• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Shurs said:
I was in the Beamber GAF room earlier passing the controller back and forth with a friend. We joined mid match and after about ten seconds a message popped up on the screen informing us that johnFkennedy had been assassinated. Lulz.

You know I made that name for specifically that purpose,but every time I hear that joke I cringe.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
behem0th x said:
Yeah.. i'm going to sift through 250 pages to see if someone had the same comment. :lol

As if everyone didn't make the point already:

picture125faf.png

Is it me or is "sifting through 250 pages" really, really sluggish?

Holy shit. The single fire rifle for the Saboteur is freaking DEADLY! :O Why didn't I use this sooner?!?! Just unlocked C4. Muahahaha. S & D will be real fun now. :lol

Arsenic

Mik2121 said:
They usually come from weird angles and pointing at you. That, plus the fact that when you aim at them their nicknames go red with their real nickname showing up.
lol thanks for that tip, but i was talking to him about the end of the game. either way i kinda learned something tonight:D

bigswords

RJNavarrete said:
Holy shit. The single fire rifle for the Saboteur is freaking DEADLY! :O Why didn't I use this sooner?!?! Just unlocked C4. Muahahaha. S & D will be real fun now. :lol

Have you crouched yet while using it? The aim reticule is pinpoint, no need to use the iron sight.

bigswords

Rapping Granny said:
I had enough of the fucking shotguns, I am almost ready to put the game down until the patch is out.

Yes and us with the Asian version of the game will have 7 more days after the patch of auto tracking shotguns !!! So awesome!

Irnbru

Rapping Granny said:
I had enough of the fucking shotguns, I am almost ready to put the game down until the patch is out.

Sit back, cloak up, and snipe away, its what I've been doing, chillin.

Dante

Arsenic said:
gimme my tips man :(

Well, I used the grenade launcher in that area a lot I went up to the furniture stack and blindly lobbed them over at the rocket soldiers, and killed a bunch of em that way. Switching to the assault rifles to take the guys out when they try and flank you up top.
For Radec I just kept my back facing a corner at all times.

Irnbru

Rapping Granny said:
Yeah but then my team won't win because I am not stopping Full Recovery and his posse.

Cover the routes people move on, I try to target areas where traffic is high, it can make a difference in a match. Also, spot and mark, see that disguised guy, and bam heatshot him before he can do anything.

TheFatOne

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
Had some more good games in the GAF server tonight with Aladuf, Third, Flunkie, and Recovery. Aside from the shotgun whores, it was a pretty damn good time. It was also interested to find out that my mom is a fag...well according to some people on the opposite team anyway...:lol

That was hilarious I couldn't stop laughing.

Rapping Granny said:
Yeah but then my team won't win because I am not stopping Full Recovery and his posse.

I don't get why people are scared of Full Recovery. Its pretty funny to see everyone try and jump to his team. I always select auto because I don't give a shit what team I'm on. I caught him twice trying to deliver the propaganda machine cloak + M4 it was awesome. BTW are you Mr.BigJohnson?

icechai

TheFatOne said:

I don't get why people are scared of Full Recovery. Its pretty funny to see everyone try and jump to his team. I always select auto because I don't give a shit what team I'm on. I caught him twice trying to deliver the propaganda machine cloak + M4 it was awesome. BTW are you Mr.BigJohnson?

he's not scary, he's just really focused and always tries to win for his team head on

TheFatOne

icechai said:
he's not scary, he's just really focused and always tries to win for his team head on

That's true, but its still funny. All I need is the boost with my Saboteur and I can be much better helping my team to win.

TheFatOne said:

I actually love playing against him, he's a challenge. I just hate it how his team beats us by 5-1 and instead of the good players from the other team change up to make the game more balanced, they stick with him.

careksims

FullRecovery is not a god. He can bleed. I killed him a couple times. I too, pick auto teams everytime and see which team I end up. Win or lose it's still fun. I just don't like the shotties :(

Big-E

Am I the only one who can't use the shotgun? My KD goes way down when I have to use it. Only two more fucking turret medals away and then I will be close to retiring that class forever.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Went on a CRAZY hot run where I was #1 on my team and we won 3 or 4 straight games. The XP boost was giving me 50-80 XP per game which is a ton for me, since I don't have engineer or anything yet.

Everything just fell into place... it was BEAUTIFUL. I would have more kills than anyone else on my team, *and* like ~20 objective points.

I finished out 8/8 good behavior and 8/8 body count, and got to 7/8 medic revives.

I ended up powering through the rank in between medic/engineer, and the rank after. Stopped a couple points short of Engineer so I can look forward to that tomorrow.

Edit: Just to be clear I'm not trying to boast/brag. I'm an average player. My overall K/D ratio is about 1 even. The stars just aligned for me, this evening.

TheFatOne

Rapping Granny said:
I actually love playing against him, he's a challenge. I just hate it how his team beats us by 5-1 and instead of the good players from the other team change up to make the game more balanced, they stick with him.

I like playing when Full Recovery has good team mates like FFObsessed, or Click because then I have to be on my toes. It also feels more rewarding when you beat a good team. At least that's how it is for me. There are some good gafers in Killzone 2 and some of the games get intense.

.GqueB.

Banned
TheFatOne said:
I like playing when Full Recovery has good team mates like FFObsessed, or Click because then I have to be on my toes. It also feels more rewarding when you beat a good team. At least that's how it is for me. There are some good gafers in Killzone 2 and some of the games get intense.
What makes them "good"? Is it just them having better weapons? Using the right classes? Ive only played with Click (whom I didnt encounter very often) and FFObsessed (who just sat back and sniped the entire match).

nib95

Banned
Nice! Just went 29 - 3 with just the standard ISA rifle and Light Machine Gun! Everyone was either the same rank or higher as well.

TheFatOne

.GqueB. said:
What makes them "good"? Is it just them having better weapons? Using the right classes? Ive only played with Click (whom I didnt encounter very often) and FFObsessed (who just sat back and sniped the entire match).

They play smart and use their strengths.I'll give you an example. Full Recovery is good at killing other people which is obvious, but he is also good at doing all the different missions. One particular mission he is good at is search and retrieve. When he picks up the propaganda machine there is a good chance that he will deliver it. Since he is good at combat and has boost it makes him particularly deadly in this objective. In general they just play smart, and try to win all the mission for their team. That and they know how to use certain classes correctly makes them dangerous, but it doesn't make them invincible or anything just mean that they are really good.

nib95

Banned
TheFatOne said:
They play smart and use their strengths.I'll give you an example. Full Recovery is good at killing other people which is obvious, but he is also good at doing all the different missions. One particular mission he is good at is search and retrieve. When he picks up the propaganda machine there is a good chance that he will deliver it. Since he is good at combat and has boost it makes him particularly deadly in this objective. In general they just play smart, and try to win all the mission for their team. That and they know how to use certain classes correctly makes them dangerous, but it doesn't make them invincible or anything just mean that they are really good.

What badges just Recovery use?

I had a great day playing KZ2. In one game of Body Count I got close to 100 points. Getting used to the controls, and I have started using the Engineer a lot lately. Anyways, good luck in tomorrow's game GAF3. Represent for me since I will be at work. :|

Add me fellow GAF members: LabombadogIGN

punkypine

i find that i'm probably not the most skilled player, especially when it comes to aim, but in an 8 v 8 game, i almost always am #1 or 2 on my team just by virtue of focusing on the objective which gets me alot of points and consequently keeps me in the center of action allowing me to get alot of kills.

most people are just sitting back trying to get kills, if only they realized that doing the objectives is the best way to get involved. the only time everyone seems to try the objectives is body count (duh) and the S&D orgies

dfyb

Banned
fun games tonight. i was happily representing Medics Who Pwn :D

Full-Recovery kept sneaking ahead and beating me to 1st place (though i don't know how close i was pre-bonus that last round). i still get lost in Radec Academy and i wish there were better stationary gun locations (there's one out, exposed in the courtyard and then another back in some room nobody goes to but can easily be naded). it'd be awesome if there was a stationary gun on the top floor overlooking the courtyard.

EXGN

I love playing Saboteur on the maps that are big enough to allow you to get into an enemy base and cause some mayhem. My favorite is Salumun Market. As an ISA saboteur, I went like 22-2 by hanging out in that warehouse area that people usually whole up the assassination target in. People would run by, or snipers would try cloak and sniper on top of the building and each one felt the wrath of my STA52 SMG.

Like someone else mentioned though, I love it when you see one of your 'team mates' run out of the enemy base towards the hot zones... what are they thinking? :lol

TheFatOne

nib95 said:
What badges just Recovery use?

He switches it up, but I usually see him with the Sabateur + boost(it doesn't mean he only uses this but that's what i see him with). The key is to find the playing style and badges that fit you. I think when its all said and done I will be a medic + boost.

I don't understand how the top guys can have over 500 kills and under 50 deaths in a day. I consider myself a decent player with 600 more kills than deaths and a general.

Puck

Banned
bah, thought so.

so far i only have the secondary medic / spawn point. everything else is like 6/8, but frustrating to try to finish it.

Yes. This is true. We, the posse, decided about two years ago that we would start playing Gears with him just so we'd be able to win every match while playing Killzone 2. We saw the future. Believe.

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
Had some more good games in the GAF server tonight with Aladuf, Third, Flunkie, and Recovery. Aside from the shotgun whores, it was a pretty damn good time. It was also interested to find out that my mom is a fag...well according to some people on the opposite team anyway...:lol
:lol

Top Bottom