• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

{Mike}

Banned
I don't have a cable wire...and wtf, why should I change the way my Internet connects just because a shitty netcode has been programmed. It just sucks and ruined most of my games so far, can't fucking level up.

I think a quick way to cut down on rocket spamming when would be to add 5 seconds to your next respawn delay for each TK, and 10 seconds for a suicide. So a comrade accidentally caught in the splash damage wouldn't be too big a penalty, but just firing into a group, or running into a crowd and rocketing your feet would put you out of the game for a while. At least longer than the enemies you killed, making it a pointless gesture.

cameltoe

it DL'd for me.....gonna play and report back

Im in Chicago!!! Elmhurst actually

7ef4eb50.jpg

A.R.K

{Mike} said:
I don't have a cable wire...and wtf, why should I change the way my Internet connects just because a shitty netcode has been programmed. It just sucks and ruined most of my games so far, can't fucking level up.

Stop it already. I have played plenty of MP games online and NEVER got disconnected. You must have a shitty connection or they might be doing some update or something at the time you were playing.

Zeliard

{Mike} said:

You aren't the only one. It's been happening to several people, with different brands of routers. Guerilla knows there's a problem since they mentioned looking at all the network errors as one of their future fixes in that big list.

They have to try and localize the errors, and then test the possible fixes, so it takes time. I'm going through it too. Gonna try putting the PS3 on a DMZ and see if that helps.

A.R.K said:
Stop it already. I have played plenty of MP games online and NEVER got disconnected. You must have a shitty connection or they might be doing some update or something at the time you were playing.

Untrue.

Edit: The patch should be up in the US now. I'm downloading it.

alterno69

Banned
FUCK, a new patch and i have to wake up like at 7 am tomorrow for my sons school festival at 8:30 nooooooo. I'll just play a couple of gmes tonight, just a couple.

Sorry if asked and answered before

But im playing now, my score is not going up from zero...im not able to repair anything, and in character select the models of each class there seems to be 2 models over lapping

ascully

This thread is killing me I preordered the game from Amazon about 8 months ago and it only shipped yesterday. Amazon are really losing it recently.

Varna

ascully said:
This thread is killing me I preordered the game from Amazon about 8 months ago and it only shipped yesterday. Amazon are really losing it recently.

I never pre-order shit from there if I intend on having it on time.

Patch is installed. Yeah!

EDIT: Quick testing in SP. Aiming feels more precise now. All right!

Here's a question: When a patch goes up, is everyone currently playing kicked and told to update or can they remain playing as long as they don't log out? I ask because I DO NOT want to play against shotty whores anymore. It was such a fucking joke the last time I played. Seriously.. one shot from a decent range is all it takes for a kill? WHAT? So fucking cheap and requires NO SKILL.

Zeliard

Turning 180 in single-player is like 5x faster now.

Also feels like it's lost some of the feeling of momentum, but not a great amount. I can dig it.

cameltoe

controls are better thats for sure...!! And I liked them before. Its tighter and a touch faster but not much (i play with the sensi all the way up) Deadzone is smaller but not a whole lot. The accleration is perfect now!!! It still does have that sense of weight so no worries...

Ploid 3.0

I should check the clan messages/schedule more often. I would only look for clan people online before. I could have been there, but I was away from the ps3.

.GqueB.

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
Anyone wanting to play now, hop on 'BEAMBER GAF'. Password is the usual.

Add TwinTurboJosh if you want to Friend join
Zeh hell is the password? I tried the two "usuals" and neither worked.

theBishop

Banned
I think I made a mistake playing this game on hard to start. I'm on chapter 7 i think (just after the
train
). Seems like every 3rd firefight is a brutal slog where I die 5+ times. I'm certainly enjoying it, but I have a hard time playing for more than 90 minutes per session.

Definity

Finished up a game with the new patch.

Dead zone is a little tighter now and you don't have as much weight when turning. Honestly, if you were not looking for the change you would probably not even notice it. Seems to be a good compromise IMO.

Prezhulio

Zeliard said:
Turning 180 in single-player is like 5x faster now.

Also feels like it's lost some of the feeling of momentum, but not a great amount. I can dig it.

so they turned it into cod pace?

edit:
Definity said:
Finished up a game with the new patch.

Dead zone is a little tighter now and you don't have as much weight when turning. Honestly, if you were not looking for the change you would probably not even notice it. Seems to be a good compromise IMO.

great to hear

Haunted

I'll be honest with you guys - I don't notice any difference with the controls/aiming in SP after patching. And I played several hours pre-patch today.

I've got the sensitivity jacked up high anyway though, so maybe that's got something to do with it. I'm with Tempy's placebo on that one. :p

Zeliard said:
I think jett is upset at the rocket-launching guys.
I don't blame him. Game's missing a checkpoint there.

And crouch toggle.

Zeliard

Prezhulio said:
so they turned it into cod pace?

Naw, it's fine. Well, I haven't tried MP or skirmish yet, but the single-player still feels like Killzone 2. I agree that this is a good compromise.

Haunted said:
I'll be honest with you guys - I don't notice any difference with the controls/aiming in SP after patching. And I played several hours pre-patch today.

I've got the sensitivity jacked up high anyway though, so maybe that's got something to do with it. I'm with Tempy's placebo on that one. :p

It's definitely not a placebo. :p

Turning on a dime feels faster to me, particularly if you hold the analog stick all the way. It feels like they sped up the acceleration. I'm someone who loved the original controls and the difference is noticeable, but I still like it.

I use default sensitivities, if that does indeed have some impact.

Haunted

Finishing the last encounter in one go without dying is turning out to be a bit of a bitch.

Zeliard said:
It's definitely not a placebo. :p

Turning on a dime feels faster to me, particularly if you hold the analog stick all the way. It feels like they sped up the acceleration. I'm someone who loved the original controls and the difference is noticeable, but I still like it.

I use default sensitivities, if that does indeed have some impact.
Maybe I'm just insensitive to these things. :lol

But if it helps people, then awesome. Guerrilla did a good job listening to the fans.

J-Rzez

I'm scared for the game with that patch, but I guess i'll have to give it a whirl. And am I the only one who hasn't been disconnected much? As in I've been dc'd once that I can remember, and I'm max rank.

alterno69

Banned
J-Rzez said:
I'm scared for the game with that patch, but I guess i'll have to give it a whirl. And am I the only one who hasn't been disconnected much? As in I've been dc'd once that I can remember, and I'm max rank.

After 9+ hours i've had 1 dissconect, 0 freezes.

Jack Scofield said:
Finally got to the General rank. One question: how do I get the red and purple banners behind my rank? Just keep playing?
Those are the valor citations. You have to be in the top 10%, 6%, 3%, or 1% of online players for that week's games to earn them (and a trophy).

Top Bottom