• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

icechai

lunlunqq said:
shit shit shit!!! how could we lose the last round like that!!!! i run out of ammo at the worst time...

anyways, good games.

good games lunlunqq, you're getting pretty good with the sniper :)

Aladuf

Banned
Does it seem easier to snipe for anyone else since the patch? I've never been bad at sniping but I've never been too amazing either, but I was popping heads left and right tonight. I felt like a hell of a good sniper tonight.

Also, sorry that I was supposedly lagging around in that last match, I'm glad someone let me know. I don't want to be some impossible laggy target for the other team to hit so I bailed out of the match. It's never been like that for me before that I know of, so hopefully it was just a random connection problem I was having tonight.

TheFatOne

Aladuf said:
Does it seem easier to snipe for anyone else since the patch? I've never been bad at sniping but I've never been too amazing either, but I was popping heads left and right tonight. I felt like a hell of a good sniper tonight.

Also, sorry that I was supposedly lagging around in that last match, I'm glad someone let me know. I don't want to be some impossible laggy target for the other team to hit so I bailed out of the match. It's never been like that for me before that I know of, so hopefully it was just a random connection problem I was having tonight.

I didn't know you were lagging till someone said it. I tried to kill you and you escaped really fast and I thought boy was that guy good :lol

Aladuf

Banned
TheFatOne said:
I didn't know you were lagging till someone said it. I tried to kill you and you escaped really fast and I thought boy was that guy good :lol
Who knows, maybe I actually wasn't lagging and maybe I AM that good!
I'm not that good

I am too tired to write my full impressions tonight. Suffice it to say after just finishing the campaign I can say, without bias or fanboyism, Killzone 2 is one of the greatest games this generation has produced.

cryptic

TheChillyAcademic said:
I am too tired to write my full impressions tonight. Suffice it to say after just finishing the campaign I can say, without bias or fanboyism, Killzone 2 is one of the greatest games this generation has produced.

Why do you keep writing you're not done with your impressions and that last bit?

TheFatOne

Aladuf said:
Who knows, maybe I actually wasn't lagging and maybe I AM that good!
I'm not that good

No you are pretty good man. You kept sniping me when I was going up the same set of stairs. I think you got me three or four times before I finally learned to take a different route :lol

Aladuf

Banned
TheFatOne said:
No you are pretty good man. You kept sniping me when I was going up the same set of stairs. I think you got me three or four times before I finally learned to take a different route :lol
:lol

Just like I said before, I felt like some sort of sniping god tonight. Headshots were popping everywhere I was shooting. Also, what's your PSN ID?, because I know you're always in the matches but I haven't connected your PSN ID and GAF username yet.

The boss fight on the top of the tower against that flying thing is one of the worst FPS sections I've ever played in my life.

I can't see anything when the screen fogs up because of it's missiles. Not to mention there is zero place to take cover.

WTF were they thinking...?

methane47

Good games tonite although in one of those matches It seemed like Full R.. had a permanent lock on my position... He was consistantly sniping me from across the map almost anywhere I went.. and when I happened to be in a corner he would come up from behind and give me the mag to the back of the head!

but all in all.. fun matches....

Everytime I play with GAF i have to like adjust my playstyle since like EVERYone on the other team is playing sab 24/7

Aladuf

Banned
NameGenerated said:
There's a tunnel, makes the fight super easy. Just chill in there.
Bingo, that tunnel made that section pretty easy. I got that trophy for beating it in under 1 min. 30 seconds without even knowing about it.

dfyb

Banned
methane47 said:
Good games tonite although in one of those matches It seemed like Full R.. had a permanent lock on my position... He was consistantly sniping me from across the map almost anywhere I went.. and when I happened to be in a corner he would come up from behind and give me the mag to the back of the head!
he sniped me once on radec academy. after that i always made sure to check up on him every now and then. and by check up on him, i mean sneak up and put several bullets in his back.:D

Aladuf

Banned
dfyb said:
he sniped me once on radec academy. after that i always made sure to check up on him every now and then. and by check up on him, i mean sneak up and put several bullets in his back.
I saw him sniping on there too at one point and I ran up behind him and beat the shit out of him melee-style and bailed out quick. I do give Recovery props though, he held up damn good for someone sniping on Radec Academy. That's definitely not a map where you see people sniping often at all.

Fuck.

Just found the tunnel.

Wow that makes it completely different.

Don't know if that's my fault for not finding it or the game's for making it so out of the way...

dfyb

Banned
Aladuf said:
I saw him sniping on there too at one point and I ran up behind him and beat the shit out of him melee-style and bailed out quick. I do give Recovery props though, he held up damn good for someone sniping on Radec Academy. That's definitely not a map where you see people sniping often at all.
after a couple times he started laying C4 down to try and stop me. took a few different attempts before he got me (after i killed him again, i walked right into one of his C4 lol)

DoomGyver

dfyb said:
after a couple times he started laying C4 down to try and stop me. took a few different attempts before he got me (after i killed him again, i walked right into one of his C4 lol)
I got Beamber with C4 like 5 times during radec academy :lol

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Most of the time, I'm breaking even on my kill:Death ratio, but every once in a while, it's like everything slows down and I decapitate everyone in the near vicinity with a shotgun shell, and seem to dodge/ninja everything thrown my way. Best example of this was me chasing down a dude carrying a propaganda piece, him and his 4 guards. Anyhoo, three of them decide to turn around and take me and my fellow team mates down - all my teammates die, I avoid death and somehow... knew where all the shots/grenades were going to land - pushed forward killed EVERYONE and then promptly died when I picked up the propaganda piece because I didn't realize the last guy I killed was holding onto a grenade.

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:
I got Beamber with C4 like 5 times during radec academy :lol
Dude, you don't even know. You got him a bit fired up there with the kills you were getting on him on Radec Academy. :lol

Ugh... I played a multiplayer round and ranked up. I was ready to quit, so I picked quit and went back to the main menu.. and realized my rank up was not saved.. :/ Not cool.

Aladuf

Banned
Uncle Dukey said:
Ugh... I played a multiplayer round and ranked up. I was ready to quit, so I picked quit and went back to the main menu.. and realized my rank up was not saved.. :/ Not cool.
Did you quit at the end of the match once it was all over? The latest stats take a little while to show up for the last match you've played once you quit out, but they're still counted.

DoomGyver

Aladuf said:
Dude, you don't even know. You got him a bit fired up there with the kills you were getting on him on Radec Academy. :lol
The best part was when I heard him say "I bet Full Recovery is going to snipe me while I run out in the open." Then I see Beamber run across the center of Radec Academy and I put him down.
beamber said:
What did I just say!

good times.

TheChillyAcademic said:

I know the feeling.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Is my friend retarded ?

him: Finished killzone 2 and doesnt come close to cod4 in terms of epic battles. there were no epic battles in Killzone 2 only small skirmishes

Its all subjective at the end of the day but damn he deserves a punch in the head sometimes for his stupidity.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Ugggh, I wanna use the Killzone2 website for the first time, but its slow as all hell, and really just not loading for me =/. Anyone else having this problem?

careksims

I was thinking about the games played earlier. It really captures the feel of a war torn area. I'm following my squad leader and he's making sure the close is clear and move from room to room. The atmosphere is awesome. Already this is my FPS of the year. I cannot praise this game enough.

TEH-CJ said:
Is my friend retarded ?

him: Finished killzone 2 and doesnt come close to cod4 in terms of epic battles. there were no epic battles in Killzone 2 only small skirmishes

Its all subjective at the end of the day but damn he deserves a punch in the head sometimes for his stupidity.

what difficulty did he play it on? i always felt i really had to fight hard and push forward inch by inch. the final level is pretty epic.. and can only be compared with the final level in CoD Waw, not CoD4...

Puck

Banned
mrwilt said:
Fun games guys. Didn't notice much difference in the controls after the patch.
I did. It is a lot more smoother, i'm playing on max -1 sensitivity with a shotgun.
Don't know how to get back to battle replay, but i had a round today where i was 40 odd kills, 50 odd bonus points and around 5 deaths.
People just don't know how to play after the patch, i'm getting so many kills with a saboteur by picking up a shotgun and just ambushing people in between hiding.

Aladuf said:
Did you quit at the end of the match once it was all over? The latest stats take a little while to show up for the last match you've played once you quit out, but they're still counted.

Yeah, I quit after the match was over and it fills up the bar showing you how much you have left for the next rank up. Hopefully it's just delayed then..

Aladuf

Banned
Uncle Dukey said:
Yeah, I quit after the match was over and it fills up the bar showing you how much you have left for the next rank up. Hopefully it's just delayed then..
Yeah, you're fine then. I always worried when I quit out after the end of a match up until I found out the other day that it's just a delay in the counter.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
c9cbc4c603e1.jpg

Do it.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
MirageDwarf said:
No game with infinite respawn in SP deserves any kind of greatest game title.

How many games these days DON'T have infinite respawns? Seriously.

Ok, got untouchable. Thanks for the advice. I wound up just sparring it out in the middle of the room with a semi, waltzing with Bashir style.

So glad that's over with.

Not sure I'll ever be able to get the elite run trophy. Damn...

Man, last night I went with some friends to see the new Street Fighter movie (I know), and when I came out of the elevator there was a couple up on a balcony above me laughing and chatting amicably. First thing through my mind "snipers".

I need to go outside.

Love the new tweaks they made to the controls, it feels much more solid now, and love what they did to the shotgun.

Thank you GG.

now about the Tactician spawn points.

Top Bottom