• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Dante

Kittonwy said:
I have a lot of invites pending, please if you have asked for invites and I have sent them, leave your current clan so you can accept them to join the united clan.
angry.gif

Do you have to quit your current clan before you can get a new invite?

Nizz

Rapping Granny said:
Fuck Objectives, they are boring as shit. Body Count only matches with FF on FTW.

It's really where the game shines.
I admit Bodycount is the game type I play almost exclusively. Once in a while I'll jump into Warzone matches. I actually jumped into a GAF match last night, like at 1 something in the morning. I think you were playing? I also remember someone yelling (I think it was cjtiger?) at somebody on the team. I also remember Kittonwy killing me. I also got him once. ;) I was the one who still has GAF2 as the clan tag. But I prefer Bodycount. Especially with 16 player limit.

Shapingo

Clan Invites: Someone sent me an invite yesterday while playing a match and the invite message disappeared before I could actually read it. Is there anyway to see who sent it or reread the message?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BruceLeeRoy said:
I must be in the minority cause I love all the objectives especially capture and hold.

Me too. Bodycount is totally pointless and boring. I hate that as a mission and I stay away from BC-only games.

-viper-

Banned
TTP said:
Me too. Bodycount is totally pointless and boring. I hate that as a mission and I stay away from BC-only games.
I'm not a fan of bodycount either. Bodycount only games = major spawn camping.

No_Style

BruceLeeRoy said:
I must be in the minority cause I love all the objectives especially capture and hold.

Nope. I adore the mix of all the game types. It's one of KZ2 MP's greatest strengths.

Body Count is fun, but on a BC exclusive game, it usually ends up with one team spawn camping another team. While in rotation, I love how BC just shakes people out of their usual defensive positions and mixes things up.

andycapps said:
Crushdance - BTW, I'm sorry for team killing you last night with the sniper rifle. You were running straight towards me from their side so I didn't look at my radar and thought you were a saboteur. I felt so bad!
:lol It's cool man. I sniped a few of you myself! Rapping Granny included hehe.

xiked

Banned
So I bought cod4 because some at work wanted me to join. So I did and I have to say one thing. What a piece of garbage that game is. Its like quake 3 whit modern warfare skins attached to it. It is to fast, laggy, bad feeling to the weapons, boring maps, no good level design,bad sound, garbage game, cant aim for shit. So overrated and I cant understand why anyone plays that game when KZ2 is here.

I quit the game after about 2hr and put KZ2 back in my ps3 and what a hugh difference. I really love this game of all my heart. NOTHING compares to this. And to see so many millions of copies sold of cod4 makes me think there is ALOT of ppl that don't have a good taste at all. COd4 will be put in my garbage stack of games.

Guerilla games, THANK YOU for an fantastic game. LOVE IT.

NO BRING DLC! (quality maps as those that comes whit the package, those are really well designed)

xiked said:
So I bought cod4 because some at work wanted me to join. So I did and I have to say one thing. What a piece of garbage that game is. Its like quake 3 whit modern warfare skins attached to it. It is to fast, laggy, bad feeling to the weapons, boring maps, no good level design,bad sound, garbage game, cant aim for shit. So overrated and I cant understand why anyone plays that game when KZ2 is here.

I quit the game after about 2hr and put KZ2 back in my ps3 and what a hugh difference. I really love this game of all my heart. NOTHING compares to this. And to see so many millions of copies sold of cod4 makes me think there is ALOT of ppl that don't have a good taste at all. COd4 will be put in my garbage stack of games.

NO BRING DLC! (quality maps as those that comes whit the package, those are really well designed)

67632-facepalm.jpg

VNZ

Liabe Brave said:
No, that is not the only cure. Better aim is another: headshots kill Assault in one bullet just like everyone else. Or, if you have the M4, you only have to get in one more shot than them. Or use Boost to suddenly make him miss. Or draw him into an area where there's airbots, turrets, or C4. Co-ordinate with teammates. Drop medpacks ahead of time so his health advantage isn't there. Or die, but bog him down so long he's not helping with his team's objective. Etc. etc.

There are many, many ways to kill Assault units, or to make them useless to their team. I get killed by them a lot, but I've also had the pleasure of hearing Assault players whine over prox chat "How the hell did he kill me?!" because they mistakenly believe (like you evidently do) that Assault is an invincibility suit. It isn't.

All this applies even more forcefully to friendly-fire servers, where idiot Assault players hurt their team more than help it.
Of course there are ways to kill an Assault. You could kill them even if the speed, health and armor-settings were put twice as high as now. That doesn't, however, change the fact that it is a school example of terrible game balancing.

rexor0717

xiked said:

:lol You're kidding right?
Right?

xiked

Banned
rexor0717 said:
:lol You're kidding right?
Right?

So if i don't like it but you do like it, IM the joke? Don´t think so, just different opinions. IN KZ2 I love the weight, recoil and little slower phase of gameplay. I also like the level deigns more because the are more open and more interesting.

I bring more arguments then you do and I feel sad for you that you try to mock me. Must be hard to be so insecure...

Rapping Granny said:
[silly image and response]

well If I think the game is garbage then It is my right to think so. I also brings allot of valid argument why I think so. What you do is acting like a child.

xiked

Banned
FFObsessed said:
*salutes xiked*

Tho I liked CoD4. :p

thanx, well I had to tell my feelings after what I have been through today. I mean, I have played COD4 for the PC for about 50hr. I liked then because there wasn't anything else that was good (bored at CS: Source). But after that I quit pc gaming and focused only on consoles and going back to cod4 is like waking up after an wild night and see you have brought home an transvestite...not a good feeling.

Don´t know how MW2 will be but I guess it will continue the arcade/quake style and that's nothing I like at all.
KZ2 has the perfect feeling and the warzone idea is innovative and should get allot more of attention. Guess being an PS3 exclusive don't give you the love in the media others shooters get...

Cagen

Kittonwy said:
So that's why I can't kill u cuz ur assault.
angry.gif

I don't exclusively play Assault :lol, I can play any class effectively though the M4 is my favourite weapon and I often use it over any of the rifles/machine guns.

Rapping Granny said:
Fuck Objectives, they are boring as shit. Body Count only matches with FF on FTW.

It's really where the game shines.

I was wondering why we were in a BC only game earlier, now I know. I despise BC only games, they are boring as fuck though I agree with FF, I personally don't think there should even be an option for it to be off.

Kittonwy

Banned
xiked said:
thanx, well I had to tell my feelings after what I have been through today. I mean, I have played COD4 for the PC for about 50hr. I liked then because there wasn't anything else that was good (bored at CS: Source). But after that I quit pc gaming and focused only on consoles and going back to cod4 is like waking up after an wild night and see you have brought home an transvestite...not a good feeling.

Don´t know how MW2 will be but I guess it will continue the arcade/quake style and that's nothing I like at all.
KZ2 has the perfect feeling and the warzone idea is innovative and should get allot more of attention. Guess being an PS3 exclusive don't give you the love in the media others shooters get...

KZ2 is teh AFW.
KlintIndifference.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Cagen said:
I don't exclusively play Assault :lol, I can play any class effectively though the M4 is my favourite weapon and I often use it over any of the rifles/machine guns.

Yeah but I killz u when ur not assault.
Indifferent2.gif

I really don't enjoy bodycount but I feel its the quickest easiest way to go for that 1 percent ribbon.
I did have a pretty fun bc gaf match the other nite.

rexor0717

xiked said:
So if i don't like it but you do like it, IM the joke? Don´t think so, just different opinions. IN KZ2 I love the weight, recoil and little slower phase of gameplay. I also like the level deigns more because the are more open and more interesting.

I bring more arguments then you do and I feel sad for you that you try to mock me. Must be hard to be so insecure...

well If I think the game is garbage then It is my right to think so. I also brings allot of valid argument why I think so. What you do is acting like a child.
You don't have to like it, but calling it a garbage game is extreme. There is quality there, and if you don't like it, thats fine.
And the true joke is you thinking I'm insecure.

TrAcEr_x90 said:
I really don't enjoy bodycount but I feel its the quickest easiest way to go for that 1 percent ribbon.
That's how I got my 1% just played BC for a week straight. It works. I don't have a problem with the objectives, but DM is in my blood. I always prefer just killing people so it works. I need all my mission ribbons now though so I'm grinding hard and skipping BC only games.

icechai

TrAcEr_x90 said:

glad i got that 1 percent ribbon over with in the first week, been enjoying warzone ever since :)

Thanks to some help from Lyulf I am now a fully functional Tactician.

Spending some time with just two people and air support has proven to me that they are severely broken. If you stand still and it stays in one spot it will start out each round of fire by shooting the ground about 5 feet in front of you and the last shot will hit you. In this way it takes about 10 rounds of fire to actually kill you. If you get too close it will back off, but it is most effective when it is pretty much right on top of you. If you are positioned right/wrong it will just keep shooting between your legs and will not hit you at all, even if you are completely stationary. We went through about 8 rounds and not once did either of us receive a headshot . . .

Furthermore, the damn things will randomly fly into shit and explode . . . these things are useless except to annoy in certain objective types. GG really should have made it like the repair or spot&mark ability where it is very easy to get. I don't understand why they made it so hard. It isn't like a fully unlocked tactician is some beast on the battle field.

The end result is that I am now fully willing to play as a tactician in games. Of course I got into a game tonight to test it all out and there was another tactician who kept throwing spawn points right beside each other . . . moran . . .

So when is the clan match? I am ready to take on some responsibility.

Edit: When a class (non-Scout) uses spot&mark does the other team appear on everyone elses radar?

VNZ said:
Of course there are ways to kill an Assault. You could kill them even if the speed, health and armor-settings were put twice as high as now. That doesn't, however, change the fact that it is a school example of terrible game balancing.
That is not a fact, it's what we physicians call "an opinion". Playing as a Tactician or Medic, I'd estimate I kill Assaults about two-thirds as often as I kill other classes in the same sorts of scenarios. That's not extremely skewed, especially since we're only speaking of pure killability. All of the other classes have their own perks, and shine in ways and at times Assault doesn't.

Look, I do agree the class needs tweaking. For example, Assaults are probably too overpowered for Search & Retrieve on the small maps. My preferred change would be too push them toward the SP Heavy: give them LMGs instead of explosive weapons, and make them only able to walk, with Boost being their equivalent of running. Whatever the changes, we're talking minor tweaks to balance, not "fixing a completely, utterly broken system".

ravien56

o hell yea, i just got first in a 32 player game:D :D medic is so rape, im 6/8 for the badges, so any pro tips for medic packs i should know of?

TheFatOne

the_prime_mover said:
Thanks to some help from Lyulf I am now a fully functional Tactician.

Spending some time with just two people and air support has proven to me that they are severely broken. If you stand still and it stays in one spot it will start out each round of fire by shooting the ground about 5 feet in front of you and the last shot will hit you. In this way it takes about 10 rounds of fire to actually kill you. If you get too close it will back off, but it is most effective when it is pretty much right on top of you. If you are positioned right/wrong it will just keep shooting between your legs and will not hit you at all, even if you are completely stationary. We went through about 8 rounds and not once did either of us receive a headshot . . .

Furthermore, the damn things will randomly fly into shit and explode . . . these things are useless except to annoy in certain objective types. GG really should have made it like the repair or spot&mark ability where it is very easy to get. I don't understand why they made it so hard. It isn't like a fully unlocked tactician is some beast on the battle field.

The end result is that I am now fully willing to play as a tactician in games. Of course I got into a game tonight to test it all out and there was another tactician who kept throwing spawn points right beside each other . . . moran . . .

So when is the clan match? I am ready to take on some responsibility.

Edit: When a class (non-Scout) uses spot&mark does the other team appear on everyone elses radar?

Man some of the shit that happened to us was hilarious. I loved how they would bump into each other and explode. My god those things are useless.

Raist

Banned
mh56 said:
o hell yea, i just got first in a 32 player game:D :D medic is so rape, im 6/8 for the badges, so any pro tips for medic packs i should know of?

- Prepare to be furiously frustrated, because 90% of the time, you want to heal someone, draw a health pack, and you're about to toss it at them, they run away :lol
- The health pack are like tact. nades or beacons, you can throw them at like 1 meter away max. I wish they would increase this a bit. And decrease it for C4. Makes no sense.
- Be aware that ANYONE can pick your health packs, even people from the other team. So just don't toss them anywhere.

Yea... this air support medal is bullshit. Mighty have gotten lucky and had 3 kills in a match once, but they usually don't even scratch people.

ravien56

Raist said:
- Prepare to be furiously frustrated, because 90% of the time, you want to heal someone, draw a health pack, and you're about to toss it at them, they run away :lol
- The health pack are like tact. nades or beacons, you can throw them at like 1 meter away max. I wish they would increase this a bit. And decrease it for C4. Makes no sense.
- Be aware that ANYONE can pick your health packs, even people from the other team. So just don't toss them anywhere.
hmm yea thats gonna be fun, do i get points if someone picks it up? and how long does the process of throwing it to heal yourself take?

Nightz said:
Yeah it's pretty funny hearing them yell at their teammate. Last night I believe it was cjtiger who was killed by his teammate just so he could pick up the propaganda speaker and return it himself. cjtiger was so pissed and just went off...since I was on the opposing team I just stopped so I could hear him through proximity chat. It was epic. :lol

I think an automatic kick after a certain number of team kills, like in CoD:WaW, would be a nice addition to this game.

My god that pissed me off pretty bad! I just wish we would have kicked him because all that ass did was shoot rockets the whole match.

On a second note, I cannot connect to the matches. I keep getting a 3505 error and twice I have had hard freezes that require the 5 second hold of the power button on the console. I think I will try to get into a match on another game as all of these have occurred trying to get into the Gaf Large map FF on match.

Nightz

cjtiger300 said:
On a second note, I cannot connect to the matches. I keep getting a 3505 error and twice I have had hard freezes that require the 5 second hold of the power button on the console. I think I will try to get into a match on another game as all of these have occurred trying to get into the Gaf Large map FF on match.
Yeah I'm getting that same error. Tried joining Kittonwy 5 times, 4 3505's and 1 PS3 lock up. Joining other clan members worked for me though.

____

mh56 said:
hmm yea thats gonna be fun, do i get points if someone picks it up? and how long does the process of throwing it to heal yourself take?

No points (iirc)

and it's automatic. once you touch it, your health goes all the way back up

No_Style

mh56 said:

It's a little longer than I would like, but just like everything else in KZ2, you'll get used to "throwing" it.

.GqueB.

Banned
xiked said:

Your first mistake was thinking that it was COOL to hate on cod4. Its a FINE game, we just arent playing it at the moment because KZ2 is the current big thing. No good level design he says pffttfffffftftftftftfttftftttttfffffffffffffffftftfftfttfttftffffftt

Raist

Banned
mh56 said:

No exp points, would be too easy to abuse it to rack up insame amounts of exp.
As for any weapon switch, it takes like one or two secs to grab it, and throw it. There is also a slight delay on its activation (and it has a small picking up range, you don't need to step on it to get a heal) once it's tossed. Once you pick it up, your health instantly regens tho.

TrAcEr_x90 said:

Funny enough I got the 1% ribbon last week and I wasn't in one server that was just body count.

mgviperman said:
Yea... this air support medal is bullshit. Mighty have gotten lucky and had 3 kills in a match once, but they usually don't even scratch people.

I am absolutely ashamed for it but I got the air support medal is the only one I got through unscrupulous means. Even then it was hard!

Top Bottom