• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kolgar

Thrakier said:
Hey! Can anyone tell me if and how the savegame is tied to the hardware of the console? If I exchange my PS3 now which part will I loose?

Unforunately, the save game cannot be copied.

It is absolutely RETARDED. I have two PS3s and access to a third, but if I want to play SP, I guess I'm locked down to the one in my living room now.

I don't know about MP. Do stats carry over to different consoles from the GG servers? I want to play from my girlfriend's house tonight. :/

dfyb said:
ok i still don't get it. that TiTA clan isn't even listed in subscribed clans for the tourny yet we just played them and won. our round isn't listed, either.

edit: or is TiTA Junts..?
yes, thats it. They really showed up lol

wtf boost ribbon fixed, but no patch yet?

mr_nothin

Banned
NameGenerated said:
6 on 3, East2 got destroyed. 10 members online and only 3 showed up :(
I dont have my ps3 right now :(
I would have shown up.
Cant wait to join you guys.

I hope East2 doesnt fall apart.
We could have taken them If I was there!

BobTheFork said:
yes, thats it. They really showed up lol

wtf boost ribbon fixed, but no patch yet?
Most of the time, the ribbon/medal "glitches" are usually server-side and dont require you to download a patch.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
MirageDwarf said:
This list has been posted like thousand times.

I suppose I should have gone back 6 pages instead of 4, to not offend you so!

Loudninja said:
That would be a bad idea.

I think coupled with the Squad Leader spawning, it's just too much. You can dominate any map if two Tacticians sprint to the enemy base at the start of a round and toss their spawns into early choke points. Then spam the enemy base with rockets, nade launchers, and hand grenades, until you've bottled them all up.

It happens in half the games I play right now, and it is boring no matter what side I'm on.

I just want to be able to kneel on a Tactician's smoke marker for 10 seconds to destroy it. if you can shoot me off of it in that time, all the power to you.

Thrakier

Kolgar said:
Unforunately, the save game cannot be copied.

It is absolutely RETARDED. I have two PS3s and access to a third, but if I want to play SP, I guess I'm locked down to the one in my living room now.

I don't know about MP. Do stats carry over to different consoles from the GG servers? I want to play from my girlfriend's house tonight. :/

Oh damn, that sucks. Can someone explain that please? Anyone tried that?

Damn. I thought Gaf was hardcore, banning classes/skills? Weak. Assault class players are not a problem at all, sure they're hard in search and retrieve, But a lot of you Gaf guys are already generals, what so hard about plating a C4 at the drop off location?

Weeeeak.

Zeliard

Byakuya769 said:
thanks, did you find it on kz.com? or somewhere else?

Yes, on kz.com, here.

2vww8qh.jpg

And I dunno how many people know this (I didn't since I never really browsed the site), but they have two large free pdf files filled with info and tips - one is for single-player, and the other features detailed strategies for every multiplayer map, mode and class. And even suggestions combining them, like how to play a certain map with a certain class.

DoomGyver

CrushDance said:
Damn. I thought Gaf was hardcore, banning classes/skills? Weak. Assault class players are not a problem at all, sure they're hard in search and retrieve, But a lot of you Gaf guys are already generals, what so hard about plating a C4 at the drop off location?

Weeeeak.
Assault class ruins this game by encouraging mindless chaos. No Thanks.

Varna

Goreomedy said:

It's funny how everyone is ignoring the question

I don't think anyone knows exactly what the tweaks are. They seem to fix the overswing problem people were having. Makes it easier to shoot moving targets to. It's not any kind of aim assist though.

Definity

Can someone please feed the Sony US monkey? I really would like for him to flip the switch and send the update out. I want to see what the control changes are all about.

mr_nothin

Banned
CrushDance said:

Weeeeak.
I dont think being "hardcore" means playing the game at the defaults. If it seems unbalanced then try to balance it out yourself.

The class itself isnt a problem, it's that class coupled with rockets.

Varna said:
It's funny how everyone is ignoring the question

I don't think anyone knows exactly what the tweaks are. They seem to fix the overswing problem people were having. Makes it easier to shoot moving targets to. It's not any kind of aim assist though.
Maybe they fixed that acceleration issue I keep talking about but nobody seems to know what it is i'm talking about. Still havent done the diagram for it yet lol
Hopefully they fixed it.

Im lazy right now.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I can now confirm the over swinging issue with the controls have been rectified. holy hell it feels so much better. think cod4 but heavier.

Full Recovery said:
Assault class ruins this game by encouraging mindless chaos. No Thanks.
No it doesn't. I've fought AC players before as a medic, basic soldier etc(I'm only Lieutenant) and they are not harder to kill or any of the other complaints. Only problem I have ever had with them is boosting to run away. But like I said, planting some C4 makes them really easy. The game is based on teamwork and not who has higher kills.

As for the mindless chaos comment, every game is like that. Should grenades be banned then as well? Grenade launchers? None of these things are that threatening. Never mind the fact that Assault spawns with only 3 rounds of ammo for the missile launcher.

I've played games when there was no assault class player and everyone was still getting naded like crazy. Even several pages back in this very thread people were talking about how some battles turn into people flinging grenades in one spot.

Assault is just as balanced as any other class.

Zeliard

Definity said:
Can someone please feed the Sony US monkey? I really would like for him to flip the switch and send the update out. I want to see what the control changes are all about.

Most of Europe ended up getting the patch around what, 3 or 4 PM? I wonder what's taking so long.

cameltoe

CrushDance said:
No it doesn't. I've fought AC players before as a medic, basic soldier etc(I'm only Lieutenant) and they are not harder to kill or any of the other complaints. Only problem I have ever had with them is boosting to run away. But like I said, planting some C4 makes them really easy. The game is based on teamwork and not who has higher kills.

As for the mindless chaos comment, every game is like that. Should grenades be banned then as well? Grenade launchers? None of these things are that threatening. Never mind the fact that Assault spawns with only 3 rounds of ammo for the missile launcher.

I've played games when there was no assault class player and everyone was still getting naded like crazy. Even several pages back in this very thread people were talking about how some battles turn into people flinging grenades in one spot.

THIS!

JB1981

I'm going to put up a server tonight with the following name/features/password at 8PM EST.

Name: BEAMBER GAF
Password: believe (all lower case)
Player count: 18
Map rotation: Academy, Blood Gracht, Helghan Industries, that Depot map and Salaman Market.
Auto-balancing: OFF (Sorry Rapping Granny). Let's try to keep the games balanced.
Disabled classes/perk: Assault + boost.
Disabled weapons: Rocket Launcher.

*will not be disabling shotgun, unless there is popular demand to do so.

- what do you guys think?

Goreomedy said:

Sorry. No way it was directed to you. I just quoted latest post. It was general question. Removed your name from quote.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Zeliard said:
And I dunno how many people know this (I didn't since I never really browsed the site), but they have two large free pdf files filled with info and tips - one is for single-player, and the other features detailed strategies for every multiplayer map, mode and class. And even suggestions combining them, like how to play a certain map with a certain class.

Where are the PDF's?

TEH-CJ said:
I can now confirm the over swinging issue with the controls have been rectified. holy hell it feels so much better. think cod4 but heavier.
WHAT THE FUCK? THEY FUCKING CHANGED THE AIMING WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK????

mr_nothin

Banned
TEH-CJ said:
:lol
Dont do that :(

More specific? The same KZ2, but with better precision aiming right?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Blu_LED said:
WHAT THE FUCK? THEY FUCKING CHANGED THE AIMING WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK????

... yes, yes they tightened the controls a little bit.

... ... can... can I get you a hot cocoa? ... maybe a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie?

DoomGyver

CrushDance said:

Pro tip: when you use boost, you can run right over C4 and pass it before it explodes, it doesn't even hurt you.

In my games, I've banned Assault class, grenade launchers and rocket launchers and the ability to boost.

You'd be surprised how much this effects the gameplay.

Assault class DOES get more health, nearly double that of the other classes.

Try to defend the class all you want, but it IS over powered. And it is by far the easiest class to use.

jsrv

Anyone have any tips for properly using the Tactician's flying robots to get the ribbon? I thought getting the engineer turret ribbon was pretty easy (Put them up high in a relatively high traffic area for head shots), but with the tactician's robots it is a lot harder.

Kaijima said:
... yes, yes they tightened the controls a little bit.

... ... can... can I get you a hot cocoa? ... maybe a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie?
I FUCKING RAN OUT OF COCOA MIX AND I ONLY HAVE FUCKING CHIPS AHOY WHICH ARE SO DRY IF I ATE ANY I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SCREAM THIS LOUD!!!!

Zeliard

Varna said:
Still no US patch. What the hell.

Seriously. I want to play but it'll feel weird playing while knowing there's a patch out there that tweaks the controls (and fixes the shotgun exploit).

Guess I'll go back to the campaign for now.

Varna

Zedsdeadbaby said:
Does anyone know if the control input tweaks apply to both single and multiplayer?

Yes.

Zeliard said:
Seriously. I want to play but it'll feel weird playing while knowing there's a patch out there that tweaks the controls (and fixes the shotgun exploit).

Guess I'll go back to the campaign for now.

Same here. My buddies are playing right now... I want to...

J-Rzez

I agree about that assault class. Their extra hp plus boost + run is hell with the propaganda mode.

I'm nervous about the control/input tweaks. I hope they don't ruin the unique feel of the game :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Full Recovery said:
Pro tip: when you use boost, you can run right over C4 and pass it before it explodes, it doesn't even hurt you.

That's not true tho. I tested this with a friend a couple of days ago. C4 do hurt a boosting assault, but you need 3 to bring it down compared to 2 for the standard solider.

Btw, anyone tried to place 2 C4s on an unsuspecting camper? Soo nice :D

TEH-CJ

Banned
mr_nothin said:
:lol
Dont do that :(

More specific? The same KZ2, but with better precision aiming right?

Spot on dude!

OMFG! the controls! they feel amazing!. overswinging is a thing of the past!. I just finished a match and i was precise with every single kill! i was in control the whole time. It feels as if the dead zone has been tweaked and firing from the iron sites is a shit tone more accurate and precise. AMAZING!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Dante said:
No Offense, but you guys are having these clan match-ups at the WORST possible times :/

Considering that you've got people living up to 12 hours apart from each other, there's no such thing as a good time for them.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
So there are classes which I shouldn't use because I could get be banned from playing with other GAF members? I'm confused. I really am. Heck, I still don't know how to switch classes, now I also have to pay attention not to choose the wrong one?

Top Bottom