• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

No_Style

I just started MP. Got two whole games under my belt. Even this early, I can tell that completing objectives aside from Assassination and Body Count is going to be tough.

Kittonwy

Banned
Maggot9 said:
i wasn't in that room, haha.

i'm starting not to like the multiplayer. I get online for 1 maybe 2 matches then i've had enough. even 8v8 seems like too much with the spawncamping and such. oh well, i guess i'll go play The Darkness multiplayer

LOL, I thought it was you, it reminded me when we were playing SOCOM and you were dancing over my dead body.
Indifferent2.gif

icechai

hmm anyone else getting disconnected from network 20007? as soon as it retrieves universe list right now, nothing on official forums

cakefoo

YoungHav said:
Can anyone gimme tips on getting a better K/D ratio? I'm at .8, I'll be satisfied with a 1.
Just play the game and enjoy it. Don't be that wuss not doing any objectives for his team just so when people look at his stats they get the false impression that you're good at the game. Just pick whatever class is appropriate for the task you need to do to help your team win the game, and the fragrate will come naturally.

____

Elite:

Visari Palace.
Right before the doors to Radec fight.

I got to the door ONCE and it didn't give me the checkpoint/saving icon before I got killed so it sent me back.

WHY CAN'T I PASS THIS STAGE?

The ally A.I. is some of the worst I've ever seen. They stand out in the open and get killed and I have to decide to revive or not. I revive and they die again. They don't even kill 80% of the time that I can notice.

And I don't want to quit for the night because I'd have to re-do the entire level.

Worst CHECKPOINT spots ever (on elite at least) :lol

Man, I'm on edge right now.

cakefoo said:
Just play the game and enjoy it. Don't be that wuss not doing any objectives for his team just so when people look at his stats they get the false impression that you're good at the game. Just pick whatever class is appropriate for the task you need to do to help your team win the game, and the fragrate will come naturally.

Aren't there people in the top ranks that barely have a 1.00 K/D ratio?

Maggot9

Banned
____ said:
Elite:

Visari Palace.

I got to the door ONCE and it didn't give me the checkpoint/saving icon before I got killed so it sent me back.

The ally A.I. is some of the worst I've ever seen. They stand out in the open and get killed and I have to decide to revive or not. I revive and they die again. They don't even kill 80% of the time that I can notice.

And I don't want to quit for the night because I'd have to re-do the entire level.

Are you at the very last stretch before the door? There's a shit load of enemies just in that one area. Just gotta keep pushing forward every once in a while so all of your teammates can follow you and rush the door. Use all of your grenades whenever you get them. About5 Helghast will come out from the door once you think everything's clear, so watch out. And only use the LAG3 (?) machine gun, shit is devastating in bursts.

____

Maggot9 said:
Are you at the very last stretch before the door? There's a shit load of enemies just in that one area. Just gotta keep pushing forward every once in a while so all of your teammates can follow you and rush the door. Use all of your grenades whenever you get them. About5 Helghast will come out from the door once you think everything's clear, so watch out. And only use the LAG3 (?) machine gun, shit is devastating in bursts.

I FINALLY beat it, and that's just about what I did.

I just got sick of those cheap deaths....sometimes I'd be pushing along pushing along pushing along and then out of nowhere I just die. Or sometimes cover wouldn't work properly (i.e. i'd hit L2 but wouldn't attach to cover that I KNOW can be used or sometimes I'm effectively using cover but still taking hits from the front.)

I'm finally at the Radec fight though, and I turned it off. I'll jump on that tomorrow :lol
I'm worn out for now.

Core407 said:
The game doesn't work well when playing to the objectives.

heyo, what?

Maybe I'm growing more and more accustomed to 16 player cap matches, but as long as you do a bit of overseeing with your squad, I find that most players get the hang of the objectives, no problem.

You'd be surprised how often people listen to you when you ask them to do something. How effective they are at it...well, varies, obviously.

Damn, just came back from a week long cruise and I'm super rusty. I see they altered the responsiveness of the look as well.
Time for another marathon session!

Kittonwy

Banned
____ said:
Elite:

Visari Palace.

I thought that level wasn't so bad on elite, but you really have to be patient.
Indifferent2.gif

Has Guerrilla given up on KZ2 already? I am still baffled as to how the website is still running super slow, no comments have been made about any new patches or anything...I expected them to be really into this and get into the community. :S

lunlunqq

i need someone who's in the gaf clan and plays more often in my friend list. i haven't played any gaf games in the past three days? where are you? Aeon and M3freak? why nobody on my list is playing now?

icechai

Wow, the train seemed hard

Until i stopped caring about Rico and just lured the waves of enemies towards me and jumped back on the tank turret, buahahah, although it took a little while

completing the game on Elite is definitely taking a LOT longer than normal, crazy firefights though. Almost as satisfying as Uncharted on crushing, which is saying a lot as that is my all time fav single player experience.

Kittonwy

Banned
lunlunqq said:
i need someone who's in the gaf clan and plays more often in my friend list. i haven't played any gaf games in the past three days? where are you? Aeon and M3freak? why nobody on my list is playing now?

I was playing all night tonight, didn't see anyone else on from east coast.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
icechai said:
Wow, the train seemed hard

Until i stopped caring about Rico and just lured the waves of enemies towards me and jumped back on the tank turret, buahahah, although it took a little while

completing the game on Elite is definitely taking a LOT longer than normal, crazy firefights though. Almost as satisfying as Uncharted on crushing, which is saying a lot as that is my all time fav single player experience.

I was surprised how tactical playing on elite was, it really was about finding an advantageous firing position and staying out of harm's way while figuring out a way to flank the helghasts.
Indifferent2.gif

Grayman

CrushDance said:
Has Guerrilla given up on KZ2 already? I am still baffled as to how the website is still running super slow, no comments have been made about any new patches or anything...I expected them to be really into this and get into the community. :S
The website has always been slow. Even a few years ago the website was slow.

Guenther

YoungHav said:
Can anyone gimme tips on getting a better K/D ratio? I'm at .8, I'll be satisfied with a 1.
Go for the smaller games (8vs8 or even 4vs4).
But why bother for the ratio? Gain points for doing the objectives!

Zen

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I was surprised how tactical playing on elite was, it really was about finding an advantageous firing position and staying out of harm's way while figuring out a way to flank the helghasts.
Indifferent2.gif

That's why Elite > Any other difficulty.

Kevtones

Fuck I just played it for the first time for about an hour.

The first level had its highs/lows (mostly due to me getting used to the controls), but the presentation is FUCK AWESOME.

Second level, I'm now getting it fully and holy shit do I dig it. The presentation seriously sells me on this one. So damn beautiful and I can just tell how addictive this game will be throughout the different difficulty levels.

So a couple questions before I plunk down the $$$ and buy it

- How long is it?
- Is the multiplayer worth it?

obaidr

Banned
- How long is it?

If you start on veteran it will be about 10 hours if you are a core FPS player. It will be about 7-8 hours if you are a hardcore FPS player but you should really play the game on veteran. It is so much better and more intense. You really need to use the cover mechanic to come throw the level and you cannot just run throw the whole game and kill everyone.

Kevtones

Tenkai Star said:
Oh hell yeah! If you play with just randoms guys its just awesome. But if you play in a clan its mindblowing!

Hmmm, it's got a similar level up/perk system to COD does? I'm sort of fresh to the whole experience and I'm in the mood for a new FPS...

Skipped dinner to beat Elite on Sunday night,

I literally felt like crying after finally being able to get past the Balcony part of the Radec fight. After that, everything was just a relaxing breeze.

Anyway, usually playing through the hardest difficulty of the SP campaign would make me a better player at the MP. However, I don't feel it's the same with this game, mainly due to the lack of cover in MP I guess...

sun-drop

umm so i casually dropped into my 1st game on that desert MP map, 32 plrs ....

o_O

thats seriously the most impressive, and fun map i've ever played in a shooter. period.

Gibb

Core407 said:
Yeah, not really. I'll generally spawn with the squad but often they'll spawn in chaos and I'd rather just not run into that and die in 5 seconds.
that is usually the case with bad squad leaders

thaOwner

CrushDance said:

Am more surprised as to why better arrangements were not made ahead of time and gamers who actually
went to buy the game have to put up with that shitty site. Why couldn't they go for a more user friendly site and better servers ?
It's been over two weeks and the site is still slow as hell. The first few days were understandable but right now, there are no excuses really.

andycapps

TheRagnCajun said:
play engineer with repair ability on pistols only match. :D . The mounted guns are increadibly over-powered.

I hate playing engineer when shotguns are banned. Yeah the shotgun is powerful at short range, but it's neutered at long range. I don't know who you people are that are saying it's accurate at long range, but I find that over 30 feet or so that it's impossible to kill anyone within 3-4 shots. I'm better off just using my pistol and going for headshots at that range. Anyway, people need to stop disabling the shotgun unless they're going to go pistols only for all the other classes as well.

spwolf

CrushDance said:

yeah, they took the money and are gone... i heard sony cant reach them anymore

:D

matticus

Neo-Sheperd said:
Am more surprised as to why better arrangements were not made ahead of time and gamers who actually
went to buy the game have to put up with that shitty site. Why couldn't they go for a more user friendly site and better servers ?
It's been over two weeks and the site is still slow as hell. The first few days were understandable but right now, there are no excuses really.

Wholly agree. On the web, I think we'll all take functionality over flashy graphics any day.

Hari Seldon

Another stupid question. Can you change the gun you have selected in MP after the map has started? I don't know the names of the maps yet and I often pick the wrong weapon for the map type.

Hari Seldon said:
Another stupid question. Can you change the gun you have selected in MP after the map has started? I don't know the names of the maps yet and I often pick the wrong weapon for the map type.
Yep. Die, and before respawning hit L1/R1 to go to the character screen. Move the selector down to your guns and L/R to switch. Some roles do not have access to all a weapons, such as engineer only having the shotgun. The default soldier has the widest selection.

Hari Seldon

Winterblink said:
Yep. Die, and before respawning hit L1/R1 to go to the character screen. Move the selector down to your guns and L/R to switch. Some roles do not have access to all a weapons, such as engineer only having the shotgun. The default soldier has the widest selection.

Thanks dude that helps a ton! I figured you could but I never noticed anything on the menus to do so.

KZObsessed

It was WARZONE but it went on for like an hour.

They need to let us see the game options before we join. And give us more search options.

andycapps said:
I hate playing engineer when shotguns are banned. Yeah the shotgun is powerful at short range, but it's neutered at long range. I don't know who you people are that are saying it's accurate at long range, but I find that over 30 feet or so that it's impossible to kill anyone within 3-4 shots. I'm better off just using my pistol and going for headshots at that range. Anyway, people need to stop disabling the shotgun unless they're going to go pistols only for all the other classes as well.

I have found myself playing pistols only matches almost exclusivly now. Playing engineer in those matches is very effective. People have a harder time taking out turrets, and like I said, with a mouted gun infront of you, especially on helgan industries map, you can rack up insane kills. I've walked into matches half-way through and climbed to the top before it was over.

AndyD

aka andydumi
FFObsessed said:
It was WARZONE but it went on for like an hour.

They need to let us see the game options before we join. And give us more search options.

I agree. We went on forever on a warzone game as well. There was no way either party would give up in the defend rounds, so they each went on for 30 minutes if I remember right.

The highest points on winning team got nearly 500. I got nearly 200. My highest ever. It was exhausting though. But not tedious.

AndyD said:
I agree. We went on forever on a warzone game as well. There was no way either party would give up in the defend rounds, so they each went on for 30 minutes if I remember right.

The highest points on winning team got nearly 500. I got nearly 200. My highest ever. It was exhausting though. But not tedious.
ITS WAR! =P

KZObsessed

AndyD said:

30 minutes? Good lord. I thought the 10 minute rounds just then were long enough.

It was actually a good game tho, just a little frustrating.

GodofWine

I was in a 30 minute 'defend' round last night..it was awesome, we made it through the full 30 minutes. I was the only tactician I think, I deserved a cookie for the work I did.

I need to get back into the GAF clan now that my new PSN (old one went poof) name is leveled up nicely.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Tenkai Star said:
ITS WAR! =P

Its the first time I had to ever take a break after an MP round in a game ever. My eyes were all dried up from not blinking. After 15 minutes and a beer, I hopped right back in.

I have had to stop before in SP after marathon runs of GT endurance races.

Top Bottom