• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

DangerStepp

Raist said:
FOR FUCK'S SAKE

I don't know why they put Rico with you in the last level. >This fucking motherfucker is useless. The later waves outnumber you, run to the stairs, and fucking kill you while you try to take cover from Radec and the dudes that are still on the lower floor. And of course Rico keeps hiding and doesn't do shit to help you. FUCK

That's been the whole game for me.

"MEDIC!! SOMEONE GET ME BACK IN THE MOTHA F***N' GAME!!! SEV!!"

*heal*

*Stands up, dies again, rinse, repeat*

KZObsessed

kitch9 said:
Man the
last fight on veteran is fucking hard.... I 've managed to get up to the balcony, but now I'm getting spammed with rockets and elite soldiers
, can I fuck get past it.......I'm resisting dropping the difficulty.

Anybody got any tips?

When the
Rocket Launcher guys show up, grab a grenade launcher, go to the left hand side near the stairs. Stay on the top floor and fire grenade rounds at them. The rockets shouldn't be able to get you, but Radec does throw grenades so be careful. Just spam grenade rounds in their general direction and you should take them out with 12 grenade rounds. Be careful of people coming up the stairs tho.

This is why I usually play games on normal first :/

Big-E

commish said:
You're stuck on the class with the automatic lockon weapon? If I only used the shotgun, I think my kdr would be 3. It's so ridics.

Some of us can't use the automatic lock on. With Alternate 2 all you get is the flashlight turning on. I find the shotgun really hard to use especially if you go in guns blazing.

Big-E said:
Some of us can't use the automatic lock on. With Alternate 2 all you get is the flashlight turning on. I find the shotgun really hard to use especially if you go in guns blazing.

It still locks on with alternate 2. I use alternate 2 and it locks on. The flashlight and lock on are the same button.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
commish said:
You're stuck on the class with the automatic lockon weapon? If I only used the shotgun, I think my kdr would be 3. It's so ridics.

I don't do that bullshit. I can't do it actually because I use the default control scheme.

KZObsessed

Raist said:
FOR FUCK'S SAKE

I don't know why they put Rico with you in the last level. >This fucking motherfucker is useless. The later waves outnumber you, run to the stairs, and fucking kill you while you try to take cover from Radec and the dudes that are still on the lower floor. And of course Rico keeps hiding and doesn't do shit to help you. FUCK

Go up the stairs and
kill both flame thrower guys and crouch in one of those corners. Which ever one keeps you closest to Rico. Pick off the guys below, and use grenades but stay in the corner. When the second and third waves come stay in each corner and kill the guys who flank you. You can use the fire on the walls to set them alight. Sniper rifle works well at that bit or you can just use the rifle. They come from both sides so keep an eye out. Use Rico as a warning sign, if he dies, (lol) then move to the other side and kill whoever is flanking and revive him. Then when the rocket launcher guys come, grab a grenade launcher, go to the far left near the stairs, stay on higher floor and spam grenade rounds at them. Watch out for Radec's grenades and for anyone who comes up the stairs. Checkpoint should be after that.

Big-E

WHOAguitarninja said:
It still locks on with alternate 2. I use alternate 2 and it locks on. The flashlight and lock on are the same button.

Oh I didn't realize this. When people were talking about it, it seemed like they were in a zoomed in firing mode when pressing L1. When the light cam on for me I just assumed that it wouldn't work.

Raist

Banned
zomg, finally beat it

Fighting radec was soooooooo easy. Got him down under 20min (lol?) and didn't die once.

The ending is awesome. Bit cliffhangerish, but I really liked it.

Wolfwood0

Neo Member
_tetsuo_ said:
I don't do that bullshit. I can't do it actually because I use the default control scheme.

Pretty much. Cant imagine why i would want to use that if its not intended to be in the game. Why anyone would want the gun to aim for them is beyond me. If i paid 60$ for it i kinda want to play it.

Raist said:
zomg, finally beat it

Fighting radec was soooooooo easy. Got him down under 20min (lol?) and didn't die once.

The ending is awesome. Bit cliffhangerish, but I really liked it.
well done. pretty intense game right :p

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Finally beat the single player mode and I'm thinking the game would have been better off if they'd just skipped 80% of the dialouge.

I finished the last fight under 20 minutes too by the way.

Barrett2

ItsInMyVeins said:
Finally beat the single player mode and I'm thinking the game would have been better off if they'd just skipped 80% of the dialouge.

Fuckin' fuck, man! Kill the fuckers! Aww fuck!!

Baker

Banned
Oh good, other people are bitching about the last level too. I'm playing on Veteran (I think, whatever Hard is) and I actually had to just give up last night. Once I got killed by the guys who spawn behind you and revived Rico for the 500th time, it became pretty easy just to say "fuck it."

belvedere

Junior Butler
Baker said:
Oh good, other people are bitching about the last level too. I'm playing on Veteran (I think, whatever Hard is) and I actually had to just give up last night. Once I got killed by the guys who spawn behind you and revived Rico for the 500th time, it became pretty easy just to say "fuck it."

I ended up finally getting past that part by hauling balls to the back area where Radek is then killing the rpg guys around him. After that it was pretty easy.

That part seriously pissed me off though.

Ending up getting a trophy for completing it quickly though in the end.

:lol

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
lawblob said:
Fuckin' fuck, man! Kill the fuckers! Aww fuck!!

It's not as much the swearing as it is the dialouge just interrupting and cheapening some of the more spectacular scenes where there would have been more of an impact if they'd just shut up and let the imagery and music play its part.

Big-E

Am I the only one who wasn't bothered by the swearing at all. Going in I thought I was going to be hearing it every 2 seconds but really it wasn't that frequent. I was thinking they were going to swear as much as I do but they didn't reach my level. It was rare to hear a fuck followed directly by other fucks or other swears.

cryptic

Big-E said:
Am I the only one who wasn't bothered by the swearing at all. Going in I thought I was going to be hearing it every 2 seconds but really it wasn't that frequent. I was thinking they were going to swear as much as I do but they didn't reach my level. It was rare to hear a fuck followed directly by other fucks or other swears.

I think it's just the fact that it's swearing in a video game that make's it stand out more. I know plenty of people who say fuck in greater frequency than any of the characters in this game.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Big-E said:

Gears' swearing annoyed me. This is so frequent you have to laugh. Surely GG didn't intend on it being taken completely seriously.

Big-E

belvedere said:
Gears' swearing annoyed me. This is so frequent you have to laugh. Surely GG didn't intend on it being taken completely seriously.

It's real life. Walk onto any construction job and you will find out that the word fuck or fucking or any combination of the word fuck is more frequent than the word the. I have never been in a military but I can only assume that it would be the same type of atmosphere when there would be no officers around.

Baker

Banned
Big-E said:

It didn't bother me at all. You give me a big gun and a hundred dudes shooting at me, and I'd talk like that in real life too.

It also never struck me as so prevalent that it seemed like every other word was 'fuck' or whatever.

kitch9 said:
Man the
last fight on veteran is fucking hard.... I 've managed to get up to the balcony, but now I'm getting spammed with rockets and elite soldiers
, can I fuck get past it.......I'm resisting dropping the difficulty.

Anybody got any tips?

Okay man this is what worked for me.
Click on this picture and ill walk you through it.
So after the you hear the doors opening announcing the arrival of the rocket launchers hole up in that
spot next to the debris with the sniper rifle and crouch in the corner. No one on the ground can hit you and they will be forced to run up the stairs or go for cover at the bottom of the stairs. If they do either you can try and snipe them, throw a grenade or switch to knife run take them down and then run back to cover. Once your done with them you can snipe the guys at your leisure from that spot.

WinFonda

Big-E said:
Yeah from the fuss about it I thought it was going to be very intolerable, but I haven't had any issues with it... nor the dialog.

Jim

WinFonda said:
Yeah from the fuss about it I thought it was going to be very intolerable, but I haven't had any issues with it... nor the dialog.

Hah, either did I. Didn't seem over the top to me, especially considering Rico, Garza and Natko's back stories and all. Sev was pretty level headed considering, and I liked him as a main character. But
Templar, nooooo
:(

DoomGyver

GAF EAST 1 PRACT is up for [GAF] east clan to practice.

Join so we can get a few rounds in on Pyrrhus rise and plan ahead for the tourney in the next hour.

careful

Fellas,

If I create a clan, will it make it easier to invite/join friends games?
I can't find any info about this online..
Can we play public games or is it only against other clans?

Thanks.

dfyb

Banned
Full Recovery said:
GAF EAST 1 PRACT is up for [GAF] east clan to practice.

Join so we can get a few rounds in on Pyrrhus rise and plan ahead for the tourney in the next hour.
what time is the official match? in an hour?

Dever

Banned
NeoUltima said:
Best line in the game is by Garza after you take out your first heavy "Yeah, you finally got that big mother-fucker!"

That reminds me of a small problem in the game. Sometimes they shout the lines in an... illogical order. Like:

"Shoot the tanks on his back, Sev!!"

and immediately afterwards:

"Damn, how do you kill this thing?!"

Or telling you to do stuff that you're already doing etc... The cursing didn't bother me at all though.

raYne

careful said:
Fellas,

If I create a clan, will it make it easier to invite/join friends games?
I can't find any info about this online..
Can we play public games or is it only against other clans?

Thanks.
Nope, doesn't make it any easier and the clan can still play whoever they want in normal matches.

The only "advantage" of a clan is the tournament addition. There you can bet points versus other clans to up your clan points/rating upon victory. Moving your clan up the ranking ladder.

Dever said:
That reminds me of a small problem in the game. Sometimes they shout the lines in an... illogical order. Like:

Or telling you to do stuff that you're already doing etc... The cursing didn't bother me at all though.
Don't remember the exact situation, but at one point I had Rico start saying something, interrupt himself and start saying the same thing all over again.

Didn't happen on the first playthrough, so it was doubly weird when I heard it.

Baker

Banned
Dever said:

Or telling you to get your ass into cover when one bullet hits you while they proceed to run directly up to the enemy and die.

Big-E

momolicious said:
Did Guerrilla games put alot of cuss words in the game on purpose to be funny? or edgy?

I would argue that not putting constant swearing in a war game is trying to be something. Swearing is real, there is nothing edgy about it and fits the setting. Grunts should not be speaking eloquently and quoting Shakespeare.

LeonTrotskyTrout said:
GAFw needs members for the tourney! I'm begging you! :lol :lol :lol

We have 2 people for the tourney!

When is the tournament?

Big-E said:
I would argue that not putting constant swearing in a war game is trying to be something. Swearing is real, there is nothing edgy about it and fits the setting. Grunts should not be speaking eloquently and quoting Shakespeare.

Yeah definitely. War doesn't really bring out the softer side of people.

:lol A reply to my comment on this youtube video - Killzone 2 Control Comparison

xBerserker: So .... do you play all games by flicking the analog stick? lol
MuchRockness: Yes. Why's that so weird?

BruceLeeRoy said:
Ahh shit I am at work.

Same here, if we are going to play against euroGAF do it on the weekend. Keep the North American tournaments during the weeknights.

Top Bottom