• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Zeliard

Lion Heart said:
Can someone please tell me how to get the gamma exactly like prepatch? My CRT is crushing blacks but if I set it to limited it looks washed out.

I don't know what they did exactly, but the game is darker post-patch. I had gone into my gamma settings pre-patch yesterday to check something, and when I looked at it again post-patch, the logo was noticeably darker despite being at the same gamma level.

No biggie to me, though, the game still looks fantastic and I don't know if I would've even noticed if I hadn't gone into the settings pre-patch.

Pojo said:
Honestly? I would have that green dot a hair away from a head and it wouldn't register. At all. I noticed no aim assist whatsoever.

Shooting from the hip was different...I wouldn't call it aim assist, just really good spread.

I'm pretty sure it was there, just subtle. Basically, your crosshair would simply start to slow down when it was over an enemy, it wouldn't really ever snap-on or anything like that.

dazed808 said:
Considering most MP parts of games are a complete clusterfuck for at least a week from launch, what GG has pulled off is nothing short of amazing.
I'm sorry your having problems but thousands of others are not and that really is a great feat of achievement , so cut the devs some slack.

Yea I expected massive overload and constant problems with all the hype leading into this game. Online has been extremely smooth with very limited issues.

Only thing that has really been overloaded is Killzone.com

teepo

mintylurb said:
Oh, really. That's why your previous post was posted in such a coyish manner. And there's WMD in Iraq.. rollseyes.

Anyway, I guess it's time for me to try some MP games with the patch. I'm going to git you creamy, tarduz, teeps, euros, etc!!

_/-\o

DeeVoc

Neo Member
Christ do they need to implement party play. Trying to join up with a couple friends is such a fucking ordeal. I really love how even when you join a clanmate they don't bother telling you what side he's playing on . . . .

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
suggestions

The spawn grenades need to be tweaked in a major way. If someone is spawning invincible, they should not be able to shoot and kill anyone until they are out of the invincibility state. The grenades should also be removable by the opposite team, something like disarming a bomb. I've seen tacticians just drop a spawn nade right on an objective and invincible people run through and kill just long enough to always win one time too many.

Friendly fire should always be on, and a system similar to Halo's for teamkilling implemented. If a guy kills his team mate the victim is asked if he wants to forgive or boot him. If the guy receives enough boot votes he's gone. That combined with a slightly steeper penalty for team killing would go a looooong way for removing what is IMO the biggest problem with the game in the CONSTANT grenade/rocket/explosive spamming and recklessness in general. I can see the difference clear as day in FF servers. Search and Destroy objectives that would usually never be without at least one grenade inthe area had barely any go in.

This is probably the most unrealistic request (maybe? shit I don't know) but it would be nice for Guerilla/Sony to put up some servers of their own. Ones that spit the maps up and keeps the larger maps as 32 player games and teh smaller ones at probably half that, maybe 20 players. Radec Academy with 32 players is kind of stupid, really. With 16 players it's really, really nice, same with Tharsis Depot.

Ploid 3.0

Man, I'm no sniper. Working on my last 10 kills with the sniper rifle for the zoom. Stayed up all night and got done with snipers secondary badge in the process (scan is so much better to do than the turrets).

I was kinda shocked to see the air support turrets put some pressure on me and sometimes even killing me when I was too stubborn to move. I guess they can get mad sometimes.

Kolgar

If anyone's wondering, you can log in and play MP without having to copy a game save (which doesn't work with KZ anyway). The server downloads your stats and lets you play from any console you log into with using your profile.

-viper-

Banned
Dave1988 said:
zujvki.jpg

:D
Nice. You're going to help me get all the ribbons, right? D;

Thrakier

Kolgar said:
If anyone's wondering, you can log in and play MP without having to copy a game save (which doesn't work with KZ anyway). The server downloads your stats and lets you play from any console you log into with using your profile.

And what's with the MP-trophys?

Melfice7

-PXG- said:
Sucks that Engineers can only carry shotties.

Step 1: Fix ammo boxes

Step 2: Shoot someone in the face with your shotgun

Step 3: Steal their gun

Step 4: Use the ammo boxes to keep that gun as long you're alive

jett

D-Member
Fuck
Radec
was one tough son of a bitch. GG could've made a battle with a
cloaking/teleporting
dude way cooler than that...that was just annoying.

Also, Rico is one stupid fuck, throughout the game he made nothing but wrong decisions duirng cut-scenees. :p

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
jett said:
Fuck
Radec
cloaking/teleporting

Also, Rico is one stupid fuck, throughout the game he made nothing but wrong decisions duirng cut-scenees. :p

Haven't finished the game yet, but yeah Rico is a twat.

jett

D-Member
In KZ1 he was also kinda dumb, but at least he was a grunt who knew his place. Also, where was the funny in this game? Lots of funny moments in the original game... overall I'm kinda disappointed with the storyline and the way it's presented.

Raist

Banned
jett said:
Fuck
Radec
cloaking/teleporting

I thought it was incredibly easy. Beat him on first try on veteran.

Tip:
He always teleports right at the opposite side from where you're facing

Q-bert

Banned
{Mike} said:
Ok I had network code -20204940 or something, I'm returning this game if the network can't get any better. I get disconnects 50% of the time, only game to do so too. Fucking monkeys at Guerilla.

It's probably the monkey who setup the network in your house, or the monkey running your ISP.

To figure out which, plug your PS3 via Ethernet cable directly into your cable/DSL modem and do the appropriate setup to get it on the internet that way (pppoe vs. dhcp etc.)

If everything works fine, you know it's your problem.

If it doesnt work fine, it's your ISP's problem. Which is probably also your problem because complaining to them about it won't get you jack shit.

Zen

Banned
Arg at these new changes to the controls. It feels like they're much more twitch now. Between this and everything else (but mostly everythign else) I'm just going to stop playing this game and wait for Guerilla to include some remade maps from Killzone 1, there are too many balance problems with the multiplayer, currently. I kind of have to shake my head at people who were talking about how flawless this game was during Beta, although some things were differen't like no invinsibility on dynamic spawns etc.

NameIess

Cellbomber said:
Yea I expected massive overload and constant problems with all the hype leading into this game. Online has been extremely smooth with very limited issues.

Only thing that has really been overloaded is Killzone.com

I would agree...
I'm shocked things have gone so smoothly from an online perspective the game is rock solid.
The Killzone.com stuff is not that important, but it would be cool if they get it fixed.

I would like to see them do something really interactive with Home instead of putting so much effort into integrating the website. I do have to admit it's cool you can manage your clan and actually send and accept invites from the site.

I have still not participated in a clan war yet, but looking forward to the experience.

{Mike}

Banned
Had my best game by far

114 points

But my faction (Helghast) lost at the last minute 4-3 on bodybag. Closest game I've ever played, I swear the counter were equal for most time.

mr_nothin

Banned
Zen said:
Arg at these new changes to the controls. It feels like they're much more twitch now. Between this and everything else (but mostly everythign else) I'm just going to stop playing this game and wait for Guerilla to include some remade maps from Killzone 1, there are too many balance problems with the multiplayer, currently. I kind of have to shake my head at people who were talking about how flawless this game was during Beta, although some things were differen't like no invinsibility on dynamic spawns etc.
Nobody said it was flawless. There were plenty of faults brought up with the game.
Now what people did say was that this was the best online game they've played in a while.

Big-E

SSM25 said:
any radec strategies??

Run around with the sniper rifle. When he engages in melee mode, keep running and turn around quickly and shoot him with the pistol. When he reverts to shooting mode, shoot him in the head with the rifle. Rinse and repeat after that.

I think I need to take a break. I'm just tired of the complete chaos that the game has become. I try to stay in matches with 20 or fewer players and the matches still devolve into shit. The only winners are the guys that just back away from the action and pluck people to pad their kill to death ratio. There is one tactic for search and destroy apparently and it's throw a spawn point on the objective, cross your fingers and hope when the dust settles, that your team won. Maybe GAF games stay a bit more tactical but games with random people have really lost their fun.

jett

D-Member
Just installed the 1.20 patch...wow they've *seriously* toned down the amount of recoil in single player, you no longer need to shoot in shot bursts with the ISA rifle. :p That's kind of a shame.

WinFonda

jett said:
Just installed the 1.20 patch...wow they've *seriously* toned down the amount of recoil in single player, you no longer need to shoot in shot bursts with the ISA rifle. :p That's kind of a shame.
Recoil seemed toned down when using iron sights, and increased when firing from the hip.

Ahh finally got into some games and unlocked Medic.

So, for different classes like Medic, is there anything different then your standard guy? is he slower, faster, can take more bullets, etc then the normal solider? Or is he just the normal solider with a medic gun?

jett

D-Member
WinFonda said:
Recoil seemed toned down when using iron sights, and increased when firing from the hip.

You also feel a lot less heavy than you did before...that's really too bad that they caved in to the complaints a few.

Big-E

Haven't played with the patch yet, but I don't like how they seemed to have caved in to demands that didn't really need changing.

Blu_LED said:

So, for different classes like Medic, is there anything different then your standard guy? is he slower, faster, can take more bullets, etc then the normal solider? Or is he just the normal solider with a medic gun?

You're just limited in your weapon selection. And obviously, you're more vulnerable when you're tending to the wounded instead of focused on fighting.

Blu_LED said:

He takes normal damage and moves at normal speed. He can only start with the 2 assault rifles. Once you heal 5 people in 8 seperate games you unlock health packs that you throw, which restores the health of whoever picks it up.

jett

D-Member
A couple patches more than this is gonna start feeling like Resistance. :p They might as well start asking for advice to Insomniac for Killzone 3.

No_Style

jett said:
You also feel a lot less heavy than you did before...that's really too bad that they caved in to the complaints a few.

Ha. My copy of the game hasn't even arrived yet and they've already changed the game this drastically?

I don't know if I'm for or against it.

So I didn't know there was a toggle to hold crouch option and like a sucker I've been holding L2 to crouch the whole time. Wow does it make a world of difference.

jett

D-Member
Pai Pai Master said:
It's Jett.

What I'm saying is the complete and entire truth. Play the KZ2 demo and compare, or delete your game data. :p

Even worse is MP which feels massively different from the MP beta.

jett said:
What I'm saying is the complete and entire truth. Play the KZ2 demo and compare, or delete your game data. :p

Even worse is MP which feels massively different from the MP beta.

I think it's a complete and entire matter of opinion. Just like people were split all over the place on how the game originally felt, everyone's gonna feel differently about the post-patch controls. Personally, I think the difference is noticeable and does feel a little different, though I had no problems with it before. Game still feels great.

JB1981

Pai Pai Master said:
I think it's a complete and entire matter of opinion. Just like people were split all over the place on how the game originally felt, everyone's gonna feel differently about the post-patch controls. Personally, I think the difference is noticeable and does feel a little different, though I had no problems with it before. Game still feels great.
I think the game feels different too, but I like how it feels so I don't really give a fuck.

jett said:
A couple patches more than this is gonna start feeling like Resistance. :p They might as well start asking for advice to Insomniac for Killzone 3.

Resistance 2's gunplay does not feel have as satisfying as killzone 2's. All that's really absolutely needed right now is the option to map our own buttons and a party system.

Top Bottom