• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

obaidr

Banned
pseudocaesar said:
What sort of DLC do you reckon is on the way? I just watched an interview on Gamespot and Herman was talking about ongoing support, and I was thinking awesome, hopefully its more substantial than map packs (which i would still purchase). What does GAF want in Killzone 2 DLC?

- LARGE Maps in different areas (Like Jungle, Ice/Snowish, Space etc.)
- New game modi like time trial (Go from A to B in t and kill n Helghan)
- Multiplayer fix
- Party
- Co-Op Levels (Only DLC not the SP campaign in co-op)

icechai

Lince said:
trophies for online play = fail, don't rely that much on the PS3 community, kids will always be kids.

what's so fail about the trophies for online play? I think they're just enough to get ppl who want trophies to get them but not overly crazy like warhawk. Also for ppl who don't cheat getting them, its kinda fun seeing it pop up over the weeks as you get the medals from online play (ok i cheated air sentry medal, that's it though :p)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
GOD!!

Kuroyume said:
Cheating/glitching and lag aren't exclusive to KZ2.

Honestly, I haven't experienced any of this except maybe for lag in just a few games. I only play medium sized games.
So damn true. I dunno why people are having a HUGE meltdown over this. Okay, I CAN understand why you guys are frustrated but glitches or exploits aren't something we haven't heard of before. I won't name any game but almost all big FPS games have glitches and exploits. So instead of going "OMG!!! KZ2/GG SUCKS ASS!!" we should find these glitches and report them to GG and help make this game better.

icechai

ilanna said:
So damn true. I dunno why people are having a HUGE meltdown over this. Okay, I CAN understand why you guys are frustrated but glitches or exploits aren't something we haven't heard of before. I won't name any game but almost all big FPS games have glitches and exploits. So instead of going "OMG!!! KZ2/GG SUCKS ASS!!" we should find these glitches and report them to GG and help make this game better.

they do report it, they're going crazy because it happened in a clan match, which is a lot more competitive than public games and affects valor points

Kuroyume said:
Cheating/glitching and lag aren't exclusive to KZ2.

Honestly, I haven't experienced any of this except maybe for lag in just a few games. I only play medium sized games.

Agree..

Almost all if not all have weakness to exploit,i haven't experience lg at all,but the exploits i sure was a victim of it.

tiddles

Lince said:
I just imagined the best console game in years wouldn't be lacking features already present in other big titles like dedicated servers or party-system

KZ2 uses only dedicated servers, afaik - there's still a game host (which can transfer if they leave), but otherwise it's not a P2P system.

JudgeN

Are none clan games dedicated servers? Shit I thought this game used dedicated servers. But I rarely experience any lag when playing though.

Lince

Banned
tiddles said:
KZ2 uses only dedicated servers, afaik - there's still a game host (which can transfer if they leave), but otherwise it's not a P2P system.

you're dead wrong sorry, KZ2 mp is p2p like Halo or CoD, not dedicated servers as in Resistance 2 or Warhawk official games.

Facism

Lince said:
you're dead wrong sorry, KZ2 mo is p2p like Halo or CoD, not dedicated servers as in Resistance 2 or Warhawk official games.

'omg wat you smoking 32player servers are never laggy for me DEDICATED SERVERS AWESOME CONNECTION LOLOLOLOL'

:lol

I just won a game by raging through 4 guys as a boosting Sab and capping the assassination target.

I love it when Italians rage at you :lol SO much passionate venom, but hard to take seriously, like people with brummy accents.

tiddles

Lince said:
you're dead wrong sorry, KZ2 mp is p2p like Halo or CoD, not dedicated servers as in Resistance 2 or Warhawk official games.

yup, you're right, my bad - you learn something new every day :D

Lince said:

Thats odd. Still runs well though, and im only on 512. Get the odd jitter, but still very fun and playable. Havent been online in forever though, too many other games to finish first.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dante said:
yup...Already playing waaay better :)

Beer is one performance enhancing beverage I DO endorse.
Indifferent2.gif

icechai

pseudocaesar said:
Thats odd. Still runs well though, and im only on 512. Get the odd jitter, but still very fun and playable. Havent been online in forever though, too many other games to finish first.

try creating a game and start downloading a whole buncha stuff on your computer (or if you have slower cable connection like me), people will teleport all over the place :p

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Does anyone have any tips on getting the Aerial Supportive ribbons? I have played so many games and called for aerial bots whenever I have chance and feel it is a suitable place, and have never got the required number of kills in a game for a ribbon (I think it's only 5?). I have played in games with 30 min rounds thinking that this would help - it didn't...

any help would be appreciated.

Facism

Bojanglez said:
Does anyone have any tips on getting the Aerial Supportive ribbons? I have played so many games and called for aerial bots whenever I have chance and feel it is a suitable place, and have never got the required number of kills in a game for a ribbon (I think it's only 5?). I have played in games with 30 min rounds thinking that this would help - it didn't...

pistol games or getting someone to stand araound and get shot up by airbots for you, 5 times per game, 8 times.

icechai

Bojanglez said:

only time i've gotten it legit is when they don't have an engineer, also don't place it near their spawn. If there are engineers, go around and hunt any turrets you see, they kill air sentries real fast.

GodofWine

Bojanglez said:

Im one ribbon away from my medal...but I've played like 150 games and have been a tactician most of that time (I swear my KZ.com stats are wrong) and the courtyard at Radec is a good spot, but put them towards corner, more room to dodge turret rockets.

and the middle bridges on blood gratch seem good too....but its still a miracle to get a ribbon.
Start a pistol room with no engineers, thats probably your best hope.

Firewire

Banned
Finally able to play a bit last night and my damn internet kept dropping out on me.

Whats all this DLC talk? Have they announced anything?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Bojanglez said:
Think a pistol room is the way forward then, might help me get those ribbons too, thanks for the info guys!

I'm going to be setting up a room later to get these medals via the lame/cheating way if you're interested.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
commish said:
I'm going to be setting up a room later to get these medals via the lame/cheating way if you're interested.

Most certainly am, it feels a bit cheap doing it this way, but the medal for aerial support seems so hard to obtain legit that I think it might be the only option.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Bojanglez said:
Most certainly am, it feels a bit cheap doing it this way, but the medal for aerial support seems so hard to obtain legit that I think it might be the only option.

I have 100 hours into MP and have 0 air bot badges. I'm not above cheating for it at this point. What's your PSN? Ill make a post here when I set it up.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
commish said:
I have 100 hours into MP and have 0 air bot badges. I'm not above cheating for it at this point. What's your PSN? Ill make a post here when I set it up.

PSN = Bojanglez

I will be on between 1900-2000 and again 2230-0030 (BST), not sure if you will be on during those times though?

YoungHav

Banned
You want Airbot ribbons, play longer matches!

Yo, when is the DLC announcement. Is it 12:30am Thursday as in 1) its wednesday morning and I'm staying up until 1230 am (which would be Thurs) or 2) Its thursday morning and I'm staying up until 1230 tonight (which would actually be FRI).

Despite all the problems the game is having everytime I am about to join a match and the little loading screen comes up with a tip I start getting so pumped.

Damn I love this game.

Slamo

commish said:

I'm interested. I have almost 6 days of K2 and only 4 medals... I don't care anymore.

PSN id: jeanbodin

KZObsessed

BruceLeeRoy said:
Despite all the problems the game is having everytime I am about to join a match and the little loading screen comes up with a tip I start getting so pumped.

Damn I love this game.

Whenever I got super pissed off from being on a shitty team or some bunch of twats just want to boost around and shoot the floor with rockets, or I keep getting shot in the face by some invincible spawning asshole I throw my controller against the wall and curse Guerrilla's name.

But then the next day I always get the urge to play and can't stay away. I keep playing til 5am and I just can't stop. It's got it's hooks in my dick and it just wont let go.

GodofWine

FFObsessed said:
Whenever I got super pissed off from being on a shitty team or some bunch of twats just want to boost around and shoot the floor with rockets, or I keep getting shot in the face by some invincible spawning asshole I throw my controller against the wall and curse Guerrilla's name.

But then the next day I always get the urge to play and can't stay away. I keep playing til 5am and I just can't stop. It's got it's hooks in my dick and it just wont let go.

This game was the first PS3 game that inspired me to destroy a $55 control pad :lol Yet its the only game I've played since it launched....the world needs a good tactician and I am there to serve damnit!!

I was brutal on PS2 pads, but due to the cost of DS3's, I've been good.

JardeL

Kittonwy said:
The most I've gotten was 3 air bot killz, I needz my ribbons.
angry.gif
Try engineer + Air Support as secondary badge and place both of them same place ... Corinth Crossing [ where yours got me 2-3 times yesterday ] and PR are the best maps for Air bot kills imo ...

And FFOs , I hope you learnt where to place C4s @ Salamun :lol ...

KZObsessed

JardeL said:
Try engineer + Air Support as secondary badge and place both of them same place ... Corinth Crossing [ where yours got me 2-3 times yesterday ] and PR are the best maps for Air bot kills imo ...

And FFOs , I hope you learnt where to place C4s @ Salamun :lol ...

I hope you die
Indifferent2.gif

I'd be running behind someone and he'd run past no problem then when I ran past the same part BOOM. That last game was pure shit.

raYne

BruceLeeRoy said:

Damn I love this game.
Pretty much. I have a crap load of issues with this game, but I still have almost 90 hrs invested in it.

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:

Ouch.
Indifferent2.gif

KZObsessed

Ok the invincible fucking spawning is fucking ruining this game. It wouldn't be so bad if that red shimmer actually accurately depicted that the time they were invincible, but when it disappears they're still fucking invincible for a brief period. Let me know when I can hurt them so I don't waste a shotgun blast to their face for no damage, just to have them kill me instantly.

Fix your broken game. Do you guys even play it public servers or just play amongst yourselves and think everything's fine?

edit: I just threw a spawn point against a wall and it made everyone spawn behind the wall. urgh ffs.

KZObsessed

God, I just entered and left 6 different games because they were all fucking shit. I'm just gonna play bodycount for a while, at least it doesn't matter if my team and a bunch of turds.

FFObsessed said:
Ok the invincible fucking spawning is fucking ruining this game. It wouldn't be so bad if that red shimmer actually accurately depicted that the time they were invincible, but when it disappears they're still fucking invincible for a brief period. Let me know when I can hurt them so I don't waste a shotgun blast to their face for no damage, just to have them kill me instantly.

Fix your broken game. Do you guys even play it public servers or just play amongst yourselves and think everything's fine?

edit: I just threw a spawn point against a wall and it made everyone spawn behind the wall. urgh ffs.

Invincible is one thing, but the invisible guys that can blow your head off are a real problem. You can start shooting as soon as you spawn but you are not visible to the enemy until about 1/2 second after spawning which means you can get a bead on them before they even know you are coming.

Though KZ2 has issues it is still the best FPS I have played. I haven't broken any controllers over it (that was reserved for the shit spawning in R2 and weapons locking in R2), but I have yelled very very loud, and bruised the side of my hand when I slammed my fist into my oak coffee table.

I really hope that GG is reading this forum and taking things to heart. A lot of the concerns and solutions that are being raised should be considered at great length. I don't assume to know what GG's long term goal is with respect to this game, but some of the issues that break tactics or competition really need to be addressed.

KZObsessed

Yep. I HATE the two major changes they've made since the Beta. Invincible spawning and FF off by default. That combination can break the game. If FF is off the game should be unranked. And they should get rid of the invincibility completely or at least sort out the invincibility timing ans stop them from being able to kill me during it. The fact that they now spawn at random places around the spawn grenade is enough, you don't need invincibility. Just turns things into a spawn fest mess and a few ppl have gotten sick of it already.

It's just another case of a game almost being ruined by trying to make it far more "casual"friendly or whatever.

Firewire

Banned
I think I've finally gotten my internet connection sorted out, I will try to get in on some games around 10 tonight, hopefully Gaf has a server up.

KZObsessed

EURO GAF!!!!

We have the OFFICIAL GUERRILLA CORINTH CLUSTER FUCK clan game at 8:30pm GMT today.

Anyone who can make it plz make sure you do, first come first serve. We need 16 people.

RAWR!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So what determines the amount of points one gets? I'm noticing I'm getting +1 and sometimes +3 on kills (no headshot).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
alr1ghtstart said:
So what determines the amount of points one gets? I'm noticing I'm getting +1 and sometimes +3 on kills (no headshot).
Depends on the game mode. Bodycount gets +2 unless you have the Corpse Counter Badge, then you get +3. You get extra points for finishing off the Assassination target and killing an enemy within your Capture and Hold area. The rest of the time you get +1 unless you get a headshot and you have the badge that gets you an extra point per headshot.

Top Bottom