• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

FFObsessed said:
They need to announce some DLC man, I'm dying for some new content.

SP expansion.
More maps.
More classes.
Customizable appearances/Character skins.
Home game launching and Clan "space"

All by next week. Kthanx.

Yeah, I was thinking about DLC today. I thought it might be cool if they released a little (2-3hr) SP expansion that also included 3 new MP maps (2x 32 and 1x 16). The SP expansion could take place right after the end of the game but you take on the role of a Helghast Sergant tasked with infiltrating an ISA camp (built up around one of the ISA's downed Space ships) in order to intercept tactical information as a build up to a counter offensive. Or something (obviously that is very specific) so long as it allows me to play as the Helghast.

Adding a new class and a few new game modes into mp would also be a great idea so long as the classes make sense. I don't really know what type of class could be added that wouldn't serve a function already satisfied by a different class.

I still think a mp co-op similar to horde mode would be great for upto 4 people.

What is the usual turn around time for DLC though? I mean, it has only been one month!

KZObsessed

xiked said:
More maps would do just fine :) and party mode!

btw. found randomly an gaf server today, you were in it. had fun shooting you :p

remember the name xiked, once you see it, it will be the last you see :p

haha yeah you were a good shot.

That game was god awful tho on Corinth Crossing. Dumbass Tactician, dumbass assassination target. Stood right in the middle and just died. Urgh.

Kittonwy

Banned
the_prime_mover said:
Yeah, I was thinking about DLC today. I thought it might be cool if they released a little (2-3hr) SP expansion that also included 3 new MP maps (2x 32 and 1x 16). The SP expansion could take place right after the end of the game but you take on the role of a Helghast Sergant tasked with infiltrating an ISA camp (built up around one of the ISA's downed Space ships) in order to intercept tactical information as a build up to a counter offensive. Or something (obviously that is very specific) so long as it allows me to play as the Helghast.

Adding a new class and a few new game modes into mp would also be a great idea so long as the classes make sense. I don't really know what type of class could be added that wouldn't serve a function already satisfied by a different class.

I still think a mp co-op similar to horde mode would be great for upto 4 people.

What is the usual turn around time for DLC though? I mean, it has only been one month!

I would rather if I get to play as Narville during the time when Alpha is set off to do its thing and I'm fighting to defend my fucking convoy. Narville = badass.
angry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:

That game was god awful tho on Corinth Crossing. Dumbass Tactician, dumbass assassination target. Stood right in the middle and just died. Urgh.

If I wuz teh assassination target they would have a much lesser chance of taking me out, Im great at hiding and Ima great assassin.
angry.gif

Was just flipping through GG's GDC ppp (heh). If I read correctly it took about 30 man months to create one MP map. Woah. Apparently they've improved (or are improving) work flow to par that down to about 9 man months now. Im gonna guess DLC won't be in the freebie department. ;)

KZObsessed

Kittonwy said:
If I wuz teh assassination target they would have a much lesser chance of taking me out, Im great at hiding and Ima great assassin.
angry.gif

TTP is the best at being the assassination target.

He found a pipe to hide in on Pyrrhus Rise!!

We need to sort out the GAFe vs GAFA match. Would you prefer it on Saturday or Sunday?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
FFObsessed said:

We need to sort out the GAFe vs GAFA match. Would you prefer it on Saturday or Sunday?

Hmm, in one of the first gaf3 clan practices, we searched the PR map for places to hide and the pipe was the ultimate spot we found :)

KZObsessed

Theres also a container on the other side of the map which you can hide in but I'm not sure where it is. I'll have a look next time.

JardeL

FFObsessed said:

Haha got 7 or 8 of you consecutively at the corridor near to the HGH base with sniper rifle ... One of you noticed me , placed a turret , throwed 2 grenades but :( sorry for him , my M4's bullets were already in his body ... :D

KZObsessed

JardeL said:
Haha got 7 or 8 of you consecutively at the corridor near to the HGH base with sniper rifle ... One of you noticed me , placed a turret , throwed 2 grenades but :( sorry for him , my M4's bullets were already in his body ... :D

Dirty camper!
angry.gif

The games before the last two were really good.

Kuroyume

Banned
StateofMind said:
So you go into pistol matches as Assault with the M4? People must like you a lot. :lol

The best fun to be had in the game. :lol Gimped Assualt with M4 can drive people insane in normal games too. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:

Sunday.
angry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Any specific time? Can't be too late as you're 5 hours ahead of us (right?) :p

What's the latest you can play?

I'd say sometime in the afternoon as therez no foozball on TV, I'm going out later on Sunday night, but it all depends whoelse on GAF America can play.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
StateofMind said:
So you go into pistol matches as Assault with the M4? People must like you a lot. :lol

lol, no. I found a match that had assault class available and it takes about 10 good shots from the pistol to down him. I quickly left that match.

KZObsessed

Ok, well message your regulars and try and give me a specific time 2moro or Saturday so I can set up the match.

Any map preference? I say have a nice safe Saluman Market game for the first time :)

FF On of course, I think Assault + Rockets should stay on but I'll see what other people want.

Raist

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Any specific time? Can't be too late as you're 5 hours ahead of us (right?) :p

What's the latest you can play?

They're not ahead, they live in the past. GMT-5 for east coast.

A.R.K

oh shit..just noticed this

KILLZONE 2 - The Official Thread
21,525 3,062,567

The Official Halo 3
91,636 2,983,339

muhahaha...victory is our destiny!!! ;):lol

so its really is the halo killer huh? ;)
please don't take this seriously and stir up GAF drama! :D

icechai

Kittonwy said:
I'd say sometime in the afternoon as therez no foozball on TV, I'm going out later on Sunday night, but it all depends whoelse on GAF America can play.

sunday before 2pm EST for me

beast786

As a co-leader of [HSB]- Helghast Serious Buisness - IGN clan

I would like to challenge Gaf on Killzone2 clan match.

We have defeated all three IGN clans. Including nibe's clan :D

8v8 game or more . Which one of you gafers clan are up to it?

I hate to drag this into the thread but are the Weekly VG Charts accurate? If so wtf is up with KZ2 being #20! Also if VG charts the progress of every game weekly then why does gaf go so ape shit over the NPD's?

BruceLeeRoy said:
I hate to drag this into the thread but are the Weekly VG Charts accurate? If so wtf is up with KZ2 being #20! Also if VG charts the progress of every game weekly then why does gaf go so ape shit over the NPD's?

Brucie, c'mon man, vgshitz? Really? :lol :lol

AranhaHunter said:
Brucie, c'mon man, vgshitz? Really? :lol :lol

:( I know im ashamed I have no idea how they work or what's the difference between them and NPD's. I should stay ignorant since it seems anyone that even remotely starts to think about them goes a little insane.

BruceLeeRoy said:
:( I know im ashamed I have no idea how they work or what's the difference between them and NPD's. I should stay ignorant since it seems anyone that even remotely starts to think about them goes a little insane.

They literally guess their numbers, then adjust when official (NPD, Company statements etc) are released.

pseudocaesar said:
They literally guess their numbers, then adjust when official (NPD, Company statements etc) are released.

Not all the time, I heard they sometimes argue that their numbers are right and NPD is wrong, basically ******** is just ioi (who got perma from here) spitting out bullshit numbers straight out of his ass.

DMeisterJ

Banned
A.R.K said:
oh shit..just noticed this

KILLZONE 2 - The Official Thread
21,525 3,062,567

The Official Halo 3
91,636 2,983,339

muhahaha...victory is our destiny!!! ;):lol

so its really is the halo killer huh? ;)
please don't take this seriously and stir up GAF drama! :D

Wow, that happened quick too. A couple of weeks? lol.

Kujo

DMeisterJ said:
Wow, that happened quick too. A couple of weeks? lol.
I can't believe how many views it got in the past couple of weeks. Last thing I remember was it passing 1 million views, crazy.

BruceLeeRoy - I've seen so many examples of them taking a lot of their previously recorded sales off their numbers to match NPD, etc. If they were actually confident in their numbers they wouldn't cut some titles by half when official numbers come out.

Mojo said:
I can't believe how many views it got in the past couple of weeks. Last thing I remember was it passing 1 million views, crazy.

BruceLeeRoy - I've seen so many examples of them taking a lot of their previously recorded sales off their numbers to match NPD, etc. If they were actually confident in their numbers they wouldn't cut some titles by half when official numbers come out.

Damn are you serious I didn't know that.

I remember there was talk of routers earlier so I need some advice if you guys dont mind.

I have a D-link D-624 (the "Xtreme gaming" one) and im looking to upgrade. Everything runs fine for a few hours on both the PC and PS3 (usually longer on PS3) than it turns to pure shit. Reseting the MODEM (not router) can help a bit but it never lasts. Is this likely a router problem or something else? Also, when I setup the PS3 net connection, it says "IP fragments are not supported on this router".

Im looking at either Linksys or D-link. What would you guys recommend? For D-link, is there a noticable difference between teh DI-615/DI-625? Im not worried about wireless at all. For Linksys, the WRT54G2-CA seems to be in my price range, so it would probably be between these three.

I've upgraded my firmware for the D-link I currently have and i've tried two different ISPs (just made the switch) one being PPoE and the other DHCP, both have the same result I mentioned earlier.

Anyway, any help is really appreciated.

When it comes to routers everyone runs into the exact same problems.
i.e I cant connect to PSN, I can download updates, my connection drops.

The best way to avoid all of this is to give all your everything a static IP including your computer. That enabled with port forwarding allows you to control exactly what is coming in and out.

BruceLeeRoy said:
When it comes to routers everyone runs into the exact same problems.
i.e I cant connect to PSN, I can download updates, my connection drops.

The best way to avoid all of this is to give all your everything a static IP including your computer. That enabled with port forwarding allows you to control exactly what is coming in and out.

I dont really have any of those problems. Everything works perfect for x amount of hours, than just becomes slow. Like 10x slower. I guess I can try giving everything static Ips and what not but I think I have a crappy router. Is there a link that can show me how to do all this?

Lion Heart said:
I dont really have any of those problems. Everything works perfect for x amount of hours, than just becomes slow. Like 10x slower. I guess I can try giving everything static Ips and what not but I think I have a crappy router. Is there a link that can show me how to do all this?

Here you go:
http://portforward.com/

Even if you don't completely disconnect giving everything a specific port# and opening only those ports allows you to control your bandwidth so your torrents your psn everything works far more efficiently.

Instead of your network connections having to look around for a open port and then scanning them and then checking them through a firewall you just have these direct pipelines all already set up.

This really did wonders for me. I had so many just annoying issues with all my connections. The NAT's on all my torrents were bad my PSN would randomly disconnect, my speeds fluctuated like crazy but now everything is just solid.

Thanks i'll check that out. One curious thing is that the new ISP I have, the modem needs to be port forwarded as well. Does this cause any conflicts? Or should I just forward ports on both? The ISP I had before, the modem didnt have its own firewall and ports, etc.

Also, what about Static IPs? Should I leave that for now?

Top Bottom