• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Nizz

Wallach said:
Ability to 5x zoom with the sniper rifle scope.

God, I'm at work even after my 4-day break and I already want more KZ2. I'm almost looking forward to not having a job after Friday...
In this economy!? :D Man, I'm really starting to appreciate playing in a 16 player capped match. I jumped in on a GAF game last night, 32 players.... Pure chaos. Holy.... It was on Blood Gracht and damn. I just remember getting killed over and over by Full Recovery. :lol
But the smaller limit of players makes the game, to me at least, a bit more manageable. It was fun though. :D And after playing in the GAF game, my K/D ratio was ok. I had more kills than deaths. But now my deaths are at least 50 more than my kills. I've been trying to catch up! ;)

RavenFox

Banned
Tom Penny said:
Don't know. Last night I look at the stats tab for just for that day and saw like 1200 kills 20 deaths all and sorts of ridiculous stats.
I hope Guerilla sends some real Guerillas to that fuckers house.

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
I think the first game is tomorrow, and if you advance the next game is on friday, and if you advance again the next game is on Saturday I believe.

Damn. Well I'll see if I can make it anyway.

TheFatOne said:
Mwhahahahahah easy victory for GAF3.

happles_motivationalChop.jpg

We'll see about that :p

Q-bert

Banned
fps fanatic said:
In this economy!? :D Man, I'm really starting to appreciate playing in a 16 player capped match. I jumped in on a GAF game last night, 32 players.... Pure chaos.

I'm busy trying to unlock things (got the game on Monday, just got Lieutenant yesterday), so I've been jumping into random 32p games. Random games with random people (or, maybe real people just acting random) is almost without exception total chaos and pretty mindless. Still learning the maps and weapons, so it's OK.

Then, I jumped into a 10p room with one friend in it. The game play was almost tactical. People were actually using the mic, actually trying to work together as a group. Totally different game. A lot of fun :D

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
wow fantasic game, a little bit short ... but i liked the ending...

multiplayer on the other side is not my cup of tea, the controls are fine for the cinematic sp but for mp they kind of kill it for me and the framerate is not what i think a mp game should be like...

but oh well veteran-run next :)

edit: heavenly sword is acutally longer than this :D i needed 5 1/2h and i felt like i took my time

TheFatOne

FFObsessed said:
Damn. Well I'll see if I can make it anyway.

Yeah if we advance I can't play on Friday, and I might not be able to play Saturday. I just want to have bragging rights. GAF 3 will hopefully be the first winner of the GAF clan tournaments.

Q-bert said:
I'm busy trying to unlock things (got the game on Monday, just got Lieutenant yesterday), so I've been jumping into random 32p games. Random games with random people (or, maybe real people just acting random) is almost without exception total chaos and pretty mindless. Still learning the maps and weapons, so it's OK.

Then, I jumped into a 10p room with one friend in it. The game play was almost tactical. People were actually using the mic, actually trying to work together as a group. Totally different game. A lot of fun :D

That's why the next game I make will not have any small maps, and I might take the shotty off.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
sankt-Antonio said:
multiplayer on the other side is not my cup of tea, the controls are fine for the cinematic sp but for mp they kind of kill it for me and the framerate is not what i think a mp game should be like...

I bet you entered a 32 players match.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
fps fanatic said:
In this economy!? :D Man, I'm really starting to appreciate playing in a 16 player capped match. I jumped in on a GAF game last night, 32 players.... Pure chaos. Holy.... It was on Blood Gracht and damn. I just remember getting killed over and over by Full Recovery. :lol
But the smaller limit of players makes the game, to me at least, a bit more manageable. It was fun though. :D And after playing in the GAF game, my K/D ratio was ok. I had more kills than deaths. But now my deaths are at least 50 more than my kills. I've been trying to catch up! ;)

I agree, 32 players is a bit much for me so I stick with 20 player rooms. 20 - 22 feels perfect for these maps. My k/d is probably shit but I don't care, I love this game :D

i played on various difficulty levels now, and i must say that playing on veteran (first playtrough was on veteran) really ads to the immersion and the intensity of the game.

You really get to know the areas, where as in easy mode (and even sometimes on normal mode) i sometimes just knifed my way through. Ofcourse it all depends on your basic shooter skills, and in two ocasions i found veteran to be too frustrating
a train part and the last part of the final level
but imo veteran is the way to go.

i also turned off all the hud parts, but i noticed later on that i missed some hints
i did not know you could lock on in the part where you man the AA gun and i had no idea there is a lock on with the shotgun
and in some parts i missed the crosshair, cause you can't look through the ironsight with every gun.

raYne

Raist said:
When you walk across a disguised sab, you don't have the time to take a quick look at the radar. One split second hesitation and you're dead.
Time? It's less than a half second glance. And as I said, you have a lot of room to work with considering how far the radar range is.

By your reasoning, you have Sabs running only towards you and for some reason they're always right up in your face...

YoungHav said:
I can't believe how controversial the controls are. Its ridiculous.
People like precise controls. Who knew?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
belvedere said:
It's a whole different game.

My first few ranks I spent in 16 player max games, the difference is astounding.

:lol

During the beta I told devs 32 players matches would turn off newcomers. And that's exactly what's happening. Stupid "the more the better" way of thinking. KZ2 should have been a 16 players game from the get go.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
TTP said:
I bet you entered a 32 players match.

dont know, i played for an hour or so...

there is something about k2 that gives me headache :(
dont know what it is, but i had to split my sp into 1-2h seassions...
no game ever managed to do that...

i played wipeout to chill out...

i know ill try mp again since i fucking love the game, but as i said it fuckes my mind somehow
(but i still hate the controlls for mp and thats never going to change)

even if controls are fine in sp, the game would be just uber cool if i could frag the higs the way i want... and not trying to point in the direction and hoping for a kill :(

(for reference in R2 my magnum had a 120% acuracy and i used it whenever one was there, and i can play fps quite good... but in KZ2 it feels like they overdone the effect...)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
ALRIGHT

When exactly are statistics recorded? I was 39 points away from leveling up after completing a round, quit in the stats screen, and when I returned to the main warzone screen and checked my statistics, I was 79 points away?!

Between this and the shotgun issue, I'm ready to flip out :|

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
sankt-Antonio said:
dont know, i played for an hour or so...

there is something about k2 that gives me headache :(
dont know what it is, but i had to split my sp into 1-2h seassions...
no game ever managed to do that...

i played wipeout to chill out...

i know ill try mp again since i fucking love the game, but as i said it fuckes my mind somehow
(but i still hate the controlls for mp and thats never going to change)

even if controls are fine in sp, the game would be just uber cool if i could frag the higs the way i want... and not trying to point in the direction and hoping for a kill :(

When you do try the MP again, be sure to limit search to Medium size games, your rank ONLY.

Wallach

bishoptl said:
ALRIGHT

When exactly are statistics recorded? I was 39 points away from leveling up after completing a round, quit in the stats screen, and when I returned to the main warzone screen and checked my statistics, I was 79 points away?!

It sometimes takes a little while to update. It'll show up correctly after your next match, don't sweat it.

The shotgun issue does need fixed though, I'm so tired of hearing people whine about it (not really directed at you but the headset crowd). I'm playing Saboteur in the meantime.

HoTHiTTeR

bishoptl said:
ALRIGHT

The stats screen takes like 5 minutes to update. I think it pulls data from killzone.com/servers and the post match/round stats take a little bit longer to populate. It's happened to me too, and it's always updated a few minutes later.

jmonteiro

bishoptl said:
ALRIGHT

I think you will be fine when you log back in. It also happened to me, it seems the the stats take some time to update under "My Stats" even when they show fine at the end of a game...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Props to good assault players - i am HORRIBLE with the class. Feels so clunky until I pick up a normal weapon, and at that point, it's ownage. Sab class is a lot of fun and if I wasn't intent on playing the healing class, I'd be sab. For right now, though, picking engineering and going to a <32 player bodycount only server is the fastest way for me to level up. 3 pts per kill? Too easy with the noob shotgun. 5 turret kills is proving difficult, though. I haven't unlocked sniper yet, but it doesn't seem to be that useful a class for many of the game modes and considering the map layouts.

TheFatOne

commish said:
Props to good assault players - i am HORRIBLE with the class. Feels so clunky until I pick up a normal weapon, and at that point, it's ownage. Sab class is a lot of fun and if I wasn't intent on playing the healing class, I'd be sab. For right now, though, picking engineering and going to a <32 player bodycount only server is the fastest way for me to level up. 3 pts per kill? Too easy with the noob shotgun. 5 turret kills is proving difficult, though. I haven't unlocked sniper yet, but it doesn't seem to be that useful a class for many of the game modes and considering the map layouts.

Easiest way to get the five kills is in a small map 32 players, and yea they are useless in larger stages (against good players).

Is there a GAF game up?

bishoptl said:

GG said they're working on the shotgun issue. I have faith in 'em.

Anyone else get lag between killing somebody and when the little chirp sound happens indicating that you've killed somebody? That delay throws me off a bit... Bit goddamn I love that chirp sound.

Haunted

Last encounter needs more checkpoints. The amount of Higs you have to kill from all sides is fucking ridiculous. And Rico can go die in a fire, he's useless.

Q-bert

Banned
The Wise Old Man said:
Anyone else get lag between killing somebody and when the little chirp sound happens indicating that you've killed somebody?

As a rule, no.

Sometimes, in some (32p) games, yes.

andycapps

The Wise Old Man said:
GG said they're working on the shotgun issue. I have faith in 'em.

Anyone else get lag between killing somebody and when the little chirp sound happens indicating that you've killed somebody? That delay throws me off a bit... Bit goddamn I love that chirp sound.

Yeah, I get that lag sometimes too. Seems like I hear the chirp and then it takes a second or two for the person to fall down. Probably triggering the animation for them to fall down or something. Doesn't bother me too much as the chirp is what matters. :D

j-wood

Could someone answer a few quick questions I have about multi-player?

1. On the hud, in the upper right corner (where the score and stuff is) What is the block in the middle? It looks like "#6 2" and then has my rank symbol

2. When you press select to bring up the scoreboard, what do the symbols mean? I can gather that the red are suicides and deaths, and that the green number with the crosshairs is kills, but what is the other green number?

3. Why does it seem like ever server I get in, we play one match type, then switch servers? I thought you were supposed to be able to play multiple match types without switching maps

dk_

Haunted said:
Last encounter needs more checkpoints. The amount of Higs you have to kill from all sides is fucking ridiculous. And Rico can go die in a fire, he's useless.
I don't know if I'm willing to play that part on elite difficulty. I might smash my TV into pieces...

tfur

Can someone detail the saboteur class, and how the disguise works? I just got this class last night, but I have not used it yet.

tfur said:
Can someone detail the saboteur class, and how the disguise works? I just got this class last night, but I have not used it yet.

The Saboteur can use the sub machine gun or a semi auto rifle. The disguise works like so: When you turn it on you take the appearance and name of a random enemy player. You still show up on the ememy radar as a red dot however. Your disguise is permanant until you attack an ememy. It then needs to recharge before you can use it again (takes about 30 sec.).

tfur said:

Equip the disguise like any other class ability. The edges of your screen will darken to indicate you are disguised. If you shoot or are shot by an enemy, your disguise will go away in about 2 seconds and you'll have to wait for it to charge again. Get 8x 5kills disguised to unlock C4.

Dante

Kinda random, but Radec's voice seems to freak my dog out, she starts shaking sometimes when he talks and seems to get really antsy and starts pacing around.

Haunted said:

:lol I have NO CLUE how I'm going to do this on Elite.

Defuser

tfur said:
Like the description. You disguise as a enemy for a certain time limit but enemies can only recognize you if they are close to you as their reticule will turn red and able to see your name,bots are able to see your disguise right away. You lose your disguise if you get shot by enemies or bots or you fail to kill somebody upclose.

methane47

Akira'sCrow said:
The Saboteur can use the sub machine gun or a semi auto rifle. The disguise works like so: When you turn it on you take the appearance and name of a random enemy player. You still show up on the ememy radar as a red dot however. Your disguise is permanant until you attack an ememy. It then needs to recharge before you can use it again (takes about 30 sec.).

This is complete bullshit... I have MANY TIMES gotten killed by a disguised Sab.. and while I lay on the ground I see them turn RIGHT back into the disguise. And i KNOW it was that person since the camera follows the person who killed you.

raYne

tfur said:

You turn it on and are disguised as a member of the opposing team. Both in player model and in name displayed over your head. The disguise lasts until:
-You fire.
-You get shot.
-Someone on the opposing team aims at you within a certain distance (close). In which case it'd flicker and give you away.

Down sides to the disguise (ie how to counteract it):
-No friendly green dot on the radar, so anyone paying attention can sniff you out.
-The model is slightly different because it'd lack the red/blue glow of your team depending on chose side.
-If you know x guy on your team only uses medic and you see his name over an Assault, duh it's not him.
-Turrets and ATACs see through the disguise.
-You can possibly crash the entire game :)lol).

SolidC213

Funniest thing happened yesterday while playing.
I was the assassination target on Corinth Crossing. I was hiding down the long hallway closest to our base and within the green zone. There was about 40 seconds left for me to stay alive. Then i have to rub my eye because it itched and...my contact falls out. So im sitting here going...should i put the game down, turn on the light, and look for it? (BTW its the last pair of contacts i have) or should i just keep playing with one eye and try to find it.....Well i looked for it with one hand while playing with the other. Meanwhile guys are coming at me from above and from the other end of the hallway. I shoot one (with one hand on the controller mind you) and my teammates get the other ones :lol After that i find it on my shirt, put it in my mouth so it wouldn't dry up and survived the remaining time with one eye :D !! Its was a close call to say the least lol.

Crisco

Banned
I don't get the hate for 32 player matches. They've been great for racking up points and you are always going to be in the action, especially on the smaller maps. I hate running around for minutes looking for someone to kill. You get a squad together in a 32 player game focused on completing the objectives and you can absolutely dominate.

tfur

Akira'sCrow said:

Thanks... gonna give this a try tonight.

Is anyone using the C4 much? This is proximity right? Only activating with enemy proximity, and not friendly? Does it last until it is detonated, or does it "time out"?

j-wood

I'm not sure what I should do about my controls, with the aiming issue. Its not an issue of deadspace, but sensitivity. It's like If i have to aim above me or anything really, I move it too much. and then it's really hard to get it put in a decent position again, say the center of the screen. Any advice?

Zeliard

raYne said:
You turn it on and are disguised as a member of the opposing team. Both in player model and in name displayed over your head. The disguise lasts until:
-You fire.
-You get shot.
-Someone on the opposing team aims at you within a certain distance (close). In which case it'd flicker and give you away.

Down sides to the disguise (ie how to counteract it):
-No friendly green dot on the radar, so anyone paying attention can sniff you out.
-The model is slightly different because it'd lack the red/blue glow of your team depending on chose side.
-If you know x guy on your team only uses medic and you see his name over an Assault, duh it's not him.
-Turrets and ATACs see through the disguise.
-You can possibly crash the entire game :)lol).

Is it a coincidence that the class that specializes in sabotage does this? :p

Top Bottom