immediately gets blown to bits by frags.

Seriously, if you are an Engineer - STOP putting your damn turrets right next to S&D targets!

hteng

Banned
bigswords said:
Fuck this sucks, how can we have a level playing field in multiplayer? Even EA BFBC had the patched all released on the same day.

This is insane, a single player I will whine and shit, but multiplayer is unacceptable. When balance issues are fixed for EU / US and Asia is not, it's going to be unbalanced.

UGH Sony is so fucking stupid at times!!

lol this same exact issue happened on the Armored Core 4 game, JP ver had v1.6 for like 6 months, US ver was stuck at v1.3, that said, you can still join a v1.6 game but your stats will be v1.3, which really fucked up the game, you can have two exact AC builds but one would have more Armored Points (AP) than the other.

Its something you'll have to deal with, it'll come in time, just not sure when.

bigswords

hteng said:
lol this same exact issue happened on the Armored Core 4 game, JP ver had v1.6 for like 6 months, US ver was stuck at v1.3, that said, you can still join a v1.6 game but your stats will be v1.3, which really fucked up the game, you can have two exact AC builds but one would have more Armored Points (AP) than the other.

Its something you'll have to deal with, it'll come in time, just not sure when.

Damn how can we as consumer just "deal" with this, I'm not blasting at you. But again this is shit. This can be fixed by the devs. EA can do it for BFBC, Insomanic can do this for R2, GG should do this as well this is a 2nd party dev, a high profile game that should get all the support it needs.

I payed a said amount of money I should deserve the same amount of service that other paying customers have as well.

bigswords

I have calmed down somewhat, someone on the GG forums said that the Region 3 patch has been just released. About 7 days time difference, well better then nothing.

Top Bottom