• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

DMeisterJ said:
I would hope that new ranks would be a patch, and the levels would be DLC. Can't imagine paying to level up higher.
Absolutely not. That would have to be a free patch, otherwise it would just be utter bullshit. But Jeff does say "DLC" which in the terms of game companies mean paid for content.

Rapping Granny said:
Wait, sold that much in America or worldwide?

i'd reckon it's america since it's scea talking. and i'm pretty sure the game sold more than that worldwide, it's still in the top 10 of a lot of countries in europe.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Leviathon007 said:
Has anyone else been kicked from a game?

My brother and I were "cheating" last night to get the air support ribbons and after a few minutes we were booted from the game. I still got my ribbon, but he only had 4 kills before getting kicked. We tried a second game and that one ended even sooner.

This happen to anyone else?
:|

I cheated to get the air support badges myself (not proud of that at all!). I hate those flybots and I like using C4s instead of airbots, anyways my friend and I were getting booted too, but then we pretended to be actually playing instead of just standing still, moving around, one of us staying hidden while the other pretended to be shooting at the bot. And that's how we got the badges! lol

KZObsessed

They wouldn't add Vehicles to the current maps obviously, would be specific vehicle maps surely. I think that'd be pretty cool... or a mess. :p

The original quote is:

"Killzone 2 has been the fastest SCEA PS3 title to break the 500,000 unit mark and it's also the highest selling SCEA PS3 title for the first 30 days out of launch," detailed Steinberg. "So far, we are extremely happy with the results."

So it's the fastest Sony game to get past 500k in the US, not that it's only sold 500k in the US.

Baha

This is the picture in question:

3427113276_267d9f5318.jpg

DMeisterJ

Banned
FFObsessed said:
They wouldn't add Vehicles to the current maps obviously, would be specific vehicle maps surely. I think that'd be pretty cool... or a mess. :p

So it's the fastest Sony game to get past 500k in the US, not that it's only sold 500k in the US.

That's what I figured.

Good. I almost died a slow death.

man, read the primary sources. Rule #1 of bullshit detection.

stupid VG247 writer "Killzone 2 fastest moving title for Sony, has sold 500,000 units"

LINKED SOURCE OF INFORMATION

Actual quote: "Killzone 2 has been the fastest SCEA PS3 title to break the 500,000 unit mark and it's also the highest selling SCEA PS3 title for the first 30 days out of launch" -Steinberg

Meaning of quote: Killzone2 hit the 500,00 units sold mark faster than other other 1st party PS3 title. This does not mean that it's sold 500,00. This means that it sold it's 500,000th unit sooner after it's release than any other 1st party game. Also, notice the wording "break the 500,000 unit mark". This means it's already sold more than 500,000.

Grow some brains gaf.

Victarion

that's what i thought too. but i was a little bit confused since it was quoted that "Killzone 2 has sold 500,000 units."

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think I might be done with my beloved C4. The blood pack secondary is just so much more useful. Always being at full health is such an advantage.... I never realized until I paid attention to how many firefights I win with very little health left. If I had started at half health, I'd have died much more. Nevermind the ability to heal teammates (though difficult).

ninjavanish said:

stupid VG247 writer "Killzone 2 fastest moving title for Sony, has sold 500,000 units"

Actual quote: "Killzone 2 has been the fastest SCEA PS3 title to break the 500,000 unit mark and it's also the highest selling SCEA PS3 title for the first 30 days out of launch" -Steinberg

Meaning of quote: Killzone2 hit the 500,00 units sold mark faster than other other 1st party PS3 title. This does not mean that it's sold 500,00. This means that it sold it's 500,000th unit sooner after it's release than any other 1st party game. Also, notice the wording "break the 500,000 unit mark". This means it's already sold more than 500,000.

Grow some brains gaf.

Nope, sorry. It's fact now. KZ2 has only sold 500k.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DMeisterJ said:
What would Ted Price think?

--

I'm selling all my Sony products, KZ2 only sold 500k.
Yeahp, everything lost his meaning with KZ2 only sold 500k... Sony am fail.

Probably sales talk and sales thread is the only thing i hate from GAF.
But too many people enjoy it so...

Nizz

Man, tonight's episode of Gametrailers tv is gonna be pretty cool. New info on DLC for K2, plus a look at Bioshock 2. :D

.GqueB.

Banned
You guys are probably thinking a bit too hard about this. Alls he said was you know these maps so well because you are aware that there are certain key spots at sal market and you know how to rape at Radec academy.

Theyre releasing new maps. neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaps. I hope theyre free. Paid dlc map packs just segment the userbase. Like Warhawk packs. I hated that.

thaOwner

Yup, I was right.

#
uglylonelygirl13 on 4/9/2009 1:23 pm

OMG! A game that took 4 years to build and cost (by some conservative estimates) over 50 million to make (plus ridiculous amounts of marketing) managed to break into the top 5 in it's first month? Shocking! Sorry, but this is flop. Less of a flop than others have been recently, but a flop all the same. On the bright side it does have really amazing GFX.

.GqueB. said:
You guys are probably thinking a bit too hard about this. Alls he said was you know these maps so well because you are aware that there are certain key spots a sal market and you know how to rape at Radec academy.

Theyre releasing new maps. neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaps. I hope theyre free. Paid dlc map packs just segment the userbase. Like Warhawk packs. I hated that

It certainly made me quit Warhawk sooner than later

-viper-

Banned
ninjavanish said:

Grow some brains gaf.
Quoting again in case idiots are unable to read.

Pojo

Banned
So the chances of this update adding co-op are what, none?

I shouldn't build myself up. I know! But what better way to introduce your friends to the awesomeness that is Killzone 2 that co-op?

Prezhulio

i cannot wait to hear the info for the dlc. hopefully free patch adding more classes with ability to use vehicles at higher levels.. i'm getting the itch that AA scratched and killzone might just satisfy

Tom Penny

.GqueB. said:
You guys are probably thinking a bit too hard about this. Alls he said was you know these maps so well because you are aware that there are certain key spots at sal market and you know how to rape at Radec academy.

Theyre releasing new maps. neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaps. I hope theyre free. Paid dlc map packs just segment the userbase. Like Warhawk packs. I hated that.

What are the odds of that? If they don't they are making a huge mistake.

Dirtbag

Prezhulio said:
i cannot wait to hear the info for the dlc. hopefully free patch adding more classes with ability to use vehicles at higher levels.. i'm getting the itch that AA scratched and killzone might just satisfy

whats AA??

Tom Penny said:
What are the odds of that? If they don't they are making a huge mistake.
Experience has proven otherwise. Though there are/is arguably more important (or equally important) fixes and tweaks to the experience lest they go the road of Gears of War (2 map packs in and still haven't gotten the game in an acceptable sustainable place).

careful

BruceLeeRoy said:
Viper
I just read your idea on how to solve spawn invincibility.
That's a brilliant idea man I hope you post that on the official forums.
I think the best compromise as far as balancing out the spawns vs. ease of implementation is Kittonwy's suggestion of giving a larger vulnerability window for the spawn grenade to be shot and destroyed. Let's say 10 seconds to shoot it before it becomes active sounds reasonable.

Though my personal preference is still to disable any spawn grenade that lands in the objective area green zone. This way you wouldn't have to rely on other players with knowledge to shoot the spawn grenades.

Also, if they introduce vehicles to MP I am done with this game. You hear me GG! :mad:

Tom Penny

Dirtbag said:
whats AA??

Experience has proven otherwise. Though there are/is arguably more important (or equally important) fixes and tweaks to the experience lest they go the road of Gears of War (2 map packs in and still haven't gotten the game in an acceptable sustainable place).

I absolutely agree but if the content isn't substantial and I have to pay that will personally end my playtime with the game.

Top Bottom