• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

dwin45

Pojo said:
What missions did you play specifically (all missions)? Does it rely most on kills, and do deaths factor in at all?

What I mean is, can you just play Blood Gracht on body count with a bunch of other people using rocket launchers, dying almost as often as you kill, and still get high in the rankings based on body count? Because I find that kind of fun anyway. I'm not exactly the best at scoring points in missions, though I do contribute in other ways.

I've tried to figure out how it works, but nobody has satisfactorily answered. Since a bunch of people have it now, maybe someone can tell me. :)
I'm not sure, but I think it's based purely off of points. Since you don't lose any points when you die, you could die just as much as you kill.

dwin45

Pojo said:
:p

That's what I figured, but I need to be really sure before I go all out and play the game for an obscene number of hours doing the wrong thing.
Well, if you look at rankings, it's based purely on points. It's safe to say that points are the only thing that determines rank and not kills, deaths, k/d ratio etc.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Guys, I think you need to play a random match in order to be awarded the weekly ribbon. I just completed a quick one, logged out and logged in. I got the Purple one (top 3%).

Unless it was just a coincidence and all u need to do is just wait.

FFObsessed got the red one. Too bad he wont know till tomorrow :lol

RavenFox

Banned
I am now a general and sniping in a game has never been so satisfying for me. I tip my scope to you GG games...I tip my scope to you

Actually, just got the trophies. I'm on West Coast in case anyone was wondering.

Top 1300 and I just received the top 1% trophies and so forth.

Varna

Any GAF games up right now? Join a random one... F'en assault class ruins everything.

I don't mind the grenade launcher... it's the whole speed boost plus being invincible to anything but headshots that bothers me. ONE was giving my team a really hard time (there was only a few people who even had access to the class). So basically my squad did nothing but hunt this one guy down for the duration of the game.

Stillmatic

Just received my honor rank too. I was getting worried they stuffed it up again after hearing some people getting it earlier. But it eventually came. (NZ)

Top 1% too, yuusss! I won't be putting that amount of time into MP again. :lol

jmd494

Blu_LED said:
At the end of the week you lose it. You keep the trophy though.

Does anyone know exactly how many people have logged onto Killzone online? I want to see if I even have a chance of getting in the top 10%.
I have a feeling you have to do better than 10% of the people who played that week...not 10% of the total people who have ever logged on (no evidence of that...just a hunch). Otherwise, that 1% thing would be really easy to get down the road when the servers slow way down after 2,000,000 people have played.

jmd494

Stillmatic said:
Just received my honor rank too. I was getting worried they stuffed it up again after hearing some people getting it earlier. But it eventually came. (NZ)

Top 1% too, yuusss! I won't be putting that amount of time into MP again. :lol
In that week..how many hours you think you put in? How many per day on average?

Huh. I think I'm now getting used to the aiming. Played a few random games and got in the top three like it was nothing when before I'd be in last place pretty much all the time. Switching to Alternate 2 I think helped a lot.

Any GAF games going on tonight?

careful

Justin Dailey said:
I have a feeling you have to do better than 10% of the people who played that week...not 10% of the total people who have ever logged on (no evidence of that...just a hunch). Otherwise, that 1% thing would be really easy to get down the road when the servers slow way down after 2,000,000 people have played.
I think it's total points, so even if you're not that good, if you played a shit ton I guess you could still get the medal. Heck, I'm not that hot a player (0.92 K/D) and I still made it top 10%. lol

FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE
FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCEFACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCEFACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCEFACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE

Pojo

Banned
sevenchaos said:
Huh. I think I'm now getting used to the aiming. Played a few random games and got in the top three like it was nothing when before I'd be in last place pretty much all the time. Switching to Alternate 2 I think helped a lot.

Any GAF games going on tonight?
I use that exclusively for multiplayer, but it has some issues, namely not letting you assign a button for melee (I can't use the thumbstick. R3 is not a button to be pressed while trying to aim).

Next patch should let me map buttons. >:I

Stillmatic

Justin Dailey said:
In that week..how many hours you think you put in? How many per day on average?

I was ranked 800 and something for that week, so i went a bit above and beyond, but i spent around 40 hours online last week. :lol

It'll be easier as time goes on, and i don't think you need to go near the amount of time i did to get it.

.GqueB.

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE
FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCEFACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCEFACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCEFACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE
18p56h.gif

SECONDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

careful

Rapping Granny said:
FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE FACTION BALANCE[/B]
They could fix it for non-autobalance by just limiting a team to half the total max players. When that limit is reached, force the remaining joining players to the other team.

RavenFox

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
:lol so true

Rorschach

Rapping Granny said:
EVERY FUCKING GAME. THE ISA HAS AT LEAST 5 PEOPLE MORE!
That usually happens when a clan says "let's go ISA!" Everyone thinks it's an invitation for them... or they know that team is gonna be stacked.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
belvedere said:
It's a configurable host option, are we complaining because of something GG did or something the host is doing?

IMO, GG took a too "liberal" approach to the whole MP design, letting the users do the game, basically. I think this was a pretty bad move as we usually get

- 32 players in small maps
- Unbalanced teams
- Stats padders (look at all those "RANK UP!!!111" games - not to mention how the whole Bots thing backfired )

They should at least give us an option to check details of a game before joining it.

YoungHav

Banned
belvedere said:
People need to understand the difference between "bad controls" and "different controls". Just because KZ2 doesn't control exactly like every other shooter out there, doesn't mean the controls suck. Actually, in many cases (myself included at first) it's the player that sucks, not the controls.
Amen.

RavenFox

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:
well to be fair the ISA are the best!:D
and helghast have the worst fucking spawns on every map
If I play 10 games I win 8 out of those 10 and that's with the Helghast. Also I dont agree with your spawn comment.

TTP said:
IMO, GG took a too "liberal" approach to the whole MP design, letting the users do the game, basically. I think this was a pretty bad move as we usually get

- 32 players in small maps
- Unbalanced teams
- Stats padders (look at all those "RANK UP!!!111" games - not to mention how the whole Bots thing backfired )

They should at least give us an option to check details of a game before joining it.
I see quite a few of those when browsing for a game. Now I know why some of these high ranked players suck so much ass.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
RavenFox said:
I see quite a few of those when browsing for a game. Now I know why some of these high ranked players suck so much ass.

Oh yeah. Those are the worst indeed. Just look at Full-Recovery and Ilparazzo for example. :lol :p ;)

Rorschach

Btw- I wish they would add a "mute all except party" option. Once the map is over, people decide they need to make the most annoying screeches ever -- at the highest possible volume.

jmd494

This is probably a repeat question so sorry if I'm being redundant...but when you press select during a MP game to look at your score, what do the different column icons represent?

1% :D

If people want faction balancing then just make another GAF server. There are a few of us who like to play together every night. If we're the team that's low on people, we just laugh and move on. It's a fucking video game. Have fun.

.GqueB.

Banned
Rorschach said:
GAF rooms are really cliquey.

"Can we even up the teams?"
*everyone pretends to be away when the chat was filled with noise seconds earlier*
*game starts 4 vs 13*
LMAO

Seriously dude. I remember a few matches ago it was like 13 vs 7 and a lot of us on the team of 7 were saying "you guys wanna even this out guys?" The silence was deafening. And I didnt wanna be one of those douchebags switching teams so I stayed put.

I know you guys care so much about your leaderboard rank and 1%'s but if youre gonna cheat take it to another room. Dont do it amongst your own brethren for fucks sake.

Silly bastards.

Pojo

Banned
I guess the game will get easier to get the top 1% trophy after the game has been out awhile and people stop worrying about getting all of the classes.

I'll wait. Besides, beating the game on elite will be hard enough...I can't even beat the last level on veteran. :\

Flunkie

Banned
ThirdEngine said:

If people want faction balancing then just make another GAF server. There are a few of us who like to play together every night. If we're the team that's low on people, we just laugh and move on. It's a fucking video game. Have fun.
Typically a creature that is calm and keeps to itself, the Tazmanian Third Engine comes out of his natural habitat and actually posts something that could be considered a mildly hostile and defensive post. Truly a rare site.

.GqueB.

Banned
ThirdEngine said:

If people want faction balancing then just make another GAF server. There are a few of us who like to play with Full-Recovery every night. If we're the team that's low on people, we just laugh and move on. It's a fucking video game. Have fun.
Fix'd

And please stop pretending that actually happens often. Get real.

But whatever, I dont mind it much. I always play on the opposite team so it fuels my desire to do better. Oddly enough, everyone complains about Full Recovery when its you I often have the most trouble with :lol

TheFatOne

.GqueB. said:
LMAO

Seriously dude. I remember a few matches ago it was like 13 vs 7 and a lot of us on the team of 7 were saying "you guys wanna even this out guys?" The silence was deafening. And I didnt wanna be one of those douchebags switching teams so I stayed put.

I know you guys care so much about your leaderboard rank and 1%'s but if youre gonna cheat take it to another room. Dont do it amongst your own brethren for fucks sake.

Silly bastards.

I say fuck em if they want to stick as a clique the win is so much better for me then. Plus when I kill them I just laugh my ass off. I am going to get Full Recovery some day the mother fucker tea baged me and was dancing on my corpse :(

.GqueB.

Banned
TheFatOne said:
I say fuck em if they want to stick as a clique the win is so much better for me then. Plus when I kill them I just laugh my ass off.
I always find it rather funny that through it all they still cant manage to get a definitive win a lot of the time. Ends up in draws and 4-3's more often than not.

TheFatOne

.GqueB. said:
I always find it rather funny that through it all they still cant manage to get a definitive win a lot of the time. Ends up in draws and 4-3's more often than not.

The teams will usually even out because more people enter mid round.

.GqueB. said:
Fix'd

And please stop pretending that actually happens often. Get real.

But whatever, I dont mind it much. I always play on the opposite team so it fuels my desire to do better. Oddly enough, everyone complains about Full Recovery when its you I often have the most trouble with :lol
Like I have said before, some of us have a history of playing both Gears 1 & 2 with him for quite some time. I can't help it he's really good at the game. Also, there have been times where we have been low with people.

DoomGyver

TheFatOne said:
I say fuck em if they want to stick as a clique the win is so much better for me then. Plus when I kill them I just laugh my ass off. I am going to get Full Recovery some day the mother fucker tea baged me and was dancing on my corpse :(
:lol I didn't play one serious match today, all in good fun bro.

Top Bottom