• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Cagen

test_account said:
What are these glitches?

Going out of the map boundaries.

We had to stand around for 4 minutes while we waited for the round to end before they came back onto the map.

test_account

XP-39C²
Cagen said:
Going out of the map boundaries.

We had to stand around for 4 minutes while we waited for the round to end before they came back onto the map.
You mean like jumping outside the map (or to an area in the map where you arent suppose to be able to reach/go to) so it isnt possible to kill that person?

-viper-

Banned
test_account said:
Ok, i see, but camping isnt concidered as a glitch though, at least not in my opinion.
They were hiding between walls for bodycount, but they were base camping for search and retrieve.

Score 2 points on S+R, and then take the speaker and camp in the base, letting the turrets kill anyone who comes near you.

They were hiding once they got a few kills on bodycount to wait it out.

fucking ridiculous

Lince

Banned
camping in their base yes, between two walls in a place you are not supposed to reach through a tiny crack somewhere with weird jump+crouch, yeah... let's call it "strategy" as they did...

as Viper says that was for bodycount, in S&R they didn't have time for the walls trouble so just hide behind some turrets back in base, such master minds !! (at Guerrilla I mean)

Dirtbag

on bodycount, all you need to do is get a few kills and never respawn when you die.
as far as holding the speaker in spawns, it should just reset to the middle the second it crosses into the spawn area... super cheap.
GG definitely fucked up there.

icechai

Dirtbag said:
on bodycount, all you need to do is get a few kills and never respawn when you die.
as far as holding the speaker in spawns, it should just reset to the middle the second it crosses into the spawn area... super cheap.

wow GG please look into this, that just becomes silly in bodycount. Speaker at least you might be able to get it bumrushing the base with a spawn inside, but for them to kill someone and suicide and not respawn in a clan match? wow...

test_account

XP-39C²
-viper- said:
They were hiding between walls for bodycount, but they were base camping for search and retrieve.

Score 2 points on S+R, and then take the speaker and camp in the base, letting the turrets kill anyone who comes near you.

They were hiding once they got a few kills on bodycount to wait it out.

fucking ridiculous
Lince said:
camping in their base yes, between two walls in a place you are not supposed to reach through a tiny crack somewhere with weird jump+crouch, yeah... let's call it "strategy" as they did...

as Viper says that was for bodycount, in S&R they didn't have time for the walls trouble so just hide behind some turrets back in base, such master minds !! (at Guerrilla I mean).
Sure, if they went to an area in the game were you arent suppose to be able to go, like between two walls as you mention, then this sounds like glitching indeed, but not with just camping as it first was mentioned :) EDIT: I now see that comment was to the body count stuff only.

You can take out the turrets in the base though, and it is not like you are facing 3-4 turrets in the base at the same time, so it is possible to take out the turrets before getting killed. How long does it take befor those turrets respawn by the way? I havnt really thought about that before. You should have gotten a tactician to throw a spawnpoint very near their base, and then rush into their base :)

Base camping is perhaps some of the oldest things you can do in a FPS game. How do you solve this?

raYne

I haven't encountered much in the way of environment glitching. Maybe a handful of times since launch and only ever one or two players of a team. Anything more though, and it'd suck. Hard.

S&R base defense however, is on the rise. It's becoming the norm along with main spawn camping in Bodycount.

Dirtbag said:
Best idea ever. :lol

Lince

Banned
Dirtbag said:

epic, I'm going to set up multiple 1vs1 10000 Valor Points clan challenges, we should be top 10 by tomorrow morning.

test_account

XP-39C²
icechai said:
wow GG please look into this, that just becomes silly in bodycount. Speaker at least you might be able to get it bumrushing the base with a spawn inside, but for them to kill someone and suicide and not respawn in a clan match? wow...
I am not sure if that will become a big problem though, about people not spawning in Body Count. After have played over 400 online games in Killzone 2, i can not recall that i have played Body Count and where i couldnt find anyone to kill.

But sure, this not spawning tactic seems to be a possible thing to do :)

EDIT: In afterthough, maybe it can become a bigger problem in clan games where relatively few players are playing together though. But i dont think it will be a big problem on public and open servers where everyone can join to play :)

-viper-

Banned
test_account said:
Sure, if they went to an area in the game were you arent suppose to be able to go, like between two walls as you mention, then this sounds like glitching indeed, but not with just camping as it first was mentioned :) EDIT: I now see that comment was to the body count stuff only.

You can take out the turrets in the base though, and it is not like you are facing 3-4 turrets in the base at the same time, so it is possible to take out the turrets before getting killed. How long does it take befor those turrets respawn by the way? I havnt really thought about that before. You should have gotten a tactician to throw a spawnpoint very near their base, and then rush into their base :)

Base camping is perhaps some of the oldest things you can do in a FPS game. How do you solve this?
Uh, you do know that there are like 3 turrets in a base, right? Plus you get three players armed with weapons.

Rushing in like that is suicide. Chances are the turrets will drop you dead before you can do anything. Shoot them you're open to fire by the other players.

raYne

-viper- said:
Uh, you do know that there are like 3 turrets in a base, right? Plus you get three players armed with weapons.

Rushing in like that is suicide. Chances are the turrets will drop you dead before you can do anything. Shoot them you're open to fire by the other players.
Not to mention it's not like you can just rush in, snatch the Propaganda and rush out. In the few seconds you have to stand over it to register, you're already pretty much done for.

test_account

XP-39C²
-viper- said:

Ye, i know that, but what i ment to say is that these 3-4 turrets arent necessarily facing you all at the same time. They are spread alittle around the base. If you have 3-4 turrets facing you at once, then there is a bigger chance that you might get killed pretty quick.

You mention 3 players, how many were playing in total? If there are very few players that are playing and only one of you rush in to the base, then that is pretty much a suicide run indeed, but if you coordinate the attack at the same time into the base, then i think that you might have a chance :)

raYne said:
Not to mention it's not like you can just rush in, snatch the Propaganda and rush out. In the few seconds you have to stand over it to register, you're already pretty much done for.
I would say that it might depend on how many people that are playing. If there are a few players who are playing, then this might be harder to rush the enemy base, that is true. But if there are many people playing, like 16+ people or something, then i would say that the chances are bigger to make a rush into the enemy base, if a spawn point is deploied close to the enemy base and if everyone on your team is rushing into the base that is.

The boost ability can also a good thing to use in a situation like this (granted that the boost ability is enabled in the server) :)

EDIT: By the way, i dont mean to say that it easy to rush a base just to point that out. It might be very hard, or near impossible, especially if there are few players that is playing, but maybe there is abit easier if there are many people who are playing instead? And it sucks when people are base camping and taking advantages of glitches in the games, i didnt mean to say anything against that either. So i think that these things are valid complaints. I just wanted to discuss if it was possible to rush the base and still survive, by doing different things like throwning a spawnpoint close to the base for example :)

mrwilt

Anybody else been team killed while delivering the propaganda speaker just so the other person could deliver the speaker instead of you? Happened to me last night. Freakin' moronic. :lol

raYne

test_account said:
EDIT: By the way, i dont mean to say that it easy to rush a base just to point that out. It might be very hard, or near impossible, especially if there are few players that is playing, but maybe there is abit easier if there are many people who are playing instead? And it sucks when people are base camping and taking advantages of glitches in the games, i didnt mean to say anything against that either. So i think that these things are valid complaints. I just wanted to discuss if it was possible to rush the base and still survive, by doing different things like throwning a spawnpoint close to the base for example :)
I suppose you could.. Just use the S&D strategy of throwing a spawn point (or two) in the base and having people spawn as Assaults and clusterfuck away until you manage to get it out.

That's if the class/weapon is enabled. Heh.

mrwilt said:
Anybody else been team killed while delivering the propaganda speaker just so the other person could deliver the speaker instead of you? Happened to me last night. Freakin' moronic. :lol
I've only heard of team kills in S&D so they could plant/disarm get their ribbons. Oh, and of course blowing up a teammates bot so they can use theirs. They've moved on to S&R now? :lol

Raist

Banned
Lince said:
well with people hiding and glitching in base for body count and search & retrieve its bye-bye time for any kind of KZ2 serious competition, what a flawed game.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

TEH-CJ

Banned
Man every time i click on this thread its always about talking about online. isnt there a separate forum for that?

If someone wants to discuss the story or sp it always get left in the dust.

TEH-CJ

Banned
sleeping_dragon said:
+1 Killzone 2
+1PS3

:D

Congrats on the purchase. I recommend playing killzone 2 on veteran on your 1st play through to get the best experience possible. The ai and battles really shine on this difficulty. turn the sound up ( finally fixed my problem ) put your reciever on dts if it supports it and sit back and enjoy one of the most amazing fps experiences ever. I wont spoil anything but the last level is more epic than the entire lord of the rings trilogy.

man what a game.

just to reiterate, if this had co op...dear god it would be hands down the best fps ever for a long ass time. its begging to have co op!, the battles and level designs are just made for it!.

Dirtbag

TEH-CJ said:
Man every time i click on this thread its always about talking about online. isnt there a separate forum for that?

If someone wants to discuss the story or sp it always get left in the dust.

So did you have something to add?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Lince said:

Which level is this? If you can also point out the exact location then some collision can be placed there.

Kittonwy

Banned
Tempy said:
Which level is this? If you can also point out the exact location then some collision can be placed there.

I've reported on the glitching before. It's on blood gratch, the hole is somewhere along the wall on the right side of the ditch, where the glitcher can slide along the right side to behind where the ISA spawns (near the stairs where the turrets are one story up from the ground level) and shoot through the wall.

TEH-CJ said:
I recommend playing killzone 2 on veteran on your 1st play through to get the best experience possible. The ai and battles really shine on this difficulty.
I have to disagree very strongly on that point. I played Veteran on my first play through and was bitterly disappointed with the SP campaign. I suspect Veteran difficulty was the culprit. I found the gun battles to be tedious and annoying rather than fun. The only parts I enjoyed were the sections where you were able to walk around without seeing any enemies (few and far far between); a rather poor reflection of either the game or the difficulty level I was playing on.

Some games (COD4, Dead Space, and Uncharted come to mind) are best played on the hardest difficulty, but Killzone 2 isn't one of them I think. Stick with a lower difficulty on your first play through.

There's a lot to be said for skipping the SP campaign entirely and concentrating on MP I think. Not that you shouldn't play SP, just that your time is better spent in MP.

Raist

Banned
Tempy said:

Salamun Market. ISA base.

There hid in two spots. The crack between the walls, dunno, where exactly, I haven't seen it myself. The second one was behind a container, on which you can get by using a ramp. If you crouch and stick to the container's side, you can go under the ramp and hide behind the container. Both are in the base anyway, s oyou'd have to get through the permanent bots to get people hiding there, sucks.

Base camping should be made impossible by some way. It's fucking annoying.

edit: maybe this can help you a bit. For the second spot anyway. He hid there with the speaker
http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=3229718&kz_file_id=2849826

edit2: Also, small question. Is taht normal that one of these guys managed to join the match AFTER it started? You can even see that he's referred to as"unknown" on the replay, so I guess that's not really normal.

jorma

is now taking requests
Raist said:
Salamun Market. ISA base.

There hid in two spots. The crack between the walls, dunno, where exactly, I haven't seen it myself. The second one was behind a container, on which you can get by using a ramp. If you crouch and stick to the container's side, you can go under the ramp and hide behind the container. Both are in the base anyway, s oyou'd have to get through the permanent bots to get people hiding there, sucks.

Base camping should be made impossible by some way. It's fucking annoying.

edit: maybe this can help you a bit. For the second spot anyway. He hid there with the speaker
http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=3229718&kz_file_id=2849826

edit2: Also, small question. Is taht normal that one of these guys managed to join the match AFTER it started? You can even see that he's referred to as"unknown" on the replay, so I guess that's not really normal.

I think the unknowns are the ones that never registered on killzone.com. Normal games can obviously be joined mid game, dunno if clan games are supposed to be different.

Raist

Banned
jorma said:
I think the unknowns are the ones that never registered on killzone.com. Normal games can obviously be joined mid game, dunno if clan games are supposed to be different.

Dunno for the first part. For the second part, you can't join a clan challenge/tournament once it's started, I've tried a few times and it never worked.

jorma

is now taking requests
Raist said:
Dunno for the first part. For the second part, you can't join a clan challenge/tournament once it's started, I've tried a few times and it never worked.

But what indicates he joined the game after it started? Seems like he is there from the start to me...

and when you click view profile:
Profile Details
Personnel File Missing
unknown has not completed a Killzone.com profile yet. However, combat records for this soldier are available.

Raist

Banned
jorma said:
But what indicates he joined the game after it started? Seems like he is there from the start to me...

Because we were already playing when a "dude has joined the game" notice popped up.

It can't even be explained by the fact that he could have joined the lobby at the last second, and then as it takes some time to load he joined while we were already ingame, because we were clearly 3vs2 when the game started, he hasn't joined the lobby at all.
Now I'm not saying there's some cheating involved or whatever, but I'm just curious as to how this can happen (it's not the first time I've witnessed it)

jorma

is now taking requests
Raist said:
Because we were already playing when a "dude has joined the game" notice popped up.

It can't even be explained by the fact that he could have joined the lobby at the last second, and then as it takes some time to load he joined while we were already ingame, because we were clearly 3vs2 when the game started, he hasn't joined the lobby at all.
Now I'm not saying there's some cheating involved or whatever, but I'm just curious as to how this can happen (it's not the first time I've witnessed it)

Ah. Well then I'm all out of ideas =)

Kittonwy said:
Report them.

The sad part is that most of this people know how to play,so instead of play a fair game they just cheat their way out,they should be report or kick out of the game as soon as they are spot doing the trick.

This happen to me some time ago and i was thinking it was a bug,because i was being kill with the pistol in my base but no one was there,and i was inside well covered i was like WTF.? Now i know people are doing tricks,a game i still play and people exploit every single weakness is Warhawk.

Lince

Banned
jorma said:

he definitely joined the game after it started, I was in spectator mode and the message popped "unknown has joined... " but his nickname in the scoreboard was ok, I thought it was something lag-related.

Thank you Tempy for trying to help, what I saw was two players near a container in ISA base (Salamun Market) crouch-jumping-crouch near a crack in the wall and suddenly they disappeared so I assumed they managed to go through it as clipping was rampant in the camera view, I can't give you more details sorry. I know I have had harsh words for Killzone 2 these days, maybe it's been the game save thing or the balancing stuff... congratulations for the hard work at Guerrilla though, I just imagined the best console game in years wouldn't be lacking features already present in other big titles like dedicated servers or party-system, it's just disappointing and in my humble opinion it's a fact now you made a wrong call there.

Assault class should be limited to unranked games unless it's tweaked, it's hilarious, p2p games lag + boost + extra armor + unregistered hits = cheating.

trophies for online play = fail, don't rely that much on the PS3 community, kids will always be kids.

Kuroyume

Banned
Cheating/glitching and lag aren't exclusive to KZ2.

Honestly, I haven't experienced any of this except maybe for lag in just a few games. I only play medium sized games.

What sort of DLC do you reckon is on the way? I just watched an interview on Gamespot and Herman was talking about ongoing support, and I was thinking awesome, hopefully its more substantial than map packs (which i would still purchase). What does GAF want in Killzone 2 DLC?

Top Bottom