• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FFObsessed said:
I'll be buying, downlaoding and playing them quite happily Fersis.

Infact I shall be buying every bit of DLC they put out, for the first time this generation.
I think that you like Killzone :3

GodofWine

BruceLeeRoy said:
It might be because I just got done with a fantastic couple hours of online play where everyone was working together great and as such I am a little high on KZ love but...
That map pack looks pretty awesome to me.

Bought and bought.

It funny how KZ emotions can change...no game has ever had the ability to go from 'OMG LOVE THIS' to {sound of paddle exploding against hard wood floor} quite like this one.

Its quite a thrill ride one way or the other..its like having a mania disorder!

test_account

XP-39C²
Fersis said:
Even KZ2 followers are harsh with Guerrilla:
'We want DLC!!'
'Just two levels?! Lame'
'Oh noes a moving level,this sucks because is not common on other FPS!!!! Lame'
'We have to pay for it!? GG sucks!So Lame'
Ye, what is up with that? :\ I dont think that i have ever seen so much complaining and negative things said about a game before from what i have seen with Killzone 2 (generally speaking, this isnt directed to anyone specific persons here just to underline that.).

I think that some of these negative things are valid points though, and i dont really mind that people say their opinion about how things could be done alittle better, but to me it feels like there are too much of the negative stuff, and i think it is a pity that there are too much negative stuff that are being mentioned :(

I wish people mentioned more positive stuff about Killzone 2 instead of mention negative things. At least i prefer to read positive things (about all things in general, not just with Killzone 2) than reading negative things :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
test_account said:
Ye, what is up with that? :\ I dont think that i have ever seen so much complaining and negative things said about a game before from what i have seen with Killzone 2 (generally speaking, this isnt directed to anyone specific persons here just to underline that.).

I think that some of these negative things are valid points though, and i dont really mind that people say their opinion about how things could be done alittle better, but to me it feels like there are too much of the negative stuff, and i think it is a pity that there are too much negative stuff that are being mentioned :(

I wish people mentioned more positive stuff about Killzone 2 instead of mention negative things. At least i prefer to read positive things (about all things in general, not just with Killzone 2) than reading negative things :)
Me too, but this is how it works:
Poster A likes something,posts : 'I like it'
Poster B dislike something, post : 'This sucks,lame,meh,phail' 500 times on every single thread he can.

KZObsessed

Fersis said:
I think that you like Killzone :3

Yep, clan games are so awesome
gladtomeetya.gif

ravien56

test_account said:
Ye, with 2 trains :) You can see some clip of the level here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=55&ch=2&sd=0
wtf did i just watch? it gave a interview showing single player then some dude is talking to a girl about the wii

edit: nvmd, its on now, I cant believe they got that stupid girl on, shes not even hot and her ass isnt special, this is worst than jessica chobot licking a psp and getting a job at ign

test_account

XP-39C²
Fersis said:
Me too, but this is how it works:
Poster A likes something,posts : 'I like it'
Poster B dislike something, post : 'This sucks,lame,meh,phail' 500 times on every single thread he can.
Hehe ye, sometimes it might feel abit like that :\

And just to add something to my previous posts: i dont really mind that people say their opinion about stuff, even if might be negative stuff, but as long as it doesnt have that "it sux!" vibe to the comment if you know what i mean?

mh56 said:
wtf did i just watch? it gave a interview showing single player then some dude is talking to a girl about the wii

edit: nvmd, its on now, I cant believe they got that stupid girl on, shes not even hot and her ass isnt special, this is worst than jessica chobot licking a psp and getting a job at ign
Ah yes, hehe, i forgot to mention that the Killzone 2 video clips about the new maps are abit later in that video clip i linked to, sorry about that :\ I just linked to "chapter 2" in that show, and it is in chapter 2 where the video clips from the new Killzone 2 maps are :)

EDIT: I now see that you already saw the video clips from the upcomming Killzone 2 maps :)

ravien56

test_account said:
EDIT: I now see that you already saw the video clips from the upcomming Killzone 2 maps :)

yea, I dunno if im gonna pick these up, the 1 with the 2 trains looks kinda interesting, but the 1on the ship has too much verticality, I hate it when i die and i cant even see who shot me, some fucker shooting me from above, especially with 32 players, this map would be complete and utter fucking chaos.

GodofWine said:
It funny how KZ emotions can change...no game has ever had the ability to go from 'OMG LOVE THIS' to {sound of paddle exploding against hard wood floor} quite like this one.

Its quite a thrill ride one way or the other..its like having a mania disorder!

Ha that is so true.
I go through some games where it takes everything in my power not to smash the DS3 and swear off the game for life.

Then I have others where I cant stop grinning. Its definitely a roller-coaster of emotions damn game makes me feel like I am PMS'ing.

FFObsessed said:
I'll be buying, downlaoding and playing them quite happily Fersis.

Infact I shall be buying every bit of DLC they put out, for the first time this generation.

Me too I will happily line up to purchase everything they release.

Dante

I actually have pretty good experiences playing with random people. I always play in the Loooong games, I think that tends to attract more serious people as your attention span has to be pretty strong to play on a single map for about 45 minutes. It also lets you get lots of ribbons being that there is so much time to do stuff and switch classes. You can also build up some pretty cool rivalries during those matches.

DuckRacer

I'd be surprised if they charged more than $3, maybe $4 for this. This pack only contains two medium-sized maps ripped from the single player, and one of them seems like a novelty more than anything.

Seems more like a bite-sized appetizer for a full-fledged map pack that'd go along with a major update (ie the Retro pack and the mentioned "new features").

dwin45

DuckRacer said:
I'd be surprised if they charged more than $3, maybe $4 for this. This pack only contains two medium-sized maps ripped from the single player, and one of them seems like a novelty more than anything.

Seems more like a bite-sized appetizer for a full-fledged map pack that'd go along with a major update (ie the Retro pack and the mentioned "new features").
You're a fool to think this will only cost 3 or 4 dollars. $7.99. You heard it here first.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tempy said:
I'm pretty confident that's the AI jumping. There's a pathobject entity which they mount and perform the jumping animation. Human players will have to jump the normal way.

Ah cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

DuckRacer said:

Unfortunately,I'm going to wager that they will charge no less than what they feel that they can get away with charging. The idealist within feels that a very successful game should have the cheapest map packs and other DLC, as a token of appreciation towards those who have made the company fat and content, but the realist understands that this is not how it actually works.

KZObsessed

The Resistance 2 map pack was £3.99 for three maps in two locations I think, correct?

I'd expect the two maps of KZ2 to be the same price, £3.99. I'd be fine with that.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I'll pay whatever the price if maps come with a free update that adds a no-respawn mode. Just to say thank you.

YoungHav

Banned
This is an effin' ripoff. Cod4 came with 16 friggin maps out the box for Chrissakes! 8 maps was way too little, god forbid someone didn't like some of them, then you're down to a handful of maps.

Warhawk came w/only 5 maps but the game was only $40.

YoungHav said:
This is an effin' ripoff. Cod4 came with 16 friggin maps out the box for Chrissakes! 8 maps was way too little, god forbid someone didn't like some of them, then you're down to a handful of maps.

Warhawk came w/only 5 maps but the game was only $40.
It also didn't come with single player. Not really trying to downplay Warhawk because I loved it.

I wish it were more maps as well but they did say retro maps are on the way.

Fersis

TTP said:
I'll pay whatever the price if maps come with a free update that adds a no-respawn mode. Just to say thank you.
No Respawn would make everything more tactical , love the idea

Dirtbag

I'd really like a hardcore mode as well.
No crosshair *but full hud* // Enemy doesn't appear on radar unless spot and marked.
Extra bullet damage
Turrets and Sentry bots are easier to destroy with bullets

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Maps are bought. Looking good. I'm with Gregor, 7.99 is the high point. Unless there's more to them that what's been shown. I'd pay the ten though.

CHRP718

Banned
I'll be buying all the map packs for Killzone 2.
After this map pack and the retro one; I hope we get some maps similar to Salamun Market.

Fersis

LiquidMetal14 said:
Maps are bought. Looking good. I'm with Gregor, 7.99 is the high point. Unless there's more to them that what's been shown. I'd pay the ten though.
I think that 7.99 is a little too much for two maps.

Tom Penny

BeeDog said:
It's Tom Penny. Every single post by him is some kind of debbie-downer crap, or general bitching.

Sorry I don't conform to your views and the majority of the views around here on what are good games what's worth spending money on etc...2 maps should be free or like 3 bucks tops IMO. Simple as that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LiquidMetal14 said:
I won't be buying if it's $10. I love the game and I think that Guerrilla does great work but $10 for 2 maps is just not worth it.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Fersis said:
Even KZ2 followers are harsh with Guerrilla:
'We want DLC!!'
'Just two levels?! Lame'
'Oh noes a moving level,this sucks because is not common on other FPS!!!! Lame'
'We have to pay for it!? GG sucks!So Lame'
So true, it's like I'm back on
generic gaming forum
. :p Kinda annoying, tbh.

Fersis

YoungHav said:
God forbid if any or both of the two maps suck. The new Cod4 maps, I only like Chinatown. Waste of $10.
That was a total rip off, well the entire COD4 support was really lousy.

raYne

LiquidMetal14 said:
10 bucks for two maps? Ugh. I bet publishers just love people like you.

EazyB said:
I'll buy 3 copies of whatever GG puts out and for any price.
:lol

Snipes424

I have 2 issues, any help would be nice.

What are the two best maps for engineer bot kills and C4 kills? I seem to have a really hard time getting those badges.

Snipes424 said:
I have 2 issues, any help would be nice.

What are the two best maps for engineer bot kills and C4 kills? I seem to have a really hard time getting those badges.

I'd say Blood Gratch and Radec are the best for both.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I agree with people that think KZ2 should have had more maps, and yesh, I'll be buying the map pack if it's cheap.

Fersis

Hey Iain... are you working on another game right now?
Any clues ?:D

Top Bottom