• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Dave1988

Fersis said:
I would like to GG patch FFObsessed... yeah his ISA disguise is killer for me... ie:
Fersis: Im walking *so happy*
Fersis:Oh look a buddy, hello buddy!
Buddy:*Shots Fersis in the head with a shotgun*
Buddy/FFObsessed: Lolz
:lol

Is there anyway i can detect disguised enemies?

Your reticule turns red when aiming at them at close proximity.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I did notice last night in Beamber's room that, having played on both sides of the imbalanced equation, one team communicated a lot more than another or at least formed squads better. I think teams will have more success and matches will be more enjoyable if groups focus on making squads at the outset. I have learned in other games that a well balanced squad of 4 people can sometimes overcome the numbers of an opposing team simply by outplaying them.

.GqueB.

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I did notice last night in Beamber's room that, having played on both sides of the imbalanced equation, one team communicated a lot more than another or at least formed squads better. I think teams will have more success and matches will be more enjoyable if groups focus on making squads at the outset. I have learned in other games that a well balanced squad of 4 people can sometimes overcome the numbers of an opposing team simply by outplaying them.
I always wanna start squads but I die WAY too much. There would never be anyone to spawn on lol. But yea I agree, squads are way too key in this game. They should be utilized more. If only for the spawn aspect.

When you spawn on your squad leader you usually face where hes facing so youre automatically in the action. Tacticians are never any good at throwing down spawn points. More often than not I spawn facing a wall or a pile of sandbags.

oneHeero

.GqueB. said:
I always wanna start squads but I die WAY too much. There would never be anyone to spawn on lol. But yea I agree, squads are way too key in this game. They should be utilized more. If only for the spawn aspect.

When you spawn on your squad leader you usually face where hes facing so youre automatically in the action. Tacticians are never any good at throwing down spawn points. More often than not I spawn facing a wall or a pile of sandbags.
I'm a badass tact, I always face the wall when I throwdown my spawn nade. No one ever plays tact, I start games out as a tact so w eget the ball going, than I switch over so sabo/scout depending on the map.

.GqueB.

Banned
oneHeero said:
I'm a badass tact, I always face the wall when I throwdown my spawn nade. No one ever plays tact, I start games out as a tact so w eget the ball going, than I switch over so sabo/scout depending on the map.
I actually wanted to switch to tact last night when I unlocked it (because Im tired of all the lame spawn points) but you dont get any points for throwing those things down. And Im not that good at killin either so I wont get points for that. So in the end Id look like an asshole with 15 or so points. Noooo thanks.

I was gonna switch to engineer but I dont like using the shotty so thats out. Im sticking with my self healing medic. Only other class Im considering is the Saboteur with the healing as secondary. Id never touch the scout. I always feel like kind of an asshole when I snipe in games so I rarely touch them. :lol

andycapps

.GqueB. said:

A lot of times when I form squads I play a lot more conservatively and try to stay alive a little bit more than if I was just a squad member. Because if I'm a squad leader and stay alive close to the action and take some people out when possible, I can keep my guys close to the action which keeps me alive.

Not saying I don't do anything, I just don't play as recklessly when I'm a squad leader or they'll never be able to spawn on me since I'm dead.

Lince

Banned
Loudninja said:
I got the Valor Grand Cross :D

congrats mate :D I got it too but I should have known beforehand that being in the top 4000 was enough, I played a lot to rank in the top 1000 becasue I thought that was the requirement for the trophy... oh well.

oneHeero

.GqueB. said:
I actually wanted to switch to tact last night when I unlocked it (because Im tired of all the lame spawn points) but you dont get any points for throwing those things down. And Im not that good at killin either so I wont get points for that. So in the end Id look like an asshole with 15 or so points. Noooo thanks.

I was gonna switch to engineer but I dont like using the shotty so thats out. Im sticking with my self healing medic. Only other class Im considering is the Saboteur with the healing as secondary. Id never touch the scout. I always feel like kind of an asshole when I snipe in games so I rarely touch them. :lol
Try engineer and just pick up a different gun, its what I do sometimes(unless teams are uneven or we in search and destroy than I use shotty).

I like sniping, its soothing for real. Saluman/Phyrrus are the best to snipe on.

Rogosh

dazed808 said:
I'm doing the same thing - we must both be blind!:lol

Just click on the name. There should be an option to send a PM from there.

And to keep this in topic, is it strange that after a string of pistols only matches to unlock the M4, I now have this strange desire to go back to pistol matches on Radic Academy? I love the M4.

.GqueB.

Banned
andycapps said:
A lot of times when I form squads I play a lot more conservatively and try to stay alive a little bit more than if I was just a squad member. Because if I'm a squad leader and stay alive close to the action and take some people out when possible, I can keep my guys close to the action which keeps me alive.

Not saying I don't do anything, I just don't play as recklessly when I'm a squad leader or they'll never be able to spawn on me since I'm dead.
Thats my issue personally. Conservative play. I hate being the dude on the bottom so I often charge into battle like a fool no matter how much Im aware its a bad idea. I remember last night we were playing on Tharsis and I ran off alone to flank the other team and I got over there, killed two of them and then found myself surrounded by like 5 enemies... so I just pulled the pin out of my grenade, held it, yelled "die ISA scum!" and hoped for the best.

I always start off pretty conservative though. Hugging walls, not running into open areas, watching my radar etc etc then about half way through it all that all goes to shite.

M3Freak

Banned
Holy shit. I must be getting old. I simply cannot get into the multiplayer because there is no party system. WTF is wrong with me?!

Here I thought the old R:FoM clan would be back together, but it isn't happening. Why don't online multiplayer games have party systems like R:FoM did? Why? Do devs hate it? What's actually wrong with it? I always thought it was awesome and made getting into games dead fucking easy.

::skakes fist::

oneHeero

.GqueB. said:
Thats my issue personally. Conservative play. I hate being the dude on the bottom so I often charge into battle like a fool no matter how much Im aware its a bad idea. I remember last night we were playing on Tharsis and I ran off alone to flank the other team and I got over there, killed two of them and then found myself surrounded by like 5 enemies... so I just pulled the pin out of my grenade, held it, yelled "die ISA scum!" and hoped for the best.

I always start off pretty conservative though. Hugging walls, not running into open areas, watching my radar etc etc then about half way through it all that all goes to shite.
Sabotuer is for you than. Run into packs undetected and take out 2-4 people. Especially if you flank them.

KZObsessed

FoxhoundNL said:
Ok, found him. Now my next question is: How do I PM him?:lol

Am I really that blind, or is there no option to do so?

Click on his name and to the right it says CONTACT ME. Then click on send private message. :p

Q-bert

Banned
.GqueB. said:

I dont see tactician you would select and then stay in for a prolonged period of time. I view them basically as a spawn point delivery vehicle.

This is what I was doing a lot last night:
  1. switch to tactician, place non-lame spawn point
  2. switch to engineer, place turret(s) until no more turrets available
  3. switch to medic until turrets or spawn point needed

Yeah, I die a lot.

hteng

Banned
i played a 2 vs 17 match, i said wtf and go assault, got a quad kill with the rocket launcher :D, damn stupid unbalance teams

Tom Penny said:
How do you know how long you are disguised for as a Saboteur? I swear people can see me even far way.
You are disguised indefinitely until you shoot at someone on the other team or they shoot at you. They can tell its you from a distance if they have their cross hair on you and it turns red. Also Disguised characters look slightly different from regular ones.

Edit: You also still show up on their radar as an enemy.

.GqueB.

Banned
oneHeero said:
Sabotuer is for you than. Run into packs undetected and take out 2-4 people. Especially if you flank them.
Yea Im really curious about that class. Definitely aiming for that plus the healing from the medic as secondary.

Is the disguise timed at all? How does that work?

Q-bert said:
I dont see tactician you would select and then stay in for a prolonged period of time. I view them basically as a spawn point delivery vehicle.

This is what I was doing a lot last night:
  1. switch to tactician, place non-lame spawn point
  2. switch to engineer, place turret(s) until no more turrets available
  3. switch to medic until turrets or spawn point needed

Yeah, I die a lot.
I may steal this strategy. I die a lot already anyways :lol

Boss Man

I want to use the assault badge on my tactician so I can boost across maps and throw down spawn points, but it's almost impossible to get those air support ribbons. Only 2/8 so far, and I don't even know how I managed the two that I have. You have to get 5 kills in a game with those weak ass flying sentry bots...

Question: Can you heal yourself with health packs as a medic? I realized just yesterday that you can actually use the medic gun on enemies... Not usually the healing type, but medic seems cool.

patsu

M3Freak said:
Holy shit. I must be getting old. I simply cannot get into the multiplayer because there is no party system. WTF is wrong with me?!

Here I thought the old R:FoM clan would be back together, but it isn't happening. Why don't online multiplayer games have party systems like R:FoM did? Why? Do devs hate it? What's actually wrong with it? I always thought it was awesome and made getting into games dead fucking easy.

::skakes fist::

:lol Well, there's still R2 (and I have been levelling up :p)

So you guys are not playing every night on KZ2 now ?

This game is so incredibly awesome and unpredictable online. When I play in some of the GAF GAMEs, I am always in the middle of my team or lower, no matter my KD Ratio. It can be frustrating cause all of you are so good.

Last night, shadowdarkness90 and I got into a Body Count game, and we were absolutely owning. I was the number one player on my team a couple of times, number 1 player overall a couple of times, shadowdarkness90 and I were 1 and 2 in the two or so full games we played together.

I scored like 100 points in 3 straight games each and I had never scored 100 points before. I then realized, all the GAF games that I labor through against all you Killheads, are making me a complete and totally efficient player in about every other game outside of the GAF games. The competition is not even close. You can have Generals running around all over the place and its just a number, cause they have no skill. I am far from the best player in every game I play outside of GAF Games, but I am near the top many times, which is good for me.

Thanks GAFFERS. Thanks for the frustration you cause me nearly every other evening. Thank you for when I log into a random game, I start totally destroying everyone out of the frustration that builds in the GAF games. The GAF games are difficult, fun, and the perfect training ground.

PSN: Filth_Flannigan

Aladuf

Banned
Spot and Mark.. <3

That is so fucking useful, I finally unlocked it after our matches last night and I used it a bit after that. Pyyrhus will never be the same, watch out you invisible snipers
especially you, F1nestOne.. you were getting my invisible ass pretty good last night on there
. :D

Also, I'm with Beamber regarding the team balancing, if we're getting lopsided matches by about 4-5 people at times then our group will just play Helghast. Seems like it could work out. *shrugs*

Nightz

StateofMind said:
I want to use the assault badge on my tactician so I can boost across maps and throw down spawn points, but it's almost impossible to get those air support ribbons. Only 2/8 so far, and I don't even know how I managed the two that I have. You have to get 5 kills in a game with those weak ass flying sentry bots...
Yeah I have the same issue with that stupid air support badge, freaking pain in the butt. I'm only 1/8. Maybe we can start a private game and help each other out. ;)

mintylurb

.GqueB. said:
Yea Im really curious about that class. Definitely aiming for that plus the healing from the medic as secondary.

I may steal this strategy. I die a lot already anyways :lol
Haha, I should try that as well!. Btw, if your squad leader is someone named teepo..you might as well stop trying..such an incompetent fool!!

Tom Penny

Hellsing321 said:
You are disguised indefinitely until you shoot at someone on the other team or they shoot at you. They can tell its you from a distance if they have their cross hair on you and it turns red. Also Disguised characters look slightly different from regular ones.

Edit: You also still show up on their radar as an enemy.

You mean if you look at them? If they never see you how are you on the radar?

Aladuf

Banned
.GqueB. said:

You're disguised until about 2 seconds after you shoot someone on the other team. Your disguise can go away too if you get hit by their gunfire or I believe if they aim on you for a couple of seconds.

Epic fucking class but I couldn't use it at all last night for some reason, I went Scout for most of the night and actually wound up doing pretty decent. I had some positive K/D in the GAF matches for once. Luckily, I'm figuring out the hipshot/blindfire on the Sniper rifle pretty well too, so that helped me out in tight spots when some people would rush me.

3rdamention said:
I scored like 100 points in 3 straight games each and I had never scored 100 points before. I then realized, all the GAF games that I labor through against all you Killheads, are making me a complete and totally efficient player in about every other game outside of the GAF games.
Same happens to me, in the GAF games I'm usually about halfway down on the scoreboards and then I hit up a random match and it's top 3 most of the time. I think if you go into random matches like that and have actually managed to build up any tactics during our GAF games, then wiping out the people who just run around carelessly shooting is like a walk in the park compared to our guys.

-viper-

Banned
hteng said:
i played a 2 vs 17 match, i said wtf and go assault, got a quad kill with the rocket launcher :D, damn stupid unbalance teams
I was also in a similar game like this, except it was like 6 vs 14 on Blood Gratch. I managed to get 60 kills thanks to the rocket launcher!

p.s. Yay top 6%

Didn't really expect to get anything given that I haven't played online too much this week.

oneHeero

Aladuf said:
Spot and Mark.. <3

That is so fucking useful, I finally unlocked it after our matches last night and I used it a bit after that. Pyyrhus will never be the same, watch out you invisible snipers
especially you, F1nestOne.. you were getting my invisible ass pretty good last night on there
. :D

Also, I'm with Beamber regarding the team balancing, if we're getting lopsided matches by about 4-5 people at times then our group will just play Helghast. Seems like it could work out. *shrugs*
OMG I'm so glad you got the spot and mark. Welcome to the club and enjoy sniping at its fullest(unless you dont have 5x zoom). We exchanged quite a few snipes last night, spot and mark <3 for big maps and invincible snipers. If you see the target but no one there, dont think just shot, more than likely they are invincible.

Thanks GAFFERS. Thanks for the frustration you cause me nearly every other evening. Thank you for when I log into a random game, I start totally destroying everyone out of the frustration that builds in the GAF games. The GAF games are difficult, fun, and the perfect training ground.

Oh, so your Filth Flannigan! You were a pain in my ass last night lol ggs!

:p top 6% fuck. I played way more this week and that's it. I can go a few more weeks, then I won't have the time. If I can't get 1% over spring break then that will be it.

.GqueB.

Banned
3rdamention said:
This game is so incredibly awesome and unpredictable online. When I play in some of the GAF GAMEs, I am always in the middle of my team or lower, no matter my KD Ratio. It can be frustrating cause all of you are so good.

Last night, shadowdarkness90 and I got into a Body Count game, and we were absolutely owning. I was the number one player on my team a couple of times, number 1 player overall a couple of times, shadowdarkness90 and I were 1 and 2 in the two or so full games we played together.

I scored like 100 points in 3 straight games each and I had never scored 100 points before. I then realized, all the GAF games that I labor through against all you Killheads, are making me a complete and totally efficient player in about every other game outside of the GAF games. The competition is not even close. You can have Generals running around all over the place and its just a number, cause they have no skill. I am far from the best player in every game I play outside of GAF Games, but I am near the top many times, which is good for me.

Snipey mcflannigan. This is your new nickname snipey mcflannigan. I forget what map it was but I remember seeing your name quite the bit last night.

I also second this post. I only really play with gaffers but when I go back to play with my class I find that I do A LOT better. Its apparent that people dont quite have a handle on the controls down at my level. I can often see them standing still trying to get a shot on me and by that time theyre faces are already eating my bullets.

Playing with you mofos require a certain handle of the controls.

Aladuf

Banned
oneHeero said:
OMG I'm so glad you got the spot and mark. Welcome to the club and enjoy sniping at its fullest(unless you dont have 5x zoom). We exchanged quite a few snipes last night, spot and mark <3 for big maps and invincible snipers. If you see the target but no one there, dont think just shot, more than likely they are invincible.
Hell yeah, I've got the full package now. 5x zoom, improved scope, and now spot and mark. Sniping in this game is so damn good, the fact that the kills are so satisfying and that I was able to work myself up to those badges and improve my rifle that much... good times.

It's gonna be a whole new ballgame on those big maps tonight. I can't wait.

-viper-

Banned
BobTheFork said:
:p top 6% fuck. I played way more this week and that's it. I can go a few more weeks, then I won't have the time. If I can't get 1% over spring break then that will be it.
Should be easier to get Top 1% in a couple of months.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
-viper- said:

How so? I'd imagine now that it's most popular and you have the most people playing it'd be easiest.

oneHeero

Aladuf said:
Hell yeah, I've got the full package now. 5x zoom, improved scope, and now spot and mark. Sniping in this game is so damn good, the fact that the kills are so satisfying and that I was able to work myself up to those badges and improve my rifle that much... good times.

It's gonna be a whole new ballgame on those big maps tonight. I can't wait.
Saluman and Phyrrus are such good maps for Engineer/Scout. On Phyruss I tend to go Tact than Engin than Scout.

I look forward to more sniper duels against you!

-viper- said:
??? you mean WAY harder. The only reason I can get this high without playing all day is because that allot of people suck and/or don't play allot. In a few weeks all that will be left is teh hardcore, making it much harder IMO

Rikyfree

All I have to say is goddamn do I LOVE being a medic-engineer. I just love giving ammo to mah peeps then reviving them. Absolutely love it.

:D

gantz85

Banned
SnakeXs said:
How so? I'd imagine now that it's most popular and you have the most people playing it'd be easiest.

Theory is when the next hot-shooter comes out the best shooter players drift off to that one.

Population gets lower.

Heck, play Killzone 2 in three years when Killzone 3 is out and you should be able to get top 1% with abit of effort :D

.GqueB. said:
Snipey mcflannigan. This is your new nickname snipey mcflannigan. I forget what map it was but I remember seeing your name quite the bit last night.

I also second this post. I only really play with gaffers but when I go back to play with my class I find that I do A LOT better. Its apparent that people dont quite have a handle on the controls down at my level. I can often see them standing still trying to get a shot on me and by that time theyre faces are already eating my bullets.

Playing with you mofos require a certain handle of the controls.

Yeah, I was sniping a lot last night. I finished last most of the time on my team, cause I just unlocked the Sniper Rifle and was trying to figure it all out. Heck, I was only getting like 5-6 snipes a game just sitting and waiting for you guys to run in front of me, then boom. So I was NOT getting a lot of points. The Scout is such an awesome class. People just run past you, you can easily take "zones" in capture and hold. So awesome. I just need more practice and to unlock the Spot and Mark ability. I was wondering why Snipers could snipe me when I was invisible.

I assume Spot and Mark marks even hidden snipers?

oneHeero said:

Oh, so your Filth Flannigan! You were a pain in my ass last night lol ggs!

I was finding a lot of the good players last night. I think I got Click 3 times in one match at his own game, Sabetour. I would watch him sneak up on my own teammates, and as he would kill them, I would shoot him. Pretty awesome.

However, I was still low in points in the GAF Game last night cause I was far too conservative. The SCOUT and Sabetour Classes make me so conservative sometimes. I almost play kinda nervous or something. I haven't had my heart race like this since pulling the knife on someone as a Spy in Team Fortress on Half Life 1.

Barrett2

When I logged in just now it told me I got the "Valor Medal."

Thats just how I roll, top 6% mofo. :D

Damn, it also gave me two Trophies: Honor Medal & Honor Citation!

Rikyfree said:
All I have to say is goddamn do I LOVE being a medic-engineer. I just love giving ammo to mah peeps then reviving them. Absolutely love it.

:D

This is my plan too. I function far better as support in FPS'.

.GqueB.

Banned
3rdamention said:
Yeah, I was sniping a lot last night. I finished last most of the time on my team, cause I just unlocked the Sniper Rifle and was trying to figure it all out. Heck, I was only getting like 5-6 snipes a game just sitting and waiting for you guys to run in front of me, then boom. So I was NOT getting a lot of points. The Scout is such an awesome class. People just run past you, you can easily take "zones" in capture and hold. So awesome. I just need more practice and to unlock the Spot and Mark ability. I was wondering why Snipers could snipe me when I was invisible.

I assume Spot and Mark marks even hidden snipers?

Yeah
Well I mustve been about a good 4 or 5 of those kills lol.

Quick question. Only two badges I want for my secondary are the health packs from the medic and the boost from the assault (I think). If Assault is [rightfully] blocked in the Gaf games will it prevent me from using that skill as a secondary?

krypt0nian said:
This is my plan too. I function far better as support in FPS'.
Same here. I cant stay alive worth shit. This is why I may try tactician tonight. See how that goes.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
gantz85 said:
Theory is when the next hot-shooter comes out the best shooter players drift off to that one.

Population gets lower.

Heck, play Killzone 2 in three years when Killzone 3 is out and you should be able to get top 1% with abit of effort :D

Not really. So few people playing = so few 1st percentile spots. And if people are still playing in that long, they're probably not shitty and know what they're doing.

Top Bottom