• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Gbeav

Banned
Snipes424 said:
Just killed
Radec
on Elite...

That was by far the hardest thing I've done in a videogame to date.

I also think I broke a record for the most use of the F word said to a video game.

You obviously need to play a Pixeljunk game!

Snipes424 said:
Just killed
Radec
on Elite...

That was by far the hardest thing I've done in a videogame to date.

I also think I broke a record for the most use of the F word said to a video game.

I'm there right now, on the 2nd wave of enemies and I'm scared.

The smoke blows in the wind or probably programmed to move in a certain way. I guess it's not as dramatic as on the tharsis train in SP nor does it change in direction.

Holy crap @ KZ2 ending!

Holy crap, indeed.

Game = 10/10. No questions about it.

If you have a question at all:

paddlin.jpg

Dementia

God fucking damnit Comcast. That's the THIRD disconnect in a row.

Fuck.

And I already had 3 airbot kills halfway through the match.

Edit: Jesus is it really that hard for them to keep a stable service at 3 o'clock in the fucking morning? This is seriously pissing me off.

I am tired of being forced to be the "not retarded" tactician in public games, and frankly I'm tired of what happens when both sides have tacticians (smart or dumb).
:(

If only GG would put a single DEFAULT game up in the list. A "no spawn" default game maybe right below "pistols only" or something.

I have tried in vane to make No Spawn rooms but sitting there alone waiting for enough people to join is really, really, really stupid. Unless I can get enough friends online to jump start the room it will never get going.

Dementia said:
God fucking damnit Comcast. That's the THIRD disconnect in a row.

Fuck.

And I already had 3 airbot kills halfway through the match.

Edit: Jesus is it really that hard for them to keep a stable service at 3 o'clock in the fucking morning? This is seriously pissing me off.

Comcast sucks ass, I remember a couple of times when I had to work overnight and was 100% dependent on having internet and they just dropped everybody's internet for 4 hours and decided to do maintenance or whatever.

mr_nothin

Banned
We need a good and well balanced "class/job" mode with 1 tactician and 1 or 2 assault classes per team and every other class has a set limit. That plus a "no respawn" option would make for very interesting play.

Kittonwy

Banned
UntoldDreams said:
I am tired of being forced to be the "not retarded" tactician in public games, and frankly I'm tired of what happens when both sides have tacticians (smart or dumb).
:(

If only GG would put a single DEFAULT game up in the list. A "no spawn" default game maybe right below "pistols only" or something.

I have tried in vane to make No Spawn rooms but sitting there alone waiting for enough people to join is really, really, really stupid. Unless I can get enough friends online to jump start the room it will never get going.

Some people just want to play like a bunch of fucking deuchebags, every single one of the spawn points I've seen tonight in the pistol only game was facing the wrong direction. Some of the tacticians I've seen tonight are the worst I've ever witnessed. Not even one viable spawn point, it's like they're deliberately trying to fuck with people by fucking them over. The only good thing happening tonight was getting that melee medal.
Indifferent2.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kittonwy said:
I swear to god some people just want to play like a bunch of fucking deuchebags, every single one of the spawn points I've seen tonight in the pistol only game was facing the fucking wrong direction. Some of the tacticians I've seen tonight are the worst fucking idiots I've ever witnessed. Not even one viable spawn points, it's like they're deliberately trying to fuck with people by fucking them over.

To be fair, at no point does the game explain how to properly place a spawn point. If it wasn't for GAF, I wouldn't know myself.

Dante

TTP said:
To be fair, at no point does the game explain how to properly place a spawn point. If it wasn't for GAF, I wouldn't know myself.

Same here, I had no clue you had to face the opposite direction you want people to spawn till I read it here. They should have it as a loading screen tip. I usually end up being tactician if my team is fucking them up, the cool thing about tactician is sometime you really feel like you are individually turning the tide of a battle.

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:

If you place a spawn point and you spawn out of it, and you find out you're facing the opposite direction, wouldn't you try to place it the other way?
Indifferent2.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kittonwy said:
If you place a spawn point and you spawn out of it, and you find out you're facing the opposite direction, wouldn't you try to place it the other way?
Indifferent2.gif

I'd think you face a random direction.

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
I'd think you face a random direction.

Spawn direction is not random though. You're always going to face the direction the spawn is facing, which is facing the tactician as he throws it. It's not THAT hard to figure out. The problem is more the tactician doesn't give a shit which direction the spawn is facing, nor do the people actually want to win the round. There are basically a whole bunch of people who are just in it to get the kills but for some reason they can't seem to just stick to bodycount.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

Tonight some Tactician genius took both spawn points to some random point on the map to fight it out on Pyrrhus Rise. The Search and Destroy objective was on the other side of the map.

I have no idea what the people were doing I guess they "really" wanted to take that meaningless building over.

(Actually... Maybe they didn't know there is a shared pool of spawn grenades and they screwed over the team?)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kittonwy said:
Spawn direction is not random though. You're always going to face the direction the spawn is facing, which is facing the tactician as he throws it. It's not THAT hard to figure out. The problem is more the tactician doesn't give a shit which direction the spawn is facing, nor do the people actually want to win the round. There are basically a whole bunch of people who are just in it to get the kills but for some reason they can't seem to just stick to bodycount.
Indifferent2.gif

So you figured it out yourself right? :p

The impression of randomness come from the fact that you spawn at different spawn points during the game, yours and others, and squad leaders'. You just don't pay attention to it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Dante said:
The new maps look HOT! especially like Cruiser.

Nice to see there are head level moving objects on the train one. I guess crouching will be enough to avoid those.

Actually... What is considered the best way to handle DLC map packs?
By charging money they will fragment the user base.

If I make a Warzone with Pyrrhus Rise and the SpaceCruiser map... What happens to someone without the DLC they can't join and play?

Dante

TTP said:
Nice to see there are head level moving objects on the train one. I guess crouching will be enough to avoid those.

Yeah I'd imagine there's going to be a lot of risk vs. reward on that level. S&D and Capture and Hold will be kinda crazy on there. The jump anim is different, I bet it is context sensitive by the platforms like you mentioned. He said also there are new features coming in April as well.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
UntoldDreams said:
Actually... What is considered the best way to handle DLC map packs?
By charging money they will fragment the user base.

If I make a Warzone with Pyrrhus Rise and the SpaceCruiser map... What happens to someone without the DLC they can't join and play?

They can pull a LBP. Have everyone download the content via free update, but only those who purchased it can actually create a match which includes the new maps. Not sure this will help sales tho :D

.GqueB.

Banned
TTP said:
It's up

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=55

Edit: interesting to see a new jump animation when jumping between trains. Wonder if it's triggered by a context sensitive action. Like press X near the ledge to perform the "special jump".

Looking at that train map again I can see it many people complaining about it. That map is gonna kill a looooooot of people. If it were only the middle columns itd be ok but theres all kinda craziness going on in that level.

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
So you figured it out yourself right? :p

The impression of randomness come from the fact that you spawn at different spawn points during the game, yours and others, and squad leaders'. You just don't pay attention to it.

I did figure it out myself actually.
Indifferent2.gif

Rico is the most retarded piece of shit teammate ever, and Natko is not that far behind, Guerrilla here's an idea, if you're gonna make your game the hardest game ever, why don't you fucking give us good teammate AI or Co Op? It's fucking stupid that I have a teammate and he just sits there like a jackass while I do everything, ohh every now and again he dies and I gotta go revive his useless dumbass. I knew Rico was dumb on veteran, but he takes his stupidity to a whole new level on Elite.

Thrakier

Progmetal said:
Reggie found it really hard to say something good about the PS3, but he liked xbla.

Obviously he acknowledged the most important thing. Great games. Which is something that he doesn't have on the platform he promotes. :)

Lince

Banned
The train map will be a sniper fest, lag + timed jumps = lolz, could be funny. The cruiser one is presented as another clusterfuck similar to CR, the first seconds of the video on this one make you wonder if this is is about tactical gameplay, with two guys moving slowly and stuff, but the true nature is revealed later in an epic UT-esque fight in the lower level...

MEH

Salmon Market FTW !

Thrakier

Lince said:
The train map will be a sniper fest, lag + timed jumps = lolz, could be funny. The cruiser one is presented as another clusterfuck similar to CR, the first seconds of the video on this one make you wonder if this is is about tactical gameplay, with two guys moving slowly and stuff, but the true nature is revealed later in an epic UT-esque fight in the lower level...

MEH

Salmon Market FTW !

So...when do we go back to warhawk and R2? ;)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Thrakier said:
Obviously he acknowledged the most important thing. Great games. Which is something that he doesn't have on the platform he promotes. :)
LOL!

God, those maps look amazing, can't wait!

Lince said:

MEH

Salmon Market FTW !
Are you SERIOUSLY telling me you're not excited after seeing the maps? SERIOUSLY?!??!

Lince

Banned
ilanna said:
are you SERIOUSLY telling me you're not excited after seeing the maps? SERIOUSLY?!??!

what did you see? what I saw was two additional backgrounds more suited to Quake III Arena, am I the only one that expected this game to be a lot more slow paced and tactical? well there are now some kids in the official forum asking for a "jetpack" class... :lol

Salmon Market no respawn is the way to go.

VNZ

xenorevlis said:
Thank you, VNZ. Those look awesome :D
They sure look awesome, but one has to wonder how they play...

I hope the New Sun map includes some larger areas not seen in SP... On top of the hull for example. And the train, well. Let's hope it's long, longer than the Corinth Crossing map. If not it basically looks like a version of Tharsis Depot with moving meat grinders everywhere.

Now that details for the mappack have been released and it is a safe assumption that this will be paid content, we need to determine who is going to get it and who is not. It would be nice if this didn't fragment the clans but I suppose that is unavoidable. Hopefully those people that play frequently will be getting this.

I think the maps look interesting. It sucks that they seem a bit smaller. I only ever play 12-16 player matches anyway, but it would be nice to see maps that can handle more players. As with Lince, I prefer the gameflow of Salamun and it looks like that will be missing from these two maps (assumption based on fast flowing edits). My concern with these maps is that they will favour the shotgun like Tharsis and Blood Gracht and that the S&D areas will be horribly placed like Helghan Industries or Tharsis (HGH side). GG, if you are going to put both charges on the same construct, do it like Salamun where there is a lot of moving room.

Top Bottom