• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Core407

Banned
ocadman said:
I think it would be cool for them to, other than game modes, possibly introduce more classes also ala TF2. Not sure what or how, but it would be cool. And if they a FFA mode, I would not complain at all.

I thing they need to add more options for players to pick from. With Halo, you could set up games with specific rules like shotguns only, change the amount of grenades the player starts with, which gun he starts with, etc. All this should should be added to KZ2. I'd love to play a sniper only game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Core407 said:
I thing they need to add more options for players to pick from. With Halo, you could set up games with specific rules like shotguns only, change the amount of grenades the player starts with, which gun he starts with, etc. All this should should be added to KZ2. I'd love to play a sniper only game.
I think it already has something like that.

Guled

I know it won't happen but all DLC for online games should be free, if its not then it really segments the community.

Guled said:
I know it won't happen but all DLC for online games should be free, if its not then it really segments the community.
Or just go with the "make it free after a while"-model, more money for the devs and more content for everyone.

WTFing

Banned
Guled said:
100% ok with you (FREE), unless the DLC is 6 months away from the official release date. I'm not just talking about KILLZONE 2, but this 'rule' must apply to every game.

neight said:
It's why I gave up on MGO.
oooh MGO, ooh . I'm honestly sad about this game. ;(

Ploid 3.0

I just preordered my copy from amazon. None of the amazon codes worked so I'm paying full price (was considering waiting on a price drop or deal). Funny how I waited too late to get the deal instead of waiting long enough to get the deals. Free shipping, will arrive on March 3rd or something. I'm in no rush.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Thanks to Bruce I have a new iPhone wallpaper:D

02841e72.jpg

Zen

Banned
Man Sony really messed up on the timing of letting the reviews out, if they weren't going to market it the reviews should have been starting to come out just now. There's this big void now of deflating hype.

neight said:
It's why I gave up on MGO.

Why would it cause you to give up on MGO. I can see that they should have eventually made the first expansion maps free, or some such, but it's easy enough to make a game, or joina meme/gene content game in free play.

Guled said:

That'll never happen since these developers need to be able to make back the money that they put into developing the DLC.

ocadman

PowderedToast said:
So where are the ads? Has anybody seen any yet?

Sony is one of the main sponsors of the NBA All Star Game. So far only one commercial and it's just one of those where you see the various Sony games superimposed over landscapes.

gantz85

Banned
Zen said:
Man Sony really messed up on the timing of letting the reviews out, if they weren't going to market it the reviews should have been starting to come out just now. There's this big void now of deflating hype.

Is it really a surprise that Scott Steinburg is a tool and that Sony marketing sucks?

No.

Jeff has already said that the ad will be posted on the PSblog before it airs. So there's no need to ask if it's aired yet if it hasn't been posted on there.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Zen said:

As someone who was once really looking forward to Killzone 2, news of its very short campaign, coupled with the fact ive seen quite a bit of footage, has definitely lessened my anticipation of it a bit.

There's that feeling that you know what to expect now. I could actually picture myself not picking it up now. Although, im still pretty sure i will.

Im more excited now for other releases like RE 5 and such.

WTFing

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
As someone who was once really looking forward to Killzone 2, news of its very short campaign, coupled with the fact ive seen quite a bit of footage, has definitely lessened my anticipation of it a bit.

There's that feeling that you know what to expect now. I could actually picture myself not picking it up now. Although, im still pretty sure i will.

Im more excited now for other releases like RE 5 and such.
The most important part of the game is the MP imo, and nobody is playing it right now. There was the beta, but the real MP will be huge I think (I hope).
I mean they can play against bots, that's all.

ocadman

~Kinggi~ said:

KZ2's campaign is about on par with other FPS shooters. Where does everyone get that it's short?

Andvary

ocadman said:
KZ2's campaign is about on par with other FPS shooters. Where does everyone get that it's short?

Himself:

~Kinggi~ said:
For anyone that's interested, some guy did a video walkthrough of the game (i havent watched it) but it only lasted 4:47:46 on veteran difficulty. It also looks like the full game only has like 3 or 4 more levels than that preview copy all the reviewers played.

That's ridiculously short. It was supposedly in progress but hes made it all the way to the end credits already so i doubt its a mistake.

He believes that based on a person who most probably was speed running through the game and knew exactly what to do.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Andvary said:
Himself:

He believes that based on a person who most probably was speed running through the game and knew exactly what to do.
Well i watched the first section of the first level and the video didnt skip cutscenes or anything. The website he did it for (gameanyone) isnt really into speedruns, its more like video experiences of the game. Im sure he did have a lot of knowledge beforehand though.

Loudninja

~Kinggi~ said:
Well i watched the first section of the first level and the video didnt skip cutscenes or anything. The website he did it for (gameanyone) isnt really into speedruns, its more like video experiences of the game. Im sure he did have a lot of knowledge beforehand though.

Eh others such as TTP and McBacon beat it in 8 hours.

Andvary said:
Himself:

Exactly, If we were to believe all that sorta crap people would think Oblivion is only 5 hours long, Speed Run =/= Actual Game length.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Loudninja said:
Eh others such as TTP and McBacon beat it in 8 hours.
i dont even finish longer games anyway so i dont even know why im complaining. I think its just more to do with im unemployed and am going after value now trying to save money.

KZObsessed

~Kinggi~ said:
i dont even finish longer games anyway so i dont even know why im complaining. I think its just more to do with im unemployed and am going after value now trying to save money.

Beta. 3 maps. 125 hours. Just saying.

~Kinggi~

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Beta. 3 maps. 125 hours. Just saying.
eh, ive never been big on online. Playing with people im not familiar with annoys me. And all my friends are 360 gamers so they arent on psn.

The level-building aspect though may be enough to get me into the random matches with people. Kinda like a single player experience.

rexor0717

~Kinggi~ said:
Don't bots and a good multiplayer help?

gantz85

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
eh, ive never been big on online. Playing with people im not familiar with annoys me. And all my friends are 360 gamers so they arent on psn.

The level-building aspect though may be enough to get me into the random matches with people. Kinda like a single player experience.

Are your 360 friends your childhood friends who you've known from birth?

If not, you should know that friends start out as strangers.

KZObsessed

Well, show some of your friends some KZ2 SP/MP footage and if they likey then they can buy a PS3. And we'll be having regular GAF nights I'm sure.
gladtomeetya.gif

lupinko

~Kinggi~ said:

Well you don't have to get the game, just borrow or rent it then.

~Kinggi~

Banned
tass0 said:
People have the game before even the marketing of the game. Where are those TV ads, Sony?
I know, lol its kinda odd a bunch of people have already beaten it, and everyone has reviewed it, yet we still got more than 10 days till it comes out.

Sony is obviously using this game as an experiment.

Why did GG give so much time for coverage? It would be awesome PR if they moved up the release date. A lot of the Killzone 2 hype is dying down.

Killzone 2 hype is a rollercoaster.

It went up and down tons of times.

E3 2007 - went sky high and then went down after a long disappearance.
GDC 08 - went up a bit and down a bit. People were questioning the fun factor.
E3 2008 - went up a bit higher thanks for the multi player footages.
Fall 2008 - Beta, nuff said.
Dec/Jan - Hype reached a new high thanks to reviews.

Feb - hype drops due to a long wait.

Future Feb 25-27- Hype will climax when the game releases.

Justin

Andvary said:

Not so sure. I just watched through level 1 and he got stuck on a few parts. First he couldnt figure out how to turn the valve with the six axis and during the
tank
part he got lost for a bit trying to figure out where to go even though the NPCs kept yelling
"get in the tank!"

Top Bottom