• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

WTFing

Banned
Gully State said:
Why did GG give so much time for coverage? It would be awesome PR if they moved up the release date. A lot of the Killzone 2 hype is dying down.
GG did their job, and they did it more than well. They delivered an awesome game, we know that.
Now this guy has to do his job too, but there's no money in the bank!
dirty_nail.jpg

Look at his face, he never ever touched a sixaxis/dualshock in his life, he's the boss. Gamers in HK and ME are playing KILLZONE 2 right now. Do you think he cares? Of course not. I want to put my elbow on his face.
I'm not even talking about the french useless nameless qui ne sert à rien mais à vraiment rien.
Where's my KILLZONE 2 motherfuckers!

Mik2121

I'm starting my new school project and this time it will be a movie in a world similar to the one in Killzone 2. Can't wait for the game to be released so I can play it like crazy and get tons of ideas from it :D :D :D

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Ballistictiger said:
Killzone 2 hype is a rollercoaster.

It went up and down tons of times.

E3 2007 - went sky high and then went down after a long disappearance.
GDC 08 - went up a bit and down a bit. People were questioning the fun factor.
E3 2008 - went up a bit higher thanks for the multi player footages.
Fall 2008 - Beta, nuff said.
Dec/Jan - Hype reached a new high thanks to reviews.

Feb - hype drops due to a long wait.

Future Feb 25-27- Hype will climax when the game releases.

I just think it was bad idea from sony to send the review codes to magazine/sites too early , it's just wrong , the reviews hit soo soon , the talk and Discussion about the game was that time , now a lot of people will only wait for the game , no Discussions and no hype .

Gears of War , GTA4 style with releasing the reviews at the same week with the game was perfect for the hype imo , but yeah this is Sony , they are pure stupid mofos .

xiked

Banned
Would be great to know how Sony is thinking whit there ads strategy. I mean, I have not seen anything yet and Sony said on there blog that it would be a huge investment in ads for this game...Where is it?!

EDIT
btw. just read that the guardian wrote this:

The Guardian relased it's review of Killzone 2 in todays paper. Whilst the reviewer praises the game, his closing comments read: "This is still the Playstation 3's best shooter, even if it is not quite up to the awesome standard of Xbox 360's Gears Of War 2."

Was that necessary from the guardian?

thaOwner

xiked said:
Would be great to know how Sony is thinking whit there ads strategy. I mean, I have not seen anything yet and Sony said on there blog that it would be a huge investment in ads for this game...Where is it?!

EDIT

The Guardian relased it's review of Killzone 2 in todays paper. Whilst the reviewer praises the game, his closing comments read: "This is still the Playstation 3's best shooter, even if it is not quite up to the awesome standard of Xbox 360's Gears Of War 2."

According the PSBlog, they planned to start advertising mid February which technically
started yesterday and I ain't seen shit though. The only ad i have seen was on IGN.com
when i went there to look at the FEAR 2 review.

Thrakier

xiked said:

It would be necessary if it would be true. But it's not. So...

spwolf

Neo-Sheperd said:
According the PSBlog, they planned to start advertising mid February which technically
started yesterday and I ain't seen shit though. The only ad i have seen was on IGN.com
when i went there to look at the FEAR 2 review.

take it easy... they will advertise the hell out of it... no point on doing it before game is released, a lot of people are bitching that they released reviews too early...

DeeVoc

Neo Member
Agh, contemplating sending something back to Gamefly top open up a spot just in case they move the street date for KZ2.

Preemptive response to, "Why don't you just buy it since we all know this will be the most awesomest game to ever grace a console?".

I very well may buy it after seeing if controls hinder the MP experience for me. Add in the fact that from GF it'll run me $45 with the "used" price and a $5 coupon.

Ceb

SolidSnakex said:
I wish they would've played the Helghast March.

Seems like they did. :) Hopefully it gets added soon.

ChryZ: Yeah, I'm waiting for Killzone 2 - nothing else cuts it. :D

Truant

The music in the intro and in the main-menu is excellent. In the game, it's mostly garbage. Why didn't they use a real orchestra for the in-game music as well?

KZObsessed

Amazing wallpapers!

Jeff Rubenstein replied on February 15, 2009 at 9:56 am

You will be impressed. We’ll let you see the ad before it starts airing, and you won’t have to wait long.

^^ Awesome. They'll probably show us the ad this week and we'll probably see them air next week leading up to launch and beyond. BEYOND!

Donos

any idea when the Killzone 2 ads are going to start? I know you guys will have it on here first, so tell me I am going to be impressed! Thanks!

Jeff Rubenstein replied on February 15, 2009 at 9:56 am

You will be impressed. We’ll let you see the ad before it starts airing, and you won’t have to wait long.

Please not too artsy. Ballet of Death artsy is fine :)

matticus

Mik2121 said:
I know this is a bit offtopic but.. I just started my new school project (we don't need to start it until June, but hey...) and I'm going for a Killzone 2 style!. I'm doing some sketches now and uploaded the first one on my site.

Check it out here: http://mik2121.com/en/drawings/new-school-sketches

And tell me what you think about it! :3 :3

Very cool Mik, maybe some glow around the eyes?

Use subtle orange reflections on the top of the tube and where it connects to the mask? Just a suggestion...

Something like this? Maybe it doesn't go with the style you're going for though

concept01copy.png

Donos said:
Please not too artsy. Ballet of Death artsy is fine :)

Would have worked out great if they had a commercial for the NBA all star weekend, since they are already sponsoring the event.

What a missed oppertunity to grab the 18-30 male market attention.

Rapping Granny said:
Would have worked out great if they had a commercial for the NBA all star weekend, since they are already sponsoring the event.

What a missed oppertunity to grab the 18-30 male market attention.

Isn't the game tonight?

Mik2121

matticus said:
Very cool Mik, maybe some glow around the eyes?

Use subtle orange reflections on the top of the tube and where it connects to the mask? Just a suggestion...

Something like this? Maybe it doesn't go with the style you're going for though

concept01copy.png
I made some glow on the second head I made:

soldierconcepts01.jpg

But didn't made the glow on the first one because I wasn't sure about letting the design like that, and making some glow would mean having to re-draw more if I changed something.

But thanks for the comment :p - I guess I will add the glow reflections now. Thanks!.

matticus

Mik2121 said:
I made some glow on the second head I made:

But didn't made the glow on the first one because I wasn't sure about letting the design like that, and making some glow would mean having to re-draw more if I changed something.

But thanks for the comment :p

Cool man, well let us know when it's done, I like what I've seen so far!

Mik2121

matticus said:
Cool man, well let us know when it's done, I like what I've seen so far!
Thanks!. I will do some full body sketches for the soldiers between tomorrow and the next day (it's too late today.. gotta go to sleep already), then I'll have to choose what style I'll keep, and then make other classes based on said style.

I also made some 'ranks' for the soldiers and their visuals will change depending on said ranks, so the whole 'sketches' part will take a very long time :D

matticus

Mik2121 said:
Thanks!. I will do some full body sketches for the soldiers between tomorrow and the next day (it's too late today.. gotta go to sleep already), then I'll have to choose what style I'll keep, and then make other classes based on said style.

I also made some 'ranks' for the soldiers and their visuals will change depending on said ranks, so the whole 'sketches' part will take a very long time :D

Sounds fun... sometime I miss art school ... mostly not, but sometimes! :lol

matticus

Rapping Granny said:
I only watched the slam dunk competition, which was dissapointing.

Yeah, the best dunker lost. Dwight Howard's throw off the side of the backboard was the most impressive dunk.

But... LeBron said he's doing it next year ... I'll definitely tune in for that!

rexor0717

I'm not the kind of person who really cares about spoilers, so I went and watched the entire game walk through (Almost 6 hours of video, I didn't watch it one sitting though).
I was hoping that by watching it, it would make me less excited about this game. But it didn't, now I just want to play it more than ever.

The game is done and ready, why not release it now? >_>
Maybe I am just impatient.

Top Bottom