• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Okay, seriously, what's the catch to using the shotgun effectively? I can't seem to kill anything with it. Did the patch totally neuter it?

Hell, I'm trying to level up my Engineer, and I seem to be getting more kills from the turrets than I am with the shotgun.

Puck

Banned
cameltoe said:
My kdr is 1.45. Cod4 it's 2.73(360 version). With this game I find I need to rely on teammates more. Cod 4 I can easily go out a take out the whole team without issue. He'll, for shits, while playing s&d, I wait in spawn for my team to get wiped out so I can go hunting!!
Does anyone else see this persons NSFW and 220kb avatar still?

Mine is caching from somewhere on his posts, but on his profile he has the "i had a NSFW avatar and now i can't change it"

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
ergo said:
Is it at all like the spy from TF2? I recently started playing with that character and have found it must satisfying to completely fool the other team (i.e. get healed by a stupid medic!)
Once a single bullet or infliction hits you, the disguise turns off. This requires you to stay out of hot spots even if it means going all the way around the edge of the map. Also, if a member of the opposite faction has their crosshairs on you (while they are up close to you) for a couple of seconds, their reticule tuns red, and the jig is up. So can't go dancing around them or anything like that.

sevenchaos said:
Today should have been a productive day for me. I spent most of it playing KZ2.
My eyes are RED like the Helghasts. Been playing since 12:30pm

I had some shitty games in the Beamber server. Couldn't seem to get anything done, and I had a bunch of bullshit teamkills. Not to mention some players were acting like assholes, though I don't know if they were random players or not.

In fact, everyone seemed really angry in the games I played. Eh.

Puck

Banned
ThirstyFly said:
Okay, seriously, what's the catch to using the shotgun effectively? I can't seem to kill anything with it. Did the patch totally neuter it?
No, it's still the best close range weapon imo.

You need to just shoot where the enemy is going, ie if they are running left, shoot where you expect them to move.

cresto

Topher said:
Once a single bullet or infliction hits you, the disguise turns off. This requires you to stay out of hot spots even if it means going all the way around the edge of the map. Also, if a member of the opposite faction has their crosshairs on you (while they are up close to you) for a couple of seconds, their reticule tuns red, and the jig is up. So can't go dancing around them or anything like that.
Wow that is tricky, almost seems like it'd be too frustrating

JB1981

From now on any information about my servers is going into the online section. These fucking guys from OA are so fucking annoying.

Sorry about that, Jack. Hopefully it won't happen again. Private Hoff is on my friends list and I like the guy, but his friends from OA are a bunch of fucking retards. They're not joining my games again.

And pwnage: what was with all the team killing with the rocket launcher, dude? Jesus christ ..... can't play like that with friendly fire on, man. Jesus.

Aladuf

Banned
After playing those matches I can say that you guys are fucking kidding yourselves if you think that we can have real games with Assault class AND Friendly Fire on. Half of the people in the matches were spamming rockets and getting more teamkills than real kills.

Thrakier

The last game was the worst I ever had. Don't know what went wrong there. Nothing worked. :( Besides that, fun games and I finally can use the tactican now.

I hate fucking friendly fire. Grenades are useless in search and destroy and my team mates are always getting in my line of fire. Not to mention idiots who team kill you when you are playing Saboteur.

Facism

Aladuf said:
After playing those matches I can say that you guys are fucking kidding yourselves if you think that we can have real games with Assault class AND Friendly Fire on. Half of the people in the matches were spamming rockets and getting more teamkills than real kills.

GAFe did fine with Assault class and FF. Teamkills via rockets were rarer than michael Jackson.

raYne

SuperSonic1305 said:
I hate fucking friendly fire. Grenades are useless in search and destroy and my team mates are always getting in my line of fire. Not to mention idiots who team kill you when you are playing Saboteur.
Hmm? You aren't visually disguised to teammates.

Maybe they just hate you personally? :p

Thrakier

Justin Dailey said:
I just wish they'd tone the MP graphics back enough to get a smooth framerate. Close quarters aiming is a BITCH!

Don't...oh, you did. ;) And yes, I noticed it too that the framerate goes down all the time when there are a few people on the screen. It's a mess and a lot of luck where you spawn etc. - seriously, a game that wants to become the Nr. 1 MP-game needs to have a rocksolid framerate.

Fuck Catalyst was such a douche. Honestly, the guy sounded like he must be in his twenties at least - it is difficult for me to understand how someone of that age could be so immature and ignorant. Obviously someone has issues with not being a member of GAF. I hope people are using the grief report function. I had him muted throughout most of the games, but I could still hear him through other peoples connections. Once we got to Helghan Industries I think the guy might have gone over the edge because his team kill score was massive.

Besides having to play with those guys the games tonight were good. On Helghan Industries everything was going good until Granny left. Then I was turned into squad leader (which doesn't really work when playing Sab), and no one else took up the tactician mantle so we didn't have any spawn points.

Beamber, I think that it's a great idea to move the server details to the online forum. No doubt we will still get a few stray players who are friends of friends, but for the most part the players will probably be Gaffers.

I really like playing with FF on, but would it be too much to request that players use the kick vote option if a person gets too many tks? I know I got a few from being reckless, but some people were putting up some big numbers which kind of defeats the purpose of playing with FF on.

Ploid 3.0

ergo said:
Wow that is tricky, almost seems like it'd be too frustrating

To answer your question, it's not as satisfying as the TF2 spy. With this one it's a bit easy to tell if the guy is a saboteur. There is no back stab > back to disguise, and you can't seem to do major damage (sap sentries, take cures from medic, etc) the turrets spot you, the air bots shoot at you, and sniper scan get you as well. There's not much tricking going on when people start to get wise to the traits of the saboteur. In tf2 the sentries don't attack the spy until his disguise is gone.

Puck said:
No, it's still the best close range weapon imo.

You need to just shoot where the enemy is going, ie if they are running left, shoot where you expect them to move.

Tried doing that, it didn't help. I can walk right up to a guy standing still and shoot him square in the back at close range and he won't drop unless I've aimed high enough for it to register as a head shot. It's driving me nuts.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ploid 3.0 said:
To answer your question, it's not as satisfying as the TF2 spy. With this one it's a bit easy to tell if the guy is a saboteur. There is no back stab > back to disguise, and you can't seem to do major damage (sap sentries, take cures from medic, etc) the turrets spot you, the air bots shoot at you, and sniper scan get you as well. There's not much tricking going on when people start to get wise to the traits of the saboteur. In tf2 the sentries don't attack the spy until his disguise is gone.

It was like that during the beta. Then GG changed it. I blame those whinny noobs complaining about how they got back stabbed by the Sab.

methane47

Just played that entire round as sab.. and WOW... these guys are awesome

I couldn't believe the quantity of easy kills i was getting.. Oh and MY GOODNESS at the headshots!!!..

seriously WTF...

I ran through like 3-4 guys are headshotted all of them while just wildly spraying!! it was almost unfair lol

Now i see why EVERY gaffer is ALWAYS playing sab...

I didn't get as many points as normal because instead of doing missions i was playing more support.. so instead of directly defending the bomb.. i would chill by the stairs in disguise and knock em off as they came up lol... Or i would line myself up to run along side the carrier and then when i'm close enough.. RATTATTATTATATT head shot.

FUN!

I'm bouncing between the three titles in the series and even though I'm sure GG is sick as fuck of Killzone, I'd love their next entry to be either a story expansion or PSP game. Imagine GG doing all they can to push the power of the PSP.

TTP said:
It was like that during the beta. Then GG changed it. I blame those whinny noobs complaining about how they got back stabbed by the Sab.

Yeah - I really think that they should change it so that turrets don't spot the disguised sab. I can handle the aerial support seeing through the disguise, but with so many turrets all over the place, the ability to see through the disguise severely undermines the effectiveness of the sab.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Was the single player really, really short for anyone else? I beat the game in, like, 5 and a half hours. I recently watched the gametrailers review and they said it was a 10 hour long game...

What happened?

I didn't even feel like I rushed the game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BobsRevenge said:
Was the single player really, really short for anyone else? I beat the game in, like, 5 and a half hours. I recently watched the gametrailers review and they said it was a 10 hour long game...

What happened?

You played the wrong difficulty setting.

Ploid 3.0

I'm still chipping away at the SP. I get distracted by MP a lot but I find the SP great so far. I just finished the desert and played a bit into the level after. What difficulty were you playing on?

alterno69

Banned
BobsRevenge said:

What happened?

Try playing it on
veteran
normal next time instead of
normal
easy.

Big-E

How many times did everyone die on their first run through? I think I may have the most on Veteran as I died 214 times.

I played the game for only an hour today (Working on the ExciteBot official thread), which is the least I've played KZ2 in a day since release. I managed to get 160 points from that one game though.

I'm pretty sure the next highest scoring dude (other team) was using the auto-aim exploit. He had over a hundred kills and was a tactician.

EazyB

Banned
I couldn't get in the Beamer games cause they were full but I'm glad I was able to hop onto that last match. Just unlocked the saboteur class which I got to mess around with in that game. Had a lot of fun with it.

Lince

Banned
Ilparazzo said:
Good games Gaf, just wish TTP would stop killing me ALL THE FREAKIN TIME.

I feel you... tonight my head was like a magnet for his rifle bursts... but I took my sweet revenge anyway :p

edit: on the framerate issues... 8 vs 8 is always silky smooth except for the occasional drops in the S&D chaos, I believe the engine was built and optimized around this amount of players but Sony marketing demanded 32 players just for the heck of it, a mistake since only a fraction of KZ2 gamers will enjoy the tactical nature of KZ2 teamwork gameplay, this isn't Counter Strike guys.

Stillmatic

Big-E said:
How many times did everyone die on their first run through? I think I may have the most on Veteran as I died 214 times.

My first play through was on Normal, i died 39 times.

My last play through was on Elite, i died 130 times! :lol

.GqueB.

Banned
Stillmatic said:
My first play through was on Normal, i died 39 times.

My last play through was on Elite, i died 130 times! :lol
Last I checked (a few missions ago) I had died 131 times. Im in the palace now so Id imagine Im up to about 300 or so by now.

But alot of the time its just me being careless and doing complete foolishness. Im not very careful in games.

Teams with too many Sabs just ain't fun to play against.

I feel like this is the 'hot' class at the moment, and EVERYONE is using it.

Totally disrupts the game, but I guess that's the point. Just seems overcrowded right now on most servers.

Hope something is done about the assault class soon, as well.

rass

Big-E said:
130 on trooper... :(
started on veteran the other day, building up to elite, and im dying less (so far) haha
the only other fps ive played is resistance 1 so i dont think im doing tooooo badly

Ploid 3.0

Put a new password in the KZ2 online forum thread. Like believe spelled backwards. New password each day, find out the password by viewing the online thread. Which is where online get togethers should be discussed anyway.

Top Bottom