• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

.GqueB.

Banned
nib95 said:
Completely default. Sensitivity, controls, everything.
lol same here. Its funny because I went through the demo changing to alt 2 and even alt 1 trying to find the perfect setup. Upped the sensitivity 3 notches. Did SO many things.

When all was said and done I switched back to default everything and it plays great.

Kittonwy

Banned
.GqueB. said:
lol same here. Its funny because I went through the demo changing to alt 2 and even alt 1 trying to find the perfect setup. Upped the sensitivity 3 notches. Did SO many things.

When all was said and done I switched back to default everything and it plays great.

U ppl w/ default bah.
KlintIndifference.gif

My config is Alt 2 x-sensitivity up 2 notches, works very well.
angry.gif

Can anyone that played the BETA comment on how the hit-detection works when playing online? Is it similar to Resistance 2's hit-detection where it's client-side, or is it like COD4's where it's server-side? I ask because if it's the latter, the game probably wont be playable for me online.

NameIess

Neo-Sheperd said:
The Weapons of Killzone 2

Man this thread is moving slow as hell.

Really nothing to talk about until the game is released...

I think they may have released too much info on the game a few weeks early.
If the game was released on the day of the demo that would have been good timing regarding the level of hype. Don't get me wrong there's still going to be excitement on the final release, but this next week will be slow until the game hits in late Feb.

Unless they have a few tricks up their sleeve, but it seems like every bit of info has already been discussed so the only thing left is to actually play and experience the game...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Rapping Granny said:
Everyone is playing Flower.

And if you haven't yet. BUY FLOWER FLOWERR!!!
I agree with this. Flower got rid of all of the pent up rage that was being vented in the other thread.

Zeliard

NameIess said:
Really nothing to talk about until the game is released...

I think they may have released too much info on the game a few weeks early.
If the game was released on the day of the demo that would have been good timing regarding the level of hype. Don't get me wrong there's still going to be excitement on the final release, but this next week will be slow until the game hits in late Feb.

Unless they have a few tricks up their sleeve, but it seems like every bit of info has already been discussed so the only thing left is to actually play and experience the game...

Pretty much. We all have the demo (or at least access to it in some form), so we know what Killzone 2 plays and looks like first-hand. There has been a lot of info and vids released about the rest of the campaign as well as the multiplayer, not to mention a few gaffers who have already beaten it and talked about it, so there aren't really any more questions.

So right now, it's just pretty much just a waiting game. And as someone earlier in the thread said, Flower makes for the perfect calm before the storm.

.GqueB.

Banned
somuchwater said:
So, umm, Killzone 2 marketing? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
The hell for? All these reports of preorders is marketing enough. Like gears, this is a game that will basically market itself.

Its all about the word of mouth.

Zeliard

.GqueB. said:
The hell for? All these reports of preorders is marketing enough. Like gears, this is a game that will basically market itself.

Its all about the word of mouth.

Gears had that "Mad World" commercial that I remember hearing even some of my non-gamer friends mention.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Oh, and as for the "complete every level with no deaths" trophy, done that for the first level without even really going for it. Should be easy enough on the easiest difficulty. I'll do that If I can ever complete Elite :p

Nizz

Kittonwy said:
U ppl w/ default bah.
KlintIndifference.gif

My config is Alt 2 x-sensitivity up 2 notches, works very well.
angry.gif
Same exact setup and sensitivity I use. I'm using an extra finger I wouldn't normally use but it's fine once you're used to it. :D

.GqueB.

Banned
Zeliard said:
Gears had that "Mad World" commercial that I remember hearing even some of my non-gamer friends mention.
Yea but you cant sit here and tell me that millions bought the game because of that commercial. I feel gaming is a completely different monster than movies and such. Gamers generally know what they want and they buy it when it comes out.

Wii is the exception.

This is why next gen games are so top heavy. Look at Fable2. Did that have ANY marketing? Nothing memorable that I can remember. And it sold great. Then look at LBP and Resistance. I remember commercials for both of these games. Noooooo dice.

Though lbp is seeing a slow trickle.

dazed808

fps fanatic said:
Same exact setup and sensitivity I use. I'm using an extra finger I wouldn't normally use but it's fine once you're used to it. :D

Yep another +1 for this setup, though not sure how easy it would be without the real-triggers but with them it's all gravy.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
WickedAngel said:
It's been quite a while since I played Halo 3 so I can't really remember whether I noticed this or not back then.

I'm really hoping that this isn't a case of being the feel that the game was intended to have. I had some serious issues during the demo (Especially as it pertains to small flicks of the analog stick to fine-tune the zoomed aiming on a head).
The only thing I can suggest (other than buying MGS4 of course, which actually does have more usual aiming acceleration) is to try to correct the aim with smaller, smoother moves of the stick if flicking it doesn't work well. A lot of people also liked it better after upping sensitivity two notches. Also, for what it's worth, I'v read from some pretty reliable people that the multiplayer component of the game has a bit different and more responsive feel to it, whereas they went for 'heavier' feel during SP. So if MP is what you're more interested in, you should probably give it another shot, as the demo wouldn't be representative.

Nizz

dazed808 said:
Yep another +1 for this setup, though not sure how easy it would be without the real-triggers but with them it's all gravy.
How are those triggers anyway? Do they pop off easily? I'm thinking of getting those for games that map shooting to R2 only.

KZObsessed

Just watched all those multiplayer vids.... fucking WOW. Brings back memories...

All the maps look amazing. I did love Saluman Market and Blood Gracht so we'll see if any top those for me. I could play Saluman Market forever.

xiked

Banned
I must ask gaf ppl that played the beta about KZ2 mp. Is there a server selecting option like there is on pc games. Will there be ping stats so I can select the best server for me? Can I host a server and play in it at the same time? Can I close a servers for private use or for clan matches? Can I find server by writing down the server name of the ip?

I have been trying to follow all the KZ2 threads but I cant remember if this has been answered?

FFObsessed said:
All the maps look amazing. I did love Saluman Market and Blood Gracht so we'll see if any top those for me. I could play Saluman Market forever.

Salumun Market was my favorite in the beta. From the clips i've seen so far of the other maps, I think Pyrrhus Rise right become my new favorite.

dazed808

fps fanatic said:
How are those triggers anyway? Do they pop off easily? I'm thinking of getting those for games that map shooting to R2 only.

Wouldn't be without them now - FEAR 2 would be unplayable without them. Only had them pop off when i've dropped the controller and a couple of intense dogfights in Warhawk but that was more panic and button mashing that caused that:lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Rapping Granny said:
Everyone is playing Flower.

And if you haven't yet. BUY FLOWER FLOWERR!!!

I want too , but go and tell stupid Sony to allow non American credit cards to work on their store like Nintendo VC/WiiWare, ( or sell PSN card via Amazon ) because... since Entropay closed my Virtual VISA and want my information ( will never send any of my personal shit to them ) , I can't buy any thing now .

:(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
fps fanatic said:
They're excellent. I thought I was only going to use them for games that used R2/L2 a lot but they feel so much better than the regular buttons I keep them on all the time.

fps fanatic said:
They're great IMO, my fingers used to start cramping up after having the triggers pressed down for too long (Motorstorm, Warhawk etc.), that's not a problem anymore. It’s also much easier to use the triggers full “range”, and you never have to reposition because you’re slipping or whatever.

As for "popping off", I don't think that's possible under normal circumstances, even trying to deliberately pry them off gives little result.

Sony should really make those triggers standard for the DS3, huge improvement.

____

Danne-Danger said:
They're great IMO, my fingers used to start cramping up after having the triggers pressed down for too long (Motorstorm, Warhawk etc.), that's not a problem anymore. It’s also much easier to use the triggers full “range”, and you never have to reposition because you’re slipping or whatever.

As for "popping off", I don't think that's possible under normal circumstances, even trying to deliberately pry them off gives little result.

Sony should really make those triggers standard for the DS3, huge improvement.

I agree on everything except for when you said they trying to pry them off gives little result.

I've found that it's hit and miss with them. My left one stays on SOLIDLY and the right one pops off if I even THINK about hoping it'll stay on.

I had to eventually put a dot of superglue on it (not INSIDE the controller, but under the trigger) and now it's perfect.

Sony really really really should consider revising the DS3 because it desperately needs these triggers.

cakefoo

Lord Error said:
The only thing I can suggest (other than buying MGS4 of course, which actually does have more usual aiming acceleration) is to try to correct the aim with smaller, smoother moves of the stick if flicking it doesn't work well.
This. After about 40 playthroughs now, I've abandoned the flick and developed more stability in my thumb to be able to use smooth and light pushes during action instead of tensing up and flicking. I used to avoid using cover, as I had a big dependence on the left stick for finetuning; but now I use cover and sights a lot more effectively than I did at first. I used to sometimes stay scoped in while aiming from target to target, and it was pretty slow-paced. Now what I do is hold L2 to get behind cover, adjust my blindfire aim a bit, push and hold L1 and the left stick to peek out and bring up the scope simultaneously, shoot, kill, release the left stick, reload, blindfire aim at the next target, repeat.

I used to only use the scope for very very long distances, but now I use it for mid-range and further, and when I need to conserve ammo.

John_B

I'm having trouble registering at Killzone.com

I'm putting in the information and I get a message to check my mail, but I don't get any mail.

Is this a common problem? Is there a way to fix it?

I'm really digging this game. I didn't expect the demo to be as captivating as it was. Really love the cover system. I'm still amazed that GG created a FPS cover system that works in first person view. It's incredible. Love how the left joystick is used to pop up/out of cover. I'd go as far as to say the KZ2 cover system is one of the best I've ever used.

First few times through the demo, I was very lukewarm about it. But then it all clicked.

Great fucking game.

Flunkie said:
This thread doesn't have as much hype as the other one. :(

As someone mentioned, we're now just waiting for the game to be released. The other thread had discussions about the December and January media along with reviews and the demo.

Top Bottom