• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Best quotes in the game IMO:
Rico: Alright! One tower down, three to go!
Natko: That's ironic we're one down, three to go too!
Rico: Shut the fuck up Natko!
:lol

DoomGyver

TouchMyBox said:
What is this shit where the server disconnects, and everyone in the game has their PS3 hard-lock?
It could be a few things.

Game creater is playing as the Saboteur (Saboteur causes freezes for some people) Causing the game to crash for everyone.

Mashing the (X) button repeatedly trying to respawn can cause freezing.

Or you had a unique connection issue and it was just you.

Q-bert

Banned
Treo360 said:
Yup I just gave up on MP for now because of this. I had the drop on some people med/long range but because of the input it made it damned near impossible to get a proper lead on them. Saw i just sat there making "Pew pew" sounds and imagining the head shots that I could have had.

Turning up the sensitivity only made matters worse, as my cross hairs seemed to move from one extreme to another.

if I wasn't enjoying the SP I would have returned it after an hour or so of MP.

GG your game looks awesome, but fuck me it controls horribly.

Do you even own a PS3?

Your substitution of Gears of War sound effects is what gave you away.

dfyb

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:
they left in the ass puckering dialog. that's still the best dialog.

Stillmatic

SnakeXs said:
I read somewhere that it does, not sure if it was just on the mini map or what, since I doubt people see the HUD marker itself. I asked if people did when I was doing it, but amongst the hecticness nobody said they did.

FFObsessed said:
Yep. They're a red dot on your allies radar.

Cheers! Then it's not as obvious as i thought. I was thinking they'd show up as you see them when you're marking, still helpful if you pay a lot of attention to the radar.

Choke on the Magic said:

I don't remember that part, where is it?

KZObsessed

dfyb said:
they left in the ass puckering dialog. that's still the best dialog.

"Yeah, I bet you're really familiar with that smell aren't ya? hahahahahahah!"

They put that in the fucking game but "Time to Die!" was just too much? WHAT!

Choke on the Magic said:

That was excellent. Made me laugh :lol Natko was great.

Seraph-

I have a no shotgun 18 man warzone game that i've started up, it's called "Warzone no Shoty". . . I tired this yesterday with minimal success, come on Gaf help me make this awesome game happen!!!

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Choke on the Magic said:

I thought I heard it all until Rico yelled
"187 ON A MOTHAFUCKIN HIIIG!" during the credits.

What the fuck :lol

Varna

I don't like the infinite respawns at all. Reminds me of Call of Duty 4.

Really limits the way encounters play out since you can't really make anything happen until your in such and such position or whatever requirement they have of you.

Ristlager

So did I fuck up my sixaxis's or is anyone else have trouble with the motion to arm bombs? Have had some problem doing it earlier, but on the 4 chapter (after I have taken out some people on the roof with the MG) I can't get anything to work. It just drops down and enables the down left light and up right light, without me doing anything. And when I hold in R1 and L1, nothing happens. My first thougt was that it was my controller who had taken I bit to many hits, but when I tried my other 2 controlles nothing happened as well.

So now I am stuck, because I need to blow my way through the door.

FUCK AWESOME GAME SO FAR! NEED TO FINISH IT!!!

KZObsessed

Ristlager said:
So did I fuck up my sixaxis's or is anyone else have trouble with the motion to arm bombs? Have had some problem doing it earlier, but on the 4 chapter (after I have taken out some people on the roof with the MG) I can't get anything to work. It just drops down and enables the down left light and up right light, without me doing anything. And when I hold in R1 and L1, nothing happens. My first thougt was that it was my controller who had taken I bit to many hits, but when I tried my other 2 controlles nothing happened as well.

So now I am stuck, because I need to blow my way through the door.

FUCK AWESOME GAME SO FAR! NEED TO FINISH IT!!!

With the bombs you only hold R1, could that be it?

Puck

Banned
I found a few people who played KZ1 with me online many years ago.

ATM KZ2 is frustrating online. I need 2 more ribbons for the secondary engineer, and 50 more points to unlock scout. I'm putting my turrets down, and people don't realise that it is a limit on how many there is per team, and they're putting them in the most fucked up, stupidest nevergoingtoshootanything places. So i run to them, blow them up because some idiot has put it just outside our spawn area, and i go to put another one down, and the same guy puts another one down next to his other 2 pointless ones.

The turret system is flawed. People are stupid.

Ristlager

I do think I tried every solution possible, but I'll boot it up tomorrow, and see if I could get some action. Finally had some time to play it, and got to this shit. And tried for a half an hour, before saying fuck it, and watched Lost instead, which is begining to get a little to far out, but thats an other discussion.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I got it !!!! Yeeeaaaah!!
Wooooooooooo !:lol
im reading the manual right now... bye

HAPPLE1-1.png

McLovin

Fersis said:
I got it !!!! Yeeeaaaah!!
Wooooooooooo !:lol
im reading the manual right now... bye

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo139/Fersis_1/HAPPLE1-1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Dude chuck that manual and play the game Naaoo!

anddo0

The last level in this game is total cheesy ass shit, If the squad AI was any good it wouldn't be that bad. But I feel like I'm fighting wave after wave by my self.

WinFonda

I'm probably half way into level 2 and am really digging the game so far. It assaults the senses and overwhelms me at every turn.

Fletcher

dollartaco said:
So you had the drop on somebody, but they somehow manage to out aim you with less preparation? Sounds like you need more practice. That scenario happens in every game.

I'm talking running up behind people and then the stupid controls would make me shoot all around them, like a cartoon. Then they would notice shots being fired, turn around, and kill me. I really really want to enjoy the multiplayer. So I will keep playing and getting frustrated.

Dante

anddo0 said:
The last level in this game is total cheesy ass shit, If the squad AI was any good it wouldn't be that bad. But I feel like I'm fighting wave after wave by my self.

The last level is my fav up till the very very end.

anddo0

Is there anyway to change the difficulty mid-game? I just want to get this shit over with at this point. Rico is the worst support character since Boomer (Socom 1)

Choke on the Magic said:
Applesauce said:
I thought I heard it all until Rico yelled
"187 ON A MOTHAFUCKIN HIIIG!" during the credits.

What the fuck :lol
The dialogue may be terrible, but at least it's memorable. :lol

Dante

anddo0 said:
Is there anyway to change the difficulty mid-game? I just want to get this shit over with at this point. Rico is the worst support character since Boomer (Socom 1)

Yes, but you will have to start that particular section over again.

JB1981

The time - 8:00 pm est.
The location - BEAMBER GAF (USA)
The password - BELIEVE (all caps)

Auto balancing = OFF. Let's please keep the teams as balanced as possible. I am keeping auto balance off because I know some groups like to stick together. We can do it. Think about your fellow GAFFER! :)

Also I'm sticking with 24 players - I think it's the sweet spot. I will clean up my friend's list a bit tonight, so if you want to play and you're not already on my FL, shoot me an FR and I'll add you. Once you are added, just 'Join Friend' and you'll be in the room.

Can't fucking wait to play tonight. :D

anddo0

Dante said:
Yes, but you will have to start that particular section over again.

how? I playing on Vet.. The squad AI is shit, but it didn't really show until now. I need the dude to cover my blind side instead I have to run the end to end covering both sides all while reviving his dumb ass.

OverHeat

« generous god »
JB1981 said:

Auto balancing = OFF. Let's please keep the teams as balanced as possible. I am keeping auto balance off because I know some groups like to stick together. We can do it. Think about your fellow GAFFER! :)

Also I'm sticking with 24 players - I think it's the sweet spot. I will clean up my friend's list a bit tonight, so if you want to play and you're not already on my FL, shoot me an FR and I'll add you. Once you are added, just 'Join Friend' and you'll be in the room.

Friend request sent

Facism

JB1981 said:

If this is still up within the hour, i'll join. Surprising good games with US Gaffers, minimal lag.

Dante

anddo0 said:
how? I playing on Vet.. The squad AI is shit, but it didn't really show until now. I need the dude to cover my blind side instead I have to run the end to end covering both sides all while reviving his dumb ass.

Quit out. Go to the mission select, and when you select your level and checkpoint, select a different difficulty.

Ephemeris

Fletcher said:
I'm talking running up behind people and then the stupid controls would make me shoot all around them, like a cartoon.

Ultimately, that's all on you. Just practice.

And that's the nicest way I could put it.

Treo360

JB1981 said:

yea you're at your limit

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
The controls are just different, not broken. Granted, they seem not to be easy to pick up for some people. But why not just give it a little time. It's obvious now that a lot of people don't like them, but a lot of people aren't having that rough a time adjusting. The game just came out. Why not try a little longer instead of everyone warring over it and insisting the game is either broken or perfect?

Choke on the Magic said:
My favorite one too:lol

Pojo

Banned
I love the dialogue in this game. It's unbridled testosterone, second only to Gears in the machismo department.

Or something.

FUCK

Top Bottom