• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

A.R.K

Dante said:
Anybody else hear the chirp during their workday? I'd love to change my text message notification to that :lol

I would like to have the .wav/mp3 file for that too so I can add it to my messenger/email notifications :lol

LOVE.THE.CHIRP :D

Stillmatic

BruceLeeRoy said:
Wow really good to know thanks man.

In the bottom left of your screen where you have the abilities, some abilities have little box's in the icon. If they're grayed out you can't deploy any more of it until they've been destroyed. If they're white then you're good to go.

FFObsessed said:
90 kills!?! wtf I don't believe you :lol

Was it a crazy long match or something?

just a regular dedicated warzone game on pyrrhus rise. love being isa cause of the great sniper spots at the base! i just did what i do every match on there, first i go engineer to build ammo crates at the base then i go kamikaze into the enemy till dead then i change to scout, go to the top of base and snipe away with unlimited ammo:D always gets me around 50+ kills

KZObsessed

aj2good4you2 said:
just a regular dedicated warzone game on pyrrhus rise. love being isa cause of the great sniper spots at the base! i just did what i do every match on there, first i go engineer to build ammo crates at the base then i go kamikaze into the enemy till dead then i change to scout, go to the top of base and snipe away with unlimited ammo:D always gets me around 50+ kills

Ammo crates!!! Why didn't I think of that! Everytime with the sniper I'd run out of ammo and I'd have to go off and get myself killed if I can't find another sniper. Never thought to use an ammo crate. :lol *embarrassed*

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
FFObsessed said:
Ammo crates!!! Why didn't I think of that! Everytime with the sniper I'd run out of ammo and I'd have to go off and get myself killed if I can't find another sniper. Never thought to use an ammo crate. :lol *embarrassed*
I still can't get online but I've been playing Skirmish a ton and I obsessively use Ammo Crates. There's a position you can get to on Corinth Crossing where there's an ammo crate by a position that's really easy to see into the Search and Destroy area. I can wreck the enemy lines with grenades and cover fire while the rest of the team plants the charges.

FFObsessed said:

i think i know what your talking about! is it the "oh crap i cant find any sniper ammo so let me run out in the open pistol blazing hoping i die soon"?:lol

KZObsessed

RoboPlato said:
I still can't get online but I've been playing Skirmish a ton and I obsessively use Ammo Crates. There's a position you can get to on Corinth Crossing where there's an ammo crate by a position that's really easy to see into the Search and Destroy area. I can wreck the enemy lines with grenades and cover fire while the rest of the team plants the charges.

I think it's because in the Beta practically no one had the repair ability because then it was 5 kills with a turret in one round rather than a game, so there were no ammo crates. I've never actually used them before and so I'm just not used to using them, will do so next time I see one. :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
FFObsessed said:
I think it's because in the Beta practically no one had the repair ability because then it was 5 kills with a turret in one round rather than a game, so there were no ammo crates. I've never actually used them before and so I'm just not used to using them, will do so next time I see one. :p
I figured that would be a good spot to let you know about. Whenever I manage to pick up the sniper rifle I bolt for an ammo crate so I can use it for a while. It's like OCD for me to have full ammo and grenades.

KZObsessed

aj2good4you2 said:
i think i know what your talking about! is it the "oh crap i cant find any sniper ammo so let me run out in the open pistol blazing hoping i die soon"?:lol

Yep :p I'd usually pick up a rifle tho and go running off into battle! :lol

That or I'd whip out my revolver and hope I'd draw enough attention for someone to kill me. ;D

Ploid 3.0

FFObsessed said:

I used the ammo crates in the beta. Someone had it. I kept restocking my rockets with it sitting at a window. I wondered why I never noticed it, that little spot became my favorite nook in the map (the map with the tunnels and bridges.

KZObsessed

RoboPlato said:
I figured that would be a good spot to let you know about. Whenever I manage to pick up the sniper rifle I bolt for an ammo crate so I can use it for a while. It's like OCD for me to have full ammo and grenades.

Thanx. I must do this in future.

Ammo crates ammo crates ammo crates ammo crates...

scaffa

Anyone else having problems with the game crashing a lot?

Today Kz2 crashed about 4 times or even more and same goes for the the last few days. The screen freezes up, so does the sound (it keeps looping kinda) and I can still hear people on the mic talking sometimes.

It's really starting to get annoying. And I hate losing my stats for unlocking stuff. Also I don't have this problem with other games.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
BruceLeeRoy said:
You can place more than 1 at a time!? Are you serious?
Do you just have to let it recharge again?

Man I am a dumbass if that's true.

Your entire faction can have up to 4 turrets out at once, whether that be all from one person or several different players doesn't matter.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
methane47 said:
i see nothing on the Killzone.com.
Site's been down all week. They've been looking into separating the site from the game servers to ease the load on it.

KZObsessed

Ploid 3.0 said:
I used the ammo crates in the beta. Someone had it. I kept restocking my rockets with it sitting at a window. I wondered why I never noticed it, that little spot became my favorite nook in the map (the map with the tunnels and bridges.

I think I only ever saw ammo crates/turrets a handful of times in the Beta :(

I think I know the place you're talking about. Blood Gracht. Helghast base, window overlooking the space between the top bases.

Nafai1123

Banned
Zotty said:
Anyone else having problems with the game crashing a lot?

Today Kz2 crashed about 4 times or even more and same goes for the the last few days. The screen freezes up, so does the sound (it keeps looping kinda) and I can still hear people on the mic talking sometimes.

It's really starting to get annoying. And I hate losing my stats for unlocking stuff. Also I don't have this problem with other games.

Are you playing as a saboteur? I have not had a single crash, but I haven't played as a saboteur yet. About 9 hrs put into MP so far.

Killthee said:
Site's been down all week. They've been looking into separating the site from the game servers to ease the load on it.

That's definitely what they are going to have to do. Pretty stupid for it to be with them in the first place.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Fistwell said:
They dont give you points, but they give you... you know... health. Kind of a big deal. I've found it usefull very often, allowed me to cut down on deaths and score more kills/points. So, it doesn't directly give you extra points, but indirectly, it allows you to score more. Or at least it has for me.
Also, if it did give you points, it'd be pretty easy to exploit.

Obviously, I mean people give them the shaft because they, as medics, don't get points for the act. Like I said, they matter, a lot, and can shift entire games if done right, but nobody ever drops them because THEY see no personal benefit. People put points ahead of winning games, and it's annoying.

TheFatOne

SnakeXs said:
Obviously, I mean people give them the shaft because they, as medics, don't get points for the act. Like I said, they matter, a lot, and can shift entire games if done right, but nobody ever drops them because THEY see no personal benefit. People put points ahead of winning games, and it's annoying.

Plus it take you know actual skill to play the medic right. Reviving people is easy, but healing people during a firefight is extremely difficult. BTW does anyone know how to figure out the percentages for weekly rank?

dfyb

Banned
battle replays are a tad bugged it seems. it appears that a dot is not changed back to colored after being revived, and because it's still marked as being dead, it won't update it's location until it gets a kill (you'll see gray dots teleport when this happens).

scaffa

Nafai1123 said:
Are you playing as a saboteur? I have not had a single crash, but I haven't played as a saboteur yet. About 9 hrs put into MP so far.

Uh I'm playing mostly as a saboteur now yeah. Why?

Am I sabotaging my ps3? :lol

Killthee

Zotty said:
Uh I'm playing mostly as a saboteur now yeah. Why?

Am I sabotaging my ps3? :lol
The a bug that freezes the game (sometimes for everybody in the same room) when people play as saboteur's. Patch is on its way.

.GqueB.

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Is it bad that I spent 25 hours in the MP but have only made it to Visari Square in single player.
Dont feel too bad, youre better off than me. I was trying it on veteran and I got to the last fight. I cant even get ten feet without getting f'd up so I quit. I keep saying "for now" but I dont even know about that.

SnakeXs said:
Oh, ok, misread you, thought you were saying that. My bad.
But yeah, i like health packs. I'm finishing up the med pack medal before moving on to engineer.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
TheFatOne said:
Plus it take you know actual skill to play the medic right. Reviving people is easy, but healing people during a firefight is extremely difficult. BTW does anyone know how to figure out the percentages for weekly rank?

I don't disagree, and I think that dropped poop bags (health kits) should be marked on the mini map.

Dever

Banned
Yay, I'm ranked #54465. :lol Kill ratio of 1.18 with 18 team kills. Yeah, I've messed up a few grenade throws. This one time I killed like 3 teammates, oops.

RavenFox

Banned
Stillmatic said:
Stats are back up now on killzone.com! :D

edit: and they're down again. That was fast...
Everyone alive and dead are logging into that damn site. Its ridiculous how slow it is.

Me and 'ol painless' got over 130 yesterday

TheFatOne

.GqueB. said:
Dont feel too bad, youre better off than me. I was trying it on veteran and I got to the last fight. I cant even get ten feet without getting f'd up so I quit. I keep saying "for now" but I dont even know about that.

I think I'm going to try and get the in the top 1% then I will beat the single player. I'm also doing it on veteran and boy do I hate the rocket launcher guys.

SnakeXs said:
I don't disagree, and I think that dropped poop bags (health kits) should be marked on the mini map.

If you don't have a mic its even more difficult because you can't let your team know you dropped them. I think they should make them glow either blue for ISA or red for Helghast, and show them on the map.

Barrett2

My god, two opposing spawn points in an enclosed location is a complete clusterfuck. :lol

Oh shit, just got the rocket launcher! :D

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
TheFatOne said:
Is it bad that I spent 25 hours in the MP but have only made it to Visari Square in single player.

I haven't even ventured into the single player portion of the main menu :lol.
I've put about the same number of hours into MP.

SaitoH

Dever said:
Yay, I'm ranked #54465. :lol Kill ratio of 1.18 with 18 team kills. Yeah, I've messed up a few grenade throws. This one time I killed like 3 teammates, oops.

Ugh, last night I went to throw a grenade, got shot, grenade dropped to my feet as I died and took out 3 teammates. I was doing well on the leadboards, but that quickly put a stop to that.

*coughs*

is there a ribbon for using the rocket launcher? like getting a certain amount of kills with it? or is it just a weapon to use once in awhile?

Killthee

Dever said:
#40019 with a KD ratio of .76 X_X

I've been focusing way too much on these damn ribbons and the turret ribbon is killing me >_<
TrAcEr_x90 said:
is there a ribbon for using the rocket launcher? like getting a certain amount of kills with it? or is it just a weapon to use once in awhile?
Just a weapon. AFAIK, the only non class specific weapons that have badges are the pistol and the grenades.

Top Bottom