• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Dyno

SINGLE PLAYER ASSISTANCE

I tried for an hour to beat the 'Radec Room' in the palace. Any tips for surviving that fight?

peetfeet said:
Yeah, thats happened a couple of times for me, they'll blow mine then build their own right next to it, I was swearing that much at the time i didn't think to do the same when he dissapeared round the corner! Good job my headset is shit and i wasn't using it.
Aw hell I was getting so ticked it was happening that I did that to one guy who did just as you described: blew mine up, built his right next. As soon as he was a safe distance away I shot it to pieces. Later I saw an engineer walk up to my turret and I'm thinking oh shit he's going to blow it up... nope, he repaired it. Nice contrast in play styles. :)

Dyno said:
SINGLE PLAYER ASSISTANCE
I tried for an hour to beat the 'Radec Room' in the palace. Any tips for surviving that fight?
What part is causing you problems?

When a specialty class is unlocked in online, are both the primary and secondary badges unlocked at the same time? I just got my medic badge or whatever yesterday and can't seem to figure out how to throw health packs.

Crackers

Neo Member
Gorechylde said:
When a specialty class is unlocked in online, are both the primary and secondary badges unlocked at the same time? I just got my medic badge or whatever yesterday and can't seem to figure out how to throw health packs.

You need to get your revive medal first (8 revive ribbons)

Crackers said:
You need to get your revive medal first (8 revive ribbons)

Ah. Thanks. How exactly do I get revive ribbons? I try to revive everyone I can. Do I have to get like, 10 a match or something? Thanks for your help.

Kolgar

Gorechylde said:
Ah. Thanks. How exactly do I get revive ribbons? I try to revive everyone I can. Do I have to get like, 10 a match or something? Thanks for your help.

I think you have to heal five teammates in eight games to earn the health packs.

Gorechylde said:
Five per match for one ribbon. And I think you can only get one per match, but it's not hard to get it... there's a lot of people dying all over the place :)

Crackers

Neo Member
Rorschach said:
Is there any way to turn off rumble? Shock axis players at a slight disadvantage because of aiming. :'(

I think you get the option if you hold the PS button? I haven't brought up that menu since in-game XMB was put in, but I think the option is still there.

F#A#Oo

Banned
adversesolutions said:
So is it confirmed that the weekly honor ranks are awarded at the end of the week, on Sunday? Seems to be when a few people in this thread got theirs.

Currently #66 thousand or so, am going to try to at least make it to top 4%.

Yeah...well really Monday 12am-3am GMT...but yeah try getting all your points before 12am really as they lock the stats at some point.

Rorschach

Crackers said:
I think you get the option if you hold the PS button? I haven't brought up that menu since in-game XMB was put in, but I think the option is still there.
Cool, thanks. Forgot about that even though that's what I use to turn it off. For some reason, it wasn't working through "accessory settings" in the xmb.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
JB1981 said:
Some really lopsided games tonight :lol

Didn't have as much fun tonight as I usually do, something about the flow. I actually quite like Friendly Fire for Search and Destroy. I got a lot of hate texts on XMB for it, but oh well ... can't please everybody. I like how people take a little more care with their shots with FF on. FF was on by default in the beta. IMO multiplayer was designed with FF in mind. It's the way GG meant for the game to be played.
ALL FPS multiplayer should be played with FF on IMO.

peetfeet

Winterblink said:
Aw hell I was getting so ticked it was happening that I did that to one guy who did just as you described: blew mine up, built his right next. As soon as he was a safe distance away I shot it to pieces. Later I saw an engineer walk up to my turret and I'm thinking oh shit he's going to blow it up... nope, he repaired it. Nice contrast in play styles. :)

The turrets could do with being ever so slightly more lethal in my opinion, especially as they are so easy to destroy.
I'd like the ammo repair to work a little differently too, make it so the ammo can be repaired and both teams can use it. The twist being that if an opposing player tries to use it or maybe even just goes in to a close proximity the Engineer that repaired it is notified on screen. He can either let his team mates know or trigger the ammo pile to self destruct :D

methane47

Saboteurs are so much more deadly when FF is on.. people actually have to make sure you're a baddy before taking the shot..

and i hate sabs

Dyno

Winterblink said:
What part is causing you problems?

The second part, when the balcony doors open and the new waves of troops start coming. Eventually rocket launcher dudes make an appearance and I die. Where should I be stationed in that room?

peetfeet

Dyno said:
The second part, when the balcony doors open and the new waves of troops start coming. Eventually rocket launcher dudes make an appearance and I die. Where should I be stationed in that room?

Join the club lol

cameltoe

andycapps said:
Very much agree with this. Does away with spray and pray and random grenades going off constantly. It really encourages teamwork.

but thats the point, its doesnt do away with those things. Most dont give a shit at all and just spray. I play as a medic so I can heal myself, fucking teammates constantly shooting me...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Wow, the RPG whoring is worst than it was in early Resistance FoM online.:lol

anyways, my aiming have gotten much better, the game is getting more fun, threw in 3 hours yesterday. I still think its too frustrating for beginners though.

andycapps

cameltoe said:
but thats the point, its doesnt do away with those things. Most dont give a shit at all and just spray. I play as a medic so I can heal myself, fucking teammates constantly shooting me...

I guess it just depends on who you're playing with. If you're playing public games, I agree with that. Most Gaffers I've played with are much, much better than the average player in a public game and are more mature in their playing habits. Obviously there are exceptions, but I think that everyone understands that if they go around shooting their teammates constantly, there's nothing stopping their own teammates from turning on them.

Dyno said:
Ok, here's what I ended up doing on Veteran.

On the second floor, if you go to the stairs at the left, there's some furniture there. Get your sniper rifle and peek out and try to snipe one. If he shoots a rocket, get back behind the furniture. None of them should hit you from there. In addition to that, just make sure you look for troops coming up the stairs every now and then. As soon as you take them out, work on the RPG guys again.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
cameltoe said:
Not in the GAF rooms I have played in. As a medic, I do have the luxury of reviving someone I inadvertently shoot, but all in all, having FF on keeps the game much more strategic and I like that. You have to call out corners you are covering and make sure people aren't lining up in a crossfire. *see Deniro in Ronin".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z_nTdyN6Tk&feature=PlayList&p=ABEEB0176DADC654&index=0&playnext=1

DenogginizerOS said:
Not in the GAF rooms I have played in. As a medic, I do have the luxury of reviving someone I inadvertently shoot, but all in all, having FF on keeps the game much more strategic and I like that. You have to call out corners you are covering and make sure people aren't lining up in a crossfire. *see Deniro in Ronin".

100% agreed. At first you get a lot of team fire, but after people get used to FF and the game in general it becomes far more strategic.

I unlocked the air support yesterday and that thing really seems pretty useless. Anytime I ever see an enemy's I just act like its not even there and it never kills me.

And just 1 more ribbon away from getting all 8 turret ribbons. That one has been a toughie.

I don't like the Valor trophies one bit. They might as well call them the unemployed single guy trophies, since it seems the main requirement for getting them is simply spending countless hours online slowly building up points... You can have a terrible K/D ratio, never do any missions, and still get in the top 1% if you just sit in front of the tube long enough in a given week.

Barrett2

I didn't realize how sloppy my shooting had become until I played a game yesterday with FF turned on. A first I was mowing down my teammates like it was going out of style. It really does require a lot more discipline to play with FF on.

sidenote: I am doing TERRIBLE this morning. Just ended a Body Count run with only 4 points. Just not my day, I guess. :lol

BeeDog

Currently replaying the campaign on Elite, and damn it's hard (am on level 3 now). This time around, it's also very easy to spot some obvious graphical glitches that remove some of the polish (like the dust from the Invader taking off disappearing at the start of level 2, etc.). A bit of a shame, but whatever.

Owensboro

I had good times in the Friendly Fire game last night duders. I was initially a little mad that the Assault class had been locked out (as I had just unlocked it), but after realizing FF was on I could see it was for the best. Giving me a Grenade launcher with FF on would have quickly reduced my score to the negative side of things.

Also, playing with most of you is almost disheartening. I get some awful K/D ratios when around y'all (what with my pathetic aim). Luckily I have no problem healing and reviving as a medic.

Barrett2

BeeDog said:
Currently replaying the campaign on Elite, and damn it's hard (am on level 3 now). This time around, it's also very easy to spot some obvious graphical glitches that remove some of the polish (like the dust from the Invader taking off disappearing at the start of level 2, etc.). A bit of a shame, but whatever.

For a game with such long development time, and was ready for a long time before release, it makes you wonder why they didn't fix up some of the little graphical issues. Im' still not quite used to the medic gun's low-res electricity.

DMeisterJ

Banned
lawblob said:
I didn't realize how sloppy my shooting had become until I played a game yesterday with FF turned on. A first I was mowing down my teammates like it was going out of style. It really does require a lot more discipline to play with FF on.

sidenote: I am doing TERRIBLE this morning. Just ended a Body Count run with only 4 points. Just not my day, I guess. :lol

Yeah, I had that last week. I was horrible.

kitch9

Banned
mgviperman said:
Ok, here's what I ended up doing on Veteran.

On the second floor, if you go to the stairs at the left, there's some furniture there. Get your sniper rifle and peek out and try to snipe one. If he shoots a rocket, get back behind the furniture. None of them should hit you from there. In addition to that, just make sure you look for troops coming up the stairs every now and then. As soon as you take them out, work on the RPG guys again.

Either this or go to the same place with the grenade launcher and spam the rocket launcher dudes with grenades, you WILL get them......

Negaiido said:
Why with FF on? FF sucks

Why? Don't whip grenades into groups of players, and don't spray at every character you see coming around the corner.

If your concern is other people doing likewise, just play with GAF.

Rorschach

After finally getting around to playing and finishing campaign, I have to say I agree with the Rico hate. What a shitty character.

"Get me up... mothafuckaaaaa... so I can get in your way... mothafuckaaaaaaa!"

Btw- all the
deaths and "sentimental" moments seemed shoehorned in... and so did most of the cursing. :p

Eccocid

Negaiido said:
Why with FF on? FF sucks

Well i think its more realistic and fun when its played with FF on. used to play Cod4 with hardcore mode all the time. It makes game much more exciting i think.

Rorschach said:
Btw- all the
deaths and "sentimental" moments seemed shoehorned in... and so did most of the cursing. :p

During the sentimental death scenes, I couldn't stop thinking... "So what he got shot, I can just zap him and he'll be fine... Rico has already died more than 25 times what the hell is everybody upset about?

Eccocid said:
Well i think its more realistic and fun when its played with FF on. used to play Cod4 with hardcore mode all the time. It makes game much more exciting i think.
People initially come out guns blazing and then stop pretty fucking fast when they realized they're taking a hit to their points by accidentally murdering their teammates. People are a lot more careful usually, and you tend to see less Rambo rushes.

Barrett2

ScrabbleBanshee said:
During the sentimental death scenes, I couldn't stop thinking... "So what he got shot, I can just zap him and he'll be fine... Rico has already died more than 25 times what the hell is everybody upset about?

True.

Plus, after having so many moments where Rico does stupid shit, you just don't care about him by the end. I remember having him call for help at one point, when I ran over to him he was looking out a window while a spider was biting him in the back over and over as he did nothing. WTF? :lol

andycapps

lawblob said:
For a game with such long development time, and was ready for a long time before release, it makes you wonder why they didn't fix up some of the little graphical issues. Im' still not quite used to the medic gun's low-res electricity.

Honestly I don't even notice that. I'm too busy trying to look at my radar and worrying about getting picked off while I'm reviving someone, then immediately switching to my gun so I can get back in the mix.

.GqueB.

Banned
Rorschach said:
Is there any way to turn off rumble? Shock axis players at a slight disadvantage because of aiming. :'(
Switch back to sixaxis controller if you have one. I did this when I first got it and found this game alot better to control overall. Sticks are tighter but not AS tight as the 360's. Nice healthy medium.

peetfeet said:
Yeah, thats happened a couple of times for me, they'll blow mine then build their own right next to it, I was swearing that much at the time i didn't think to do the same when he dissapeared round the corner! Good job my headset is shit and i wasn't using it.
I do destroy other engineers turrets sometimes. But only if game mode changes and the turret is placed near a capture and hold position and wont do any good there anymore or something like that.

Rorschach

:lol The other day some idiot was blowing up my turrets for no reason. He wasn't an engineer, either. That pissed me off even more. Especially since we were on defense.

.GqueB. said:
Switch back to sixaxis controller if you have one. I did this when I first got it and found this game alot better to control overall. Sticks are tighter but not AS tight as the 360's. Nice healthy medium.
I don't have a sixaxis, but I think I'll do fine now with rumble off. I was already doing great. :D I didn't know the sticks were different, though. Felt the same to me.

ScrabbleBanshee said:
:lol Was about to bring that up. One of those moments where the gameplay doesn't match the story. It's also funny when you kill someone (like a boss) in gameplay, but in the cut scene he's alright and fucks you up. "What?! I killed you a minute ago! You were on the floor!" Kinda takes you out of the story.

lawblob said:
True.

Plus, after having so many moments where Rico does stupid shit, you just don't care about him by the end. I remember having him call for help at one point, when I ran over to him he was looking out a window while a spider was biting him in the back over and over as he did nothing. WTF? :lol
Well, I had to revive him then because I couldn't mute it, especially at the end. The sound is crucial so you know when and where
Radec is warping in and out. If he sneaks up behind you, you're fucked.
And, yeah, the AI is retarded, but at least it wasn't GeoW retarded.

peetfeet

Tenkai Star said:
I do destroy other engineers turrets sometimes. But only if game mode changes and the turret is placed near a capture and hold position and wont do any good there anymore or something like that.

Yeah, i have no problem with that, but this was during a bodycount only game.

RavenFox

Banned
Rorschach said:
Even without rumble your aiming reticule will still move from shock wave or proximity blast.

Top Bottom