• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

icechai

test_account said:
Thanks! :) Ye, the capture & hold ribbon can be hard to get if the capture & hold mode is set to last for a lower period of time. There are some servers (or at least there were) that were running some 20-30 minutes capture & hold only missions.

If you find one of these servers, and especially a server that runs the Thansis Depot (or what that map is called) map, then it might be much easier to get the capture & hold ribbons. This is the way that i did it with almost every (if not every, i dont quite remember) capture & hold ribbons :)

One good way to take out the assissantion targets might be to use the Saboteur combined with the boost ability. I have managed to take out some assassination targets with this method at least, since then you can run fast to the enemy, and by using the Saboteur's disguise ability, then the enemy might not see you as an enemy right away :)

oops meant i don't have staying alive ribbon. I've only gotten chosen as the target a few times and only survived half of those boooo. I usually don't even use disguise for assassination, just use assault class + boost, throw some grenades, run in there and rocket/pistol

Kittonwy

Banned
Awesome games tonight.
angry.gif

jmd494

PistolGrip said:
Is it ok to talk about KZ2 Sales here?
I would think so...as long as the discussion avoids trolling. I was disappointed with the sales personally but we'll see what happens in march

Dizzan

MINI Member
Justin Dailey said:
I would think so...as long as the discussion avoids trolling. I was disappointed with the sales personally but we'll see what happens in march

I put it down to a large number of people buying PS3s mainly for Bluray. 300k is disappointing. I hope it sells around that number again it March as it is a great game.

Totobeni said:
they are females ( must be ) ..they are more thinner and skinnier that the rest of the higs , also they got boobs armor , just like the FROGS ( MGS4 ) ...so fap without fear brotha
Only if you're bi. Though it would be pretty cool if the Elite Shocks were female (given the warlike Helghan culture), when you kill them they cry out in male voices.

me said:
That may be true for Elite, but I can guarantee it's not true for Trooper or Veteran. Recently I played that section specifically looking for infinite spawning. The number of Helghast is finite, and in fact you don't have to blow up the tank at all to proceed. (I did kill the gunner on top, but never until I had already killed all the guys rushing me, and he was the last Helghast alive.)

I'll check Elite tonight to see if it's truly different.
Other than being incredibly motherfucking harder, the train section on Elite is no different from lower difficulties. There are a limited number of Helghast when you're on the tank gun, and it's not very high; maybe eight or so? Then after you get off and move forward, two more spawn. If you're killing and killing and killing there, something's wrong with the game.

At the start of the next car (where the tank is firing at you), the Helghast are limited too, though there's a lot more. I'd say perhaps four waves of four? This is as long as you don't try to rush up to where the tank is. Once you get up there, two more waves spawn. Finally, a lone RPG trooper spawns.

That's all the Helghast there are, I promise. In fact, just to be sure, I didn't even kill the gunner on top of the tank; I just ran like hell from the furthest cover to the next car. I barely made it alive, but I did make it. You do not have to do anything to the tank to proceed, even on Elite.

Nafai1123

Banned
mgviperman said:
Anyone got any tips for the C4 ribbons?

Plant in tight corridors where you know it will detonate, and always plant more than one at a time as one is usually not enough to kill someone. Pretty tough to get, but if you play sab for an entire match and plant in good locations then you should be ok.

Loudninja

Dizzan said:
I put it down to a large number of people buying PS3s mainly for Bluray. 300k is disappointing. I hope it sells around that number again it March as it is a great game.

What in the hell is the matter with some of you? are you seriously saying that selling over 323K in such a short time is disappointing?

-Winnie-

Argh, I really wish Guerilla change faction balancing. Let us choose which faction to play as, but don't don't allow massive imbalances. Just played a game that was about 12/20. We were slaughtered, naturally.

Orlics

Totobeni said:
well

they are females ( must be ) ..they are more thinner and skinnier that the rest of the higs , also they got boobs armor , just like the FROGS ( MGS4 ) ...so fap without fear brotha

Why would they only allow one gender to be Elites? It makes more sense that the armor is just made to be thinner so that they can move faster and be more agile in general. I can easily see a man fitting into that.

jts

...hate me...
Finished the game today. Last sequence before Radec was pretty hard when I played it for the first time, so I put the campaign aside for like 2 weeks, but since I'm posting the game tomorrow to some guy who bought my copy, I gave it a try and it just required a little effort. Kinda cool ending but I was expecting
peace

Anyway, I just sold my copy because I had the CE box and I didn't like it, will get a regular one in 2 or 3 weeks again :p

I am starting to get hooked on the multiplayer, badly. I love to join random matches ( if none of my friends are playing ), blast up my own music, and just kill for fun. I am neither good, nor tactical in the game at this point, but I'm just enjoying the sweet gunplay.

Still haven't finished the campaign, though. I'm lazy that way. :/

____

Liabe Brave said:
Only if you're bi. Though it would be pretty cool if the Elite Shocks were female (given the warlike Helghan culture), when you kill them they cry out in male voices.

Other than being incredibly motherfucking harder, the train section on Elite is no different from lower difficulties. There are a limited number of Helghast when you're on the tank gun, and it's not very high; maybe eight or so? Then after you get off and move forward, two more spawn. If you're killing and killing and killing there, something's wrong with the game.

At the start of the next car (where the tank is firing at you), the Helghast are limited too, though there's a lot more. I'd say perhaps four waves of four? This is as long as you don't try to rush up to where the tank is. Once you get up there, two more waves spawn. Finally, a lone RPG trooper spawns.

That's all the Helghast there are, I promise. In fact, just to be sure, I didn't even kill the gunner on top of the tank; I just ran like hell from the furthest cover to the next car. I barely made it alive, but I did make it. You do not have to do anything to the tank to proceed, even on Elite.

I don't mean to proceed...I mean for the waves to stop.

I'm pretty sure I took out more than 4 waves of 4 Helghast waiting for my opportunity to take out the tank.

After every wave, I'd try to go at the tank, and here come another group of 4-6 helghast.

I mean...I'm gonna run it back tomorrow to be certain because MAYBE i'm mistaken, but as long as I spent forcing myself not to throw my controller against the wall on that stage...I was seriously thinking "are they EVER gonna stop?" :lol

apoc_reg

Neo Member
I always play these games on hard straight off but am finding killzone an absolute bitch!

Its just certain kill rooms that are tight and multilayered that i dont feel agile/quick enough to deal with. If you up the sensitivity it doent help as the sticks are not tactile enough. I gotta admit i tend to play shooters on PC and Xbox but i do think its the lack of control thats killing me a lot.

Am loving it though, multiplayer (despite it taking to long to rank up) is so well structured.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sorry for the teamkills yesterday... :( Damn you saboteur!

test_account

XP-39C²
icechai said:
oops meant i don't have staying alive ribbon. I've only gotten chosen as the target a few times and only survived half of those boooo. I usually don't even use disguise for assassination, just use assault class + boost, throw some grenades, run in there and rocket/pistol
Ah ok. If you play on a server with fewer people, then it might be easier to get the staying alive ribbon, since then there is a bigger chance to be selected as the target. However, then there might be fewer people to protect you as well. I think i got something like 2-4 staying alive ribbons while playing on a server where it was 3 vs 3, or 4 vs 4.

Ye, using the assault class + boost might also be a good way to take out the assassination target as you say :)

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, after a session last night it occured to me what would improve the tactician. Smoke grenades.

We all know how chaotic and invisible it gets when there are tons of rockets and grenades going off, so why not black/white smoke grenades to cover either an approach, or a defensive position. They reduce visibility and thus increase the effectiveness of turrets, shotguns and close combat, while at the same time preventing snipers and such from picking off defenders from a distance.

The mechanic of targeting distance being reduced by smoke is already there from my experience, so why not just let us control the smoke as a tactical resource.

GodofWine

Dizzan said:

It was out for 2 days in February, those NPD numbers are for TWO days.

OK...back to KZ talk. There is a mounted gun on Corinth that if you get it fixed, and the enemy isn't aware of you, you will get a zillion kills

belvedere

Junior Butler
Fersis said:
Sorry for the teamkills yesterday... :( Damn you saboteur!

I'm beginning to hate FF. I've never really minded it in the past, but it's a completely different (and more uninteresting) game with it on.

At the very end of a match last night in assassination round I managed to take out the target near the very last second. The only problem was I also took out 3 of my teammates as well.

:lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Loudninja said:
What in the hell is the matter with some of you? are you seriously saying that selling over 323K in such a short time is disappointing?
I think it might be potentially. First few days are where a bulk of sales happens with a lot of games. Some do in fact sell the same or better in the next month, but that mostly happens with holidays releases.

I think KZ2 sales worldwide right now are maybe 1.2-1.5M, judging that the leaderboard has approx 700K entries in it, and large group of people just doesn't play games online. Which, if true, would mean that the game sold maybe 500-600K in US right now.

spwolf

Lord Error said:
I think it might be potentially. First few days are where a bulk of sales happens with a lot of games. Some do in fact sell the same or better in the next month, but that mostly happens with holidays releases.

I think KZ2 sales worldwide right now are maybe 1.2-1.5M, judging that the leaderboard has approx 700K entries in it, and large group of people just doesn't play games online. Which, if true, would mean that the game sold maybe 500-600K in US right now.

i would say around that number too... which is pretty good and amazing. Most of us predicted 2 million LTD sales, and that should be easily achieved. 2 million makes sony double the amount that the game was made for, so thats pretty good :).

belvedere

Junior Butler
You NPD people look more and more like a cult everyday. You better realize there are more important things in life going on before you end up on TV chasing a comet.

You guys will never find any enjoyment in life worrying about such irrelevant things.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Some called into question Sony's practice of releasing their games near the end of the month, and as trivial as that seems initially, it actually does probably work against them if you think about it. It creates negative image to people who follow this kind of news, and it creates negative image even with broader media who sometimes write about this kind of stuff. When people see that first sales data for something are less than impressive, it certainly doesn't help keeping the enthusiasm about the game going on.

belvedere said:
You guys will never find any enjoyment in life worrying about such irrelevant things.
Trust me, I stopped worrying about it the day I realized most games/genres I happen to like are selling poorly. It's just the way things are, it seems :-D But, it's relevant news, and it's worth commenting on.

belvedere

Junior Butler
So did people hosting pistol only matches catch on? I couldn't find a single game last night that allowed air bots.

Been playing the game since launch and just last night I earned my first air support badge.

Owensboro

AndyD said:
Hmm, after a session last night it occured to me what would improve the tactician. Smoke grenades.

We all know how chaotic and invisible it gets when there are tons of rockets and grenades going off, so why not black/white smoke grenades to cover either an approach, or a defensive position. They reduce visibility and thus increase the effectiveness of turrets, shotguns and close combat, while at the same time preventing snipers and such from picking off defenders from a distance.

The mechanic of targeting distance being reduced by smoke is already there from my experience, so why not just let us control the smoke as a tactical resource.

You know, I played through the single player campaign on the hardest setting last week, and could swear I saw the AI use smoke grenades. Ever since then I wondered why there weren't any in the MP.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
____ said:
I don't mean to proceed...I mean for the waves to stop.

I'm pretty sure I took out more than 4 waves of 4 Helghast waiting for my opportunity to take out the tank.

After every wave, I'd try to go at the tank, and here come another group of 4-6 helghast.

I mean...I'm gonna run it back tomorrow to be certain because MAYBE i'm mistaken, but as long as I spent forcing myself not to throw my controller against the wall on that stage...I was seriously thinking "are they EVER gonna stop?" :lol

The higs spawn endlessly unless you blow the tank up.

I remember I was saying "WTF" after seeing 6 waves of higs come after me. I blew the tank up after the first wave and no more higs came afterwards.

icechai

deejay8595 said:
The higs spawn endlessly unless you blow the tank up.

I remember I was saying "WTF" after seeing 6 waves of higs come after me. I blew the tank up after the first wave and no more higs came afterwards.

Not my experience. I ran back to the machinegun turret to kill a wave, ran back to see them coming, ran to turret again, x 4. Then waves just stopped coming and I calmly took up a rocket launcher and blew up the tank from distance

Lince

Banned
icechai said:
Not my experience. I ran back to the machinegun turret to kill a wave, ran back to see them coming, ran to turret again, x 4. Then waves just stopped coming and I calmly took up a rocket launcher and blew up the tank from distance

same here, 4 waves in Elite (but I just used the machinegun once) :p

belvedere

Junior Butler
Elite ATAC fight.

Uh yea...This was super, super easy after I figured out you CAN LEAVE THE FUCKING SMALL AREA ON THE ROOFTOP.

Holy shit I had no idea there was a lower level with a tunnel/hallway with windows making the battle the easiest boss fight ever.

I spent half an hour fighting it taking cover behind that tiny pillar before a buddy of mine told me about the lower area.

The crazy part is I nearly had the thing killed that way.

raYne

kitch9 said:
Run round a corner into a dude wi a shottie and you will die..... Everywhere else no so much....
It's well known that the shotgun's range is ridiculous. I don't know how anyone can deny it at this point.

Firewire

Banned
kitch9 said:
Run round a corner into a dude wi a shottie and you will die..... Everywhere else no so much....

Well a few times last night I was killed out in the open from a distance of about 30ft. At that distance it shouldn't be a one shot kill.

Lince

Banned
Firewire said:
Well a few times last night I was killed out in the open from a distance of about 30ft. At that distance it shouldn't be a one shot kill.

m4 revolver can kill you in one hit at a distance further than that

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Rikyfree said:
It's a trap! NOOOOOOOOOO!!

it's too late now

Liabe Brave said:

Orlics said:
Why would they only allow one gender to be Elites? It makes more sense that the armor is just made to be thinner so that they can move faster and be more agile in general. I can easily see a man fitting into that.

:(

311w114.jpg

Firewire

Banned
Lince said:
m4 revolver can kill you in one hit at a distance further than that

But that's one bullet, a shotgun is supposed to have a spread. The farther the target the larger the spread meaning less shit is supposed to hit me.

At a 30ft range I think it should be at least 2 shots to get the kill.

andycapps

belvedere said:
Elite ATAC fight.

Uh yea...This was super, super easy after I figured out you CAN LEAVE THE FUCKING SMALL AREA ON THE ROOFTOP.

Holy shit I had no idea there was a lower level with a tunnel/hallway with windows making the battle the easiest boss fight ever.

I spent half an hour fighting it taking cover behind that tiny pillar before a buddy of mine told me about the lower area.

The crazy part is I nearly had the thing killed that way.

I did that as well. Probably tried beating it literally 10-15 times by running around on the rooftop and trying to hide from it behind the pillar. Doesn't work out so well once it gets pissed and starts launching missiles after you hit it 3 times. Then I went downstairs after I'd tried it a few times and saw a little tunnel. Beat it the first time after I saw the tunnel. Wish there were a bit more of a hint that the tunnel was there. I assumed since I saw a rocket launcher on the platform that I was supposed to stay there.

Top Bottom