• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
StreetDisciple said:
You got balls
You have balls.
5d326bcf21275549d8e9e5c82dea6716.gif

~Kinggi~ said:
For anyone that's interested, some guy did a video walkthrough of the game (i havent watched it) but it only lasted 4:47:46 on veteran difficulty. It also looks like the full game only has like 3 or 4 more levels than that preview copy all the reviewers played.

That's ridiculously short. It was supposedly in progress but hes made it all the way to the end credits already so i doubt its a mistake.

I don't really see what the big deal is. Most people have said that the first playthrough took them around 8 hours to complete. Which is perfectly fine for a game that's largely just shooting.

nextwish said:
Hahha, yeah, I haven't had the guts to open it yet. Seriously though, I also got SF4 today .. been occupied that, but will get to KZ2 soon.

wut??. i'd be like charley over a bar of chocolat with that game... you haven't even opened it yet...? man... even the N64 kid would seem calm compared to me when i would get this game early

Azzwanker

Banned
web01 said:
@ 5hr game completion

If the game is really that short then thats kinda ridiculous.

MGS1 took me 3 hours ... and jet its the best game ever made.

CoD 4 only 6 hours in my first playtrough ;) go away u basterd

nib95

Banned
web01 said:
@ 5hr game completion

If the game is really that short then thats kinda ridiculous.

That must have been a speed run. Took me around 8 hours first time, and 10 hours second on Veteran. I don't doubt that you could do it in 5 hours, but not comfortably. You'd have to have been rushing through, and know exactly what you were doing throughout.

Flunkie

Banned
nib95 said:
That must have been a speed run. Took me around 8 hours first time, and 10 hours second on Veteran. I don't doubt that you could do it in 5 hours, but not comfortably. You'd have to have been rushing through, and know exactly what you were doing throughout.
Nibs, what control layout do you use? Just curious.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
WickedAngel said:
I realize that this is a sensitive issue among very sensitive people but I've got to ask;

Can those of you that have the game confirm that the input lag issue in the demo has been corrected in the game?

My girlfriend is trying to decide whether or not to buy MGS4 or Killzone 2 for my Vday gift and this is really the only issue that would keep me from wanting it. I've read statements from the developer that said the issue isn't present on the disk but I would prefer that that be confirmed by a GAF member if it hasn't already because it's highly distracting to me.

This is a deal breaker to me for what was an amazing experience otherwise. I can't adapt to that.
They probably cannot correct something that's to a more or less degree present in all 30FPS games on consoles. By counting frames of delay, you can see that KZ2 has the exact same input delay as bunch of other 30FPS console games, Halo 3 included. There are 30FPS games with lesser delay but it's usually just 1 frame less. What maybe makes it feel a bit different here is that the aim has lower than usual acceleration, but I really doubt they are going to change that either, as it's kinda the thing their controls and feel of the game is built around.

Lord Error said:
They probably cannot correct something that's to a more or less degree present in all 30FPS games on consoles. By counting frames of delay, you can see that KZ2 has the exact same input delay as bunch of other 30FPS console games, Halo 3 included. There are 30FPS games with lesser delay but it's usually just 1 frame less. What maybe makes it feel a bit different here is that the aim has lower than usual acceleration, but I really doubt they are going to change that either, as it's kinda the thing their controls and feel of the game is built around.

It's been quite a while since I played Halo 3 so I can't really remember whether I noticed this or not back then.

I'm really hoping that this isn't a case of being the feel that the game was intended to have. I had some serious issues during the demo (Especially as it pertains to small flicks of the analog stick to fine-tune the zoomed aiming on a head).

I don't even understand why that would be a gameplay decision if realism/immersion were their goal (Which they seem to be, considering the stunning level of fidelity that the atmosphere was built with). When you decide to turn, you don't gradually speed up in the middle of the turn.

At the very least, thanks for the quick replies. A lot of people seem to think that any criticism/question regarding the feel of the game is an instant troll and bannable offense. I am kind of picky about this since I play the vast majority of my FPS games on the PC with a mouse that is somewhat sensitive.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Oh man, took a week off playing for other games, and coming back to Elite mode is haaaaaaaaaaaard

But so fucking good

F#A#Oo

Banned
5 hours eh?

That's alright...I don't like long SP experiences...

MP now that's where I'll be spending 99% of my KZ2 time...

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
F#A#Oo said:
5 hours eh?

That's alright...I don't like long SP experiences...

MP now that's where I'll be spending 99% of my KZ2 time...

Took me 8. Start on a higher difficulty if you want it to be longer... and better.

F#A#Oo

Banned
McBacon said:
Took me 8. Start on a higher difficulty if you want it to be longer... and better.

Tbh...I'm a compulsive "I need to explore and look at everything" player so for me KZ2 may well be a 10+ hour playthrough...and obviously shorter through later playthroughs.

My Lost Odyssey playthrough took me about 15 hours per disk...:lol

KZObsessed

aj2good4you2 said:
cant wait till i find ur sniping spot and sneak up on u from behind like in the beta:D

I wont be a sniper for a long time unfortunately. Will have to earn it for the 3rd time. :( I think I'm gonna spend a lot of time with the other classes this time and unlock all their secondary abilities before I settle down with my sniper class (-_-)

~Kinggi~ said:
For anyone that's interested, some guy did a video walkthrough of the game (i havent watched it) but it only lasted 4:47:46 on veteran difficulty. It also looks like the full game only has like 3 or 4 more levels than that preview copy all the reviewers played.

That's ridiculously short. It was supposedly in progress but hes made it all the way to the end credits already so i doubt its a mistake.

He'd probably completed it already before he did that so he knew what to do in each battle.

John Davison on 1up said it look him 11 hours+ and that was probably on Normal. But I doubt he's the best FPS player in the world, Ellis said it takes 8-12 hours. TTP took 10 hours on Veteran, McBacon 8 hours etc.

Completion time varies person to person on every game. Someone mentioned before they completed MGS4 first time in 8 hours... that took me over 20!

haarbol

Brannon said:
So I've been playing Killzone 1 again, and I'm wondering, is it my disk, or does the game not have any music during gameplay?

Yup, Killzone 1 didn't have music during gameplay. Killzone 2 has an adaptive music score.

BeeDog

U K Narayan said:
They should remake Killzone 1.

They really should've just removed the 2 in the title of this game, fresh start (so we can all forget the abomination that was the first game :p ).

Kittonwy

Banned
blue999new said:
Just got the game. :)

Now you got to follow these instructions very carefully:

Put teh Killzone 2 in a Fed Ex box.
Send it via express overnight shipping to Kittonwy Tortondo Ontario Canada.
Godspeed my friend godspeed.

angry.gif

KZObsessed

blue999new said:
China, someone imported it by Air, it is the EU version

ahh ok. Seems it's out in China and the Middle East.

Just let retailers sell it worldwide now Sony for god's sake! What are you waiting for??

bounchfx

yeah, seriously, thousands of people have it and they still reinforce the street date.

I remember like 10 years ago that if anyone broke the street date it was free reign for other retailers to sell.

it's just stupid now. it's in stores, fucking sell it, you won't lose sales.

bounchfx said:
yeah, seriously, thousands of people have it and they still reinforce the street date.

I remember like 10 years ago that if anyone broke the street date it was free reign for other retailers to sell.

it's just stupid now. it's in stores, fucking sell it, you won't lose sales.
Especially online pre-orders... fuck you Webhallen.se! >;-(

xiked

Banned
Azzwanker said:
MGS1 took me 3 hours ... and jet its the best game ever made.

CoD 4 only 6 hours in my first playtrough ;) go away u basterd

took me 4 hours and that was an awesome ride. Even though I hate x-ray vision from the AI and 90% script and very little adaptive AI. Thats what i Love about KZ2. Almost everything is invidual and realistic AI that behaves like a real human.
I prefer a game that has me going 100% and get new fresh situations instead of 20hour grinding. Multiplayer is for the stay, Single Player is to get my mood set for the game and the universe of the game.

DeeVoc

Neo Member
Hrm, John Davidson's comments about being fine until enemies are coming from all directions kind of touch on my own issues with the controls. I feel like using R3 to zoom is fine when you're dug into cover and can pop up, click zoom, and pop, but when you're put in a situation where you're being flanked or need to have your head on a swivel it all seems to fall apart. While holding two fingers over the left shoulders buttons in ALT2 is considerably less comfortable, it just seems like that's going to be the way I go.

Sidenote: I hate using L3/R3 for anything, as when there are tense moments I tend to grip the controller harder and always push down accidentally. While playing through the HL series on console I would endlessly crouch during the most inopportune times.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
DeeVoc said:
I feel like using R3 to zoom is fine when you're dug into cover and can pop up, click zoom, and pop, but when you're put in a situation where you're being flanked or need to have your head on a swivel it all seems to fall apart.

Shoot from the hip.

GodofWine

McBacon said:
Shoot from the hip.

If they were designing the controls to produce a realistic response to intense close battles then this makes sense, no one when getting flanked on all sides has time to raise the gun to their eye, aim and squeeze...

It really is a weird barrier to break through, being able to fire from the hip with accuracy, because the last few years of shooters have made weapons look like they aim as well as a fire hose being shot off the hip. I don't think I've killed a person in COD without zooming in.

DunpealD

McBacon said:
Shoot from the hip.

This the movement in Zoom mode isn't that fast. By using shooting from the hip you're more agile, especially in terms of turning. Zoom isn't mandatory to get a good shot in this game and is more recommendable for situations where the "shooting from the hip" fails at precision.

Arnie

Ballistictiger said:
This is one reason why I love counter strike and will love this game. Sorry for quoting you for this. It is also the reason I hate playing COD4. Hardly any recoil, weapons well most of them feel the same, all have similar damage, stick auto aim. I want a game with weapon that kicks and take skills, aiming skills to get kills.
I agree 100% with you.

Top Bottom