• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy said:
I hope they remake the Killzone 1 game.
angry.gif

Fixed. -.-

Ilparazzo

Raist said:
zomg GAFe are a bunch of fucking laggerz. Ima report your ass.

lulz :p
IMMA WARPIN ALL OVER YOUR FACE!

I wonder what the hell happened.

Finally finished elite, worst part of the playthrough was the fact that you couldn't mute Rico. I know about the balcony, SHUT UP!

Hmm, I can't seem to join the Beamber server. Finished the Salamun Market match, but now it sticks on the "syncing clients" screen for minutes before kicking me out.

Dunno if it's just my connecting acting up or not. After all, I was disconnected from that Blood Gracht match early on, but I was able to join good as new.

TheFatOne

Some people are morons. I was running in a hallway and my own team mate shot me with the shotgun took most of my life. Then, I tried to hide but it was too late and the opposing team killed me and the idiot.

Artofwar420

TheFatOne said:
Some people are morons. I was running in a hallway and my own team mate shot me with the shotgun took most of my life. Then, I tried to hide but it was too late and the opposing team killed me and the idiot.

Just play in a non-friendly fire server.

I trudged through the original Killzone and just completed the main campaign. Good lord there is some quality acting in that game lol I want a remake now even more. Take a look at the story videos in Bruce's story OP, its actually quite fascinating to watch.

GodofWine

I swear I was playing online at 15fps tonight...it was weird...

Oh, and the classes..yea..they are so not balanced (Im sorry, I still like the game!), I tried to not think this, but I know that one day its going to be nothing but sabs and snipers.

Snipers are ruining the 2 big maps slowly. As their population rises, its getting harder and harder to move an inch on Pyrus without getting headshotted.

Oh well...back to the fight..I'll get you, you dirty dirty snipers...

Gawd, sometimes I suck online. Sometimes it seems like I am tethered to my target, other times it seems like none of my shots connect even though my reticule is on the target. That last game on Salamun (Beamber) I barely maintained KDR >1 and most of my points came merely from throwing myself into the fray.

A lot of fun to be had. It was sad when our assassination defend got stuck on the other side of the map with all of us haveing to spawn back at the base! Jack and CollegeBoy took me down so much in that last game. But I think I got some serious kills in during the Blood Gracht match. Sucks that I couldn't connect after Salamun as I really like games on Radec.

I take it back Beamber. I do like the 16 player games. If we had been playing with 20 then some of the smaller maps would have been a mess (TKs were really low tonight). It just sucks that there are so many more maps that benefit smaller groups compared to large as I really like playing on Pyrrhus (when it isn't barren and you have competent tacticians). Hopefully GG will release some more maps soon. If they can come up with a way to do it for free then that would be great.

TheFatOne

Artofwar420 said:
Just play in a non-friendly fire server.

Ohh let me mention this it was in a GAF game. How can you be that stupid yet play in a GAF game? It just boggled my mind that someone was that dumb in a GAF game.

.GqueB.

Banned
Liabe Brave said:
You just listed two-thirds of the ones with a special ability. That sounds like a decent spread to me!

I agree that random games feature very little tactical squad play, so if that's your thing they're going to be less fun. It's not SOCOM, or even Counter-Strike. But depending on your attitude you can still enjoy even the chaotic servers. I play with random folks a lot and almost exclusively as a medic. I still have fun even though my K/D ratio is negative. Just let it wash over you. When chaos is happening that means everyone's bunched up in one or two small areas. This leaves you free to solo around them, to stand off and pick out targets, to start preparing for the next mission in warzone, etc.

And besides, eventually the map will rotate to Pyrrhus Rise and those shotgunners will be target practice.
Yea I actually meant to say thats usually the split. Its either a team full of assault and engineer guys. Or a team full of sabs and scouts.

Artofwar420

TheFatOne said:
Ohh let me mention this it was in a GAF game. How can you be that stupid yet play in a GAF game? It just boggled my mind that someone was that dumb in a GAF game.

OH, that reason is enough to get banned... in Gaf.

JB1981

Did everybody freeze up or something? Everyone left :(

I'm tired now and going to call it a night ... I tried to go back to other shooters just to change it up but I can't .... I just want to play Killzone (even when I get pissed at it).

GodofWine said:
I swear I was playing online at 15fps tonight...it was weird...

Oh, and the classes..yea..they are so not balanced (Im sorry, I still like the game!), I tried to not think this, but I know that one day its going to be nothing but sabs and snipers.

Snipers are ruining the 2 big maps slowly. As their population rises, its getting harder and harder to move an inch on Pyrus without getting headshotted.

Oh well...back to the fight..I'll get you, you dirty dirty snipers...

You don't even need a headshot. You just need one shot to the body. I haven't unlocked the class yet, but did get to pick up the weapon and fire it off. I was salivating it's so powerful. Sniper is always one of my favorite weapons. Sniper issue solved by making it a one shot kill with headshot, two shot kill with body, three shot kill if you're getting people in the arms. People have to be better to be successful and it gives some opportunity to find cover.

TheChillyAcademic said:
I trudged through the original Killzone and just completed the main campaign. Good lord there is some quality acting in that game lol I want a remake now even more. Take a look at the story videos in Bruce's story OP, its actually quite fascinating to watch.
The charachters were definitely the draw of KZ in the story, my favorite by far is Hakka.

Liberation is the same with Cobar being the absolute badass of death, second to only Radec.

rexor0717

I don't think the scouts and sabs will ruin the game, there will still be a use for everyone. You just have to adapt based on the map. I can't image a scout coming out on top on say...Tharis Depot or Corinth Crossing.

Also, aren't NPDs supposed to be today?

Artofwar420 said:
Umm.. Should I get Killzone 1? I wonder...

If you love the universe, yes.

Strictly for the gameplay though? Not sure. It has framerate issues and the gameplay has a weird feel to it at first. You can get used to that but the framerate seems to drive some crazy.

Fuck this game.. 2 hours stuck in the final battle in elite, I've died like 20 times. Until now I didn't have any major problems, but fuck this shit

TheFatOne

rexor0717 said:
I don't think the scouts and sabs will ruin the game, there will still be a use for everyone. You just have to adapt based on the map. I can't image a scout coming out on top on say...Tharis Depot or Corinth Crossing.

Also, aren't NPDs supposed to be today?

Especially if you know the saboteurs tricks then they become easier to spot.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Vasilisk said:
Fuck this game.. 2 hours stuck in the final battle in elite, I've died like 20 times. Until now I didn't have any major problems, but fuck this shit
I still havent bothered to return to the game to complete it. It turned me off that much.

methane47

YoungHav said:
Do the snipers 1 hit kill Assault class?

No.. snipers do 100% dmg.. Assault class starts with 200% and then regens to 125% sooo no.. not unless they are already damaged

Oh and Again.. Sabs are soo awesome.. I cause soo much trouble with them i think :) JUST unlocked C4 and i need to test it out a bit! :)

I don't know how you folks deal with some of these matches. I might have to stay away from 32 player games because its too damn chaotic. Me thinks the shotgun could use some nerfing as well; it's the Sagat of this game, if you will.

Varna

Freedom = $1.05 said:
I don't know how you folks deal with some of these matches. I might have to stay away from 32 player games because its too damn chaotic. Me thinks the shotgun could use some nerfing as well; it's the Sagat of this game, if you will.

:lol

The auto-aim bug being fixed definitely did not stop the game from being a monster at close range. I think it's fine the way it is now... just get rid of those occasional insta-kills at med range.

RavenFox

Banned
Varna said:

The auto-aim bug being fixed definitely did not stop the game from being a monster at close range. I think it's fine the way it is now... just get rid of those occasional insta-kills at med range.
Yeah the range on it has to be fixed. Its riduculous

NameIess

Varna said:

Yup...

It's very hard for me to blame an athlete like T.O. for being the way he is after I play KZ2, because I get so mad at my incompetent teammates that I sometimes need to take my headset off. Otherwise, all they would hear is me yelling:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

DO YOUR FREAKING JOB!

IS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME PLAYING THIS GAME!!?!

YOU ARE TERRIBLE.

-Winnie-

shadowsdarknes said:
Smaller games could work, but anything on 32p and it would be worse than Blood Gracht.

Easy, just put player limits for the small maps. You don't need to have 32 players to enjoy a match.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Rico is easily one of the worst characters in a game.

Who thought people woulda ctually like this guy?

-Winnie-

John Harker said:
Rico is easily one of the worst characters in a game.

Who thought people woulda ctually like this guy?

Personally I hated Natko more. Makes completely stupid, inappropriate, completely random jokes and swears way too much. I killed him a few times just to get him to shut the hell up.

-Winnie- said:
Personally I hated Natko more. Makes completely stupid, inappropriate, completely random jokes and swears way too much. I killed him a few times just to get him to shut the hell up.

I liked Natko by the end actually. Not really sure why everyone hates him.

His actions are nowhere near as stupid as Ricos,
whos complete idiocy causes the life of a squad mate and made the entire objective of the game useless at the end. The ISA are complete fools if they let him continue serving. I wished Narville had taken him out at the end, or AT LEAST arrested him.

F#A#Oo said:
Sunday (12am-3am GMT is reset time) to Sunday...

Stats get locked at a certain point though on Sunday night...
Thanks.

Do you think it matters what rank you are to rank highly? Obviously the better the player the higher you will rank, but does it practically require a higher rank? I am trying to come up with a strategy on how and when to go for the MP Trophies.

Top Bottom