• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

icechai

careful said:
Though my personal preference is still to disable any spawn grenade that lands in the objective area green zone. This way you wouldn't have to rely on other players with knowledge to shoot the spawn grenades.

uh so you wouldn't be able to use spawn grenades during assassination??

GodofWine

dwin45 said:
I'm guessing 3 new maps and maybe a few additional rankings (beyond 3 star-general).

I like that, but if its just based on points, I'll probably already be ranked up to whatever they put out...

KZ mini games!!! SHOOT THE CLOWN!!!! :)

careful said:
I think the best compromise as far as balancing out the spawns vs. ease of implementation is Kittonwy's suggestion of giving a larger vulnerability window for the spawn grenade to be shot and destroyed. Let's say 10 seconds to shoot it before it becomes active sounds reasonable.

Though my personal preference is still to disable any spawn grenade that lands in the objective area green zone. This way you wouldn't have to rely on other players with knowledge to shoot the spawn grenades.

Also, if they introduce vehicles to MP I am done with this game. You hear me GG! :mad:

I think that is a really good idea. I was referring to Vipers suggestion that your invincibility when you spawn goes away the second you start shooting.

JardeL

Probably DLC wont be free , because this is SCE ...

500K for US after 30days is fail ... I wonder if "1.1 million pre-orders for EU" was true ... Probably it wasnt , because this is SCEE ...

.GqueB.

Banned
Tom Penny said:
What are the odds of that? If they don't they are making a huge mistake.
Well we can hope that the teachings of Burnout and LBP has taught them something. There are other things to charge for than map packs. They really need to stop charging for those because it usually ends up f'ing everything up.

Id rather them charge for things like extra missions or SOMEthing unrelated to multiplayer. It sucks when youre trying to play with friends and you get some error because you didnt buy the maps. Its stupid. Imagine trying to organize gaf games like that. Pain in the ass.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
JardeL said:
500K for US after 30days is fail ... I wonder if "1.1 million pre-orders for EU" was true ... Probably it wasnt , because this is SCEE ...
Someone smack this kid in the face for me.

mr_nothin

Banned
Hmmm!
Anybody think that there will be an additional class...anti-engineer class?
Maybe some tweaks to the sniper class to make them more anti-engineer-ish.

I forgot whether or not the snipers can be seen by turrets. I know they can be seen by air support. Anybody think that they will make them invisible to those things?

.GqueB.

Banned
JardeL said:

READ YOU WORTHLESS C**T

S... sorry I lost it there for a second.

dwin45

mr_nothin said:
Hmmm!

I forgot whether or not the snipers can be seen by turrets. I know they can be seen by air support. Anybody think that they will make them invisible to those things?
Snipers can be seen by turrets. I doubt they will make them undetectable by turrets. They're already sort of overpowered as it is.

JardeL said:

I always correlate an excessive use of periods with stupidity. Hasn't failed me so far.

Kittonwy

Banned
JardeL said:

slap.gif

mr_nothin

Banned
dwin45 said:
Snipers can be seen by turrets. I doubt they will make them undetectable by turrets. They're already sort of overpowered as it is.
Maybe they'll make turrets hackable in some form or fashion.
Snipers = undetectable by turrets and you can hack into them.

Im just throwing out ideas here!

Dibbz

If it's maps then it should be free. Don't fuck up the community by releasing damn map packs at £5 a pop. SP content or additional MP content that doesn't change the game (new outfits etc) should cost money. Maps or anything that will alter the game in a big way should be free.

Sounds backwards but why the hell would you want to splinter the community.

/rant

If we are getting maps here's hoping for that snow map from KZ1.

JardeL

Ahaha sorry misunderstood it ... Anyway we'll see how much it is in a few days... But 144K players online this week gives me a clue about it ...

Dirtbag

i still can't believe people think developers are all that concerned about 'splintering the community.' Paid DLC is established, it works.
People buy it, people still buy the game.
You've already bought the game, so why not?

Kittonwy

Banned
mr_nothin said:
Hmmm!

Part of the benefit of turrets and airbots is that they can spot snipers and sabs, snipers and sabs are powerful enough alweady.
angry.gif

mr_nothin

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Part of the benefit of turrets and airbots is that they can spot snipers and sabs, snipers and sabs are powerful enough alweady.
angry.gif
Well dammit!

They could just be adding "Hacking" as an additional 2nd ability.
Somebody counter that! :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So.. why should the DLC be free?
Almost every FPS have paid map packs, its nothing new.

Dirtbag

Fersis said:
So.. why should the DLC be free?
Almost every FPS have paid map packs, its nothing new.
Agreed.
The only protest that will ever work, would be to not buy them, in mass.
Till that day, realize your complaining is mostly ignored.
DLC makes these companies good money. At the end of the day, these are businesses.
And businesses make money.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rapping Granny said:
I hope it comes out today.

PSstore gets updated on Thursdays
GTTV changed the show to air on Thursday instead of Friday.

it only makes sense.
The PSN Store has been updated, no KZ2 DLC my friend.
Tough now that i remember it you said that i am on your ignore list so you cant read this :(

EDIT:Of course that i want free DLC, i dont even have PSN funds to buy the R2 map pack.
:(

xiked

Banned
JardeL said:

15887wo.gif

btw. think you have miss read the hole situation.

Fersis

Facism said:
I'll have to sit in GAFe chat whilst you all enjoy your shiney new paid-for maps, hoping they become free eventually.
We suck, we are poor ;__;

JardeL said:
Ahaha sorry misunderstood it ... Anyway we'll see how much it is in a few days... But 144K players online this week gives me a clue about it ...

Never come across you on these boards before.
Great first impression.

Facism

Fersis said:
We suck, we are poor ;__;

I have monies. I don't like paying for maps. I prefer it when a dev supports their community with free content updates, instead of asking them to reach into their pockets or have them suffer being segmented, like Valve.

Facism

BruceLeeRoy said:
Never come across you on these boards before.
Great first impression.

Jardel is a regular and quite talented player in the GAFE Killzone 2 clan. Show the proper respect.

Fersis

Facism said:
I have monies. I don't like paying for maps. I prefer it when a dev supports their community with free content updates, instead of asking them to reach into their pockets or have them segmented, like Valve.
I see...

I suck, im poor.
(Fixed)

Dirtbag

Facism said:
I have monies. I don't like paying for maps. I prefer it when a dev supports their community with free content updates, instead of asking them to reach into their pockets or have them segmented, like Valve.
Well obviously, who doesn't prefer free maps?

VNZ

Just finished the game on Elite. I have to say it's the most intense and enjoyable singleplayer FPS I've played so far.

Now, the MP could be up there too in a patch or two... If GG just had their shit together. But really, I'm not sure if they realize how fucked up their game is in some respects.

And for the DLC, I'm gearing up for disappointment. Worst case scenario: A freakin Home space. Best case: Well... 2-4 maps, 1-2 new classes and some major lobby and balancing tweaks. But really, I'm not holding my breath.

Fersis

BruceLeeRoy said:
Unfortunately talent and personality don't seem to go hand in hand.
Come on Bruce, lets be a little more friendly shall we? There's no need to be mean :3
*Hugs BruceLeeRoy*

Dirtbag said:
GAFA > GAFE
DIE IN A FIRE ! :mad:
Joking!
*Hugs Dirtbag*

Kittonwy said:
It does for me but then Im specialz.
Indifferent2.gif

Ha that is true you are one talented cat.

Fersis said:
Come on Bruce, lets be a little more friendly shall we? There's no need to be mean :3

Alright I apologize for being mean but damn some people should read before they decide to go nuts.

Facism

He wasn't the only guy to misinterpret the news, and he probably wants the map pack to be free.

No need to attack or adjudge his personality based on a few messageboard posts, especially when his first langauge isn't English.

Kittonwy

Banned
VNZ said:
Just finished the game on Elite. I have to say it's the most intense and enjoyable singleplayer FPS I've played so far.

Now, the MP could be up there too in a patch or two... If GG just had their shit together. But really, I'm not sure if they realize how fucked up their game is in some respects.

And for the DLC, I'm gearing up for disappointment. Worst case scenario: A freakin Home space. Best case: Well... 2-4 maps, 1-2 new classes and some major lobby and balancing tweaks. But really, I'm not holding my breath.

I have always thought the MP is actually what makes KZ2 so afw, it has its share of things that need to be fixed but it's far from broken and it's still more enjoyable than any other FPS on the PS3.
angry.gif

Top Bottom