• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Ilparazzo

DenogginizerOS said:
This explains a lot. I ran into a few of these yesterday. I got the jump on them, unloaded, only to have them turn around and shoot me in the face. As in COD4, I hope GG comes up with a way to mark these people with some sort of visual indicator over their head that lets you know they have the extra health (like a shield icon).

And I think you there should be an award for killing the most saboteurs that says something like "Douchebag Killer". I think saboteurs, like scouts in TF2, should have significantly reduced armor and/or health so they can't just run around with an SMG and spray people to death. Same goes for noob cannon RPGers.
I'd like to see how many people you can actually kill with the SMG as a sab, it's not really that easy of a weapon to use you know?

I don't really see the assault as a overpowered class, maybe it's just because I suck at using the rocket launcher or maybe its because I get a lot of headshots. ( not to mention the times I killed myself because someone on my team got in the way of the rocket right when I fired it)

YoungHav

Banned
kevm3 said:
Assault class is almost single-handedly ruining this game for me. Nothing worse than emptying half a clip into some guy's back and hthen have him turn around and shoot a rocket at you, when he should be dead. Another match just devolved into cornballs running through assault rifle fire and spamming rockets again. Absolutely disgusting.
A week ago the rocket spawners had no aiming skills...

Lince

Banned
Fersis said:
Yaay! Lince is back !
All i need now is Wollan and Seiken :3

<3 <3

did I tell you I met Maradona and Sergio Agüero last month in Madrid? I got their autographs and they were nice but sure "God" is fat these days :lol :lol

KZObsessed

I has it! TOP 1%! GENERAL OF THE ARMY!

shawshank.jpg

I should platinum this sexy bitch by next week!
KlintIndifference.gif

Thanx for the message TTP and S3NTRY!

Lince

Banned
user friendly said:
Quick question here.

If you get the 1% ranking, do you get all the other ribbons (2%, 3%, 6%, 10%) as well?

well I got 4 trophies with the 1% ranking, did I miss any?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
<3 <3

did I tell you I met Maradona and Sergio Agüero last month in Madrid? I got their autographs and they were nice but sure "God" is fat these days :lol :lol
AWESOME!
Tru story: My father met and talked with Maradona and didnt ask for an autograph.
He has been fatter,he is in good shape these days.

Ilparazzo

Lince said:
<3 <3

That is AWESOME :O

That reminds me, If you're reading this Vasilisk, Although I suck at Spanish I still get some of it (comes with being part of the peninsula), and all that name calling yesterday hurt :(
The ilparazzo effect XD

FFObsessed said:

Congratulations guy.

Man ...Killzone2 just keeps on giving! ...Got me first kill with an exploding barrel on another player while defending the Assisination Target .....SO DAMN GOOD! :D

GodofWine

Is there anything more satisfying than working your way up the stairs one of Visari Hammer's towers using nothing but the butt end of a rifle and bashing in the skulls of 4 unaware (i just spawned) assault class overpowered game breaking a-holes.....NO THERE ISN'T. :D

...like everyone else...they need to fix:

-SPAWN GRENADES - each one should have a radius that pops up on the map that another one cannot be deployed in. This includes the default spawn points and objective areas.

-ASSAULT CLASS - Take some of their super duper body armor away, all they are are super soldiers...they can nuke 4 guys in one shot and pick through the mangled remains for the weapon they want.

-LOBBY SYSTEM - Its OK, but please 'See Warhawk' where you can pick a game and see the details of it on the right hand side in another window.

-Party...yea yea, we all agree, everyone with the game agrees...

(Oh, and snipers are ruining Pyrus(sp?), it will be funny when its all snipers on that map)

That said, I dig the rest of game, totally, especially now that I can aim, patch 1.20 for the mother ***** win.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I would like to GG patch FFObsessed... yeah his ISA disguise is killer for me... ie:
Fersis: Im walking *so happy*
Fersis:Oh look a buddy, hello buddy!
Buddy:*Shots Fersis in the head with a shotgun*
Buddy/FFObsessed: Lolz
:lol

Is there anyway i can detect disguised enemies?

rass

Winterblink said:
Have you planted explosives on a search & destroy mission in mp?
only one, but as someone mentioned before -- ive placed a few spawn points but that shows as zero, i think the 2 are just mixed up on the little pie chart.

in other news, my controller battery died when i was the assassination target on tharsis depot and i couldnt figure out why i wasnt moving... i was standing in the middle of the map, halfway through running back to the saf(er) area and bang. everyone on my team yelling at me to hide and everyone on the other team shooting my ass dead.

FFObsessed said:

shawshank.jpg

KlintIndifference.gif

Oh, dear God of all gamers. You are beyond obsessed (and obviously beyond skilled too)
Congratulations!

Ilparazzo

Fersis said:
I would like to GG patch FFObsessed... yeah his ISA disguise is killer for me... ie:

I always do the old "look at the radar to see if they show up in the radar" trick whenever I see anyone moving in my direction, you could always shoot once (if FF isn't on) just to make sure.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Fersis said:

- Not showing up on radar as green dots.
- Usually come from odd directions
- Reticle turns red when you point at them from close distance
-
They stink

Lince

Banned
Ilparazzo said:
That is AWESOME :O

That reminds me, If you're reading this Vasilisk, Although I suck at Spanish I still get some of it (comes with being part of the peninsula), and all that name calling yesterday hurt :(
The ilparazzo effect XD

Congratulations guy.

I was in the same game do you remember? Vasilisk was talking about how good you're at the game :p

now that I got the 1% ranking/trophy I've got a feeling beating the game in Elite is gonna be a harder feat... wish me luck.

GodofWine said:
...like everyone else...they need to fix:

-SPAWN GRENADES - each one should have a radius that pops up on the map that another one cannot be deployed in. This includes the default spawn points and objective areas.

-ASSAULT CLASS - Take some of their super duper body armor away, all they are are super soldiers...they can nuke 4 guys in one shot and pick through the mangled remains for the weapon they want.

1. Do not limit the area, that last push to the objective or defending the siege needs the spawn nearby. Instead limit the spawn invincibility to only base spawns. If a spawn in overrun people won't spawn there.

2. Let them keep the armor IMO take away the boost and slow them down. Make them tanks. They should've had the C4 and the Sabo should have boost.

Lince said:
hi guys, I'm back in GAF, some random thoughts after playing multiplayer for a week...

- 32p games should have their own, large and barren maps for people to clusterfuck in.

- 12-16p games is where the game shines, specially when teamwork is taken seriously and FF is enabled,
no other mp shooter top this.

- controls are awesome and need no further tweaking

QFMFT!

32p is digusting

.GqueB. said:
Fun games tonight but heres a swell idea:

Hows about you guys put on auto balancing so Full recovery's team doesnt get stacked with 13 people again. Thatd be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. 13 against 7? 12 against 9? And on SMALL maps no less where numbers are crucial.

And I kept staying on the non-stacked teams because I didnt wanna be one of THOSE people switching over. Dont be ridiculous people.

I am just sick of everyone whining and complaining about people being on Full Recovery's Team. More often than not, THE MATCHES DO EVEN OUT in the first few minutes, yet everyone complains that people want to be on his team, blah blah blah, nobody else does anything. Is he even allowed to play the game anymore? No matter what team he is on, I always hear people whining about something.

It happened last night, people saying "Oh you just want to be on Full_Recovery's Team, he could win by himself" Most of us heard it through Proximity Chat and it is kinda ridiculous.

I play on his team cause I am in his Clan. I try to play with them, GAFEast 1, since I could not play in our 3 matches last week cause they were too early for me. However, everytime we play I hear someone complain, I look at the numbers, and one team may have one more than the other, but nothing like 13 on 7 like described in this thread.

I guess GAFEast will have to play more Clan Matches so people will top complaning about this issue. He is a great player, many of you are great players, I have lost games against him, lost games with him. Just turn on Balancing and you should not have any issues.

Also, those of you complaining about rockets, simply remove the assault class from the games you play, problem solved. I played in some games last night without Scout, Sabetour, and Assault Classes enabled and it was great fun.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ilparazzo said:
I'd like to see how many people you can actually kill with the SMG as a sab, it's not really that easy of a weapon to use you know?

I don't really see the assault as a overpowered class, maybe it's just because I suck at using the rocket launcher or maybe its because I get a lot of headshots. ( not to mention the times I killed myself because someone on my team got in the way of the rocket right when I fired it)
If people see you and don't recognize you as an enemy, then there is an advantage for you as far as getting the shots off. If I survey an area and see friends, I may turn my back on a saboteur who then can shoot me and others with our backs turned to them. Reducing their armor and giving them more speed will distinguish them from other players while not interfering with their ability to sabotage/plant explosives etc.

Ilparazzo

Lince said:
I was in the same game do you remember? Vasilisk was talking about how good you're at the game :p

now that I got the 1% ranking/trophy I've got a feeling beating the game in Elite is gonna be a harder feat... wish me luck.
Indeed, I remember you kicked my butt a bunch o' times.

Elite is fun, makes it more like an actual war since you can't go around like a crazy guy killing everyone with the knife and such.
I hate it so much!

morlock

TTP said:
- Not showing up on radar as green dots.
- Usually come from odd directions
- Reticle turns red when you point at them from close distance
-
They stink
Also, they don't glow so they stand out pretty easily. I.e a ISA guy disquised as helghast does'nt have glowing eyes.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Oh, early in this thread it was noted that the direction you face when respawning at a spawn point depends on the direction the Tactician was facing when he deployed said spawn point. It's not totally accurate. You spawn pointing in the OPPOSITE direction.

So if you are a Tactician and want buddies to face an objective as they spawn, you have to toss the smoke nade with your back towards the objective.

Goddammit, I'm still not able to play the damn game online. Worst thing is, I can't find any answers as to WHY I'M NOT ABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES :mad:. I hate this game, I hate it, I hate Guerrilla for making me spend €60,- and ~40+ hours and then take it all away from me!!!

Seriously, fix it. It's really pissing me off, I can hear other people talk ffs, I'm just unable to play myself because of some stupid message. Haven't played in 4 days :(.

Ilparazzo

DenogginizerOS said:
If people see you and don't recognize you as an enemy, then there is an advantage for you as far as getting the shots off. If I survey an area and see friends, I may turn my back on a saboteur who then can shoot me and others with our backs turned to them. Reducing their armor and giving them more speed will distinguish them from other players while not interfering with their ability to sabotage/plant explosives etc.
You'd be surprised how many people I've boosted through in disguised while running from my own spawn, most people just don't care where their teammates are coming from, not even if they run like hell towards them.

Start being paranoid people!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ilparazzo said:
You'd be surprised how many people I've boosted through in disguised while running from my own spawn, most people just don't care where their teammates are coming from, not even if they run like hell towards them.

Start being paranoid people!
Paranoid is fine and dandy if Friendly Fire is off. However, if by being paranoid you suggest I shoot anyone who comes near me, I think some will get pissy about that. :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Dever said:
So why can't I zoom 5x with the Scout? Pressing up on the d-pad, it does nothing.

U need to get the Hawk's Eye medal. Check you UNLOCKS page (in MY STATISTICS) for the requirements.

KZObsessed

FoxhoundNL said:
Goddammit, I'm still not able to play the damn game online. Worst thing is, I can't find any answers as to WHY I'M NOT ABLE TO PLAY ONLINE GAMES :mad:. I hate this game, I hate it, I hate Guerrilla for making me spend €60,- and ~40+ hours and then take it all away from me!!!

Seriously, fix it. It's really pissing me off, I can hear other people talk ffs, I'm just unable to play myself because of some stupid message. Haven't played in 4 days :(.

Well, have you gone to KZ2 playstation forums and PM'd Seb Downie the QA manager?

You should if you havn't been able to connect since the patch.

Ilparazzo

DenogginizerOS said:
Paranoid is fine and dandy if Friendly Fire is off. However, if by being paranoid you suggest I shoot anyone who comes near me, I think some will get pissy about that. :lol
They already do sometimes, once I tried shooting my own teammates just to see if it works (with friendly fire off) and they started screaming "NOOB NOOB!".

Nightz

TTP said:
Oh, early in this thread it was noted that the direction you face when respawning at a spawn point depends on the direction the Tactician was facing when he deployed said spawn point. It's not totally accurate. You spawn pointing in the OPPOSITE direction.

So if you are a Tactician and want buddies to face an objective as they spawn, you have to toss the smoke nade with your back towards the objective.
Hmm, it all makes perfect sense now. Thanks for that info.

rexor0717

Yea, there needs to be more 32 player maps. Only Phyruss Rise and Salamun Market can really accommodate that many players. All the other maps just end in clusterfuck if you try to squeeze that many players in.
Now 12-20 player games are the best. Sure, you get those brief moments of chaos during a search and destroy mission, but thats alright. What I like it when everyone is in a squad and you all use your abilities perfectly to make and awesome killing machine.

FFObsessed said:
Well, have you gone to KZ2 playstation forums and PM'd Seb Downie the QA manager?

You should if you havn't been able to connect since the patch.
Thanks. I'll try that. What's his username on there?

Still sucks that I can't play, I was looking forward to no shotgun noobs A LOT. Patch arrived, all happy downloading... BAM, I can't play AT ALL. I'd rather play against auto aim shotgun noobs any day.

KZObsessed

FoxhoundNL said:
Thanks. I'll try that. What's his username on there?

Still sucks that I can't play, I was looking forward to no shotgun noobs A LOT. Patch arrived, all happy downloading... BAM, I can't play AT ALL. I'd rather play against auto aim shotgun noobs any day.

Sorry, that would help! lol

It's motherh666.

JB1981

The teams must have gotten unbalanced after I left last night because the games I played were balanced, save maybe a player or two. I'm only trying to stick with two people ('Duf and ThirdEngine). Why don't you guys speak up in between battles about this and coordinate teams better?

oneHeero

3rdamention said:
I am just sick of everyone whining and complaining about people being on Full Recovery's Team. More often than not, THE MATCHES DO EVEN OUT in the first few minutes, yet everyone complains that people want to be on his team, blah blah blah, nobody else does anything. Is he even allowed to play the game anymore? No matter what team he is on, I always hear people whining about something.

It happened last night, people saying "Oh you just want to be on Full_Recovery's Team, he could win by himself" Most of us heard it through Proximity Chat and it is kinda ridiculous.

I play on his team cause I am in his Clan. I try to play with them, GAFEast 1, since I could not play in our 3 matches last week cause they were too early for me. However, everytime we play I hear someone complain, I look at the numbers, and one team may have one more than the other, but nothing like 13 on 7 like described in this thread.

I guess GAFEast will have to play more Clan Matches so people will top complaning about this issue. He is a great player, many of you are great players, I have lost games against him, lost games with him. Just turn on Balancing and you should not have any issues.

Also, those of you complaining about rockets, simply remove the assault class from the games you play, problem solved. I played in some games last night without Scout, Sabetour, and Assault Classes enabled and it was great fun.
Beamber said no to 1st bold since they enjoy playing as a squad which is fine imo, I dont mind either way.
Assault is taken out of gaf games.
Its already been stated by me since you seem to be replying to my post, that no ones bitching that they want to be with recovery its more so that the teams start uneven, and your either blind as a bat or you join the game midgame/when everyone is done playing to not see games start 13-7 12-9 14-8(no bullshit). I''ll take a picture for you next time it happens to prove my point.

When I heard "o you want to be on full recoverys team" I thought those people were being sarcastic :\ I enjoy being on his team because its usually means I can sit back w/ him and snipe and when we low in objectives he knows how to step up w/ me and take charge. He's not a 1 dimensional player. But I have no problem playing against him and 7 other gaffers, as long as teams are even in numbers. Shit it can be all gaf on 1 team and I can play with nothing but randoms and not care as long as #s are even.
So I aint complaining cuz I cant be on his team. I stayed and I played and I won some games and held a 2.0 k/d like I set out to do.

Damn talking/bitching about this just makes me want to play the game so bad right now. Fucken work.

.GqueB.

Banned
3rdamention said:

:lol Its been like 8 hours I dont even care about this anymore. The whole mass faction switching happens every night pretty much but last night it was just annoying to play 13 v 7 games thrice in a row is all (well... thats a lie one was 12 v 9). I could personally give a damn in general. I was just kinda irked about the rather large abundance of unbalanced games last night is all.

But it DOES seem to be a bit of a serious complaint from some of the people Ive played with last night. I dont really see it as an issue because like you said, even with the unbalanced aspect the modes do end up evening out. Only mode where numbers favor the bigger team is search and retrieve. It SHOULD favor you guys in capture and hold
but for some reason it never crosses you guys's minds that sending out separate teams of 4 to every post will ultimately win the game.

Dont read the black part... any of you.

oneHeero

JB1981 said:
The teams must have gotten unbalanced after I left last night because the games I played were balanced, save maybe a player or two. I'm only trying to stick with two people ('Duf and ThirdEngine). Why don't you guys speak up in between battles about this and coordinate teams better?
We did last night lmao, it was funny cuz we said something about it every time it was between games and it was so quiet with no reponses but everyone greened up and got ready to play. No one would reply or switch teams no matter how many times we mentioned it. I've played with you a lot beamber, I'm not one to bitch except about that shotgun situation lol/

Top Bottom