• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

dfyb

Banned
i hope that, at least during the summer, GAF clan will play some clan matches against random other clans. KZ2 might just be the game to get me back into the casual-competitive FPS scene.

End of game help thank you please!

What is the deal with the boss fight at the end? There is a Trophy for doing it in 20 minutes, but I must have spent 2 hours on it now!

Once you've opened the whole room up and he is dancing around teleporting everywhere, are you just supposed to keep shooting him wearing him down?

The annoyance is that one single touch from him kills you, and he's way more agile than the player character is.

Any advice would be appreciated..

Aladuf

Banned
Recovery might be ranked #60 in the world or so but he knows he can't touch my StA-14. Those one or two matches you went HG you were eating my bullets. ;)

Those matches were crazy good tonight though, I think having the matches password protected is best so we can keep the douchebags out. Some of the matches details still need to be ironed out a bit but we've got a fairly good thing going now each night. Tonight's matches totally convinced me to start going for the Revolver unlock too, you guys who have it already were completely destroying people tonight.

KennyLinder said:

What is the deal with the boss fight at the end? There is a Trophy for doing it in 20 minutes, but I must have spent 2 hours on it now!

Once you've opened the whole room up and he is dancing around teleporting everywhere, are you just supposed to keep shooting him wearing him down?

The annoyance is that one single touch from him kills you, and he's way more agile than the player character is.

Just keep moving, he'll always appear behind you, you're already past the worst part which is the enemy waves.

BTW I think you have to beat his soldier waves and Radec in under 20 minutes, not 100% sure though.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
KennyLinder said:

I was able to kill him on Veteran without dying. My strategy was, as soon as he comes at you, run into the courtyard and grab a shotgun from the wall. Blast him until he starts coming at you with the knife ("knife mode") (listen for vocal cues, he'll say something like "after the hunt, the kill!") and just run away from him in circles around the courtyard. If he appears in front of you, or when you're feeling brave, face him and shoot him twice with the shotgun and he'll go back to the "shooting mode." Then shoot him again until he goes back into "knife mode", run around in circles, etc, keep doing that and he'll warp up to where he originally started. Once that happens he's near death.

I used the shotgun and the machine gun exclusively in the battle. The shotgun for the "knife modes" and then I busted out the machine gun to deliver the final blow.

AranhaHunter said:
Just keep moving, he'll always appear behind you, you're already past the worst part which is the enemy waves.

BTW I think you have to beat his soldier waves and Radec in under 20 minutes, not 100% sure though.

Thanks. Maybe I was just playing too much and getting tired then :) Will try again later!

dfyb

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
It's great when a team mate destroys one of my turrets so they can place one down. I just love that.
i won't touch a turret if it's actually out in the field but if i see a friendly turret in our spawn (laid down by a person... which is more common than it should be), then yeah i'm killing that useless turret -- as i then move to the action, it actually gives him time to put another down if he wants, because i won't put one down unless it is in a useful position.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Schrade said:
I hate all these easy-aim shotgun users. Makes it so the games aren't fun anymore for me :-/

If it makes you feel any better, I struggle for every single one of my shotgun kills as my most hated engineer.

i won't touch a turret if it's actually out in the field but if i see a friendly turret in our spawn (laid down by a person... which is more common than it should be), then yeah i'm killing that useless turret -- as i then move to the action, it actually gives him time to put another down if he wants, because i won't put one down unless it is in a useful position.

Well ya useless turrets should be destroyed. This, however, was a turret placed on high ground overlooking an objective. Dude destroyed mine and then placed his like 3 feet away.

industrian said:
I was able to kill him on Veteran without dying. My strategy was, as soon as he comes at you, run into the courtyard and grab a shotgun from the wall. Blast him until he starts coming at you with the knife ("knife mode") (listen for vocal cues, he'll say something like "after the hunt, the kill!") and just run away from him in circles around the courtyard. If he appears in front of you, or when you're feeling brave, face him and shoot him twice with the shotgun and he'll go back to the "shooting mode." Then shoot him again until he goes back into "knife mode", run around in circles, etc, keep doing that and he'll warp up to where he originally started. Once that happens he's near death.

I used the shotgun and the machine gun exclusively in the battle. The shotgun for the "knife modes" and then I busted out the machine gun to deliver the final blow.

I must have nearly had him. I am sure once it's done it will be under 20 mins, just the overall time last night was a couple of hours! :D

Schrade said:
I hate all these easy-aim shotgun users. Makes it so the games aren't fun anymore for me :-/
i was already used to aiming it from the beta so i say let everyone abuse the auto aim so when it gets patched up they wont land a shot:lol

ChryZ

I really enjoy SP, the AI makes the whole affair pretty dynamic. When you die and you have to replay a section then it's never quite the same. I'm going to replay the SP a couple of times for sure.

Eccocid

YEHAA!

Got the game yesterday finally. After i played the demo i was so disappointed with controls and tried to skip this game for a while. But yesterday i found myself at home with a copy of Killzone 2 lol.

After playing for few hours of warzone and skirmish and a first 2 levels i think CONTROLS are GREAT! I really love how it separates itself from a twitch based shooters like CoD. From what i have experienced ppl do less run&gun and use covers. Since they can't head shot so fast, they try to use covers as much as possible.

Also something i noticed, as a noob in this game i survived pretty long. Usually in other shooters (can't play them well) i die less than a minute. But in KZ2 in one match i was alive for more than 3 minutes and it was fun to shoot ppl taking covers changing positions depending on the game mode. Besides i had got 10 head shots in one round lol. Played Cod4 for months and never done anything like that.
Alsoo i noticed how ppl try to stick to each other in online.

Jtrizzy

I just brought my copy over to a neighbors and played it on a DS3 and it seemed more responsive than the sixaxis I play with. Makes me mad I have to spend the cost of a game to get a third controller when I never use more than two. I do have the triggers coming tomorrow though.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Oh WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!

I just got to the very end of salem bridge on elite! took me fucking 40 min to get passed it! and my fucking ally with the tank runs over my ass! and i have to restart the section again!. how this got passed QA is fucking beyond me!. FUCK!

JardeL

I've joined the server with 2 hours of KZ2 experience and when I see those Saboteurs really surprised :] ... It was really fun ... I really like the maps , all of them ...

I dont get the complaints about Full Recovery , it's not that hard to notice him ... Just shoot every one that you suspect :lol ... I noticed him several times ...

And that shotgun issue , yes it is a bit powerful but I'm ok with it ... You cant kill me with it from a distance but I can kick your ass with standart rifle :D ...

And who the hell is Click ?.. Such a shotgun noob :p ... He reminded me the noobs that use shotgun everytime at COD2 - El Alamein :D ...

Btw , I'm JardeL ...

DoomGyver

TEH-CJ said:
Oh WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!

I just got to the very end of salem bridge on elite! took me fucking 40 min to get passed it! and my fucking ally with the tank runs over my ass! and i have to restart the section again!. how this got passed QA is fucking beyond me!. FUCK!
I did that too :lol always look both ways before you cross the street kids!

DoomGyver

EnthusiasTech said:
I've joined the server with 2 hours of KZ2 experience and when I see those Saboteurs really surprised :] ... It was really fun ... I really like the maps , all of them ...

I dont get the complaints about Full Recovery , it's not that hard to notice him ... Just shoot every one that you suspect :lol ... I noticed him several times ...

And that shotgun issue , yes it is a bit powerful but I'm ok with it ... You cant kill me with it from a distance but I can kick your ass with standart rifle :D ...

And who the hell is Click ?.. Such a shotgun noob :p ... He reminded me the noobs that use shotgun everytime at COD2 - El Alamein :D ...

Btw , I'm JardeL ...
Click Click BANG! He switches classes up constantly, and will own you with any weapon. ;)

Anybody got the
Spare Parts
trophy?

Everytime I get on the damn thing, even on easy, before I kill all the leech pods the computer takes over, at one point there seems to be 10 red arrows on screen. Any advise?

Jtrizzy said:
I just brought my copy over to a neighbors and played it on a DS3 and it seemed more responsive than the sixaxis I play with. Makes me mad I have to spend the cost of a game to get a third controller when I never use more than two. I do have the triggers coming tomorrow though.

I did hear that the DS3 was more responsive than the Six Axis. I am fine with my Six Axis controllers, but if I see a decent deal on a DS3, I will probably grab it.

Gah... My copy of Killzone 2 still hasn't arrived from Play.com. They shipped it a week ago! I'm going crazy here... I hope it arrives tomorrow, so I can play through the weekend...

Melfice7

TEH-CJ said:
Oh WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!

That happened to me, i couldnt do anything more but laugh :lol

edit: but to be fair i jumped in front of it to see what exactly would happen

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Just finished the game:

i liked the ending (despite the whole massive helgan army that came our of nowhere although i guess that could be explained in ). Maybe it's because i hate rico so much and enjoy the fact that he's pretty much fucked everything up royally. hopefully KZ3 will include a level where people lynch rico for his stupidity. :D

AranhaHunter said:
Anybody got the
Spare Parts
trophy?

Everytime I get on the damn thing, even on easy, before I kill all the leech pods the computer takes over, at one point there seems to be 10 red arrows on screen. Any advise?

If you are using the zoom function, don't , just follow the red arrows and shoot, you'll hit them without a problem, if you see alot of them showing up use the rockets (this is on easy)

deepbrown

KennyLinder said:

Get an assault rifle and spin around - as soon as you hear the sound of him reappearing, spint to find him and shoot him in the head. It took me 17 minutes on my first go :/ And I'm not that great...

Barrett2

Man I hate random jackasses who don't help the team. Not a single other person on my last two games has healed anyone or set up any turrets or anything else. Grrr..

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Jtrizzy said:

Has anyone tried this with the cross battle 360 thingy?

rSpooky

KennyLinder said:

It also helps to work yourself into a corner so he cannot appear behind you anymore, for instance where he doors are you came through. Run there, turn around and shoot away as he comes running at you , quickly reload though and as last resort fall back to melee. The nice thing is that the corner near the doors has a weapons rack for fresh ammo. Eventually he will start (at least for me ) shooting you from the top level on the other side, from a good distance. when that happened I just took my time shooting at him until he was down as opposed to chasing him down

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't have any problems with the last boss itself (I even got the trophy for beating it quickly), but the final waves beforehand were hellish.

AranhaHunter said:
Anybody got the
Spare Parts
trophy?

is "hints" turned on? mine wasn't.. when i turned it on it was easy peasy

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
2yvmclu.jpg

Hells yeah.

Best Platinum icon ever?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im a Killzone 2 newbie so i have a couple of questions:
1)Is there a way to make a skirmish session with only one game type?
2)Whats the deal with the intel,do i have to go to killzone.com to see it?
3)I only played one online match and i got 29 points... but then my stats showed 0
(In fact all the stats says 0)
4)Who is in charge of the EU clan? Could you send me a clan invite?:D
Thanks

Top Bottom