• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
mwqy3p.gif

.correct AR

Truant

Got a little further. I'm wondering how PS3 fanboys who make fun of GOW for the whole Immulsion thing are going to spin some of this stuff :lol

Anyway, had my best two hours right now. Some amazing combat scenarios further into the game.

careksims

Truant said:
Got a little further. I'm wondering how PS3 fanboys who make fun of GOW for the whole Immulsion thing are going to spin some of this stuff :lol

Anyway, had my best two hours right now. Some amazing combat scenarios further into the game.

Oh stop with the torture teasing! I still have to wait 2 weeks! ARGH! I want to play it so badly! I'm hoping the old R1 Gaf Clan can start something up. That's the team I'll be playin' with.

KZObsessed

DarkUSS said:
Have you guys watched this?

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748475/killzone-next-gen/videos/ign_killzoneblog1_e305_021209.html

It's a behind the scenes video with some Guerrilla developers commenting on the infamous CG trailer from E3 2005.

I think it's worth watching just to remind you how awesome did the trailer looked.

They mentioned the guy on the jeep. :lol :lol

"Internet legend"

Also they said next week we get to see the 2006 GDC multiplayer trailer that was never shown to the public. Look forward to seeing that.

DarkUSS said:

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748475/killzone-next-gen/videos/ign_killzoneblog1_e305_021209.html

It's a behind the scenes video with some Guerrilla developers commenting on the infamous CG trailer from E3 2005.

I think it's worth watching just to remind you how awesome did the trailer looked.

:lol

rtqn0l.png

Also they explain why the ISA ride around in that exposed craft. I know many people have mentioned that it didn't make sense that they'd ride around in that.

braimuge

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
:lol

http://i41.tinypic.com/rtqn0l.png[img]

Also they explain why the ISA ride around in that exposed craft. I know many people have mentioned that it didn't make sense that they'd ride around in that.[/QUOTE]
I haven't read the article, but maybe it's because they're cheaper to produce...:P

bizatch

DarkUSS said:

Looking at that video, it seems disappointing that they removed the ability for your buddies to give you weapons. Thinking about it though, I doubt it would have worked well.

Erebus

bizatch said:
Looking at that video, it seems disappointing that they removed the ability for your buddies to give you weapons. Thinking about it though, I doubt it would have worked well.

Probably that's why they never added this ability in the first place.

canada.com review 9.2

- Our favorite part about Killzone 2 is its unapologetic devotion to creating a perfect first person shooter. It's not 100 per cent flawless, but it comes pretty damn close. Every element immerses you further in the game's world and enhances the FPS experience. The result is immediate and intense gameplay hardcore gamers will love. Move over, Call of Duty 4.

The Bad...

- We don't really have any complaints about Killzone 2. It doesn't pretend to be anything but an intense and satisfying first person shooter and that's exactly what it is. If we had to say anything approaching negative, it's that there's nothing remotely casual about it. It's a title best suited for committed, hardcore FPS gamers.

Final Word: Killzone 2 doesn't reinvent the wheel-it just makes the sexiest, slickest, best wheel you can imagine and then drives you at top speed down Kickass Blvd. all the way to Awesome City. Setting a new benchmark for FPS-and for what can be done with a PlayStation 3-Guerrilla Games has vindicated itself and created, at least for now, the best shooter on the market.

hype?

KZObsessed

BruceLeeRoy said:
I know its pathetic to get hung up on stuff like this but Metacritic is back up to 93 :D

I knew you were a secret metawhore!!!

Just wait til Tom Chick's Variety review gets published....:lol

SolidC213

Guled said:
this game looks so awesome with no HUD, that should be a standard from now on to have an option like that

Seriously dude. My friend thought i was watching the video of the game when i played with the HUD and crosshairs off:lol

xiked

Banned
Hi, I have been lurking around for almost one and a half year and finally granted access to post here. So to start off my first post I want to say, wow bruce, great thread, almost as good as MGS4 one (mgs4 are an legend that why the thread makes it shine a little bit more).

I think and feel that kz2 will be great, sadly I have seen to much of the video on the net. I guess about 90% content of all the levels has been shown? Well MP will be my big joy! watch out FFObsessed, I will use my knife and whisper in your era before the light gets bright for you :D

btw, from sweden,

jk, I will get butt raped but your sniperskillz!1...or maby not :p

*spell correction*

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
BruceLeeRoy said:
Playing the KZ2 demo with Alternate Scheme 1 and a pair of RealTriggers is like
a life revelation.

I just ordered a pair of those things this morning, how's the surface of them compare to the DS3's R2 buttons? They feel a little slippery sometimes, hopefully these are a little tackier.

Also, I thought Standard 2 is the one that uses R2 for firing?

Arnie

WARNING: listening to latest 1up Yours now, there is more spoilerage of the last level so don't listen, or skip to aboout the 35 minute mark to bypass the KZ2 information.

KZObsessed

xiked said:
Hi, I have been lurking around for almost one and a half year and finally granted access to post here. So to start off my first post I want to say, wow bruce, great thread, almost as good as MGS4 one (mgs4 are an legend that why the thread makes it shine a little bit more).

I think and feel that kz2 will be great, sadly I have seen to much of the video on the net. I guess about 90% content of all the levels has been shown? Well MP will be my big joy! watch out FFObsessed, I will use my knife and whisper in your era before the light gets bright for you :D

btw, from sweden,

jk, I will get butt raped but your sniperskillz!1...or maby not :p

*spell correction*

You will... but not necessarily by my sniper skills! oh ho ho ho ho!
Indifferent2.gif

:p

Brannon

So I've been playing Killzone 1 again, and I'm wondering, is it my disk, or does the game not have any music during gameplay?

Top Bottom