• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Dante

Ohhh Can't wait to try out the new maps.

Just had an Epic maxed out timer match on Visari Hammer, I think I am starting to like this map more as time goes on.

Rapping Granny said:
offtopic -
Biochock 2 looks meh, why is there even a sequel to this?

Bioshock 2 looks great

Prezhulio said:
also offtopic, but no gttv topic yet: Molyneaux - full of shit?

Of course, Molineaux was hyping his shit like always, the dude is almost as bad as Dennis Dyack.

____

TheFatOne said:
He just mentioned that there will be new features no specifics yet.

raYne said:
Nothing, but we knew this since we already knew the level in that shot.

Didn't say anything about it. Just literally said, "new features down the line".

oh okay cool. hopefully this stuff isn't too far down the line

.GqueB.

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
:lol Reggie hates Sony and the PS3, it's even funnier 'cause he praised the 360 and XBL without hesitation....
It was a pretty giant blowjob. Hes all "We're always thinking about what we can do to be more like xboxlive"

That made me laugh a bit. *sigh* I love gaming.

Edit: And I hope these environmental deaths dont count as suicides.

Edit2: Apparently rubbing pumpkin pie all over yourself will get you laid... why am I still watching this channel? *finishes watching the Wire season 2*

I think the bigger of the 2 Killzone 2 announcement was the retro map pack coming. For the love of God give me that Japanese Maple Tree level running on this engine. That would look so fucking amazing.

Also this really better not be more then $4.99. If they were nice it should really be $3.99.

.GqueB. said:
It was a pretty giant blowjob. Hes all "We're always thinking about what we can do to be more like xboxlive"

That made me laugh a bit. *sigh* I love gaming.

:lol true, try to be like PSN first before trying to be like XBL, baby steps, Reggie, baby steps.

And I'm pretty sure the environmental deaths will count as suicides, why wouldn't they?

raYne

.GqueB. said:
Why wouldn't it? You're the one who jumped into an incoming column..

Don't deaths by fall damage count as suicides? Never had one, so I'm not sure. If they do, it's the same principle.

Dirtbag

The Train level will suck, mark my words.
It looks like a gears 2 gimmick level.
I'm judging that book by its cover. The other map looked interesting as hell though.

raYne

Dirtbag said:
The Train level will suck, mark my words.
It looks like a gears 2 gimmick level.
I'm judging that book by its cover. The other map looked interesting as hell though.
Exactly why I said. "Gears redux".

Instead of fighting in the environment and getting hit by a train, you fight on a train and get hit by the environment. :lol

.GqueB.

Banned
Cruzader said:
So why is GT not putting KZ2 DLC teaser up yet? I dont give a fk about bioshock 2.
Because it wasnt much of a teaser. Im sure the map pack teaser will be released on the PS blog first closer to its release.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
10dollas said:
Oh pls... Oh forgive me for wanting to playing with people I know. Oh and correction on your statement, GAF only team, not just Gaf heavy team. There wasn't any GAF on the one team i was originally on.

I was on the team you were originally on, and I'm in GAFA... and when you left, it was 9 on 4 - me and 3 tards ;). Play against 9 with only 4 is not much fun, so I left to join a server that was more balanced. It's fine to want to play with people you know, but unbalancing teams so drastically is lame. I hate when people do that, GAF or not. Happens every game though.

Glad to get new maps, but like everyone else, was hoping for a few new features.

TheFatOne

commish said:
I was on the team you were originally on, and I'm in GAFA... and when you left, it was 9 on 4 - me and 3 tards ;). Play against 9 with only 4 is not much fun, so I left to join a server that was more balanced. It's fine to want to play with people you know, but unbalancing teams so drastically is lame. I hate when people do that, GAF or not. Happens every game though.

Glad to get new maps, but like everyone else, was hoping for a few new features.

It's funny because I prefer to be on the unbalanced team. I mean the team with less players. The kills just feel better somehow.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
TheFatOne said:
It's funny because I prefer to be on the unbalanced team. I mean the team with less players. The kills just feel better somehow.

Depends on the game mode. For bodycount, I like to be on the team with lesser players, as it's easier to get more kills (and I've won shorthanded numerous times). However, for something like S&D or C&H, it's just frustrating and useless with only 4 against 9.

TheFatOne said:
I agree, to an extent. Playing bodycount against a team of 8 versus...you...is interesting. If the team's good, you gotta be a shadow in the night to get your kills.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Two maps? That's it?

To those who saw them, how big do they look like? Train one sounds like "Thersis in motion". What about the Cruiser one? Radec?

TTP said:
Two maps? That's it?

To those who saw them, how big do they look like? Train one sounds like "Thersis in motion". What about the Cruiser one? Radec?
Your are on top of two Helghast cruiser things, that travel parallel to each other.

raYne

TTP said:
Two maps? That's it?

The train map's is exactly how it sounds, smallish. Two trains running side by side and the players have to jump the gap to get to the action. While dodging the occasional column that passes between them, of course. It looks like the same width as the SP train section, but doubled (duh). Not sure how long it is, but they only showed the exterior section and one of the cargo rooms.

The cruiser is much larger and the better of the two maps. Multistory, huge space in the middle where you can expect the larger battles to play out, staircases all over the place, etc. It's seems to be timeframed when the Helghast board it in the SP. So there's debris everywhere, things on fire and basically a lot of rubble to hide behind. It looked larger than Radec, but it's hard to judge the full size with the editing.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
raYne said:
The train map's is exactly how it sounds, smallish. Two trains running side by side and the players have to jump the gap to get to the action. While dodging the occasional column that passes between them, of course. It looks like the same width as the SP train section, but doubled (duh). Not sure how long it is, but they only showed the exterior section and one of the cargo rooms.

The cruiser is much larger and the better of the two maps. Multistory, huge space in the middle where you can expect the larger battles to play out, staircases all over the place, etc. It's seems to be timeframed when the Helghast board it in the SP. So there's debris everywhere, things on fire and basically a lot of rubble to hide behind. It looked larger than Radec, but it's hard to judge the full size with the editing.

Thanks man. Is the Cruiser area similar to the SP one where the Heavy and two flamethrowers appear at the bottom floor (with flying drones coming in and stuff)?

They both sound like medium size maps a la HGH Industries or smaller. Damn. Oh well, there is hope for new game modes at least. :/

No release date hint right?

raYne

TTP said:
Thanks man. Is the Cruiser area similar to the SP one where the Heavy and two flamethrowers appear at the bottom floor (with flying drones coming in and stuff)?
:lol I was just about to edit that in. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the exact same area.

No date, no pricing, nada. *shrug*

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
raYne said:
:lol I was just about to edit that in. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the exact same area.

Yeah. They are obviously reusing some of the SP settings for these new maps. I can already tell which ones are coming next.

raYne

TTP said:
Yeah. They are obviously reusing some of the SP settings for these new maps. I can already tell which ones are coming next.
Indeed. Suljeva Village etc.

At least that one should be on the large side.

Zen said:
Hopefully the train map has the wind from its single player area that effects Grenade throws etc.

It happens in all the other maps so I wouldn't be surprised if we see it in both of these new maps as well.

Zen

Banned
I've honestly never noticed the wind really effecting things in the other MP maps, granted this one will far an away be the most obvious.

Banned
Zen said:
So that means that Killzone is pretty much garanteed to sell at least 277k in next months NPD reporting period? I can't imagine an SCEA title within the first 30 days not shifting 500k within 30 days, during the PS2 says.

Isn't this a SCEE title?

Kuroyume

Banned
I really liked the look of the two maps. I expect that they'll have a price on DLC sooner or later, but charging for two maps taken from SP sucks. Hopefully, it's free.

Snipes424

Just killed
Radec
on Elite...

That was by far the hardest thing I've done in a videogame to date.

I also think I broke a record for the most use of the F word said to a video game.

Top Bottom