• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

BeeDog

DrXym said:
There is something really up with the intro video in PAL SD - it jerks like a car lurching in the wrong gear.

I also noticed something funky with it, but I'm running in 1080p. In some parts (like when they're exiting the ship), the image teared madly.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I searched my name on killzone.com and I can't seem to find it for the life of me. It's pelicansurf but after I search it, it just shows me a bunch of random names. S

Varna

Always-honest said:
why do people want blue tooth?... i hated mine and bought one with a usb cord.. much better now.. i think it even caused problems in game..(the bluetooth that is)..

Well my setup being really far away from my seat is the biggest issue.

pelicansurf said:
I searched my name on killzone.com and I can't seem to find it for the life of me. It's pelicansurf but after I search it, it just shows me a bunch of random names. S

Did you login with your psn name?

Varna said:
Well my setup being really far away from my seat is the biggest issue.

how far?.. you can make the cables longer.. i really think cables just work better (in fact, i thik wireless pretty much sucks... in everything)

Ephemeris

Rapping Granny said:
did EAST2 win?

Everything went as planned.
5vy841.jpg

Always-honest said:
how far?.. you can make the cables longer.. i really think cables just work better (in fact, i thik wireless pretty much sucks... in everything)

Yeah wireless is completely pointless.

Tom Penny said:
This game is so freaking dumb. I got in a game of 16 people 8 on 8. Game never autobalances so it's 8 on 2 . That's fun......

Well it actually does auto-balance if its enabled. Blame the host.

NeoUltima

GG East 2 ftw but....what was with the capture round? Lyulf capped one right at the end but it still gave us the round win, instead of a tie.

TheFatOne

razgriz417 said:
5-2 :D but they were down 2 ppl

It should have been 4-2 because WHOAguitarninja delivered the propaganda machine but the game didn't count it.

NeoUltima said:
GG East 2 ftw but....what was with the capture round? Lyulf capped one right at the end but it still gave us the round win, instead of a tie.

Yup I thought I had it I guess not.

TheFatOne said:
It should have been 4-2 because WHOAguitarninja delivered the propaganda machine but the game didn't count it.

Yea I noticed that too, glitch maybe? I just remember sniping you as you ran across with the speaker, o so satisfying :D

Zeliard

Always-honest said:

If you have a good router, wireless is perfectly okay. I download at speeds of up to 2.5 megs a second through a Netgear-powered wireless connection.

Varna

Always-honest said:

I guess I could do that. I really wish these consoles would take non-ubs PC headphones. Would be a fairly affordable set to buy?

Zeliard said:
If you have a good router, wireless is perfectly okay. I download at speeds of up to 2.5 megs a second through a Netgear-powered wireless connection.
well, i just think the quality and the reliability is just way better with a wire.. with everything.

Varna said:
I guess I could do that. I really wish these consoles would take non-ubs PC headphones. Would be a fairly affordable set to buy?
i have a Logitech... pro gamer or something.. 100x better than my Jabra.
i always can tell when someone comes online with a bluetooth device...

TrAcEr_x90 said:
were west coast? how the heck are people supposed to participate when its the middle of the day. Or maybe im the only one who works a 9 to 5 job?

Same. I work a 8 - 5 work week. I'll never be able to join in if it's always like this ...

Ideally a good time would be 9 or 10 pm EST for north america. I'm in the mountain time zone so that's 7 or 8 pm for me.

Ephemeris

NameGenerated said:
Haha, the beginning, everyone was just fiddling around at the base and you were already across the map. :lol
FFObsessed has his Scout, Recovery has his Saboteur, I have my tactician :lol

TrAcEr_x90 said:
yeah 9 is much more doable. especially on weekends.

Weekends I'm cool pretty much anytime, I just don't get home from work until like 6:30-7 on weekends. Need a bit of chill time after that too.

9 would be perfect.

Teknoman

Always-honest said:
i have a Logitech... pro gamer or something.. 100x better than my Jabra.
i always can tell when someone comes online with a bluetooth device...

Sony PS3 bluetooth in HQ mode is awesome though.

BobTheFork said:
I can do nights but not weekend nights, so nothing is perfect

I would think most on the East coast would be more comfortable with something later than 6PM on weekdays.

Maybe the crowd here isn't in the working force yet though...when I was a student, any time would have been fine. /shrug

Norml

This game seems to have lag or somthing.

MP in skirmish is easier to control and aim for me and it never has those late kills + picking up the speaker will happen right when you walk over it when online for me I can run right over it and not pick it up.

Teknoman said:
Sony PS3 bluetooth in HQ mode is awesome though.
if you say so.. (i don't have it, so i don't know).

anyway... still haven't played Killzone2 online (well, just 1 on 1 with friend).. and now i'm ready, but kinda scared ... i'm going to get owned pretty bad i guess..

any golden tips?

Top Bottom