• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Thrakier

xBerserker said:
:lol A reply to my comment on this youtube video - Killzone 2 Control Comparison

xBerserker: So .... do you play all games by flicking the analog stick? lol
MuchRockness: Yes. Why's that so weird?

I think the problem with the flicks is the following - KZ2 has a MUCH higher accleration curve than all those other games he compared. So the flicks are barely recognized. Because you can't do the flick with the exact same strength and speed everytime sometimes it happens that they are not recgonized at all. For all the other games in the comparison, they have no big accleration curve so the flick registers all the time but also with different movement on the screen though. Those flicks are just too fast for the KZ2 controls - if the lag would be related to this, you would see the game respond all the time, just later though. Anyone agree? Maybe I should post this over there...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
LeonTrotskyTrout said:
Nope, 6:00 pm EST, unless someone changed it within the last day.

Shit, I can't make the tourney. Dinner with my better half :\ I dont know why I thought it was later. Good luck team!

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
Big-E said:
It's real life. Walk onto any construction job and you will find out that the word fuck or fucking or any combination of the word fuck is more frequent than the word the. I have never been in a military but I can only assume that it would be the same type of atmosphere when there would be no officers around.

In the military 'Fuck' is an adjective, noun and verb. I have heard sentences where 50-75 percent of the words were some variation of fuck, fucking, fucked, fucker...

LeonTrotskyTrout said:
Nope, 6:00 pm EST, unless someone changed it within the last day.

Ug, 6PM on a weekday is a teerrrrrible time for most of us who work, I would think.

I'll never be able to make it. :( I don't get home until like 6:45.

8 or 9 PM would be sweet.

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
momolicious said:
Did Guerrilla games put alot of cuss words in the game on purpose to be funny? or edgy?

It's possible that I shouldn't have watched so much Generation Kill whilst working on it, I don't know.

It certainly wasn't a decision to play for humour or to make it 'zing with the homeslice audience in the bro demographic'. We had a bit of a roasting over the dialog being too cheesy and my brief was to de-cheese. In my naivety I thought I'd write it similar to the way I've heard soldiers talking to each other.

LeonTrotskyTrout said:
GAFw needs members for the tourney! I'm begging you! :lol :lol :lol

We have 2 people for the tourney!

Ill be on tonight, but what time? I am at work so i cant look at the clan info and killzone.com isnt workin.

were west coast? how the heck are people supposed to participate when its the middle of the day. Or maybe im the only one who works a 9 to 5 job?

-viper-

Banned
Big-E said:
I would argue that not putting constant swearing in a war game is trying to be something. Swearing is real, there is nothing edgy about it and fits the setting. Grunts should not be speaking eloquently and quoting Shakespeare.
What the fuck is a Shakespeare...

BlacKMaRK

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
were west coast? how the heck are people supposed to participate when its the middle of the day. Or maybe im the only one who works a 9 to 5 job?

i work nights so its cool for me but your right. at 3pm most west coasters are probably at work =/

its alright, me an kilgore will hold it down.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Iain Howe said:
It's possible that I shouldn't have watched so much Generation Kill whilst working on it, I don't know.

It certainly wasn't a decision to play for humour or to make it 'zing with the homeslice audience in the bro demographic'. We had a bit of a roasting over the dialog being too cheesy and my brief was to de-cheese. In my naivety I thought I'd write it similar to the way I've heard soldiers talking to each other.

The dialouge itself isn't really much of an issue as far as I'm concerned. I didn't react to that in Killzone 2 or Gears of War 2 anyways. Either way, here's an example of what I'm trying to say regarding the various dialouges (spoiler about the ending):

After you've fought Radec and Sev walks out to the stairs you see those huge helghast ships coming in. It's cool looking scene, but loudly and clearly you hear soldiers shouting several lines out. Personally, I think that scene would have been better off without those lines at all, maybe just a single one or sounding less clear. And I'm pretty sure there were a few more scenes like that, although I can't recall one just now.

BlacKMaRK said:
i work nights so its cool for me but your right. at 3pm most west coasters are probably at work =/

its alright, me an kilgore will hold it down.

cool man, you headshot those fools. WEST COOAST!! hahaha.

so those wont always be the times for the clan matches right?? i hope theres more night ones.

Big-E

Thrakier said:
Does anyone know the correct settings so that x and y sensivity are on the same level for SP and MP?

No one can tell you what your sensitivity should be. It's all feeling. You got to experiment with it.

Lobby is up now for tournament. ALL EAST 3 MEMBERS REPORT FOR DUTY! We got 6 now, need 4 more. Go to Clan - > events to join.

East 3 is playing East 2 in the first round.

.nimrod said:
:O
the unlockables on killzone.com are absolutely awesome!
Wallpapers, poster, wildlife field guide, Helghast food preparation, PAPER CRAFTS!!

I am at the page where it lists all the ones I have unlocked but I don't see any links. How do
I look at what I unlocked? Do I have to do it from the game?

ItsInMyVeins said:
The dialouge itself isn't really much of an issue as far as I'm concerned. I didn't react to that in Killzone 2 or Gears of War 2 anyways. Either way, here's an example of what I'm trying to say regarding the various dialouges (spoiler about the ending):

After you've fought Radec and Sev walks out to the stairs you see those huge helghast ships coming in. It's cool looking scene, but loudly and clearly you hear soldiers shouting several lines out. Personally, I think that scene would have been better off without those lines at all, maybe just a single one or sounding less clear. And I'm pretty sure there were a few more scenes like that, although I can't recall one just now.

I actually disagree with that specific line you chose.
Its a perfect contrast to Sev's character. Everyone is going fu@#$ing crazy trying to figure out what they are going to do to survive but Sev knows it just delaying the inevitable they truly are screwed. I think the way they did that whole scene was perfect.

Hey guys, I know it was posted earlier in the thread, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know the UK site for the PS3 headset?

Thanks,

Raz

razgriz417 said:
Hey guys, I know it was posted earlier in the thread, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know the UK site for the PS3 headset?

Thanks,

Raz

I think the best price for it is still amazon.com

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
BruceLeeRoy said:
I actually disagree with that specific line you chose.
Its a perfect contrast to Sev's character. Everyone is going fu@#$ing crazy trying to figure out what they are going to do to survive but Sev knows it just delaying the inevitable they truly are screwed. I think the way they did that whole scene was perfect.

It's not a specific line, it's like three at once and I think that's kinda hammering the message and I'm thinking there probably are better ways to convey whay you mention.

The only hint you'd need is to know that those ships are helghast ones, other than that I think the whole scene can speak for itself.

Thrakier said:
I think the problem with the flicks is the following - KZ2 has a MUCH higher accleration curve than all those other games he compared. So the flicks are barely recognized. Because you can't do the flick with the exact same strength and speed everytime sometimes it happens that they are not recgonized at all. For all the other games in the comparison, they have no big accleration curve so the flick registers all the time but also with different movement on the screen though. Those flicks are just too fast for the KZ2 controls - if the lag would be related to this, you would see the game respond all the time, just later though. Anyone agree? Maybe I should post this over there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yFa_EZORYo&feature=related

This is a pretty good video. I think most of the "lag" is due to Guerrillas major use of post processing effects. The same way processing effects of an HDTV causes lag in games. There is no way for them to "patch" or fix this without removing the effects so their only recourse is to deny it exists.

fiiinally got on my stats page. oh my god, this is the coolest frickin thing ive ever seen. I can finally see all the medals and at least try to figure out when i need to do to get them all. Im on the page where i have unlocked rewards, pdfs and such but i cant seem to click ont hem to download. This game just keeps on giving.

.nimrod

BruceLeeRoy said:
I am at the page where it lists all the ones I have unlocked but I don't see any links. How do
I look at what I unlocked? Do I have to do it from the game?

there should be a link beneath every item, but they didn't show up for me at first.
try refreshing, maybe that does it for you

mhaygw.png

BlacKMaRK

Banned
so as of right now there are 3 GAFw members playing against ourselves???

wtf is going on in this tourny??? or am i missing something.

oh, and one of our members couldnt join because the even didnt show up on his clan page!!

Varna

Anyone have any suggestion on an affordable Bluetooth headset for this game? I'm using my old Warhawk bundle one and it's just not cutting it.

Thrakier

MWS Natural said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yFa_EZORYo&feature=related

This is a pretty good video. I think most of the "lag" is due to Guerrillas major use of post processing effects. The same way processing effects of an HDTV causes lag in games. There is no way for them to "patch" or fix this without removing the effects so their only recourse is to deny it exists.

WTF? You didn't even read my theory, did you? I never said that there isn't lag. There IS lag. Like there is lag in Halo 3. I was talking about why some flicks may not register. Even with 150ms or 1000ms lag every flick should register - if the game is supposed to pick it up.

Varna said:
Anyone have any suggestion on an affordable Bluetooth headset for this game? I'm using my old Warhawk bundle one and it's just not cutting it.

why do people want blue tooth?... i hated mine and bought one with a usb cord.. much better now.. i think it even caused problems in game..(the bluetooth that is)..

Setting up a clan practice match for EAST2 in a minute for the people that aren't in the tourney.

if you are EAST2, look under clan members and join the room.

Thrakier said:
WTF? You didn't even read my theory, did you? I never said that there isn't lag. There IS lag. Like there is lag in Halo 3. I was talking about why some flicks may not register. Even with 150ms or 1000ms lag every flick should register - if the game is supposed to pick it up.

Wha? I wasn't agree or disagreeing with you I was just stating my opinion on the subject :lol

gogogow

Started playing online since yesterday, after beating SP mode.

I'm already on the list of [GAFe] Euro GAF clan.
What needs to be done in the game itself so that I can join a clan match?
I can't check anything about the clan.
Do I need to be invited into the clan or something in the game?
It's quite different than Resistance FOM.

Top Bottom