• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Dirtbag

MoonsaultSlayer said:
What if they added boundaries to certain classes? Idea: Assault class can only spawn and play in the middle of the map keeping them from camping default spawn points or specific targets (like defending/destroying targets). Tactician class CAN NOT enter an enemies base so they can't throw a spawn grenade to obliterate the other teams spawn area. Crossing a certain point of the map starts draining your health until you die. They could also limit how many of each class. Think of a sports game, you don't have X amount of Y positions playing wherever the hell they want.
GROSS!
Just what everyone wants in an FPS, a fucking shock collar.

Dirtbag said:

Nah.. only if your only intention of playing is just doing what ever the fuck you want without caring about objectives and team work. I don't think this should be default but should be a neat "hardcore" option or something. 2 teams with an equal amount of classes and restricted areas.... that would be so much fun because you'd be playing with people knowing what the fuck to do in their respective roles.

-viper-

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
What if they added boundaries to certain classes? Idea: Assault class can only spawn and play in the middle of the map keeping them from camping default spawn points or specific targets (like defending/destroying targets). Tactician class CAN NOT enter an enemies base so they can't throw a spawn grenade to obliterate the other teams spawn area. Crossing a certain point of the map starts draining your health until you die. They could also limit how many of each class. Think of a sports game, you don't have X amount of Y positions playing wherever the hell they want.
Uh, no.

-viper- said:

Again.. not as an exception but in addition to the default mode.

But seriously, would the military really send in guys with rocket launchers to the frontlines to blast away at a room full of friendlies and enemies...?

I view this mode as sort of a game of chess in an FPS setting.

Core407 said:
Give me the ability to shake the grenades with the sixaxis to increase the speed at which you can cook grenades at.

Yes Uncharted style.

and
bring the lightning grenade to the MP please, it's so fucking cool, it should only be effective against sentry bots.

Dirtbag

MoonsaultSlayer said:

But seriously, would the military really send in guys with rocket launchers to the frontlines to blast away at a room full of friendlies and enemies...?

The military wouldn't use rocket launchers against infantry period, they save those for vehicles.
I love the strategic elements of good FPS's but I think your idea would be more irritating then enjoyable.

So...these are the changes/additions *I* would make to the game. I'm pretty sure there's more brewing in the ol' noggin, but they'll remain there until I go hands-on with the game again (hopefully with GAFers later in the eve).

- Two second invincibility upon spawn disabled by player attack attempt
- Grenades server option
- Friendly Fire to 50% of health by default; server option to enable full
- Friendly Fire to 50% applies to same team turret splash damage
- Assault class non-Boost speed reduced 30%
- Spawn grenade disabled within enemy presence
- Enemy proximity chat through external speakers by default
- Invite Friends game lobby option
- Server and player info option from server list
- Pistol ribbon kill count lowered to 5

Feedback appreciated!

subtlesaysigh said:
So...these are the changes/additions *I* would make to the game. I'm pretty sure there's more brewing in the ol' noggin, but they'll remain there until I go hands-on with the game again (hopefully with GAFers later in the eve).

- Two second invincibility upon spawn disabled by player attack attempt
- Grenades server option
- Friendly Fire to 50% of health by default; server option to enable full
- Friendly Fire to 50% applies to same team turret splash damage
- Assault class non-Boost speed reduced 30%
- Spawn grenade disabled within enemy presence
- Enemy proximity chat through external speakers by default
- Invite Friends game lobby option
- Server and player info option from server list
- Pistol ribbon kill count lowered to 5

Feedback appreciated!

I like them all. With the bolded, do you mean permanantly? Or only while an enemy is within a certain zone around the spawn point, a player can not spawn?

belvedere

Junior Butler
I really don't get all the spawn grenade hate. Both teams can use it, and it can be dealt with.

C4 worked marvelously for me last night.

FUCK THIS GAME UP ITS ASS. I FUCKING HATE THIS PIECE OF SHIT GAME,
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I am not finishing the campain, I don't give a shit anymore, fucking retarted boss battle, piece of shit rockets shooting up your ass and your suppose to snipe them with some magical gun that can slow time down and let you shoot and dodge the rockets at the same time, what pisses me off is THAT YOU HAVE TO FUCKING DO THE WAVES ALL OVER AGAIN. FUCK YOU GUERILLA, FOR A MAKING A RETARTED CAMPAIN.

WORST FUCKING GAME EVER!

Gonna play MP now.

Nizz

Rapping Granny said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I am not finishing the campain, I don't give a shit anymore, fucking retarted boss battle, piece of shit rockets shooting up your ass and your suppose to snipe them with some magical gun that can slow time down and let you shoot and dodge the rockets at the same time, what pisses me off is THAT YOU HAVE TO FUCKING DO THE WAVES ALL OVER AGAIN. FUCK YOU GUERILLA, FOR A MAKING A RETARTED CAMPAIN.

WORST FUCKING GAME EVER!

Gonna play MP now.
Tell us how you really feel.... ;)

Rapping Granny said:

WORST FUCKING GAME EVER!

Gonna play MP now.

I took a suggestion from earlier in the thread and just set it down to easy for that part. I was stuck there for two fucking days on Veteran.

Zeliard

MoonsaultSlayer said:

That should be something that teams plan together, though, not something that you're restricted in and forced to do.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Rapping Granny said:

WORST FUCKING GAME EVER!

Gonna play MP now.

Dude, you CHOSE to play it on that difficulty. Just turn it down.

Thrakier

I'm a bit disapointed by the campagin so far (half way through the campagin). I didn't expect much from the story but so far there is like...nothing. I hope that changes a bit towards the end. It's basically killroom after killroom. The other problem I have is the worlddesign. I don't feel like I'm on another planet with a excisting culture, it's more like...so, how can we design the next level for some good firefights.

Gunplay and Graphics are pretty good though.

Nizz

Rapping Granny's post worries me. I just started playing the game on Elite. I've just gotten past the Atac and I've already died almost as many times as playing through the whole campaign on Normal. *bites his nails*

fps fanatic said:
Rapping Granny's post worries me. I just started playing the game on Elite. I've just gotten past the Atac and I've already died almost as many times as playing through the whole campaign on Normal. *bites his nails*
There's only two particularly hard bits on elite.

The train section where you need to destroy the tank and the Radec fight. The Radec fight is ever so slightly worse than particularly hard though... I don't think I'll ever beat it.

Dibbz

Just thought I'd pop in and show off the poster I got for free the other day from Chips UK.

3352773024_02dd39baae.jpg

Here is the simple fix for spawn campers. Spawn Camping was a huge issue in Warhawk, and they fixed that really quick.

Give everyone a 3-5 second window after they spawn. They are completely invisible to the enemies eyes and invulnerable. When the 3-5 seconds is up, you appear to the enemies and they can kill you.

HOWEVER, if you fire your weapon while invisible/invulnerable, then you immediately lose it and are fair game for a frag.

That is the exact same way they did it on Warhawk. This way, you could actually see your enemies, run around behind them, and kill them if they spawn camp.

Nizz

Psychotext said:
There's only two particularly hard bits on elite.

The train section where you need to destroy the tank and the Radec fight. The Radec fight is ever so slightly worse than particularly hard though... I don't think I'll ever beat it.
Wow, just thinking of
the Radec encounter alone sounds tough as hell. It's that bad, huh?
Well, I'll keep it moving unless I get extremely frustrated and just give up altogether. Usually in fps games, I'll go for the difficulty under the hardest one. Like Hardened in COD4 or Hard in Resistance 1. For some reason I feel compelled to play K2 on Elite. I know I'll probably regret it later on but I'll just keep trying till it gets too insane for me. ;)

test_account

XP-39C²
I just reached reached over 10,000 mission points in total :)

Rapping Granny said:

WORST FUCKING GAME EVER!

Gonna play MP now.
The rocket guys can actually relatively easy to avoid if you go to the top left corner (while facing Radec). At this spot the rocket guys cant hit you :) I wish there were more save points at the boss though, since you have to do the waves all over again as you say if you die at the rocket guys :\

Dibbz said:
Just thought I'd pop in and show off the poster I got for free the other day from Chips UK.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3653/3352773024_02dd39baae.jpg
Looks nice! :)

jett

D-Member
Stop coming with ideas on how to "fix" multiplayer. None of them are particularly any good. Just get the better at the game plz.

edit: The only thing that needs fixing is the final area in singleplayer. If any Guerrilla dev is reading, it seriously taints the ENTIRE campaign. When you're done, you don't feel accomplished or relief, the only thing you feel is insane murderous intent against every single soul responsible for the development of KZ2. Put an extra checkpoint in there, I dunno, but for god's sake do something about it.

Kittonwy said:
The problem I have with spawn points right now is that tacticians are always throwing them in the wrong direction, granted if they switch the direction 180 degrees, those guys would still get it wrong, in the end we need better tacticians, the problem is that I'm not playing tactician right now, but then I could also turn water into wine and walk on water but I don't want to.
angry.gif
People's idiotic spawn placement bugs me so much, that I've stopped playing as a Medic and started playing as a Tactician. (Getting the Air Support badge really made that possible--thanks again to Ploid 3.0 and Rikyfree!)

I guarantee that all my spawn placements are facing toward enemy strongpoints, but in cover from them.

jett said:
Protip: no offense, but all of your ideas suck. Stop being lame at the game plzkthnx.
I could live without any class or weapon balancing; it's not like the game is unplayable or unfun. But there are two things that have nothing to do with player skill, and which do need fixing:

1. Spawn grenades right next to objectives in Warzone.
2. No party system.

jett said:
Stop coming with ideas on how to "fix" multiplayer. None of them are particularly any good. Just get the better at the game plz.

edit: The only thing that needs fixing is the final area in singleplayer. If any Guerrilla dev is reading, it seriously taints the ENTIRE campaign. When you're done, you don't feel accomplished or relief, the only thing you feel is insane murderous intent against every single soul responsible for the development of KZ2. Put an extra checkpoint in there, I dunno, but for god's sake do something about it.

...and I quote...

jett said:
Just get the better at the game plz.

Just thought I'd throw that at ya. :lol I personally don't think the game needs fixing, but there are some balance issues and just overall decent features that would make the MP even more enjoyable. Nothing wrong with that.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I like them all. With the bolded, do you mean permanantly? Or only while an enemy is within a certain zone around the spawn point, a player can not spawn?

Only while an enemy is occupying the zone surrounding the spawn point. As long as the spawn grenade is active, it is a POSSIBLE spawn point.

jett said:

I don't know if it is just the end of the game. The train part is a real fucking chore on both Vet. and Elite. I really only got past that due to dumb luck. Funny that both situations are with Rico. And by funny I mean I hate that fucking bastard and I hope that he dies a slow and painful death. Help you, motherfucker? Help yourself to the end of my goddamn rifle.

Seriously I wish I could kill my Alpha Squad mates sometimes.

That aside, Radec is so fucking cool. Him on the bridge is probably one of my favourite videogame scenes.

icechai

subtlesaysigh said:
I personally don't think the game needs fixing, but there are some balance issues and just overall decent features that would make the MP even more enjoyable. Nothing wrong with that.

don't know why they "fixed" the spawn points from the beta, that actually made being tactician so much more important as each spawn point did not make you invulnerable and placing them in well defended/hidden places was an art. And if you die from spawning there you know its compromised. I had some great Radec Academy games in beta with the old spawn system, now i put up with the new system but its way more annoying.

jett

D-Member
the_prime_mover said:
I don't know if it is just the end of the game. The train part is a real fucking chore on both Vet. and Elite. I really only got past that due to dumb luck. Funny that both situations are with Rico. And by funny I mean I hate that fucking bastard and I hope that he dies a slow and painful death. Help you, motherfucker? Help yourself to the end of my goddamn rifle.

Seriously I wish I could kill my Alpha Squad mates sometimes.

That aside, Radec is so fucking cool. Him on the bridge is probably one of my favourite videogame scenes.

Eh I had no problem beating the train in Veteran...right now I've reached Visari Palace and I seriously DREAD continuing. That level on trooper was one of the worst experiences I've had in the 20 years I've been playing video games.

Kittonwy

Banned
Rapping Granny said:

WORST FUCKING GAME EVER!

Gonna play MP now.

LOL.
Indifferent2.gif

jett said:
Eh I had no problem beating the train in Veteran...right now I've reached Visari Palace and I seriously DREAD continuing. That level on trooper was one of the worst experiences I've had in the 20 years I've been playing video games.

Really? On Trooper I actually thought Visari's Palace and the final fight was super intense and stressful but not unenjoyable. Those feelings are what I would want from a final boss encounter of a realistic shooter...

It DID make me realize that I would probably NEVER play this game on Elite though. At least not for "fun".
I know it's taboo to mention other shooters in these threads, but as an example the final encounter in the missile base in COD4 was MY idea of dreadful. Fucking timer, my ass!

jett said:

Perhaps different play style preferences. I found the end fight difficult, but not frustrating. However, the bridge and the train had me cursing the game and the developers. With that said, I have not reached the end of the game on Elite. I am only now at the part that is emulated by Visari's Hammer. I imagine I will be happy for the checkpoints I get in the last encounter while simultaneously cursing the lack of additional checkpoints.

JB1981

jett said:

Wrong. There are a lot of things that can be improved and several people have offered good suggestions.

Kittonwy said:
I finished teh last fight on Elite no prob.

Sure you did. :lol

---

Those of you getting really pissed (e.g, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU) at the last fight in Visari Palace: what difficulty are you playing it on?

It was tough but fun and doable on Trooper, I thought.

(No story spoilers, just refers to what enemies spawn when and some trophy info.)

I understand the frustration of taking out the rolling assholes that run up the stairs, but at that point you should know when the RPG dicks appear. And you can always knock it down to Trooper at the end, if you want. You won't even get penalized in terms of trophies, since there's no trophy for Veteran completion.

Is that part really that much worse on Veteran? I'm making my way up to it on that diff. level now. It would seem to me that as long as you know WHEN the first RPG fuckers pop out, the only serious challenge (as long as you know the sequence of people spawning) is to kill the rolling assholes who make it up the stairs just before then.

icechai

RedRedSuit said:

---

Those of you getting really pissed (e.g, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU) at the last fight in Visari Palace: what difficulty are you playing it on?

It was tough but fun and doable on Trooper, I thought.
ALK@^#JAL@#K^HA@#LKH@AL#K^HA@L#^KHA@#LK^HA@L#^KH@LK#^H@LA#K^AL@#K^HL@#K^H

spoiler tag the above please >_<

Cruzader

Banned
i remember the days when ppls thought kz2 was gonna be a cakewalk...lol.."oh that guy aint dying, must be god mode wah wah ai sucks.."

jett

D-Member
RedRedSuit said:

---

It was tough but fun and doable on Trooper, I thought. I understand the frustration of taking out the rolling assholes that run up the stairs, but at that point you should know when the RPG dicks appear. And you can always knock it down to Trooper at the end, if you want. You won't even get penalized in terms of trophies, since there's no trophy for Veteran completion.

Is that part really that much worse on Veteran? I'm making my way up to it on that diff. level now. It would seem to me that as long as you know WHEN the first RPG fuckers pop out, the only serious challenge (as long as you know the sequence of people spawning) is to kill the rolling assholes who make it up the stairs just before then.

For me it was mostly the double-whammy of ASSHOLE LEVEL DESIGN and ASSHOLE BOSS. The boss I think enraged me most. I actually forced myself to turn off the PS3 and try again the next day. :p At least I got his trophy so I don't have to worry about that.

Top Bottom