• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Rolf NB

-viper- said:
For the Untouchable trophy, did you kill Radec on Easy?

I'm currently playing through the game on Normal and have got 0 deaths. But I don't think that will be the case once I enter Visari's Palace D:
I actually did. I haven't played the game on normal at all though. Only veteran, easy, elite, in that order :lol

Dirtbag

I actually dont want/think the tactician needs any kind of rewarding for the spawn placement.
Because I don't want more people trying to play the class to rack up on the points.

Playing as a Tactician is more like playing a strategy game to me, and it's a specialized skillset that most FPS gamers don't have.

Also, simply put, I have more fun playing as THE tactician vs. ONE OF the tacticians so the less people in my way the better. Controlling the battle ground is all the satisfaction/rewarding I need.

GodofWine

Dirtbag said:
I actually dont want/think the tactician needs any kind of rewarding for the spawn placement.
Because I don't want more people trying to play the class to rack up on the points.

Playing as a Tactician is more like playing a strategy game to me, and it's a specialized skillset that most FPS gamers don't have.

Also, simply put, I have more fun playing as THE tactician vs. ONE OF the tacticians so the less people in my way the better. Controlling the battle ground is all the satisfaction/rewarding I need.

I agree...I'd hate to see more people placing bad spawns to get points (if there was a way to score 'good spawns'..). I get more kick from winning than having a high KD...it was just that I got my ass kicked so bad en route to orchestrating a team win last night that I felt a bit cheated :D

Dirtbag said:
Oh, come on. I think most fps players have the 4 neurons required to figure out where to drop a spawn point. That does not require any skill or particular ability.
They (presumably) just choose to be cheeky, which is their prerogative.

careful

GodofWine said:
Man...they need to reward tacticians somehow for doing the dirty work...last night, played in a Warzone 15 minute rounds match, we won easily, but I was the only tactician, and I was dropping some nicely placed spawns...we defended our target for 15m, blew up theirs etc etc, but I got my ass shot to pieces getting in there and turning around to place a good spawn...I was like 30K and 60D at the end...Tact's need some sorta point reward since they are the most important figure on the battle field in terms of W/L
I play tactician about 90% of the time and I'll die sometimes turning backwards to drop the spawn, but I don't think you can attribute the full 30-60 to that.. ;)

Dirtbag said:

Agreed. I would imagine there'd be a whole lot more shitty tacticians if they gave away free points for throwing spawns.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Fistwell said:
Oh, come on. I think most fps players have the 4 neurons required to figure out where to drop a spawn point. That does not require any skill or particular ability.

First, I agree with dirtbag that I dont' want points given to the spawn thrower. Too many tards would do it. I would like names on the spawn, though, so teams know who threw a bad spawn and who is throwing useful spawns.

Second, I agree that it's not rocket science to place a good spawn, but I really do disagree that most fps can do it. So far, 97% of spawn points are placed in stairwells facing the wall. Or, even better, placed 3 feet outside of our spawn. Nice.

icechai

umm its also not rocket science to have a high k/d with a tactician... Sure you'll get a death or two from that spawn point but after that just kill twice that amount of people to make up for it :D

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
commish said:
First, I agree with dirtbag that I dont' want points given to the spawn thrower. Too many tards would do it. I would like names on the spawn, though, so teams know who threw a bad spawn and who is throwing useful spawns.

Second, I agree that it's not rocket science to place a good spawn, but I really do disagree that most fps can do it. So far, 97% of spawn points are placed in stairwells facing the wall. Or, even better, placed 3 feet outside of our spawn. Nice.

I've seen spawnpoints placed inside the starting area :/

GodofWine

careful said:
I play tactician about 90% of the time and I'll die sometimes turning backwards to drop the spawn, but I don't think you can attribute the full 30-60 to that.. ;)

:lol

ouch...but yea, it was a bad game in many aspects..

andycapps

Tempy said:

Me too, that's when a name would come in handy by the spawn so people could either vote to kick the player or at least ignore their spawns.

Kittonwy

Banned
Tempy said:

I think some bozos are into getting their entire team massacred.
angry.gif

commish

Anyone wanna play a few games right now to get our air bot medals? I've resorted to cheating. I can't get more than 2 or 3 kills a match with the bots. If so, hit me up... i'm gonna be playing for the next couple of hours. I figure we can just start a game, password it, then die repeatedly to each other's bots. 8 times.

psn is tigerheli

Dirtbag

Fistwell said:

Actually its more then just that.
If you watch the subtly of the gameflow, you can actually predict where is the better placement, when it will run out, where to place it in relation to the other spawn grenade, if it's worth placing a new grenade on a gamemode that is about to end, will the smoke block a turret's line of sight, is the enemy using a particular class that will make this spawn location hellish... etc.

Anyone can be a decent tactician, but few can be great ones.

SetUhatU

commish said:
Anyone wanna play a few games right now to get our air bot medals? I've resorted to cheating. I can't get more than 2 or 3 kills a match with the bots. If so, hit me up... i'm gonna be playing for the next couple of hours. I figure we can just start a game, password it, then die repeatedly to each other's bots. 8 times.

psn is tigerheli

dang man...a couple hours sooner and i would have been down for this.

commish said:

psn is tigerheli
Damn, I'd be down too if it was tonight. I got class in a couple hours sadly.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dirtbag said:
Actually its more then just that.
If you watch the subtly of the gameflow, you can actually predict where is the better placement, when it will run out, where to place it in relation to the other spawn grenade, if it's worth placing a new grenade on a gamemode that is about to end, will the smoke block a turret's line of sight, is the enemy using a particular class that will make this spawn location hellish... etc.

Anyone can be a decent tactician, but few can be great ones.

I be great tactician.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
andycapps said:
I be good Saboteur or Engineer?

Are u good with single shot riflez?
angry.gif

I found it to be great if you're far away but close encounter it actually makes the player very vulnerable on more confined maps. I'm not good at engineer at all, I have one turret ribbon so far, I just don't know where to put them on the more open maps.

womfalcs3

Banned
I love large chaotic games. I can't stop laughing throughout. Very entertaining.

You see teammates shooting at each other because the screen keep shaking and there's smoke everywhere. It's hard to see.

Also when you randomly throw a grenade and you get a kill.

Good times.

Cruzader

Banned
Why are GAF clan games so damn small? Ok I get the point no one likes 32 player matches but 4Vs4? WTF. Cmon ppls, 10vs10 or more.

Kittonwy

Banned
Cruzader said:
Why are GAF clan games so damn small? Ok I get the point no one likes 32 player matches but 4Vs4? WTF. Cmon ppls, 10vs10 or more.

I still have you on my list of pending invites that are still not either accepted or declined, are you joining us?
angry.gif

Dirtbag

Is it just me, or is the skill level of players starting to universally go up suddenly?
Perhaps the more casual players are putting the game down now, and the hardcore base is starting to emerge. Something has felt different to me in the past 2 days... not sure what.

Cruzader

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I still have you on my list of pending invites that are still not either accepted or declined, are you joining us?
angry.gif
Ok just did. It never worked via the game, sorry.

And Blu_LED, you crazy. Some MP maps at most.

Kittonwy said:
angry.gif

Am I on that list? I asked to be invited almost as soon as the clan was formed, but had to wait a while to see if anyone wanted to take the lead on East 3. I don't see an invite in my inbox though.

Kittonwy

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:
Am I on that list? I asked to be invited almost as soon as the clan was formed, but had to wait a while to see if anyone wanted to take the lead on East 3. I don't see an invite in my inbox though.

Sorry, let me clear up the pending and then I'll send you an invite.

commish

Dirtbag said:
Is it just me, or is the skill level of players starting to universally go up suddenly?
Perhaps the more casual players are putting the game down now, and the hardcore base is starting to emerge. Something has felt different to me in the past 2 days... not sure what.

Nah... same old bunch of crappy players most of the time :p

To those that wanna do the airbot medal - lemme know and I'll set something up. I was gonna do it today, but I joined Click for a few games instead. Talk about domination... man, fun games. Anyway, I'm gonna try to do it later... if my gf doesn't come over... but if she does, then tomorrow for sure.

EazyB

Banned
Dirtbag said:
I played last night after a 2 week break and people were still garbage. I'm sure as time goes on the average skill level will increase but so far it's pretty pathetic.

EazyB said:
I played last night after a 2 week break and people were still garbage. I'm sure as time goes on the average skill level will increase but so far it's pretty pathetic.

I got a 62 / 6 K/D ratio and I wasn't sniping or using rockets.
So yeah people don't appear to be getting that much better.

commish

Orlics said:
Can I be invited to the US clan? PSN: Orlics

i'm tired of really annoying pubs...

It's full right now, and there are a couple of other people trying to get in atm. However, apparently there are a handful of non-responding invites, so some spots might open up....

Dirtbag

EazyB said:

guess I'm just having a tough run at it right now, or my connection isn't running as well as I think it is.

Lince

Banned
well with people hiding and glitching in base for body count and search & retrieve its bye-bye time for any kind of KZ2 serious competition, what a flawed game.

Top Bottom