• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Dante

FFObsessed said:
I still maintain that the E3 07 trailer was by far the best trailer they put out due to this.

It's honestly way more impressive than showing anything else given how amazing it looks when your playing. I think the general public will just assume it's all cut scene otherwise, and think "well that looks cool, but every cut scene looks cool" whereas showing it from a game play perspective is more like "holy crap! It looks like THAT while your playing!" Then again I seem to remember COD ( Activision ) doing a mock FPS call of duty commercial with all pre rendered footy from a fps perspective :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNz_CrXC6eY

Kittonwy

Banned
Dante said:
God...I can only hope the real ads are better.

I really hope they show footage of the game being shown from the fps perspective.

I hope for a big ad campaign in North America.
Indifferent2.gif

thaOwner

fps fanatic said:
I hope some of the gaming sites have a Killzone 2 countdown/week to help build excitement for the game. Sort of like how Gametrailers had a countdown to Gears 2. Or how some sites will have front page ads for the game. I'm just not getting a sense of excitement from the media. The game has been getting great reviews but since the game has been finished for a while and most sites have reviewed it almost a month in advance, I'm getting the vibe they're sort of over the game already...
Gamespot have a lanch center for Killzone 2 but no countdown yet.
I think its because its still a little early.

EDIT: http://www.gamespot.com/showcases/killzone-2

that's the link.

GodofWine

fps fanatic said:
I hope some of the gaming sites have a Killzone 2 countdown/week to help build excitement for the game. .

11 Days...OMG :D

(Im actually taking a 'excitement break', I was pumped 2 weeks ago...now Im just lying dormant...next Tuesday, Fugghetaboutit!! Its on)
post-5-1125444681.jpg

Nizz

GodofWine said:
11 Days...OMG :D

(Im actually taking a 'excitement break', I was pumped 2 weeks ago...now Im just lying dormant...next Tuesday, Fugghetaboutit!! Its on)
post-5-1125444681.jpg
:lol :lol

Pimpwerx

So I finally dloaded and played the demo this weekend. Good game. It is heavier than Resistance, but that might not be a bad thing. I expected more from the graphics, especially now that I have an HDTV. They're not bad, but the demo opening doesn't look as good as the plunge through the storm clouds we saw in their E3 trailers. Enemies feel like damage sponges. I'm not feeling the same satisfaction of a well-placed shot as I get in a game like Uncharted. Then again, I understand that the Helghans wear a lot of armor.

I have been out of gaming since August, so I don't have R2 or any other game since then. I just bought and beat Flower (loved it) and I need to get a shooter to take up my time. Is the online mode going to be good for this game? I missed using my beta code, so no hands-on experience. I'm leaning towards getting this over R2 b/c I'd rather join a brand new online community than one where there are a lot of vets already. PEACE.

beast786

Pimpwerx said:
So I finally dloaded and played the demo this weekend. Good game. It is heavier than Resistance, but that might not be a bad thing. I expected more from the graphics, especially now that I have an HDTV. They're not bad, but the demo opening doesn't look as good as the plunge through the storm clouds we saw in their E3 trailers. Enemies feel like damage sponges. I'm not feeling the same satisfaction of a well-placed shot as I get in a game like Uncharted. Then again, I understand that the Helghans wear a lot of armor.

I have been out of gaming since August, so I don't have R2 or any other game since then. I just bought and beat Flower (loved it) and I need to get a shooter to take up my time. Is the online mode going to be good for this game? I missed using my beta code, so no hands-on experience. I'm leaning towards getting this over R2 b/c I'd rather join a brand new online community than one where there are a lot of vets already. PEACE.

First Congratz on your New HDTV.

Here are my reccommendations for playing KZ2:

Dual Shock 3 (must)
No HUD
Play on Veteran
Play at night time
No subtitle

All the above adds to the immersion that GG wants you to feel. The demo was nothing compare to game and its immersion. This game is so polish and you can see all the hard work GG have placed in this game. I have never felt shooting so satisfactory with any other shooter. The Hitresponse system the sound the feedback all put toghether give you the most satisfying feeling when you take a helghast down. This game is so immersive i had to take break between levels.

As per MP. Its the best part of KZ2. The Maps are in all different sizes with dynamic winds and explosions. I cant wait to see how this MP community will evolve and want to see people jaw drop when Feb 27th comes here.

Its a Must Buy if you own a PS3 and love shooters.

KZObsessed

Pimpwerx said:

I can't tell you if you're gonna like it or not obviously, but after the Beta, this is my favorite online shooter.

Check out some vids and see if it looks like your thing or not, sure you can't really get a feel for it but it's better than nothing.

http://ve3tro.com/1881/killzone-2-multiplayer-matches-over-80-minutes-of-gameplay/

Keep in mind he's just playing with BOTS in those vids.

Kittonwy

Banned
Pimpwerx said:

That's the second mission.

The MP beta was AFW and plays better than R2 BIG TIME, way better maps, much better weapon balance, you get a good feel of the range and power of the weapons pretty quickly.
Indifferent2.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pimpwerx said:
Enemies feel like damage sponges. I'm not feeling the same satisfaction of a well-placed shot as I get in a game like Uncharted. Then again, I understand that the Helghans wear a lot of armor.
Damage sponges? On Normal? They take 2 pistol shots and they spin wildly down, you can just melee through the entire demo, not even using the knife.

I've beaten the warehouse part about 15 times just hip firing with the pistol with no crosshair :lol

Dante

Kittonwy said:
That's the second mission.

The MP beta was AFW and plays better than R2 BIG TIME, way better maps, much better weapon balance, you get a good feel of the range and power of the weapons pretty quickly.
Indifferent2.gif

You never posted your Flower impressions :p

KZObsessed

Torgo said:
I still have 8 vouchers for the North American KZ2 demo. PM me here if you'd like one.

My Private Messaging appears to be broken, could you post a link to that thread on your site where we can get one?

...and the trap is set! ho ho ho!

Torgo

FFObsessed said:
My Private Messaging appears to be broken, could you post a link to that thread on your site where we can get one?

...and the trap is set! ho ho ho!

Ass! I almost did it!

I can't wait to stab you with the knife while you're trying to snipe someone :lol

tass0

Banned
I seriously cannot believe Sony. WHERE ARE THE GODDAMN ADS? They do this to all their major titles, when the hell will they learn. Idiots.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Almost Elite'd the bitch. Less hell-ish than expected. Last confrontation remaining. Once done, I'll have all SP trophies unlocked. Sooo good.

Hate me.

tass0 said:
I seriously cannot believe Sony. WHERE ARE THE GODDAMN ADS? They do this to all their major titles, when the hell will they learn. Idiots.

Seen quite a lot of Playstation ads lately here in the UK including KZ2, mainly they show Motorstorm though

Seen it during the Cricket, didn't show much just the guys with red eyes followed by the date of the release 27.02.09

tass0 said:
You haven't figured it out yet? Sony wants PS3 owners to do the advertising FOR them.

Everyone just chill the fuck out, we got this.

We just need BLR to make some awesome fliers for the game, stand out in front of our gamestops, best buys, targets, wal-marts and shit and hand out these fliers.

____

Got my ps3 back today.

Wish me luck.

I'm gonna download the KZ2 demo again.

I sent it in last week because it would crash when I tried to play the demo

Kittonwy

Banned
FightyF said:
KZ2 is the true successor to Resistance in your heart, amiright?

Killzone 2 is THE go-to FPS on the PS3, something that Resistance 1 was for me in terms of MP but wasn't for a lot of people, Resistance 1 got MP right, Killzone 2 got MP and SP right.
Indifferent2.gif

FightyF

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Killzone 2 is THE go-to FPS on the PS3, something that Resistance was for me in terms of MP but wasn't for a lot of people.
Indifferent2.gif

Forget those fools. Seriously if Resistance had Killzone-esque visuals more people would have given it a chance. Just the way things are, I suppose.

Good thing KZ2 plays as good as it looks.

On another note...anyone else here playing to use Alternate 2 for MP, and Default controls in SP? In the beta I used Alternate 2 and it was great. But for the demo when I use it I just can't use cover as well as the default scheme.

I will probably get the two mixed up going back and forth. I think I might hold off on playing the SP for a while until I'm really into MP.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
FightyF said:
Forget those fools. Seriously if Resistance had Killzone-esque visuals more people would have given it a chance. Just the way things are, I suppose.
Yes, I always felt that was true. But it's understandable too, you need really high quality visuals to sell the atmosphere the game was trying to sell.

patsu

TTP said:
Almost Elite'd the bitch. Less hell-ish than expected. Last confrontation remaining. Once done, I'll have all SP trophies unlocked. Sooo good.

Hate me.

Flip table. Throw shoes at TTP.

exarkun

Sorry if this was already covered, but is there a way to unlock harder difficulties in the demo? Its just so short that I was hoping you could open up the harder paths...

Kittonwy

Banned
FightyF said:

Good thing KZ2 plays as good as it looks.

On another note...anyone else here playing to use Alternate 2 for MP, and Default controls in SP? In the beta I used Alternate 2 and it was great. But for the demo when I use it I just can't use cover as well as the default scheme.

I will probably get the two mixed up going back and forth. I think I might hold off on playing the SP for a while until I'm really into MP.

I use Alt 2, x-sensitivity up 2 from default, L1 aiming is toggle instead of hold. The problem is when you have to hold two buttons, it's hard, so just hold L2 for cover.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
TTP said:

Hate me.

I'm slogging my way through it. Not looking forward to the bit you've mentioned :p

Top Bottom