• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Zen

Banned
Rorschach said:
Institute a 4 player limit on engineers and give them one turret each that they could dismantle/prop up as they please. Not like the 5th engineer would be useful, anyway and he wouldn't get many chances to put something up.

I was just thinking about something similar whilst being an engineer.

On a similar note, I was a tactician on a team with a tactician who would hog all of the spawn points. What he'd do is place them in a semi 'ok' location, and just wait around at the spot 'snipping' a new ones whenever they came it, and when he did place them in a decent spot we'd be spawning in facing backwards etc.

ARG.

kitch9

Banned
Thrakier said:
What I don't like about the MP is the lag when killing someone. The chirp very often comes late, also the animations are dealyed. If it doesn't work very good just get rid of it GG. Everything feels a bit...don't know, it's just not spot on.

Thats because of the uhm, you know?......... Lag........

Its the internets and you can't expect GG to fix that......Play games closer to home.....

Grayman

Rorschach said:
Go to the "factions" tab and press x.

The problem is that most maps are too small for that. A "ticket" system would be cool, though. That would reward objectives, kills, and keeping your team mates alive. Maybe they'll release some larger maps later on that actually support 32 player combat well.

Part of the problem in the current maps is that, even though there are some large maps, 40% of the areas are unused. You'll never see a single battle in those areas and the choke points are the same every time you play the maps.
True, the market map and phyruss are actually probably smaller than the smallest versions of BF2 maps. They do have a choke point focus as well, in games that really feel big you can gunfight anywhere.

Grayman

kitch9 said:
Thats because of the uhm, you know?......... Lag........

Its the internets and you can't expect GG to fix that......Play games closer to home.....
They give you no way to find a game closer to home. Yes that is their fucking fault, fix this shit gg :lol

Even their choice of p2p does not explain the longer waits for death though. You can probably ping the moon faster than the death chirp sometimes.

So I finally unlocked the Assault class tonight. Played one game with it. Is this some kind of joke? I get a grenade launcher, bonus armor, and this crazy boost??? How can this possibly be fair? In my only game as an Assault, I wound up in 1st and put down 70 some-odd points. I wasn't even trying to play intelligently either lol. I was just bumrushing groups of people guns blazing, and more often than not I put at least one or two people down. I even used the boost to catch some people unawares: booked it halfway across the map (we were playing the desert map), and blindsided some dude with melee before he knew what was going on. Unreal. This class is ridiculous...

kitch9

Banned
Grayman said:
They give you no way to find a game closer to home. Yes that is their fucking fault, fix this shit gg :lol

Even their choice of p2p does not explain the longer waits for death though. You can probably ping the moon faster than the death chirp sometimes.

Can't say I've noticed anything outside of the normal behaviour of internet based games.

I tend to look for games with UK in the title as they tend to be the best for me, but I was playing on US servers last night with few issues either. I did keep randomly dieing on one server for no reason though, has anybody else had that?

Grayman

kitch9 said:
Can't say I've noticed anything outside of the normal behaviour of internet based games.

I tend to look for games with UK in the title as they tend to be the best for me, but I was playing on US servers last night with few issues either. I did keep randomly dieing on one server for no reason though, has anybody else had that?
The game is fine to play but there can be a noticeable delay before the chirp sound. The fact that double kills happen at all with bullet based guns is abnormal compared to other games.

Dante

What an off night soooooo many close games. I am glad I made tactician, and my spawn points seem to be getting a lot of hits. I think up to this point my fav class is the engineer.

YoungHav

Banned
Thrakier said:
What I don't like about the MP is the lag when killing someone. The chirp very often comes late, also the animations are dealyed. If it doesn't work very good just get rid of it GG. Everything feels a bit...don't know, it's just not spot on.
The death chirp can't and won't leave (unless fanboys spam forums for its removal). If they get rid of the chirp I am selling my copy.

Could an elite well balanced team defeat a team full of solely Assault class?

Eccocid

i wonder how would game me if there was an option to turn off those helhghast red and ISA blue light effects...So far its so easy to shoot down an enemy from other side of the map with default rifle.

Grayman

YoungHav said:
The death chirp can't and won't leave (unless fanboys spam forums for its removal). If they get rid of the chirp I am selling my copy.

Could an elite well balanced team defeat a team full of solely Assault class?
Well they drop in one headshot like everyone else so if the balanced team was really good at that they would have a great chance. Without a tactician the assaults wouldn't win objectives. I have not got to assault yet but I would guess that extra armor and boosting beat out turrets, revives, c4, and cloaking as far as usefulness.

I think the class abilities of KZ2 are more muted than some other class based team games(ie old tf, tribes). Success in KZ2 still comes down to winning firefights with your guns and sometimes the class doesn't play into it at all.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Eccocid said:
i wonder how would game me if there was an option to turn off those helhghast red and ISA blue light effects...So far its so easy to shoot down an enemy from other side of the map with default rifle.

Tell them to stop standing still

J-Rzez said:
Excellent, thanks for the revolver comments. Guess i'm going to have to kill my K/D ratio to get it :(
Not necessarily. There's a few pistol only games out there.. Join those and be in the same boat as everyone else.

Rapping Granny said:
2h4e449.jpg

I <3 turrets!

I'm definitely not a fan of turrets. Especially when they headshot me and kill me in two seconds..

Everdred

How long is taking you guys to finish the singleplayer campain?

I'm playing on the Normal difficulty and I have just the final level left. My game time right now is only 4 hours and 35 minutes, taking me 20-30 minutes a level. Is this normal? I thought this was a 8-9 hour game.

DoomGyver

strange_booj said:

I'm playing on the Normal difficulty and I have just the final level left. My game time right now is only 4 hours and 35 minutes, taking me 20-30 minutes a level. Is this normal? I thought this was a 8-9 hour game.
Yes sadly, I beat it on veteran in about 6 hours and 30 minutes.

Hopefully killzone 3 is double that length.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
strange_booj said:

That's probably a tad faster than an average first time Normal playthrough. I finished in about an hour more than that.

Eccocid

strange_booj said:

wow thats fast for me...i had played around 7 hours to reach the final level, tho i had died a lot especially in last few levels :(

strange_booj said:

well, imo you ruined the experience by playing it on normal. you're obviously good enough for veteran.

Eccocid

McLovin said:
It is an awesome class... try medic with boost for some real fun :D

havent unlocked boost yet :(

i guess it wll be easier to get points with medic now, i see my team mates as endless point resources now lol!

-Winnie-

Eccocid said:
havent unlocked boost yet :(

i guess it wll be easier to get points with medic now, i see my team mates as endless point resources now lol!

I dunno whether it's just me, but I could use Boost before I even unlocked the Assault badge.
Just go to your character tab, go to the secondary badge and press right to select another badge and you could be lucky. :D

JB1981

I simply don't agree with the people who dislike friendly fire. Yes, it can suck for Search and Destroy on a map like Blood Gracht but it will suck EQUALLY for both teams if both teams spray all over the place and team kill. I personally thought FF on Radec Academy worked out beautifully when we had like 16 players. People should use their bots more rather than nade spamming and find other ways to defend .... everyone is just so accustomed to playing with friendly fire off that they need time to adjust.

I also fully agree with everything TTP posted - points need to be awarded for placing good spawn points, reviving the assassination target, capturing an area in capture and hold, defusing an armed bomb etc. There is little incentive to do these things when you get no points, that's why a lot of people lay back and just try to up their k/d ratio.

shadowsdarknes said:
I'm definitely not a fan of turrets. Especially when they headshot me and kill me in two seconds..
Bad turret placement gets the placer zero kills while good turret placement gets a lot. It's actually a bit challenging to figure out a good spot for them, it's very dependent on the map and particular mission going on at the time. The market map is a great one because of that central are where all the fighting concentrates in. It's large and open, and it's fairly easy for a turret off to the side to get a lot of opportunistic kills on targets who are hurt from a firefight against another player.

They're almost useless in close quarters maps a lot of the time.

My biggest issue is that other engineers on my own team will blow up my turrets just so they can place their own due to the numerical limit of how many can be working at any time.

Justin Dailey said:
Why don't medics get points for revives?
You do. You'll get +1 when the player's back on his/her feet. It takes a second, and I think you don't get points if they're shot and killed between the time you shock them back to life and when they're fully battle ready.

jmd494

Winterblink said:
You do. You'll get +1 when the player's back on his/her feet. It takes a second, and I think you don't get points if they're shot and killed between the time you shock them back to life and when they're fully battle ready.
Really...I just unlocked medic and I could have sworn I was getting no points...must have been the delay.

Justin Dailey said:
Really...I just unlocked medic and I could have sworn I was getting no points...must have been the delay.
I've lost a few points by healing someone just as a nade lands by them. It sucks, but you just have to keep an eye out and make sure your patient isn't going to wake up with bullets flying past his head. People often get pretty pissed about that too, you getting +1 points for waking them up, them getting +1 death for dying right away. Stats whores. :)

Crackers

Neo Member
Justin Dailey said:

You definitely get 1 point for a revive. I don't think you get any for health packs though, which seems a bit harsh.

Crackers said:
You definitely get 1 point for a revive. I don't think you get any for health packs though, which seems a bit harsh.
The recharge time on those is really low though, would be way too easy to points whore with them. At any rate you get the ribbons for healing your teammates pretty easy, thus the badge that lets you swap the medic ability into another class. Not so bad of a tradeoff.

Besides in any match there's plenty of bodies to revive, so points galore.

AwRy108

Justin Dailey said:

Yeah, the point doesn't always register immediately--I think the revived person has to be back on their feet and moving before the point is official.

Crackers

Neo Member
Winterblink said:
The recharge time on those is really low though, would be way too easy to points whore with them. At any rate you get the ribbons for healing your teammates pretty easy, thus the badge that lets you swap the medic ability into another class. Not so bad of a tradeoff.

Besides in any match there's plenty of bodies to revive, so points galore.

True. It would be nice to get some points for using the health packs (or spawn points for tacticians). Something like for every 5 team mates you healed or used your spawn point you would get a point. Otherwise, past getting the ribbons, where's the incentive apart from being a good team player?

Melfice7

Damn since the beta i forgot how much i didn't like the color pallete when i'm cloaked, i love most of the maps looks and have them all blue is .. meh

Eccocid

JB1981 said:
I simply don't agree with the people who dislike friendly fire. Yes, it can suck for Search and Destroy on a map like Blood Gracht but it will suck EQUALLY for both teams if both teams spray all over the place and team kill. I personally thought FF on Radec Academy worked out beautifully when we had like 16 players. People should use their bots more rather than nade spamming and find other ways to defend .... everyone is just so accustomed to playing with friendly fire off that they need time to adjust.

I also fully agree with everything TTP posted - points need to be awarded for placing good spawn points, reviving the assassination target, capturing an area in capture and hold, defusing an armed bomb etc. There is little incentive to do these things when you get no points, that's why a lot of people lay back and just try to up their k/d ratio.

I really enjoy MP games more when they have Friendly Fire enabled. Makes the game more fun imo.

The m82 is my favourite weapon, it just feels so good to shoot, so im gonna stick with assault as my primary... can I have a medic badge secondarily? What level would i obtain it at?

andycapps

Great games last night guys! To Denogginizer, sorry I kept dying left and right! :lol I can't wait until I rank up to Engineer class, but I wish the sentries were more powerful like in TF2 where they could totally destroy anything that comes in their range.

Got disconnected from the GAF game twice, ended up going into some public games after that and was having some major lag issues and heard everyone else talking about it as well so may have been on GG's end.

JB1981

pseudocaesar said:
The m82 is my favourite weapon, it just feels so good to shoot, so im gonna stick with assault as my primary... can I have a medic badge secondarily? What level would i obtain it at?
Is it more or does the Hig assault rifle in SP pack a greater punch?

Everdred

Always-honest said:
well, imo you ruined the experience by playing it on normal. you're obviously good enough for veteran.
Well I feel like Normal is the way the game was meant to be played. I usually play on normal the first time through and then go onto harder difficulties. The only games I go straight to hard are Halos and Ninja Gaidens.

icechai

JB1981 said:
Is it more or does the Hig assault rifle in SP pack a greater punch?

HG assault rifle in MP was tweaked I think, has more in the clip and faster firing rate but they made the bullets weaker, hence no one uses it

strange_booj said:
Well I feel like Normal is the way the game was meant to be played. I usually play on normal the first time through and then go onto harder difficulties. The only games I go straight to hard are Halos and Ninja Gaidens.
yeah, but you're an experienced player (come on, Ninja Gaiden on hard..). veteran made every battle epic (elite is too frustrating for me).

andycapps

icechai said:
HG assault rifle in MP was tweaked I think, has more in the clip and faster firing rate but they made the bullets weaker, hence no one uses it

I use it, I love that gun. *Insert Kittonwy's angry face here* I like that it has more in the clip and I think it's plenty powerful. I only use the M82 on Pyrhrus Rise (sp?) and other large maps as the Hig assault rifle is useless on those. It's powerful but inaccurate at longer ranges.

rass

strange_booj said:

it took me nearly 9 hours on normal :( no wonder people are kickin my ass in multi

i unlocked saboteur just before and played a couple of rounds, i love it haha, terrible with him but i do enjoy it. I snuck up on the assassination target in tharsis depot 32 player and meleed him hahaha. Satisfaction.

So is it confirmed that the weekly honor ranks are awarded at the end of the week, on Sunday? Seems to be when a few people in this thread got theirs.

Currently #66 thousand or so, am going to try to at least make it to top 4%.

peetfeet

Winterblink said:
Bad turret placement gets the placer zero kills while good turret placement gets a lot. It's actually a bit challenging to figure out a good spot for them, it's very dependent on the map and particular mission going on at the time. The market map is a great one because of that central are where all the fighting concentrates in. It's large and open, and it's fairly easy for a turret off to the side to get a lot of opportunistic kills on targets who are hurt from a firefight against another player.

They're almost useless in close quarters maps a lot of the time.

My biggest issue is that other engineers on my own team will blow up my turrets just so they can place their own due to the numerical limit of how many can be working at any time.

Yeah, thats happened a couple of times for me, they'll blow mine then build their own right next to it, I was swearing that much at the time i didn't think to do the same when he dissapeared round the corner! Good job my headset is shit and i wasn't using it.

Top Bottom