• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

mr_nothin

Banned
dralla said:
all the high ranked servers are filed with disguised people, it's so annoying to have to constantly point my reticle at everyone or keep my eyes locked to the radar. they should limit the number of that badge per team or make it easier to tell them apart from your real teamates.
I think it'll all get sorted out over time. Everyone was a medic when they 1st unlocked that class but now you rarely see them.

Grayman

mr_nothin said:
Well they should take it off only for the spawn points thrown down by tacticians or have it where if you start shooting then it turns the invulnerability off as soon as you do.
Definitely, I haven't played enough yet to notice that it did not turn off upon firing.

I just scored the propaganda speaker 3 times in a row to lead our team to a comeback victory for the round. The sickest part had to be my last retrieval. The enemy had just dropped it in the room where you plant the C4s on Tharsis Depot. I'm using the Assault class just for the BOOOOOOOST. So anyway, I pick it up and exit the room and there's three dirty ISAs waiting for me. I launch a rocket at their feet and they all explode. All I hear is a chorus of "oh WTF!!!! Hell no!" Music to my ears.

I round the corner after turning my jets on and I see the endzone in sight. The funniest part? They had set up all four of their available turrets around the propaganda stand. :lol :lol Thanks to the boost I was able to get in, score, and get out. All I hear is "How the hell did he get past all four of the turrets!?! wtf??! Is he cheating?!"

bwahahaha. Great times. Killzone 2, I love thee.

dralla said:
all the high ranked servers are filed with disguised people, it's so annoying to have to constantly point my reticle at everyone or keep my eyes locked to the radar. they should limit the number of that badge per team or make it easier to tell them apart from your real teamates.

Nothing like infilitrating enemy camp during Assassination and taking the target out to which you hear "Of fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Saboteur?!?!" Then they kill you and keep beating your body out of the hatred that they have for you. :lol :lol :lol

johnFkennedy said:
what exactly is wrong with the shotgun? It's deadly at close range and almost useless from a distance. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?
The problem is it's not really useless from a distance, and it can lock on to people.

Arsenic

johnFkennedy said:
what exactly is wrong with the shotgun? It's deadly at close range and almost useless from a distance. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?
For me, and i think a few other people, its auto-aim is crazy. cant lead fire since it sticks to the person in a odd way....for me atleast.

then on the other hand, its a very powerful weapon because of autoaim....its weird i guess...

EazyB

Banned
dralla said:
Yeah, I ran into my fist couple of matches with a lot of disguised enemies tonight and I can't say they made the game any more fun. I got the hang of spotting them about 50% of the time but my teammates would NEVER notice and many times one out kill me while another guy was in the room with me and the enemy would redisguise before my teammate knew anything happened. It was much more frustrating than fun, I wouldn't miss them if they were taken out.

TEH-CJ

Banned
PiecesOfEight said:
I've been playing in straight "Multichannel" mode on my Onkyo receiver, since the PS3 seems to be doing the 7.1 decoding (ie, I'm not getting the magical light on the receiver, just like when I watch blu-ray movies), and the center speaker definitely works. afaik the "Multichannel" mode doesn't do any extra processing, just pumps the PCM Multichannel input from the PS3 to the correct speakers.

Yea it would sound amazing in PCM

but the z5500 can only handle pcm 2.0. Would you recommend matrixing pcm 2.0 into 5.1?

johnFkennedy said:

1) Aim-assist glitch
2) Some find its range too far, I think the before mentioned glitch it the culprit though. Keeping your sights on a moving person from far away would be difficult without the glitch assist I'm guessing. Fix it and the shotgun may be fine without tampering with range.

Stillmatic

Grayman said:
spawn vulnerability was bad in the beta.

I don't think spawn points should be treated as a right, they're there giving the team a huge advantage already. It should be up to the players spawning to judge whether it's safe to use it or not (there's a camera). If you get mowed down from spawning and spawn there again right after, you probably shouldn't have, and your tactician should look for a spot to throw another to counter the swarm. :p

Tom Penny

hteng said:
ok so to summarize this topic, the problems that people faced in Multiplayer are

1.) Controls - lag, weight, hard time tracking
2.) ClusterFuck - too much shit going on that defeats tactic
3.) Shotgun - super auto-aim
4.) Turrets - too weak
5.) Sentry bots - too weak
6.) Spawn points - which leads to clusterfucks
7.) Region patch delay
8.) LAG!
9.) Killzone.com doesn't work

GG, please look into all these thanks!

I don't mind the turrets or sentry bots. Everything else I agree on. One thing that I really wish is that the POV was larger just for mutiplayer. It would help greatly to be able to see a normal range of vision. I've never played a FPS were you have this limited periperal vision . That alone woud make the game alot better. I understand for SP not MP.

Kittonwy

Banned
Haro team Ima goin in! Holy cupcakez.
Indifferent2.gif

behem0th x said:
is it me or are the controls just really, really sluggish?
I'm playing CoD4 now with my nephew right now and it feels like a twitch shooter, haha. I would probably kill myself trying to play Unreal Tournament III right after a marathon of KZ2. :lol :lol

-Clover

FRUSTRATING
Why does it take a full magazine and a half to kill, both story mode and multi. FUCKEN DIE ALREADY. Then they dance around (death animation) and come back to life and start shooting at me again.WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT ARE YOU DYING OR NOT?

Awntawn

-Clover said:
FRUSTRATING
Why does it take a full magazine and a half to kill, both story mode and multi. FUCKEN DIE ALREADY. Then they dance around (death animation) and come back to life and start shooting at me again.WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT ARE DIEING OR NOT?
You're missing ;o Fire in bursts instead of going full auto.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
-Clover said:
FRUSTRATING
Why does it take a full magazine and a half to kill, both story mode and multi. FUCKEN DIE ALREADY. Then they dance around (death animation) and come back to life and start shooting at me again.WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT ARE YOU DYING OR NOT?

1) You're probably missing a ton of your shots. Spray and pray 4tl.

2) You now know what that chime is for in MP.

SnakeXs said:
Is it just me or have you not read a word of this thread?

Yeah.. i'm going to sift through 250 pages to see if someone had the same comment. :lol

RJNavarrete said:
I'm playing CoD4 now with my nephew right now and it feels like a twitch shooter, haha. I would probably kill myself trying to play Unreal Tournament III right after a marathon of KZ2. :lol :lol

thats been my shooter of choice for sometime now, and yeah... the difference is insane. I feel like i'm drunk and underwater or something.

-Clover

Awntawn said:
You're missing ;o Fire in bursts instead of going full auto.
SnakeXs said:
1) You're probably missing a ton of your shots. Spray and pray 4tl.

2) You now know what that chime is for in MP.

The thing is they are standing about 2-5 feet away(CQB) that's the only time I go full auto,I have unloaded a full mag to the chest and they don't drop. I use single fire or bursts at longer ranges.

CHRP718

Banned
-Clover said:
The thing is they are standing about 2-5 feet away(CQB) that's the only time I go full auto,I have unloaded a full mag to the chest and they don't drop. I use single fire or bursts at longer ranges.
Aim for teh head.

raYne

-Clover said:
Have you seen the spread patterns of weapons in this game? Particularly when moving around like you would be in a CQB? Burst fire is the way to go in almost every situation.

Grayman

Stillmatic said:
I don't think spawn points should be treated as a right, they're there giving the team a huge advantage already. It should be up to the players spawning to judge whether it's safe to use it or not (there's a camera). If you get mowed down from spawning and spawn there again right after, you probably shouldn't have, and your tactician should look for a spot to throw another to counter the swarm. :p
The problems were often in bases

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
behem0th x said:
is it me or are the controls just really, really sluggish?

It is certainly not just you. A lot of others in this thread have voiced their opinions about what they think are shitty controls. There are a lot of people defending them with arguments about weight and realism, but I have to agree that the controls just feel really bad. It is too bad because everything else about the game is so damn polished and awesome. I am going to play through the single player game a few times because I am really enjoying the visuals, sound and atmosphere, but I don't know if I will be able to enjoy multiplayer if I don't get used to these controls soon. Add to the fact that I am in Japan and I hear the lag is awful and I am a bit scared of even trying MP out.

Mik2121

Arsenic said:
gimme my tips man :(
They usually come from weird angles and pointing at you. That, plus the fact that when you aim at them their nicknames go red with their real nickname showing up.

But seriously, a few days ago I was playing a game in Pyrhuss Rise. The game just started and I went in front of one of the bridges, cloaked and used my sniper rifle to clean the area when all of a sudden I see one of my team (tsk) coming from the bridge, even though the game just started. I decided to uncover myself and stand in front of him, just for the lulz. And for even more lulz, he decided to walk by and keep going on, like he made me believe he was a teammate. Then he stood behind a wall pointing at our base and I stood behind him pointing at him head. BAM!

Then he was all like "HOW THE FUCK DID HE KNOW I WAS AN ENEMY WTF????" :lol

Zefah said:
It is certainly not just you. A lot of others in this thread have voiced their opinions about what they think are shitty controls. There are a lot of people defending them with arguments about weight and realism, but I have to agree that the controls just feel really bad. It is too bad because everything else about the game is so damn polished and awesome. I am going to play through the single player game a few times because I am really enjoying the visuals, sound and atmosphere, but I don't know if I will be able to enjoy multiplayer if I don't get used to these controls soon. Add to the fact that I am in Japan and I hear the lag is awful and I am a bit scared of even trying MP out.

UGHHHHHHHHH

I have said it already three times, but..

I live in fucking JAPAN (Osaka) and I've played over 20 hours of multiplayer and NEVER had any LAG ISSUE. NEVER. And I've played 99% of the times with Americans and/or Europeans.

Grayman

Zefah said:
I find SP controls worse than the MP controls

.GqueB.

Banned
behem0th x said:
Yeah.. i'm going to sift through 250 pages to see if someone had the same comment. :lol.
Its even more amazing that you came in here and thought that after 250 pages you would be the first person to mention that.

Defuser

johnFkennedy said:
When you're reticule starts following enemies and you're not moving your analog stick at all,there's something wrong....very wrong.

.GqueB.

Banned
dralla said:
I really think they should find a way to gimp every class. Im having a lot of fun as a medic and I dread ranking up because I know everyone is going to be cloaked, disguised, running 50 mphs all the while spawning right on top of eachother because of asstastically placed spawn points.

This is one game where I dont even want to do great because once you get to the top the game seems to get assy. Even in the few gaf games I play Im seeing this. Though playing with you guys makes it bearable. Nothing beats having a team full of people with decent mics.

methane47

What is it with most medic in this game?

I swear I have NEVER seen a medic throw down a health pack for me... besides myself

when i play medic.. i always go out of my way to help teammates but.. most medics i've played with couldn't be bothered to try and heal you.

Grayman

methane47 said:

I swear I have NEVER seen a medic throw down a health pack for me... besides myself

when i play medic.. i always go out of my way to help teammates but.. most medics i've played with couldn't be bothered to try and heal you.
maybe they haven't played their 8 matches yet?

.GqueB.

Banned
methane47 said:

I always try but if theres a big firefight going on Ill only go for it if it seems doable. The second I see a cross I always make an attempt to get there though just about every time.

Its my duty *puts right hand on heart*

methane47 said:

Can med packs be used by the opposing team?

Shurs

I was in the Beamber GAF room earlier passing the controller back and forth with a friend. We joined mid match and after about ten seconds a message popped up on the screen informing us that johnFkennedy had been assassinated. Lulz.

Had some more good games in the GAF server tonight with Aladuf, Third, Flunkie, and Recovery. Aside from the shotgun whores, it was a pretty damn good time. It was also interested to find out that my mom is a fag...well according to some people on the opposite team anyway...:lol

Ploid 3.0

Anymore tips for turrets? I probably need it spelled out a bit more. I tried hallways, blind corners in hallways, elevated a bit above the normal floor when I could (most things won't let you build on elevated items, the grenades still broke them anyway), and I always stuck by them. I even had them somewhat protecting each other. If anything it just let me get some easy kills sometimes. Turrets acting as a pesky bee that grabs the attention.

careksims

Shurs said:
johnFkennedy had been assassinated. Lulz.

Haha! I didn't even noticed that!

I just started out being a medic, so I can't give out health packs at all. I wish the cooldown timer was shorter :( I hate waiting to use it again and the dying.... die.

Top Bottom