• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

jsrv

J-Rzez said:
I'm scared for the game with that patch, but I guess i'll have to give it a whirl. And am I the only one who hasn't been disconnected much? As in I've been dc'd once that I can remember, and I'm max rank.

I read from the EU forums that you won't notice much if you play on default controls... But if you increase sensitivity the difference is more apparent (Compared to when the patch wasn't added yet I mean)

womfalcs3

Banned
Playing through the story right now. I was hoping to see more cutscenes, but I'm still a couple of hours into it. There could be more toward the end with Visari. The firefights are very intense. I love shooting off their helmets.

Haunted

*ahem* Just got the Untouchable trophy.

One more and I've got all the SP ones. Then it's either shelving the game or play some MP.

jsrv said:
I read from the EU forums that you won't notice much if you play on default controls... But if you increase sensitivity the difference is more apparent (Compared to when the patch wasn't added yet I mean)
:lol

Uh oh, feels very CODish imho. I think haters have been owned but I loved the way it controlled before, it was one of a kind so the defenders got owned too :p . Maybe these controls are better in the long run but I think the old controls gave veterans a bigger gap in skill compare to noobs. Its not MASSIVE but noticeable enough to have split opinions on which is better.

Brannon

Well since they move more like real people now and not like retarded molasses, I have no complaints in that particular department.

Pojo

Banned

I really wish GG wouldn't have changed a damn thing and just gave us a placebo update for shits and giggles. The reaction here is already hilarious.

cameltoe

Lion Heart said:
Uh oh, feels very CODish imho. I think haters have been owned but I loved the way it controlled before, it was one of a kind so the defenders got owned too :p . Maybe these controls are better in the long run but I think the old controls gave veterans a bigger gap in skill compare to noobs. Its not MASSIVE but noticeable enough to have split opinions on which is better.

it is nothing like COD 4 so cut the shit

TTP said:
How do you heal yourself? (Only played a little bit of MP so far. Got alot of other games at the same time and have'nt played much due to the problems. )

Yay Killzone.com is up! Now I can download the stuff I unlocked through Campaign and sync my new KZ Liberation account (Which I got from the PSN Store yesterday)

Guess I'll be heading online in KZ2 later tonight. :D

Brannon

You think it's funny here, check out GameFAQs. They're already stating that 'it's a placebo' and 'they only altered the sensitivity in the options'.

Crazy how far some people will go to not admit how wrong they were.

TheFatOne

Brannon said:
You think it's funny here, check out GameFAQs. They're already stating that 'it's a placebo' and 'they only altered the sensitivity in the options'.

Crazy how far some people will go to not admit how wrong they were.

I really don't see a difference with the controls.

I like the patch. The controls feel a bit more responsive, but it doesn't really change how the "weight".

I still think the shotgun is still overpowered.
Playing 6v6 and having the whole other team use shotguns is still a big bitch, or it might've been that everyone else on my team really sucked.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Are anyone's kz.com stats wrong? It says I use the shotgun 78% of the time, which is laughably wrong. I'm more of an ISA rifle type of player and think I've used the shotgun maybe 20 times total.

DuckRacer

alr1ghtstart said:
Are anyone's kz.com stats wrong? It says I use the shotgun 78% of the time, which is laughably wrong. I'm more of an ISA rifle type of player and think I've used the shotgun maybe 20 times total.
That's for accuracy, duder.

How do I check killzone.com for the intel stuff from my PS3? It seems to load like shit and it only gives me news, faq, and forum for links. Where's my stats, unlocks, and all that other BS?

Yep, the controls are definitely more responsive or "easier" how ever you want to call it, I also dont detect much auto aim which is good. It feels less weighty though. That was definitely the reason for the latency cause it really did give me a heavy feeling not present in other games, although its still more than other games. I almost feel like im cheating now lol .

Also I think the gamma is different somehow. Its darker on my tv now. Dark areas use to have that LCD effect (Im using crt) now its darker. Im using RGB full, maybe the game was running limited before.

Haunted said:
*ahem* Just got the Untouchable trophy.

One more and I've got all the SP ones. Then it's either shelving the game or play some MP.

I am nearing completion of the SP Trophies too. The MP Trophies scare me.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
MoonsaultSlayer said:
How do I check killzone.com for the intel stuff from my PS3? It seems to load like shit and it only gives me news, faq, and forum for links. Where's my stats, unlocks, and all that other BS?

you have to go to the "my killzone" tab and sign in.

beat

icechai

omg the lock on with assault rifle is COD level now, wtf, lame. I just got 98 in the gaf game top of team, ridiculously easy to kill

Man....so close to getting the untouchable trophy. Have 1 lifed all the levels but am stuck at the very last level.
I've gotten to Radec twice, and he always just rushes me down with the knife. So frustrating. I guess it's not a good idea to try to melee him even if he gets really close? Just fire and pray that gets him to disappear? I'm playing on the easiest difficulty and this fight is still really hard...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Nice, thank you. But where would I find this on the actual site?
After logging in, you'd have to go to My Killzone -> Click the Campaign tab under Statistics -> Click the View All Campaign Statistics and Unlockables

raYne

MikeE21286 said:
i haven't noticed a difference post patch.....placebo effect for some?
Nope, it's there. Only tried it in SP, but there's much less deadzone and the acceleration in the lower analog levels is higher, leading to the controls being faster and more responsive.

Any, "it's CoD levels!", posts are dead wrong though and it still has weight to it.

Mik2121

Ugh, if the other team doesn't show up.. we still have to play through the whole match? Wtf.. it's so damn boring. We are just two in the game, playing around and waiting for this to end :(

Enojado

raYne said:
Nope, it's there. Only tried it in SP, but there's much less deadzone and the acceleration in the lower analog levels is higher, leading to the controls being faster and more responsive.

Any, "it's CoD levels!", posts are dead wrong though and it still has weight to it.

Agree 100%. I like the change. Subtle but noticeable to me in SP. Still have the feeling of weight but now I don't feel I'm at as big a disadvantage during CQC.

good games guys

edit: the changes seem subtle enough...seems like there's a bit more aim assist, and turning/aiming seems to have gotten better.

alba

Little is the new Big
adversesolutions said:
Man....so close to getting the untouchable trophy. Have 1 lifed all the levels but am stuck at the very last level.
I've gotten to Radec twice, and he always just rushes me down with the knife. So frustrating. I guess it's not a good idea to try to melee him even if he gets really close? Just fire and pray that gets him to disappear? I'm playing on the easiest difficulty and this fight is still really hard...

what?
dude I got him on the first try on elite so it can't be that bad on easy, lol :p Just keep moving and he won't be able to knife you when you hear his "dissapearing" sound he makes like a few and then run at you, when you hear the last one just run yourself and then turn and shoot him, repeat.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How is this game hosted? When you make a game, does a dedicated server somewhere host it, or do you host it from your PS3 and others connect?

I noticed some pretty long death-lag in the last few games. Such as, I'd kill a guy, and he wouldn't die on my screen for a full second. Like, I'd shoot my shotgun into him, not shoot again, then a second later I get the dead "ping" noise and he dies.

I'm on a superfast comcast connection in San Francisco too... never get any netlag.

J-Rzez

jsrv said:

Hmm, I did amp up the settings a bit originally. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom