• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Raist said:
It really needs a bit more range.
Oh god, you said it. Your character totally girl-throws that thing, or it's basically a flour bag full of plasma.

Alternately, let me remotely apply it like the defib pads bring people back to life from a distance. Kind of like Kain's "suck someone's blood out of their body from 20 feet away" thing, but in reverse. :D

AndyD

aka andydumi
DeeVoc said:
I just try to imagine the meetings surrounding the implementation of the social features.

"But what if some friends want to play together?"

"Clan play"

"But they don't want to set up a match and there's only 3 of them?"

"Clan play"

"But what about-"

"Clan play"

If we could be in multiple clans it would actually work. Sort of like permanent squads. Imagine being in "GAF East", "GAF Medics Squad", "GAF Valor Squad Tier C", "Friends from Work", "Family", and "KnittingBuddies.com Friends" clans.

That would be the way a game should always work, and they never do. Even friends lists should be able to be divided this way. Or allowing Gmail style tagging of friends which would allow a buddy to be in more than one category. So I could add TTP to my KZ2 and R2 groups, but not my family group.

This is an XMB and game improvement that is sorely needed. Plus it would allow a lot more interaction between friends. It lets you be in GAF and also in ArsTechnica and AC Milan clans/clubs without having to play favorites.

Sort of like Home which allows you to participate in several clubs at once because humans have more than one interest.

Dirtbag

AndyD said:
If we could be in multiple clans it would actually work. Sort of like permanent squads. Imagine being in "GAF East", "GAF Medics Squad", "GAF Valor Squad Tier C", "Friends from Work", "Family", and "KnittingBuddies.com Friends" clans.

That would be the way a game should always work, and they never do. Even friends lists should be able to be divided this way. Or allowing Gmail style tagging of friends which would allow a buddy to be in more than one category. So I could add TTP to my KZ2 and R2 groups, but not my family group.

This is an XMB and game improvement that is sorely needed. Plus it would allow a lot more interaction between friends. It lets you be in GAF and also in ArsTechnica and AC Milan clans/clubs without having to play favorites.

Sort of like Home which allows you to participate in several clubs at once because humans have more than one interest.
Great ideas

GodofWine

AndyD said:

We are not humans...WE ARE THE HELGAST.

I and a friend kept trying to find a game last night to play together..it went like this:

I go to XMB to send him a message saying "Im joining a game - follow me - pick Helghast if possible"

I join

He tries, but goes to XMB and writes - "RANK" (he was too low to play that game)

I go to XMB - 'One Sec'

I join a new game that says 27/31

He writes back - 'Full'

I join another game thats 12/31

He follows, we are both on same team, YAY

Its me and him versus 10 ISA's...WTF...PARTY SYSTEM PATCH THIS. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
The problem I have with spawn points right now is that tacticians are always throwing them in the wrong direction, granted if they switch the direction 180 degrees, those guys would still get it wrong, in the end we need better tacticians, the problem is that I'm not playing tactician right now, but then I could also turn water into wine and walk on water but I don't want to.
angry.gif

Ploid 3.0

They say the air sentries are to distract the enemies, but I don't even pay them any attention anymore, unless they are actually bugging me while I'm low on hp. But I'd be trying to move out of their attention instead. Also I kinda try to avoid their tapping on my shoulder if I'm a scout, or saboteur. I don't like the bots to ruin my cover. Especially saboteur since my disguise is totally removed until it's ready to use again.

hulot

GodofWine said:
This is Living™
I party chat on 360 to get games going in KZ.

Kittonwy said:
The problem I have with spawn points right now is that tacticians are always throwing them in the wrong direction, granted if they switch the direction 180 degrees, those guys would still get it wrong, in the end we need better tacticians, the problem is that I'm not playing tactician right now, but then I could also turn water into wine and walk on water but I don't want to.
And even if you were to pick a tactician, what if both spawn slots are taken? It's like people want to spawn on top of each other into a hallelujah circle of spasmodic gunfire and pointless explosive spamming. If I could, I would throw my spawn grenade into a pit just so those dolts could do something useful for once.

GodofWine

Kittonwy said:
The problem I have with spawn points right now is that tacticians are always throwing them in the wrong direction,

Agreed, but I cannot figure out the decision to make people spawn in the opposite direction that tactician was facing when it was placed...its so odd. I've adjusted, but I don't get how that was a "Hey thats a great idea" moment.

In general, Im pretty sure I spawn facing the wrong direction all the time, its maddening.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Kittonwy said:
angry.gif

A simple improved description when selecting the class woudl go a long way. A good manual in the game would also do wonders.

GodofWine said:
Agreed, but I cannot figure out the decision to make people spawn in the opposite direction that tactician was facing when it was placed...its so odd. I've adjusted, but I don't get how that was a "Hey thats a great idea" moment.

What? So if you're the tactician they'd spawn facing you after you've thrown it (assuming you have not moved)?

Odd indeed.

GodofWine

AndyD said:
A simple improved description when selecting the class woudl go a long way. A good manual in the game would also do wonders.

Mini training sessions prior to being able to use the classes would be great.

Like, "Congrats, you got a badge", complete training to unlock it. It could be 60 seconds of what is what for that class.

ThirstyFly said:
What? So if you're the tactician they'd spawn facing you after you've thrown it (assuming you have not moved)?

Odd indeed.

I think thats how it works. But Im still not sure.

AndyD

aka andydumi
GodofWine said:

In general, Im pretty sure I spawn facing the wrong direction all the time, its maddening.

I think the idea was to have the tactician get slightly exposed while doing it by turning his back on the enemy. So now they run in to enemy base and drop it down as they are dying. So everyone that spawns there dies as well right away as they get blasted in the back.

Forcing the tactician to face the opposite way lets the other team get a chance to kill him before he lays it down in the correct position. It makes sense. Otherwise it would offer easy steamroll mode: Have a few dead people waiting. A tactician runs in, drops it as he is dying, everyone insta spawns on the spot facing the right way nuking the enemy and taking the point. Defenders have 0 options or recourse.

Kittonwy

Banned
GodofWine said:

I'll probably play as a tactician as soon as I get my health pack medal.
angry.gif

GodofWine

AndyD said:
I think the idea was to have the tactician get slightly exposed while doing it by turning his back on the enemy. So now they run in to enemy base and drop it down as they are dying. So everyone that spawns there dies as well right away as they get blasted in the back.

Forcing the tactician to face the opposite way lets the other team get a chance to kill him before he lays it down in the correct position. It makes sense. Otherwise it would offer easy steamroll mode: Have a few dead people waiting. A tactician runs in, drops it as he is dying, everyone insta spawns on the spot facing the right way nuking the enemy and taking the point. Defenders have 0 options or recourse.

Thats probably what they were thinking, and if so, they need to shorten the 'you can't shoot me but I can shoot you' respawn thing...cause I can still turn and kill a few people before they can kill me. Or they need to have you respawn and have to like load your weapon first of or something....even though some of my best moments have come on spawn killing sprees.

AndyD

aka andydumi
GodofWine said:
Thats probably what they were thinking, and if so, they need to shorten the 'you can't shoot me but I can shoot you' respawn thing...cause I can still turn and kill a few people before they can kill me. Or they need to have you respawn and have to like load your weapon first of or something....even though some of my best moments have come on spawn killing sprees.

I thought shooting erases your invincibility right away. You are only invincible if you move without shooting right?

AndyD said:
I thought shooting erases your invincibility right away. You are only invincible if you move without shooting right?

nope, during the few seconds of invincibility you can do whatever u want , i think time is the only thing that removes it :\

GodofWine

AndyD said:

Again, A good manual would be key for this info :D

Seriously, I don't know, but you may very well be right, but you can probably line up 1-2 kills before shooting...spawn--->turn around :lol ---> aim --> grenade ---> shoot ---> die.

Thrakier

Oh man, I can't do anything as scout. :( My hits never seem to register even when I'm spot on on the target. Lince showed me how to do it though. He put some bullts in my head. :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
Dammit. I just got 6 air drone kills in a game and it didn't give me the ribbon >_<

I doubt I'll ever do that again legitimately! :p

Check the online thread and tell us if u are in for tomorrow's tournament.

Kuroyume

Banned
Radec: "Kill the fat one first..." :lol

Anyway in regards to multiplayer... I'm fucking loving it despite that some things drive me insane and things need to be changed.

- If you see a medic running to you moron don't fucking hit the spawn button. You don't know how often people will hit the spawn button while I'm two feet away from them holding the damn revive gun. It's not like they were killed while down either.

- Stop blocking the fucking entrances/hallways. Look around you. If you see someone in front of you either getting shot at or trying to run from a grenade at their feet then move the fuck away.

- Use your brain when setting up a turret. If the team has to protect an area then stop wasting turrets around the spawn area when there's a bunch of them there already.

Btw, I unlocked the assualt badge and M4 pistol earlier... HOLY SHIT

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy shit, I thought the "Pucker your asshole," exchange has been cut. My roommate was just playing through Corinth River and it played.:lol

Lince

Banned
Thrakier said:
Oh man, I can't do anything as scout. :( My hits never seem to register even when I'm spot on on the target. Lince showed me how to do it though. He put some bullts in my head. :(

it was hilarious when we did melee each other with the pistol :lol
and yes, sometimes you can clearly see the bullet impact through your target but it won't register, must be lag or something.

Kittonwy said:
angry.gif

The thing is, sometimes even if you do place your spawn points properly, they won't spawn people in the desired direction because of nearby enemies. If there's an enemy near the spawn, the game will attempt to spawn players facing the complete opposite direction from that enemy.

Thrakier

Lince said:
it was hilarious when we did melee each other with the pistol :lol
and yes, sometimes you can clearly see the bullet impact through your target but it won't register, must be lag or something.

Hm, I had a feeling that I had to get fairly close to my target to hit it. I had some clear hits on none moving targets which didn't register. That takes the fun away. :( Oh and I'm already General...after one week. What did they think when they made those ranks?

And the double kill was great. ;) Do you have a headset? Didn't hear you whining. Because I did for sure. XD

Lince

Banned
Thrakier said:
Hm, I had a feeling that I had to get fairly close to my target to hit it. I had some clear hits on none moving targets which didn't register. That takes the fun away. :( Oh and I'm already General...after one week. What did they think when they made those ranks?

And the double kill was great. ;) Do you have a headset? Didn't hear you whining. Because I did for sure. XD

I don't use it for random games, but proximity voice chat is amazing, I actually heard you whining a couple of times, first when you discovered me sniping in that balcony and tried to take me out with the pistol but then I turned back and killed you with the revolver (it wasn't fair, I know) and the double melee thing :p

FFObsessed said:
Dammit. I just got 6 air drone kills in a game and it didn't give me the ribbon >_<

I doubt I'll ever do that again legitimately! :p

This is probably the only thing i would fix in this game. If it would be 1 kill gives you 1 ribbon, it would be acceptable. The drones are terrible, even when you try to let them kill you it takes them forever. I'll be honest, i got my medal for air bot kills and i cheated for it. I don't have my whole life to play this game.

Lince

Banned
NinjaCodah said:
This is probably the only thing i would fix in this game. If it would be 1 kill gives you 1 ribbon, it would be acceptable. The drones are terrible, even when you try to let them kill you it takes them forever. I'll be honest, i got my medal for air bot kills and i cheated for it. I don't have my whole life to play this game.

instead of 8x5 why not just 40 kills total ? you know ranking up is easy and fast in the game, why making the repair ability so hard to get ? makes no sense... and talking about nonsenses I joined a random game, 32 players, FF was enabled but more than 20 assault kids with turbo-boost were rocketing out anything that moved... disgusting.

Kolgar

Kuroyume said:
Get 10 sidearm kills per game. You have to do it eight times, so join pistol only matches.

Can I just say that "pistol-only" matches are completely RUINED by grenades? For fuck's sake, I go into those rooms trying to earn the M4 with pistol kills and every retard in there is spamming my ass full of grenades.

Makes me so angry I nearly turn off the damn game.

Thrakier

Lince said:
I don't use it for random games, but proximity voice chat is amazing, I actually heard you whining a couple of times, first when you discovered me sniping in that balcony and tried to take me out with the pistol but then I turned back and killed you with the revolver (it wasn't fair, I know) and the double melee thing :p

I hate it when this happens. :mad: These are the moments where I always feel like I have to fight the controls. But yeah, I'm a pretty god whiner. In one of the last games a Gaffer with C (Caleb or so I don't know) was camping in a corner and I run past him and he shot me in the back and I was furious like "oh FUCKING camper" and he loled and said sorry Seph. XD Proxmity chat really is amazing.

ok finally played the SP, it's my first playthrough and it's on Veteran, I am on the last level and I am about to break my only controller, 'this boss' fight almost makes me hate the game, why the fuck did you this GG, I would have expected something this cheap from Infinity Ward, not you. WTF!!!!!!

How do I beat this thing?
Radec

KZObsessed

NinjaCodah said:

One is too easy. But for the really hard medals like Turret and Air Drone it should be a running total, I said this in the Beta >_< Like Every 10 in total across many games you get the ribbon, or even keep it as five. To get 5 in one game is ridiculous, but be lucky they listened to Beta feedback or they would still be per ROUND :lol

Lince said:
instead of 8x5 why not just 40 kills total ? you know ranking up is easy and fast in the game, why making the repair ability so hard to get ? makes no sense... and talking about nonsenses I joined a random game, 32 players, FF was enabled but more than 20 assault kids with turbo-boost were rocketing out anything that moved... disgusting.

Man I envy those who play in community based matches. Since I never take part or apply to join anything, I'm stuck playing these random games with random people.... and I know exactly what you're saying. It has actually turned me off from playing.

Kolgar

Rapping Granny said:
ok finally played the SP, it's my first playthrough and it's on Veteran, I am on the last level and I am about to break my only controller, 'this boss' fight almost makes me hate the game, why the fuck did you this GG, I would have expected something this cheap from Infinity Ward, not you. WTF!!!!!!

Radec

Agreed. That whole last section was akin to topping a delicious cake with a stinky fat cowpie.

Cheap. Unfun. Unforgivable. And a real missed opportunity.

Liabe Brave said:
Why do you want to go to your stats page through the website while you're in the game? The game itself shows you all your stats!

But it doesn't show you the intel you've acquired... which is why I would like to view it while in the game.

Rolf NB

AndyD said:

Sounds plausible.

It's also a reasonable behavior for indoors spawn points. If you throw it into a nook or a corner, if people would spawn forward they'd face the wall. If they face backward, they face into the room. Unless other factors mess that up.

cameltoe

Kolgar said:
Agreed. That whole last section was akin to topping a delicious cake with a stinky fat cowpie.

Cheap. Unfun. Unforgivable. And a real missed opportunity.

It's not that bad. It took me much loonger to complete that fucking mile high shit on veteren then this.

Rapping Granny said:

Radec

What do you mean? The boss aint hard. He said
"I'll take care of them myself"
What's the probl...... oh wait.

That part was a total bitch on Veteran. What part are you stuck at so I don't have to discuss parts earlier on if you've passed it...?

KZObsessed

They did good in reducing the splash damage of the Rocket Launchers since the Beta, BUT they ruined it by turning off FF by default. They should have just made FF damage 1/2 or a 1/3 or normal rather than turning it off all together.

I didn't have much problem at all with them in the Beta, you did need skill to use them on occasions. I remember if there was 2 enemies and 2 allies in a room battling it out, I could time a rocket to take out the 2 enemies and leave the allies unscathed... well alive at least!

Now there is zero skill involved at all times. No penalty, you just shoot and you'll probably get at least one kill in a corridor. They need to do something about the retards who just shoot the fucking floor in front of them. You die but they survive. And it literally looks like you're fighting retards, they run up to you and aim down and the floor and BOOM. They should increase the splash damage to the person who fires the rocket only. That way they die whenever they shoot the ground in front of them. And make suicides -2 points instead of 1 just to piss them off.

Or better yet swap the rocket launchers with the LMGs... nah, that'd be too sensible!

AndyD said:

This is how it SHOULD work, IMO. That way you have the choice to run tail with a little lead time from your invincibility, but as soon as you pull your trigger it's fair game.

Kolgar said:
Can I just say that "pistol-only" matches are completely RUINED by grenades? For fuck's sake, I go into those rooms trying to earn the M4 with pistol kills and every retard in there is spamming my ass full of grenades.

Makes me so angry I nearly turn off the damn game.

Brother do I know your pain. Those were some of the few times playing games where I've thought I was gonna break my controller from twisting it so hard. It only got worse the closer I got to my goal (which I did eventually achieve).

Seriously, why isn't turning off grenades an option???

MoonsaultSlayer said:
What do you mean? The boss aint hard. He said
"I'll take care of them myself"
What's the probl...... oh wait.

That part was a total bitch on Veteran. What part are you stuck at so I don't have to discuss parts earlier on if you've passed it...?

I am at the Radec part, me and Rico are suppose to fight him and he keeps sending people after us, the farthest I got was when the flamer thrower HGHs showed up.

What if they added boundaries to certain classes? Idea: Assault class can only spawn and play in the middle of the map keeping them from camping default spawn points or specific targets (like defending/destroying targets). Tactician class CAN NOT enter an enemies base so they can't throw a spawn grenade to obliterate the other teams spawn area. Crossing a certain point of the map starts draining your health until you die. They could also limit how many of each class. Think of a sports game, you don't have X amount of Y positions playing wherever the hell they want.

Top Bottom