• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

fistfulofmetal said:
Also the game is shockingly short. My total playtime was 5 hours 35 minutes.

This is a terrible argument and I hate when people ask me this but did you play it on normal?

This gen I have noticed I play every console game on the highest difficult simply because it makes the game take longer and I feel I get my money worth. My total time was 11 hours on Veteran and it felt perfectly wrapped up for me. Course a lot of people that play on veteran end up ending their lives in a dark alley so its definitely a trade off.

Game time / or your life

jet said:
Yeah you're right, honestly nothing out there looks like KZ2, and I'm not talking techincally. I'm actually replaying the campaign in hard now and I think I like it more! I hope they don't take too long to bring KZ3. :p

Me too man me too.
I give them serious credit for pulling that ending off though if you have to go cliffhanger go that route as opposed to say something like Halo 2
where I was so put off I didn't play the third game till 2 months ago.

Big-E said:
Great game tonight. I fucking love the revolver so much now. Best multiplayer handgun ever.

The hold this game has on my personal time and my mind is fricken scary. Any of you guys spend every moment of thought on possible strategies and or excellent kills you had? Its all I do alllll damn day.

jett

D-Member
BruceLeeRoy said:
Me too man me too.
I give them serious credit for pulling that ending off though if you have to go cliffhanger go that route as opposed to say something like Halo 2
where I was so put off I didn't play the third game till 2 months ago.

I really didn't think they'd actually
get to to Visari in KZ2, much less kill him, he's easily the best character in the series. Ugh goddamn you Rico, you dumb motherfucker. Now who's gonna give badass speeches in KZ3? :p
. I thought the ending was fine personally, I mean there was no way this was gonna end on a simple victory(mission accomplished! /bush lulz). Vektans didn't come to Helghan to obliterate it and everyone on it, but to "liberate it" Iraq-style. War rages on, it's only going to get crazier now.

jett said:
get to to Visari in KZ2, much less kill him, he's easily the best character in the series. Ugh goddamn you Rico, you dumb motherfucker. Now who's gonna give badass speeches in KZ3? :p
. I thought the ending was fine personally, I mean there was no way this was gonna end on a simple victory(mission accomplished! /bush lulz). Vektans didn't come to Helghan to obliterate it and everyone on it, but to "liberate it" Iraq-style. War rages on, it's only going to get crazier now.

Yup its just going to get sooo crazy.
That last shot though of Sev knowing their all basically dead and just walking out and sitting on the steps while the fricken star destroyer size battle cruisers stream overhead was just such a chilling excellent conclusion.

I remember everyone talking about how the game shows how the ISA and Helghast are both kind of not good, but I never got that. The only ISA character who's a piece of shit is Rico. Other than that the ISA is just the standard "good guys"

Was I missing something?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
fistfulofmetal said:
I remember everyone talking about how the game shows how the ISA and Helghast are both kind of not good, but I never got that. The only ISA character who's a piece of shit is Rico. Other than that the ISA is just the standard "good guys"

Was I missing something?

Did everyone think that? I remember hearing it on 1Up Yours but I saw nothing that made me think ISA could potentially be the bad guys too

jett

D-Member
fistfulofmetal said:

Was I missing something?

You'd really have to read the backstory timeline at Killzone.com for a full explanation of that. It really sucks that they didn't manage to include some of those details into the game proper, shit that intel crap would actually be useful if they had. :p The backstory is REALLY awesome.

edit: oh wait you can read it on the first page of this thread too. :p

DoomGyver

DON'T REVIVE ME IF ENEMIES ARE STANDING ON MY BALLS FOR FUCKS SAKE!

asdhfk;dszfpasdhfpiadsjfiposdfpioasdjfoiasjdfoiasdjfpoiadfs

jett said:
I was talking to my friend about that today.
Assuming Vasari knew that some ISA where coming to get him, and that Radec couldn't hold them all out much longer, I'm sure he would have wanted to leave the Helghast with something. We were thinking that the intro for Killzone 3 will have Vasari, but it will be a recording he did before he died, possibly even right before he died, when you where fighting Radec. It almost seems to me like he was egging Rico on, knowing that he was the type of person who would kill him. Maybe for the greater good of Helgan he wanted to be killed.

pj

Banned
I just realized that I've been playing on veteran.. The way some of you people are talking about veteran you'd think it was like COD4's veteran. It's not hard at all, and the patch didn't fix the aiming

jett

D-Member
pj325is said:
I just realized that I've been playing on veteran.. The way some of you people are talking about veteran you'd think it was like COD4's veteran. It's not hard at all, and the patch didn't fix the aiming

There's nothing to be fixed. NOTHING. NOTHING YOU HEAR ME GUERRILLA DAMN YOU PEOPLE, DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLLL

Wario64 said:
Did everyone think that? I remember hearing it on 1Up Yours but I saw nothing that made me think ISA could potentially be the bad guys too

After reading the timeline at the beginning of this thread, it seems, to me at least, that the Helgast were justified in starting the war. Neither side could really be considered good or bad, just shades of gray.

methane47

pj325is said:

Have you reached Visari's Palace yet? If not... I'd say you're in for a surprise LOLOL

tribal24

Banned
wow the controls feel perfect now, olny thing they really did was push the sensitivity up even higher the recoil is still there, now shotgun takes skill since no more auto aim:D :D

bloodforge said:
After reading the timeline at the beginning of this thread it seems, to me at least, that the Helgast were justified in starting the war. Neither side could really be considered good, just shades of gray.
Vekta was once under Helghan control (basically they got there first), but the ISA took it from them, and sent them to Helghan.

Or something along those lines. I just know for a fact the Helghast Corporation settled on Vekta first.

Spoo said:
Welp, I thought Guerilla was above the pressure to "fix" the controls and turn KZ2 into just another FPS, but then they went ahead and did it.

I loved the controls, and now I get no satisfaction out of it whatsoever.

Sorry if it seems like I'm a pussy or shallow for ditching, but I'm done. I'll beat the SP and trade this shit in. Sorry Blackmark, GAF West, etc :(

You should start a petition.

careksims

Speaking of revives, why the hell do you spin 180 degrees when you get up. Every time i revive I get up and spin around with my back to the enemy :/

Full Recovery said:
DON'T REVIVE ME IF ENEMIES ARE STANDING ON MY BALLS FOR FUCKS SAKE!

asdhfk;dszfpasdhfpiadsjfiposdfpioasdjfoiasjdfoiasdjfpoiadfs

You'll take the revive and draw fire away from me whether you like it or not.

Went to a couple GAF games tonight and got humbled quick. I was placing top 3 in random games, but I feel pretty useless in some GAF games.

Played online tonight. Lots of fun and addicting. Did fairly decent I suppose. For some reason I kept getting disconnected in some games and my stats were not saved meaning I should be considerably higher than I am now. I might take me a while to get to that general rank. Is there a faster way to get points online? I am on stage 2 on Elite now. So far, so good. It is just time consuming because I take cover around literally every corner. Don't throw a grenade while out in the open because you will be filled with Helghast lead before the grenade leaves your hand.

Tactician is far and away my favorite class. I'm turning tides with well placed spawn grenades and air support. Watching maroons throw spawns into crossfire hellholes has taught me well. I love it, love it all.:D

Enojado

Beat it on Veteran a day or two ago. I felt as if I had accomplished something - similar to how I felt after I beat Halo 3 SP on legendary by myself (yeah, I know that may not be a big deal to most of you here, but I felt like I had accomplished something).

Anyway, I have barely started to play through SP on elite (have yet to get into MP - that will be coming soon) and I am even more impressed with the set pieces and graphics the 2nd time around. I remember not being all that impressed with the opening level during my first play through, but on the second play through it just seems that much more impressive. I don't know what changed, but I am am in utter awe at how immersive, atmospheric and utterly impressive this game looks.

As to the ending, I quite enjoyed it. Wasn't expecting what happened and am really intrigued to see what happens in KZ3.

WretchedTruman said:
Tactician is far and away my favorite class. I'm turning tides with well placed spawn grenades and air support. Watching maroons throw spawns into crossfire hellholes has taught me well. I love it, love it all.:D
Any tips on spawn points?

Guys I've unlocked the class where you can put spawn points on the map for you teammates, but I'm having trouble using them.You are supposed to press left on the d-pad, but nothing happens.I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Yup its just going to get sooo crazy.
That last shot though of Sev knowing their all basically dead and just walking out and sitting on the steps while the fricken star destroyer size battle cruisers stream overhead was just such a chilling excellent conclusion.

You are absolutely right, whats interesting is that Visari knew what he was doing
he egged Rico on on purpose. He specifically stated that the ISA did NOT want to turn him into a martyr and that's exactly what happened. Sev's attitude and posture as he walks out of the palace and sits down on the entry steps was absolutely amazing. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Rico will eventually face charges for his actions

flipswitch said:
Guys I've unlocked the class where you can put spawn points on the map for you teammates, but I'm having trouble using them.You are supposed to press left on the d-pad, but nothing happens.I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
It switches to a grenade (when you can actually use it) and throw that grenade to effectively create a spawn point.

Dante

Might get back on again...Letting my GF play Zuma....Ugh... :(

Man tonight, I had 2 last second MVP type moments. I delivered the prop speaker with like 2 second left to tie things up and avoid the loss.

And on a hectic Corinth River S&D The ISA had one guy defusing our bomb with 2 shotgun guards and I took all three out as time expired to give us the win.....Prob my most nail biting moment.

I do wish there was like an MVP bonus of some sort to the player who completes the most player objectives for the winning team to reward people who are working towards a winning goal.

Also I am finding that I tend to do worse on the larger maps like Pyruss, and Saluman, but oddly enough I have the most fun on those larger maps. I don't think I've ever seen anybody take the sandbag S&D mission on that Saluman Market, It's really hard to get that one.

Shooting in bursts from the hip has helped my accuracy a great deal.

Also, I agree about the medics 'reviving' you in the middle of a gunfight, where you are then killed a second time in less than 2 seconds. That needs to be tweaked somehow.

What are the point of the medics exactly? That if they revive you, you don't have to go all the way to a spawn point? Because you still die. I especially don't understand it because the game lets you spawn on your squad leaders. Medics seem awfully pointless unless I'm missing something.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
jett said:
In the end, they didn't come through with their bullshit promise that the final levels would be as stark and opressive was the 2007 build. Oh wells.
The bridge level was pretty much exactly like that though.

crussher said:
what did they do to the controls? it seems the same to me lol
Slightly different aiming acceleration that makes for a bit easier lining up the shots. As usual some people are putting it way out of proportion on both sides of the spectrum.

Dante

CartridgeBlower said:
Shooting in bursts from the hip has helped my accuracy a great deal.

Also, I agree about the medics 'reviving' you in the middle of a gunfight, where you are then killed a second time in less than 2 seconds. That needs to be tweaked somehow.

What are the point of the medics exactly? That if they revive you, you don't have to go all the way to a spawn point? Because you still die. I especially don't understand it because the game lets you spawn on your squad leaders. Medics seem awfully pointless unless I'm missing something.

Maybe you could be invincible for a period of time, if that's problematic, maybe invincible and you can't fire a gun for like 5 seconds to give you time to run out f a shit storm?

alterno69

Banned
The game is PERFECT for me after the patch, i can't get enough of it, i love all the maps and my Medic, Engineer and Tactician so much. Thank you Guerilla for crafting such an amazing game in both SP and MP.

G-Bus

Banned
ahh controls.. wtf have they done!

It's not that different but it's noticeable and pisses me off for some reason.

fistfulofmetal said:
It wasn't the shootout at the end I disliked. In fact all the straight up shooting were the best parts of the game. The 'boss' battle after the shoot-out then the 'ending' are what I hated. It's all so unsatisfying.

Also the game is shockingly short. My total playtime was 5 hours 35 minutes.
5 hours... yeah,, one of those guys. you ruined the game experience by not playing it on veteran. now nothing in the game is memorable for you, except that you run and gunned through the entire game. might as well have used the knife the entire game.

jett said:
You'd really have to read the backstory timeline at Killzone.com for a full explanation of that. It really sucks that they didn't manage to include some of those details into the game proper, shit that intel crap would actually be useful if they had. :p The backstory is REALLY awesome.

Agreed. Backstory is one of the best game stories I've ever read. There's no black and white like the usual crap we're subjected to and some details make the game very believable. It takes an enormous amount of wrong to ignore such a great backstory and make the game's story mainly about objectives.

You hear me Guerrilla? Use the goddam backstory in the next games.

Mobius 1

So I'm winning this awesome match with some 70+ kills, and the cunt of a host just quits with 2 minutes to the end. I get no points.

>:-(

jett said:

Couldn't agree more. Backstory is one of the best game stories I've ever read. There's no black and white like the usual crap we're subjected to and some details make the game very believable. It takes an enormous amount of wrong to ignore such a great backstory and make the game's story mainly about objectives.

You hear me Guerrilla? Use the goddam backstory in the next games.

Top Bottom