• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

M3Freak

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
So, what is the status on this game online? Beamber, are you not setting up matches anymore on a regular basis? If not, who is? This game is dropping like a lead weight for me due to the piss poor PSN communication tools to get people together in this game.

It's the sole reason why I am not playing it online, and I know it's the reason why the old RFoM guys aren't playing it together (aside from a couple of guys that don't like the online component).

I don't understand, at all, why any developer would leave out playing in parties. Granted, this feature should be supported by PSN, but until then, put that shit in yourselves, damn it!!

Bob White

Okay, been off the grid for a few days. Did a patch come out and fix the controls or something?

If so, does it now control better than the demo?

andycapps

M3Freak said:
It's the sole reason why I am not playing it online, and I know it's the reason why the old RFoM guys aren't playing it together (aside from a couple of guys that don't like the online component).

I don't understand, at all, why any developer would leave out playing in parties. Granted, this feature should be supported by PSN, but until then, put that shit in yourselves, damn it!!

Pretty sure they read GAF enough and have heard on the official forum enough that people want parties. You think everyone will come back if parties are integrated? There are plenty of people online for anyone to play with right now, but I prefer playing with Gaffers any day of the week. I used to always see people in Beamber's games, not lately.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
andycapps said:
Pretty sure they read GAF enough and have heard on the official forum enough that people want parties. You think everyone will come back if parties are integrated? There are plenty of people online for anyone to play with right now, but I prefer playing with Gaffers any day of the week. I used to always see people in Beamber's games, not lately.
I think the fact that it takes the dedication of someone like Beamber to keep the thrill going is unfair to Beamber. He, or anyone else, should not be expected to make up for the shortcomings of this game online by scheduling a game every night. One reason, for better or worse, MP games on XBL and Steam are successful is because on any given night, a person can get plugged into a game with a group of friends without depending on one of those friends to be there every night. The ease of doing this is what makes these games more addictive and why they last longer. When I think of how Resistance, a launch title, got so much right when it came to getting people together, I can only scratch my head wondering how GG and others have missed the mark since then.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:

You can find someone on your friends list quickly without a party though.

Click and Spartan and I were playing last night, I don't see you online much, it would work better I guess if they patch in home integration or some sort of party system, but it really isn't hard to find people to play with. Not sure why you're having such a hard time finding people to play, most of the time it's more of a matter of people simply not being online than being in a game and not being able to find them.
Indifferent2.gif

obaidr

Banned
Thrakier said:
I want to have the option to play the game in english. It's a joke that I have to delete the savegame to change that. I don't want to delete it.

GG FIX THIS SHIT!!!! Honestly...

change your system language? That should work.

jmd494

As much as KZ2 is a better game as compared to R2 (in my opinion), I'm really missing some of R2's online features, like:
- much better performance
- parties
- matchmaking
- more rank levels with more unlocks (costumes, etc...)
- map scaling
- kill camera
- better XP system (points for shooting people...not just killing people, points for assists, more points for mission based accomplishments)
- automatic squads
- more intuitive menus for changing classes midgame

Don't get me wrong, KZ2 is a lot of fun online and has better core gameplay...but I wish the Insomniac online guys could have had their crack at KZ2.

andycapps

DenogginizerOS said:
I think the fact that it takes the dedication of someone like Beamber to keep the thrill going is unfair to Beamber. He, or anyone else, should not be expected to make up for the shortcomings of this game online by scheduling a game every night. One reason, for better or worse, MP games on XBL and Steam are successful is because on any given night, a person can get plugged into a game with a group of friends without depending on one of those friends to be there every night. The ease of doing this is what makes these games more addictive and why they last longer. When I think of how Resistance, a launch title, got so much right when it came to getting people together, I can only scratch my head wondering how GG and others have missed the mark since then.

Oh I know, they need a party system, bad. I will not be able to play until probably Saturday night or Sunday afternoon-evening as am busy tonight and will be out of town Friday night and won't be back until late Saturday. Yay for busy schedules constantly and going to see the in-laws that I don't really want to see.

Boss Man

Justin Dailey said:
Don't get me wrong, KZ2 is a lot of fun online and has better core gameplay...but I wish the Insomniac online guys could have had their crack at KZ2.
...No.

Finally took a jab at SP. Took me just over 5 hours to complete on Trooper. I'll go after Elite eventually for the trophy. I actually liked it being on the shorter side since I'm really more of a MP guy. Enjoyed every minute of it and it never got annoying or tiring. It's funny that I've logged about 60 hours online since launch and only just now finished the 5 hour campaign though. :lol

All of the deaths were really shocking to me. Definitely didn't expect to see so many main characters etched out. They just got Evelyn back and then...shot dead. Templar's death got to me a little bit, I think because he started swinging at Radec. Also,
fuck all of the Rico haters.
I love that he silenced Visari at the end. He probably knew that Visari was right about all of the politics; that maybe the ISA would drop Visari right back down onto Helghan when things got rough. So he took the opportunity for justice right there.

andycapps

StateofMind said:
Finally took a jab at SP. Took me just over 5 hours to complete on Trooper. I'll go after Elite eventually for the trophy. I actually liked it being on the shorter side since I'm really more of a MP guy. Enjoyed every minute of it and it never got annoying or tiring. It's funny that I've logged about 60 hours online since launch and only just now finished the 5 hour campaign though. :lol

All of the deaths were really shocking to me. Definitely didn't expect to see so many main characters etched out. They just got Evelyn back and then...shot dead. Templar's death got to me a little bit, I think because he started swinging at Radec.
Also, fuck all of the Rico haters.
I love that he silenced Visari at the end. He probably knew that Visari was right about all of the politics; that maybe the ISA would drop Visari right back down onto Helghan when things got rough. So he took the opportunity for justice right there.

It'll take you a lot longer than that on Veteran or Elite. I eventually switched to trooper just so I can get through the campaign. Veteran is much more fun gameplay wise, but it was taking me too long and I'm impatient.
Just finished the mech suit part last night. Starting to hate Rico, but not quite as much yet as I did in KZ1.

ChryZ

M3Freak said:

The party thing would change a lot. It would require a different approach to match making, balancing teams, etc.

I know where you're coming from, if you want it to be a bit like the RFoM way then create game without team balance and agree on a certain team. Also the clan tools are pretty awesome, challenge other teams and go to war in one party.

Raist

Banned
Yes, a party system would be quite useful, but people should stop acting like it's IMPOSSIBLE to play with friends.

You're in the same clan? Use the tourney/challenge system which is quite well done, despite a few issues.

Not in the same clan? Create a room, put autobalance off, and pick a faction right from the start. Problem solved. You'll even have full control on the game's settings.

Boss Man

Justin Dailey said:
Not from a gameplay perspective, or a level design perspective...but I think it's hard to argue that KZ2 wouldn't be a better with the R2 features I listed above.
The party system is nice, but I hate the COD4 EXP counter when you're shooting people. It was cool in COD4, but I don't want to ever see it again. Resistance 2 feels so fake online. It's some awful cross between Halo and Call of Duty. I honestly wonder if the same people who were responsible for the awesome Resistance: Fall of Man multiplayer even had anything to do with Resistance 2.

But yeah, parties are the only thing on your list that I'd want from R2...and that's probably only because KZ2 has no party system at all right now, so it can't be better. Well, unlockable costumes would be cool too I guess.

AndyD

aka andydumi
StateofMind said:
The party system is nice, but I hate the COD4 EXP counter when you're shooting people.

I liked it in R2, but it does not have a place in KZ2. I wish I could play KZ2 online with no crosshair like SP, but the Sab disguise alert relies on it too much.

I played it that way for a bit and it is awesome. Much more visceral.

I wish you could force no hud, no crosshair in the server options.

KZObsessed

AndyD said:
I liked it in R2, but it does not have a place in KZ2. I wish I could play KZ2 online with no crosshair like SP, but the Sab disguise alert relies on it too much.

That would be amazing and something I'd play with regularly. Hardcore mode.
KlintIndifference.gif

GAF games with that would be great.

JardeL

Justin Dailey said:
As much as KZ2 is a better game as compared to R2 (in my opinion), I'm really missing some of R2's online features, like:
- much better performance
- parties
- matchmaking
- more rank levels with more unlocks (costumes, etc...)
- map scaling
- kill camera
- better XP system (points for shooting people...not just killing people, points for assists, more points for mission based accomplishments)
- automatic squads
- more intuitive menus for changing classes midgame

You gotta be kidding ... If you don't cheat [ I mean creating 1 vs 1 game and try to unlock every thing ] its gonna take too much time to unlock every single medal ...

You got extra points per kill with unlocking medals ... C&H or S&D or Bodycount kills and many more are 3 points per kill ... And you also got extra points if you place bombs and blow up the target ...

No need for automatics squads ... What if I dont want to be in a random squad ?.. What if I want to create my own squad ?..

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FFObsessed said:
Ok, just found a server called NEOGAF... with no gaffers in it :lol
Maybe they are gaffers but not clan members.

Ive been playing more this week than ever, but I dont see as many GAF rooms as normal. There was a good one going on monday I believe though. The ONLY thing bothering me is I finally ranked up and got the scout, but now the points progress halts right? I mean, they should have still just let the points keep going up even though your not getting anything. I know my buddies are always talking about being 5th prestige in cod4, you dont get anything but a different icon, but still, its something.

Raist

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
Ive been playing more this week than ever, but I dont see as many GAF rooms as normal.

Maybe part of the reason is that we (GAFe) have started to play a shitload of tournaments every night so we don't put any game up

andycapps

Raist said:
Maybe part of the reason is that we (GAFe) have started to play a shitload of tournaments every night so we don't put any game up

Where are these advertised? The online thread? I need to start checking that out more. :lol

Firewire said:
Thanks!

It was fun playing with you and Click last night, good games!
Wait, CLick is still playing? He didn't play for 3-4 and that's usually the deathnail with him; Ha said he didn't like all the exploits. BeatBox is a lost cause, he really hates the multiplayer. I'll play some today or tonight after I finish my homework so check for me.

Rikyfree

Joe211 said:
Hey that train section was awful and now you're telling me this is a joke compared to Visari Palace.
I hope I can finish it today.
Take your time, but progress. Be careful and line up your shots. Try not to get hunkered down in one spot, but know when its safe to move forward a little bit at a time. Grenades, specifically the shock ones are good for stunning the enemy, allowing you to move quickly and dispose of a few lying around before they gang up on you quickly. When that happens, just find a good choke point, and knife them to death.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
andycapps said:
Where are these advertised? The online thread? I need to start checking that out more. :lol
If you are looking for GAF Europe, then Raist can help. If you are looking for GAF East, then I don't think he can.

andycapps

DenogginizerOS said:
If you are looking for GAF Europe, then Raist can help. If you are looking for GAF East, then I don't think he can.

I'm looking for GAF East. We need our own thread if not already. Kittonwy or Full Recovery? Someone that's more active than me.

jmd494

EnthusiasTech said:
You gotta be kidding ... If you don't cheat [ I mean creating 1 vs 1 game and try to unlock every thing ] its gonna take too much time to unlock every single medal ...

That doesn't mean they couldn't add more ranks a la R2 and make them unlock more rapidly. General could still be at 2,800 points but there could be more in between.

EnthusiasTech said:
You got extra points per kill with unlocking medals ... C&H or S&D or Bodycount kills and many more are 3 points per kill ... And you also got extra points if you place bombs and blow up the target ...
No points for healing people, placing spawn points, defending assassination targets, running a squad (and therefore providing spawn points to others), placing bombs that do not explode, defusing bombs. The results is that a lot of people ignore mission based objectives so they can just rack up more XP.

EnthusiasTech said:
No need for automatics squads ... What if I dont want to be in a random squad ?.. What if I want to create my own squad ?..
You could still chose squads in R2. But everyone was put in a squad by default. Most 32 players matches have 0 - 2 squads and therefore have at least 8 people per team that are not in a squad.

Firewire

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Wait, CLick is still playing? He didn't play for 3-4 and that's usually the deathnail with him; Ha said he didn't like all the exploits. BeatBox is a lost cause, he really hates the multiplayer. I'll play some today or tonight after I finish my homework so check for me.

I also played with Click last week for a bit as well, so he's still playing every so often.

Anyways I'll be on late tonight so I'll hook up with you if I see you.

tfur

xBerserker said:
What happened to the 3D/4D Killzone 2 application based on the Killzone 2 commercial?

They mentioned it yesterday on xplay or whatever its called. Said to look for it soon?

Kittonwy

Banned
AndyD said:

You can just look at Sab and tell if he's a sab, since he has no lights as a sab, real teammates are lit up.

Kittonwy

Banned
ChryZ said:
The party thing would change a lot. It would require a different approach to match making, balancing teams, etc.

I know where you're coming from, if you want it to be a bit like the RFoM way then create game without team balance and agree on a certain team. Also the clan tools are pretty awesome, challenge other teams and go to war in one party.

It's not like it's SOCOM where I have to go to my message box and then find the game, I can understand the disappointment with no party system but it's really not difficult at all, once one starts a room and invites his friends in, they can play for hours on end and play all the maps. The problem is not many people on my friends list are online period.

Kittonwy

Banned
BobTheFork said:

I think it's just that Beatbox wants to play SOCOM and SOCOM only, but then SOCOM is too ultra-serious and there's no respawn so it's hard for me to get into.

Kittonwy

Banned
andycapps said:
I'm looking for GAF East. We need our own thread if not already. Kittonwy or Full Recovery? Someone that's more active than me.

Full Recovery is the clan leader, I'm just an officer (I can only invite). I try to play every night but usually pretty late. The problem is that right now there's a crap ton of people in the clan but not many are actually playing, not sure what the problem is.

andycapps said:

Could i just join the east coast clan even though im in the west? I see way more east coasters than the gafw clan on everynight.

Kittonwy

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
Could i just join the east coast clan even though im in the west? I see way more east coasters than the gafw clan on everynight.

Personally I don't care where people are as long as they're actually going to play regularly they can join east coast. The problem with warhawk was that when all these people signed up and clans split into 3 groups, when things quiet down you can't find people online because it's too diluted.

Dante

Kittonwy said:
Full Recovery is the clan leader, I'm just an officer (I can only invite). I try to play every night but usually pretty late. The problem is that right now there's a crap ton of people in the clan but not many are actually playing, not sure what the problem is.

I'll start playing in the clan more. I was unlocking my assault class medals recently, and didn't want to get yelled at by GAFFERS :lol

Top Bottom