• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

McLovin

Kinda late but.. as far as headsets go the official ps3 one is pretty bad ass. To sync it all you have to do is plug it via usb none of that looking for blue tooth crap. Also if its dead you can plug it into the base and use it while it charges. It also has other cool features I wont get into.

GodofWine

MP enrollment looks to have have slipped again...this is getting alarming now, I figured it was going to hit bottom last week and slowly rise for a while as sales continue to pile up.

I saw 267,000 people for the week last night, so the five week trend is...

450K, 363K (-20%), 327K (-10%), 284K (-13%), 267K (-6%)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
FFObsessed said:
Let's do 10 valor each actually. Make it interesting.

One 8 vs 8 will be Salmon (lol) Market and one will be Pyrrhus Rise.

Ughhhh why PR... that map is too big for 16. too long before i see someone's face to melt.

andycapps

FFObsessed said:
Cagen TK'd two guys with a rocket at once... :lol

Cagen is a beast. Lot of good players in GAFE.

BTW, before anyone asks me when they watch the battle replay, I did respawn at our base some because I was playing engineer and was trying to put up some sentries in case they got into our side of the map.

Lince

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
Got my 1%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grats dude, ironically each week the trophy it's getting easier to get, I've got 4 1% in a row playing much less than previous weeks.

Lince

Banned
GodofWine said:
MP enrollment looks to have have slipped again...this is getting alarming now, I figured it was going to hit bottom last week and slowly rise for a while as sales continue to pile up.

I saw 267,000 people for the week last night, so the five week trend is...

450K, 363K (-20%), 327K (-10%), 284K (-13%), 267K (-6%)

on Saturday morning it was looking far worse than this, kinda like 210K, so -6% isn't too bad after all, but still worrying.

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
Cagen TK'd two guys with a rocket at once... :lol

:lol I couldn't stop laughing and heard everyone around from both teams laughing also, not that it was intentional and I did kill an enemy with the rocket as well. I only fired a few rockets the whole game - I hate that thing.

Lets mix it up a bit and ban Assaults for the next GAF challenge. Also post up the proposed details in our GAFe thread so we can work out who is going to be playing etc.

Facism

commish said:
Ughhhh why PR... that map is too big for 16. too long before i see someone's face to melt.

Spawn nades make sure that no matter how big the map, it'll always be a clusterfuck of bodies thrown at objectives.

Game is a spammy piece of shit most of the time :/

Cagen

VNZ said:
"Laughs" aside, that sounds like the typical kind of "fun" you have to endure around assaults.

I very rarely TK anyone with rockets if they are enabled and I am playing Assault. This time was a rare occurrence. Playing in pub games it is horrendous but playing with GAF members or in clan matches it isn't bad at all.

FFObsessed said:
Ban rockets or ban assault?

Lets ban assaults, we'll have no rockets or boosting making it a little more tactical. Having multiple people pushing the propaganda speaker forward etc. instead of a lone wolf. Also if we have no assault I wont play as it :lol.

VNZ

To spice things up (and since that Photoshop thread didn't really take off), here's my retro styled KZ2 box art:

WmVImcnEp.jpg

KZObsessed

They're both good and we can't just play Salmon every week. There's two games so we're playing both maps, compromise. Maybe we can play Visari Hammer after as that's fairly large.

I hope when Guerrilla release a map pack the maps are huge and not some Tharsis Refinery shit.

Cagen

FFObsessed said:
They're both good and we can't just play Salmon every week. There's two games so we're playing both maps, compromise. Maybe we can play Visari Hammer after as that's fairly large.

I hope when Guerrilla release a map pack the maps are huge and not some Tharsis Refinery shit.

Change PR for VH, why would you pick the worst map over the best?!?!

Facism

FFObsessed said:

Vag hammer is fun.

I hope TTP will be playing more :(

10dollas

Banned
Cagen said:
Change PR for VH, why would you pick the worst map over the best?!?!

Yeah add another vote to that count for anything other than PR. PR is a great map, but only if people don't abuse scouts. And that's rare, because scouts are always that problem child named Benjamin with abusive parents, at least on PR.

GodofWine

obaidr said:
how many people are still playing Halo 3 for instance? I am just curios.

Their website says over 800,000 unique users in the last 24 hours...(WOW!)

KZ is still very young, and its still moving units, so Im not trying to sound alarmist, and I'll continue to expect it to begin going back in the right direction...

But, can you imagine sub 200K??

Lince

Banned
GodofWine said:

yes we can (lol), the average Joe demands Resistance 2 party system and some kind of logical gameplay beyond people boosting with machine guns everywhere (I hate boost, bosst+lag is cheating you idiots) and don't get me started on assault/rockets/spawn points invincibility and so on. Oh, and joining a game 5 times before finding one that isn't a clusterfuck or unbalanced shit? Guerrilla = clueless...

-viper-

Banned
GodofWine said:

KZ is still very young, and its still moving units, so Im not trying to sound alarmist, and I'll continue to expect it to begin going back in the right direction...

KZ2 is less casual friendly though, unlike Halo which can be picked and played by just about anyone. I know A LOT OF PEOPLE who are unhappy at their KZ2 purchases because they tell me it is far too difficult for them, both in single player and online.

Plus, Halo is an established franchise unlike Killzone, which hardly had the best of reps on the PS2.

KZObsessed

GodofWine said:

Yeah the game would be unplayable!!!

xiked

Banned
GodofWine said:

It dosent sound good at all. I really hope ppl comes back and play KZ2 and no leaving it because it does not feel like cod. Hate that game, because every game after it has to be exact like it...I know tree friends that have moved over to cod because they think its more fun. They like the controls more because it has more exact movements. Cod=quake KZ2=tactical shooter (mix between cod,tf2,swat).

btw. COD:WAW has around 130.000 players playing on PSn. so KZ2 is still doing well :)

Lince

Banned
xiked said:
KZ2=tactical shooter

yeah it controls like a tactical shooter, but when you try to tackle

laggy boosters
assaults
rocket launchers
grenade launchers
invisible C4
nade spammers
S&D clusterfucks

with such controls then something doesn't feel right, and it shows.

KZ2 = Little Big FPS, create your own game, wanna play Quake? wanna play Rainbow Six? just ban the class you see suit! but why would you want to mix it all up for the average gamer? boggles the mind.

xiked

Banned
Lince said:
yeah it controls like a tactical shooter, but when you try to tackle

laggy boosters
assaults
rocket launchers
grenade launchers
invisible C4
nade spammers
S&D clusterfucks

with such controls then something doesn't feel right, and it shows.

KZ2 = Little Big FPS, create your own game, wanna play Quake? wanna play Rainbow Six? just ban the class you see suit! but why would you want to mix it all up for the average gamer? boggles the mind.

The mix gives an fresh feel to the game that very few online games offer. But ppl want an brainless, easy to pick up and play game whit no need to learn things. Feels damn boring if you think about it. GG is visionaries and the should get the credit from ppl that they deserve.

Nade spammers are in every game especially cod...so I don't see the point.

S&D almost always becomes an cluster fuck in games so don't see the point.

other then that, you have an point and it should be fixed somehow.

commish

careful said:
The more I use C4, the cheaper I feel it is.. It's too hard to detect.

It's very hard to detect, and pretty lethal. It's amazing to me that more people don't use it.

10dollas

Banned
commish said:
It's very hard to detect, and pretty lethal. It's amazing to me that more people don't use it.

Thank god for that. Joined a 16 player game where practically all enemy players were saboteurs with c4. In the end the home spawn was the only explosive-free safezone around the whole map. ;/ Map was vagina's hammered, a midsized map. Due to how slow I had to trek in order to avoid boobietraps it seemed more akin to the size of PR.

Dirtbag

commish said:
When so many people whore out the assault class, rockets and shotguns, I'm pretty sure pride isn't involved.

At least you can easily spot the above mentioned things, unlike nearly everything about the saboteur class.

C4 should have had the flashing lights you see on the sentry remotes, and the sentry remotes should have been near invisible like the C4.

andycapps

Dirtbag said:
At least you can easily spot the above mentioned things, unlike nearly everything about the saboteur class.

C4 should have had the flashing lights you see on the sentry remotes, and the sentry remotes should have been near invisible like the C4.

That or the C4 could let out a visible tone to alert you that it is near. I just got the badge so that I can use it, but don't even know if i will now.

commish

Dirtbag said:

Eh.. so few use it, that it's not really an issue. I'll always whore it out, as it can make a big difference on some maps/game modes.

GodofWine

xiked said:
btw. COD:WAW has around 130.000 players playing on PSn. so KZ2 is still doing well :)

Per week? or right now? I never saw less than 60K on WaW at anytime, I reckon that adds up to well over KZ's weekly total.

Even Halo 3 only had 60K online at the moment, but 800K users in the last 24 hours (which sounds amazingly high)

Madman

xiked said:
It dosent sound good at all. I really hope ppl comes back and play KZ2 and no leaving it because it does not feel like cod...
Perhaps unrelated, but Warhawk's server population dropped around the release of Killzone 2, but has since steadily climbed back up to old levels. So it may just be a combination of things that are leading to the decline in server populations.

Top Bottom