• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I'm just not feeling a no respawn option in this game like SOCOM.

If their reasonably priced (and I would hope they would be given the slight amount of maps in the game) I'll definitely be buying. I will say that the great beauty and scope of most of the original maps makes them seem more substantial to me than many in other games.

Iain Howe said:
Compared with what FPS?

Many of the top tier shooters to have come out this gen?

Off the top of my head, both Call of Duty games and Halo 3 shipped with more content. Not that I am trying to shit on KZ2. I was an inch from selling it a couple weeks ago and have fallen in love again.

Zen

Banned
"Killzone 2 has been the fastest SCEA PS3 title to break the 500,000 unit mark and it's also the highest selling SCEA PS3 title for the first 30 days out of launch," detailed Steinberg. "So far, we are extremely happy with the results."

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/features/chart-toppers-killzone-2-hits-the-mark/?biz=1/

God of War II sold 833k in it's first month in North America and that was based off of something like 17 days worth of sales (it was released on the 13th).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_War_II#Critical_reception

So if that's accurate does that mean that Killzone 2 has to have sold (combined with the 323k from its first two days) over 833k in America?

Either way it looks like my avatar bet of Killzone 2 being in the Top Ten for March is pretty safe. :lol
EDIT: Dur I need to pay attention when they say PS3 title.

Dante said:
I actually have pretty good experiences playing with random people. I always play in the Loooong games, I think that tends to attract more serious people as your attention span has to be pretty strong to play on a single map for about 45 minutes. It also lets you get lots of ribbons being that there is so much time to do stuff and switch classes. You can also build up some pretty cool rivalries during those matches.

There is also the time to allow for people to set up assaults on positions and properly "dig-in' for defending. 5 mins, there is usually only time for one major push, but in the longer times the hurry isn't as bad.

dwin45

Zen said:
"Killzone 2 has been the fastest SCEA PS3 title to break the 500,000 unit mark and it's also the highest selling SCEA PS3 title for the first 30 days out of launch," detailed Steinberg. "So far, we are extremely happy with the results."

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/features/chart-toppers-killzone-2-hits-the-mark/?biz=1/

God of War II sold 833k in it's first month in North America and that was based off of something like 17 days worth of sales (it was released on the 13th).

So if that's accurate does that mean that Killzone 2 has to have sold (combined with the 323k from its first two days) over 833k in America?

Either way it looks like my avatar bet of Killzone 2 being in the Top Ten for March is pretty safe. :lol
Fastest PS3 title. God of War II is a PS2 title.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Zen said:

Did you read the quote? Fastest selling PS3 title.

Is God of War 2 a PS3 title?

Edit: Beaten.

DMeisterJ

Banned
CHRP718 said:
Would have been if Phil Harrison had his way.

Should have been, but it wouldn't have been in development that long, since the PS3 dev kits got out so late apparently.

Zen said:
3 hours of sleep says fuck off you cheeky git. :lol

You don't sound so zen-like, Zen.

Maybe you should sleep some :)

beast786

KILLZONE 2 PATCH TO ADD NEW FUNCTIONALITY

By now, most gamers have heard of the DLC coming this month for Killzone 2, the two new map packs labeled 'Titanium' and 'Steel' are due out on the 23rd. While searching the Killzone.com forums, Marney, one of our longtime friends and writers found a nice tidbit of information from Seb Downie, Producer at Guerrilla Games.

"We are also working on a new patch to enable the DLC as well as

synching up with the Japanese release of Killzone 2 on the 23rd of
April. There is a long list of fixes and some new functionality and I
will be letting you know more about it next week." Says Downie.

While we are not entirely sure what the patch entails, we will be sure to update you as soon as we learn more. Our best guess...well, we don't have one. Just wait a few more days, and you will know for sure.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Iain Howe said:
At the moment I'm working on an article about the psychology involved in creating antagonists in FPS games.
FPS games in particular? I would love to read what difference are between designing FPS enemies than 3rd person shooter enemies. Link us to the article when is done. :D

xiked

Banned
beast786 said:
KILLZONE 2 PATCH TO ADD NEW FUNCTIONALITY

By now, most gamers have heard of the DLC coming this month for Killzone 2, the two new map packs labeled 'Titanium' and 'Steel' are due out on the 23rd. While searching the Killzone.com forums, Marney, one of our longtime friends and writers found a nice tidbit of information from Seb Downie, Producer at Guerrilla Games.

"We are also working on a new patch to enable the DLC as well as

synching up with the Japanese release of Killzone 2 on the 23rd of
April. There is a long list of fixes and some new functionality and I
will be letting you know more about it next week." Says Downie.

While we are not entirely sure what the patch entails, we will be sure to update you as soon as we learn more. Our best guess...well, we don't have one. Just wait a few more days, and you will know for sure.

Bring it! Need it!
lv5ap.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I reeealy hope they don't release a bunch of small map packs. Release one with 6 new maps for $10 so it doesn't splinter the userbase that much. These 2 packs will hurt the game.

Zen

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
You don't sound so zen-like, Zen.

Maybe you should sleep some :)

Sometimes I'm a work in progress. :\

So I wonder if the 'Retro' Pack will include more than 2 maps? I'd love 'Beach head' 'Vektan Slums' or the Jungle setting (Can't remember the name)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Game Invites would be nice.
Easier to implement that a party system for sure.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fizzle said:
I have a feeling it's gonna be the new in-game XMB invites. It seems to work well for games that have a "Lobby" system.
I was shocked that it didn't have it when it came out. Resistance 2 and the RE5 demo both had it and those were out before Killzone.

Fersis

RoboPlato said:
I was shocked that it didn't have it when it came out. Resistance 2 and the RE5 demo both had it and those were out before Killzone.
In before Kittonwy defends the lack of a party system AND game invites ....:D

VNZ

The new functionality better fix at least a couple of my "Top 10 Things To Hate With KZ2 Multi" or I'm giving up on this game forever. Fuck, I had a bad streak of irritating shit games tonight. I've never played a game where the difference can be so striking between a good game and a shit one - and really, I've had it with the bad ones now...

Kittonwy

Banned
Fersis said:
In before Kittonwy defends the lack of a party system AND game invites ....:D

I wouldn't mind a party system or some kind of game invite system in Killzone 2, but even without one I would play Killzone 2 over R2 and RE5 any day of the week.

Not trying to tell you to GTFO or anything, but just so you know there is an official thread for that broken game that is Resistance 2.
Indifferent2.gif

Fersis

Kittonwy said:
Not trying to tell you to GTFO, but just so you know there is an official thread for that broken game that is Resistance 2
:lol
*Hugs Kittonwy*

Fersis

bcn-ron said:
The sudden lack of creepy Ted Price avatars is sudden and creepy.
Its not sudden, it was an election on the OT forum.
In fact there is a thread against my avatar and others over there!

Just want to report a glitch I experienced today. I was working on a easy/no deaths trophy and all I have left is Radec and company. I defeat all the waves up to when the debris flies through the window. I made my way to the area the rocket launcher dudes come out and took care of everyone. Then the doors close and open again spawning a new group of enemies. Since I was waiting outside the door, a well-timed rocket of my own nailed them as the door opened and killed them all. The door shut again and.... that was it. Rico was no where to be found. I kept trying to trigger something by walking everywhere. Finally I went to the other door and threw a grenade and I heard the warning of a frag from the helghast. Apparently that door either never opened and Rico just vanished or the door DID open and Rico went inside before it closed again trapping them all inside. I was pissed because i have to do it all over again.

Fersis

FFObsessed said:
Sponge bob is creepy.
I tought he was cute and would make a nice change from my so called creepy avatar

I just beat the game on Elite, FUCK YEAH, it's a very hard game and for Killzone 3 if they wanna make a game that hard they should at least give you some competent friendly AI.

test_account

XP-39C²
I got 435 mission points in a match earlier today (a pretty long match, maybe around 1 hour or so). I dont think i have gotten that many mission points before :) The map was Helghan Industries or something, and i didnt use the rocket og the grenade launch.

WretchedTruman said:
The Hig rifle seems underpowered, especially in comparison to it's ISA counterpart. It's a shame; I love using it in the SP.
If i remember correctly, i read something like that the Hig rifle shots the bullet faster, but the bullet spread is wider, compared to the ISA rifle. So the Hig rifle might be alittle better on more close encounters with the enemies, while the ISA rifle might be alittle better on longer distances.

icechai

WretchedTruman said:
The Hig rifle seems underpowered, especially in comparison to it's ISA counterpart. It's a shame; I love using it in the SP.

if you use it like the sub machinegun, you will find it a lot better than the ISA rifle. ISA rifle is more precision popping and less about rushing.

dazed808

Cheating in Clan games is getting beyond a joke. Another night of being 3-1 up and then in BC they get a point up and don't respawn, then get ahead in S&R and fuck off into their base with the speaker.
If it wasn't for the GAF matches I think I would stop playing till they patch this shit up.

Lince

Banned
dazed808 said:
Cheating in Clan games is getting beyond a joke. Another night of being 3-1 up and then in BC they get a point up and don't respawn, then get ahead in S&R and fuck off into their base with the speaker.
If it wasn't for the GAF matches I think I would stop playing till they patch this shit up.

what a fucking joke of a game, I only log in for friends like you and the rest of GAF, they shipped a game where you could reach top rank and 1% honour just by playing one day with hordes of blind bots, then the shotgun autoaim exploit and later the zoom in/out autoaim exploit... ok they managed to get rid of these in 3 weeks... how many months till they decide to patch the glitches and exploits that ruin clan games? are we supposed not to join any clan game with body count or search and retrieve missions on it? fucking ridiculous, paging Tempy so we can email the battle replay and can get our valor points back, since these guys never showed they got any (valor).

it's just a game, I know, but a good time online with friends shouldn't be ruined this way.

Top Bottom