• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ChrisGoldstein said:
What's the best game type to gain xp in mp?

Body count aint helping me too much, it takes forever to rank up in body count.

Just play 20 minute Body Count and heal people a lot. Make sure you play people in your same rank too.

This is a kick arse game, no doubt.
To anyone with control problems, someone mentioned earlier in this thread that if you rise the X axis by 1 and the Y axis by 3 it works very well, and it does.
I was having trouble before but now i'm totally awesome. Believe me.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
icechai said:
stay in the green area and complete objectives assuming your team isn't spawn camping them, in which case just kill a lot. Also engineers gain points from repairing stuff as well as getting the occassional turret kill, and medics gain points from rezing people.

thanks yall

You got nice stats man I'm on your friend's list lol

CurlySaysX said:
This is a kick arse game, no doubt.
To anyone with control problems, someone mentioned earlier in this thread that if you rise the X axis by 1 and the Y axis by 3 it works very well, and it does.
I was having trouble before but now i'm totally awesome. Believe me.

Cool, I'll give those settings a shot.

Are the controls different in the SP versus the MP?

Q-bert

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
Just play 20 minute Body Count and heal people a lot. Make sure you play people in your same rank too.

A dead corporal counts just as much as a dead officer.

Search for newb only rooms.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Raist said:
I love, love, LOVE picking a spawn point dropped by a tactician and ending up facing a wall. ffs.

Was just venting about this to a co-worker.

Though they certainly come in handy in search and destroy.

tfur

gregor7777 said:
OK, perhaps I worded that wrong. Most networks don't have issues with the standard firmware, at least most mainstream networks, except PSN.

Making it a near-PSN exclusive issue. Causing people to upgrade/replace their routers for PSN.

No need to get snotty, I know a bit about TCP/IP and networking. I'm a server admin among other jobs.

The linksys problem effects iphones as well. It also will fails when playing quake2 after some time. There are complaints from netflix users, and even users who stream music for long periods of time.

There are an assortment of bugs with the linksys routers... pppoe bugs, dhcpd bugs, upnp bugs... its a piece of shit... linksys bug reports have littered the internet...

I would suggest using linux for your routers if you have the know how. I have been doing so since the 90's and have never had an issue, other than service provider outages.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
gregor7777 said:

No cover system but to me, it MP controls feel so much tighter. I haven't played SP since I played MP.

The engineer is such a bitch class.

Turn off the aim assist on the shotgun
Only 2 turrets can be deployed, why is it 4?
nerf the shotgun and let them be able to use the Saboteur's machine gun.

Spoo

It took a little while, but I now feel like I'm one with the scout class :D Spot and Mark + Cloak + The Sniper Rifles ridiculous noscoping accuracy = Awesome :}

My last game was a 7-1 k/d ratio :O

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rapping Granny said:

I think 2 turrets is too low. Don't forget it's a per-team number, not per-engineer. I find 4 fine as I end up having at least 1 at my disposal when playing in a team with 2 Engineers or more.

gregor7777 said:

Sp controls are slower and with more momentum during running. to make them almost equal to MP you have to turn X and Y up of two notches. the momentum canìt be changed though.

they're a bit heavier in the end.

is there a list of the scoring system somewhere? i'm so used to seeing "10"s pop up next to my kills, now i feel lost. also, are there assists?

John_B

Sabetour with C4 is too good. It's quickly turning into my favorit class.

Some dude made like 3000 kills yesterday. GG should send him a private message: Dude, go to bed! We don't want you to die of exhaustion and give the game bad press!

belvedere

Junior Butler
John_B said:

Some dude made like 3000 kills yesterday. GG should send him a private message: Dude, go to bed! We don't want you to die of exhaustion and give the game bad press!

Good god man! Who the hell are these people?

beast786

WHY are you guyz ignoring my question?
17.gif

Still cant get a single C&H 10 point ribbon.

I have tried everything.

Really WTF.. What exactly do i have to do..

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
beast786 said:
17.gif

I have tried everything.

I believe get like 8 kills while holding a territory.

KZObsessed

beast786 said:
17.gif

I have tried everything.

I think you have to get 10 kills while defending the Capture & Hold area. You have to kill them while you're in the green zone tho. I've only got 1 of those ribbons I think.

thaOwner

John_B said:

Some dude made like 3000 kills yesterday. GG should send him a private message: Dude, go to bed! We don't want you to die of exhaustion and give the game bad press![/I]

:lol :lol

Rapping Granny said:

The aim assist is going away, it was a bug.

Only two turrets on a team? Really? They don't do a lot of damage on their own, you know, and some of the maps are quite large.

Shotgun is fine as it is. You won't be so frustrated with it when the lock-on bug is removed.

Engineers and their turrets are owned at range.

beast786 said:
17.gif

I have tried everything.

Create a rank up room with you friends.

Nightz

Spoo said:
It took a little while, but I now feel like I'm one with the scout class :D Spot and Mark + Cloak + The Sniper Rifles ridiculous noscoping accuracy = Awesome :}

Wow. I just unlocked the scout class but haven't tried using it yet. I'll give it a shot tonight.

tfur said:
The linksys problem effects iphones as well. It also will fails when playing quake2 after some time. There are complaints from netflix users, and even users who stream music for long periods of time.

There are an assortment of bugs with the linksys routers... pppoe bugs, dhcpd bugs, upnp bugs... its a piece of shit... linksys bug reports have littered the internet...

I would suggest using linux for your routers if you have the know how. I have been doing so since the 90's and have never had an issue, other than service provider outages.

Well I stand corrected then. Either way, the firmware I mentioned seems to solve the issue completely. It's Linux based I believe.

Seems overkill for my setup to have a dedicated box as a router, but you're right, it's probably ideal.

Wallach

TheFatOne said:
I just got spot and mark with the scout. What does 10 sniper kills 8x gives you?

Ability to 5x zoom with the sniper rifle scope.

God, I'm at work even after my 4-day break and I already want more KZ2. I'm almost looking forward to not having a job after Friday...

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
I just got spot and mark with the scout. What does 10 sniper kills 8x gives you?

x5 zoom.

Spoo said:

The noscoping accuracy of the sniper rifle is awful. Stand and fire at the breakable pillars in Radec Academy and they go all over the place. If you're right up close to someone, and I mean right up close, one hit kill has saved my ass a few times.

TheFatOne

Wallach said:
Ability to 5x zoom with the sniper rifle scope.
God, I'm at work even after my
4-day break and I already want more KZ2. I'm almost looking forward to not having a job after Friday...

DO WANT! Man if I get this its game over. Only four more times and I can finally zoom.

FFObsessed said:

BTW are you playing in the tournament?

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
DO WANT! Man if I get this its game over. Only four more times and I can finally zoom.

BTW are you playing in the tournament?

I don't think so. I have to be up really early on Friday and I get home pretty late 2moro.

matticus

gregor7777 said:
Do you have a Linksys router by any chance?

When I set up my PS3, I was constantly being kicked off PSN. I was about to blame Comcast/PSN, because Live works wonderfully, and I have three other clients on my network that work fine.

I found a post somewhere that mentioned that certain Linksys routers have an issue with PSN causing drops. Something with the Linksys standard firmware.

I flashed my router with a custom firmware (which I should have done anyways, it's MUCH better) and in about 5 minutes I haven't had a single drop in two weeks.

I can hunt down the links if you want to try it.

Edit: darn, dp

I also used to have problems with my old Linksys WRT-54G. I loaded custom firmware on it and it was a world of difference... for gaming and just normal internet browsing.

Now, I have ATT U-Verse and haven't had much problems at all.

RavenFox

Banned
John_B said:

WHAT? this guy has to be on the unemployed list [not making fun of that] but damn really get some rest dude

Tom Penny said:
Probably hackers. I've seen multiple 100:1 KD / Ratios. Do the math.
Wha? How?

KZObsessed

Oh wait, the Clan game is on Friday? I thought it was 2moro for some reason. My bro's playing SP now so can't check, but if it is Friday I'm there.

TheFatOne

FFObsessed said:
Oh wait, the Clan game is on Friday? I thought it was 2moro for some reason. My bro's playing SP now so can;t check, but if it is Friday I'm there.

I think the first game is tomorrow, and if you advance the next game is on friday, and if you advance again the next game is on Saturday I believe.

I played some last night. Man ... I was getting my ass kicked. :lol I'm still trying to figure things out. Especially the maps. I also haven't unlocked a damn thing. Can't wait for this weekend. Gonna get some good time in. :D

Top Bottom