• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Cagen

test_account said:
Is this about the score that you received in clan matches/tournaments, or is it about scores that you got in playing random matches that you selected from the server list as well?

He is talking about the exploit that let clans accumulate millions of VP without playing any games. An exploit GG have fixed, gave no punishment to the clans who participated besides resetting their valor to what it was prior to the exploit being found. In fact they haven't even done that with the clan in first position on the leader boards as they still have their ill gained valor. The guild leader and officers of those clans should have been banned from the servers and all other members in the clans should have been stripped of all their online progress in my opinion. GG clearly thought they had done nothing wrong then.

Also, in reply to all those saying quit your whining, we want to play this game competitively, public games are usually a total joke (lack of skill, no friendly fire, rocket launchers enabled, team members doing nothing but trying to up their K/D ratio, etc.) however as it currently stands half the games you play competitively are also becoming pointless by people cheating and using exploits, with grief reports going unnoticed or cared about when it happens (this system is also terrible). We love this game, we play it nightly which is why we are complaining. There is a whole section of the game (competitive play) which is being completely ruined.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Iain Howe said:
Thanks for identifying a point I should clarify. It'll be shooter games, not just FPS.

As the articles aren't enormous, I'm just concentrating on Protagonist design. I'll definitely link to it when it's published though.
Oh ok. I tought that an article about FPS antagonists was a little too much particular!:lol

test_account

XP-39C²
Tormentoso said:
Doesn't this game support for player to be ban from a server? i haven't play in some time but it was not as bad as i hear,i only encounter a cheater once,wow so that bad the game has turn,is sad i think that people who are cough cheating should be strip of their badges and all and had to start over,and if they cheat again then ban from from the servers,players like this you can see them in all games,and if funny because almost always they are good player cheating apart i just don't know what move some one to cheat in games but is sad.
I think there is a kick function in Killzone 2, at least the stat pages says something like "number of times kicked". I dont know if it possible to ban people though. And i dont know if it possible to kick people when clan matches/tournaments are played, but i would assume that it isnt possible. If it was possible, then i guess that if the clan who is hosting the game is starting to lose, then they might take advantage of kicking people from the other team to increase their winning chances :\

FFObsessed said:
Oh I forgot to mention there's another kind of "exploit" when it comes to spawn invincibility. It was during a clan match with these really laggy guys who wouldn't die when you shot them a bunch of times in the face. During assassination defend, we were defending Raist in the sniper nest with the MG on Saluman Market and what they did was send their squad leader up and when he was in our sights, the rest of his squad instantly spawned on him so they received the couple of seconds of invincibility. Didn't work as we won that round tho, but it could have. Good tactic actually!

They weren't talking via voice chat so they must have been communicating via Skype or some shit. Something dodgy about them anyway as they always knew what the next objective was going to be.
Ye, that seems like a good tactic indeed :)

Strange that they always knew what the next objective were going to be, could it be that they just guessed and got lucky? Sounds strange though :\

test_account

XP-39C²
Cagen said:
He is talking about the exploit that let clans accumulate millions of VP without playing any games. An exploit GG have fixed, gave no punishment to the clans who participated besides resetting their valor to what it was prior to the exploit being found. In fact they haven't even done that with the clan in first position on the leader boards as they still have their ill gained valor. The guild leader and officers of those clans should have been banned from the servers and all other members in the clans should have been stripped of all their online progress in my opinion. GG clearly thought they had done nothing wrong then.
Ah ok, thanks for the info! :) I was wondering how some of the top clans had so many valor points, but if they got it from an exploit, then i understand how they could have gotten so many valor points.

By the way, wasnt there some talk that people who cheated in Killzone 2 could get their PSN account deleted or something? I mean that i heard something about that, or was it just a joke?

EDIT: I found this link after doing a Google search:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2009/03/cheat_at_killzone_2_lose_your_psn_id-2.html

Cagen said:
Also, in reply to all those saying quit your whining, we want to play this game competitively, public games are usually a total joke (lack of skill, no friendly fire, rocket launchers enabled, team members doing nothing but trying to up their K/D ratio, etc.) however as it currently stands half the games you play competitively are also becoming pointless by people cheating and using exploits, with grief reports going unnoticed or cared about when it happens (this system is also terrible). We love this game, we play it nightly which is why we are complaining. There is a whole section of the game (competitive play) which is being completely ruined.
I didnt mean to say that people shouldnt ever complain about Killzone 2 again, and i am not saying that Killzone 2 doesnt have some issues that can be fixed. I am also sure that it is really annoying when people are taking advantages of exploits in Killzone 2, and i fully understand that the fun of the game can be ruined because of this, i totally agree. I hope that Guerilla Games fixes these issues as soon as possible to people cant take advantage of these exploints anymore :)

I am not saying anything against these things what i just mentioned, i just wanted to ask if it could be possible to hold alittle back on the negative stuff about Killzone 2 for a while, since i would guess that Guerilla Games already know about all the issues that people complain about, and i would guess that GG are doing what they can to try to fix these issues :)

So cant we wait alittle with complaining until the 23rd of April at least, to see if an update patch is comming at the same time as the Killzone 2 DLC? :)

What is terrible about the grief system by the way? I havnt used it myself.

Raist

Banned
Cagen said:
In fact they haven't even done that with the clan in first position on the leader boards as they still have their ill gained valor. The guild leader and officers of those clans should have been banned from the servers and all other members in the clans should have been stripped of all their online progress in my opinion. GG clearly thought they had done nothing wrong then.

Yeah, they did, it was fixed yesterday or even the day before.

I don't think they should have banned the guys from the game. This isn't a game breaking abuse after all. However, they should have set their valor to -100. Have fun playing 11 shitty free tourneys before being able to bet some VP :lol. Oh and don't wipe their medal tho, so that they'd never get these 1k, 10k and 100k bonuses again.

RavenFox

Banned
FFObsessed said:
Oh I forgot to mention there's another kind of "exploit" when it comes to spawn invincibility. It was during a clan match with these really laggy guys who wouldn't die when you shot them a bunch of times in the face. During assassination defend, we were defending Raist in the sniper nest with the MG on Saluman Market and what they did was send their squad leader up and when he was in our sights, the rest of his squad instantly spawned on him so they received the couple of seconds of invincibility. Didn't work as we won that round tho, but it could have. Good tactic actually!

They weren't talking via voice chat so they must have been communicating via Skype or some shit. Something dodgy about them anyway as they always knew what the next objective was going to be.
I would love to face this team. You got my battle spirit boiling.

FabCam

RE: my tactician problems.

Thanks for the help. I realized that I would select my spawn 'nades and then press R2 to throw instead of R1 :lol

JardeL

icechai said:
why don't they let you join in from spectator mode if there's a open slot? :(
This.

We got a great example like Wowhawk , is it that hard really ?..

And dude , you got talent ... That S&R deliveries were awesome last nite and we were 2 man down at BG !!!

Dante

Lince said:
OH LINCE CRAZY SPANIARD BACK OFF YOU XBOT

:lol :lol let's bash Lince for not cock-sucking Guerrilla, he is far too much negative, ban him!

seriously I'm ranked # 260 in the world with 4 consecutive 1% ranks, I have the right to whine since I've played the game enough (200 hours logged) to know its faults and shortcomings, and the way you can get wins in Clan games just by using simple noob-friendly exploits (yes in tournaments, not public games) it's a completely joke that needs to be addressed right now, I can't think of another high-profile competitive fps game that almost 2 months after launch had such huge exploits.

And don't get me started about the clan tournament system fiasco that got every clan and their mother exploiting the challenges to win huge amounts of VP... and Guerrilla just announced they will reset their score to that prior to when the exploits were found (a little too vague isn't it) all without further punishment for the cheaters, WHAT A JOKE.

4 years to develop, internal game testers? external beta testing? so no one noticed you could get a couple of frags in body count and then suicide and never respawn to win the game? that's RIDICULOUS to me.

I guess I just don't get the masochism behind continually playing and posting about a game that pissed me off so much ( or I felt had so many glaring flaws. )

Cagen said:

LOL. You're mocking the public games for features that are enabled/disabled and would rather play the tournaments where people who do fuck all to win whether it's cheating, glitching, or spamming whatever scumbag move they can think of. Not sure I'd like to play that with random people. I know you're hoping to play against like minded folks, but come on.... it's just the same as playing public matches. Maybe this mode just helps your e-penis grow?

I have crazy amounts of fun in public matches. The only cheese I witness is spawn camping but you really can't help that if you're on/against a shitty team. If people weren't assholes when it came to competition, I actually wouldn't mind plaing competitively. But let's face it... you'll never get that wish. The complaints just prove my point. No matter what gets fixed, something will always be exploited to get a win.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rapping Granny said:
So is it 2 map packs releasing on the 23rd or 2 maps only?
2 maps
I think that they are called Steel & Titanium

Atrus

Gold Member
So I'm down to the last few trophies, but one thing is hampering completion

When exactly do you get the Wargod trophy (get all remaining medals)? I see some people already have them without getting any combat, mission, or ability trophies so it makes me think all you needed was just the two other medals, but um... I'm almost done them all and don't have them yet.

Atrus said:

When exactly do you get the Wargod trophy (get all remaining medals)? I see some people already have them without getting any combat, mission, or ability trophies so it makes me think all you needed was just the two other medals, but um... I'm almost done them all and don't have them yet.

Hmm . . . Wargod is the platinum. It should only be received after you have acquired all other trophies in the game. Who have you seen that has this without receiving the online trophies?

I received all of the online trophies before the offline trophies and only got the platinum after receiving all other trophies in the game.

cakefoo

2 HD videos of the new DLC

Vekta Cruiser Gameplay*
Wasteland Bullet Gameplay*

*Not actual in-game gameplay :/

These trailers would have looked 8 trillion times better if they had done them in-game (motion blur, DOF, head-bobbing, etc). Oh well, what do I know. Maybe people really do prefer the stale, less immersive external camera angles that reveal some of the lower quality animations.

raYne

Atrus said:

Nah, it's a glitch. I've had the same thing happen and mentioned it before.

The legitimate way to get the trophy is to get all the medals, but occasionally people will get dropped out of PSN/Warzone and it'll unlock the Wargod trophy even if they didn't meet the criteria.

Lince

Banned
cakefoo said:

Vekta Cruiser Gameplay*

These trailers would have looked 8 trillion times better if they had done them in-game (motion blur, DOF, head-bobbing, etc). Oh well, what do I know. Maybe people really do prefer the stale, less immersive external camera angles that reveal some of the lower quality animations.

looking good anyway, I'm still undecided on which game has the best multiplayer visuals, this or Warhawk... I think KZ2.

Atrus

Gold Member
the_prime_mover said:
Hmm . . . Wargod is the platinum. It should only be received after you have acquired all other trophies in the game. Who have you seen that has this without receiving the online trophies?

I received all of the online trophies before the offline trophies and only got the platinum after receiving all other trophies in the game.

The Platinum one is War Hero for collecting all trophies. The Wargod says "Acquire all remaining medals" and is a Bronze trophy. Since some people have gotten the Wargod without completing the Veteran, Expert, or Cross-Training trophies, it appeared to me all you needed were just the two medals listed under 'General'.

Atrus

Gold Member
raYne said:
Nah, it's a glitch. I've had the same thing happen and mentioned it before.

The legitimate way to get the trophy is to get all the medals, but occasionally people will get dropped out of PSN/Warzone and it'll unlock the Wargod trophy even if they didn't meet the criteria.

That explains it. The details weren't very clear to begin with and I guess the glitch was compounding matters.

icechai

Platinum!!! Took this morning to get all the intel/emblems, yayy. Best game for PS3 for me so far, MP will definitely last a while (if they keep up the patches and fix glitches and tweak a few things here and there :p)

cakefoo said:

Vekta Cruiser Gameplay*

Someone gif 1.25-1.29 on the train video NAO!!!

KZObsessed

commish said:
Uh oh gafa, some clan is trying to recruit me away! They are promising me naked womenz.

you should join, we don't want you.
Indifferent2.gif

YoungHav

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
No offense, but isn't there an online mp section to chat/complain about the online portion of KZ2?
Single player isn't much to talk about. It's such a small portion of the overall product.

The complaints here are warranted. At the end of the day this game is a 9 outta 10 for me. All these little messups that GG allowed into this game will be a learning tool for them for the next time around. Game is not as neatly packaged or robust as that other game but this is a great 2nd title in the series. KZ3 is going to kick major ass.

cresto

So has this game founds its way yet? I didn't do what I set out to do in my finals so I haven't purchased a PS3 yet. This game still lingers in my mind, though...

KZObsessed

Clan challenge sent to GAFA for 2moro, sorry I forgot to do it sooner. Same as last time 11PM UK time, SM but rockets/grenade launcher banned and.... 10 shiny pieces of valor at stake!

GAFe guys let me know who wants to play so I can put you down on the roster. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15431414#post15431414

It wont let you challenge the same clan twice for some stupid reason but I'd like to have another one after on Visari Hammer because with only 8 vs 8 not everyone can play, like me last time :)

Kittonwy

Banned
Going to clear my pending by the end of the night, those who have an invite can decide to join before then, the rest of you who wanted to join but couldn't because there was no room now has teh chance, let me know.
Indifferent2.gif

spwolf

YoungHav said:
Single player isn't much to talk about. It's such a small portion of the overall product.

The complaints here are warranted. At the end of the day this game is a 9 outta 10 for me. All these little messups that GG allowed into this game will be a learning tool for them for the next time around. Game is not as neatly packaged or robust as that other game but this is a great 2nd title in the series. KZ3 is going to kick major ass.

people usually complain more about good games then about bad ones, it is just way of life.

and of course, people forget things - Wowhawk had major issues fixed only 6-7 months after game was released for instance....

icechai

spwolf said:
people usually complain more about good games then about bad ones, it is just way of life.

and of course, people forget things - Wowhawk had major issues fixed only 6-7 months after game was released for instance....

But Wowhawk had a lot of basic things right (you can see all server settings on the server browser screen, no lag from dedicated servers, you can see your ping from servers, no balance issues that needed fixing after beta).

spwolf

icechai said:
But Wowhawk had a lot of basic things right (you can see all server settings on the server browser screen, no lag from dedicated servers, you can see your ping from servers, no balance issues that needed fixing after beta).

kind of... what about can not join servers issues, 999 pings, invisible tanks? For quite few months, it was ordeal to get into warhawk game properly, as it had wrong info on server status so you would have to try and try... and try. There were quite few others and it took half of year to fix biggest issues (if not more, it was long time ago to remember).

It is just that it was rated by media as 7/10 game (funny as hell) so people defended it at all cost.

p.s. warhawk is still one of my favourite games so dont get me wrong here.

Wollan

Everyone should check out the Killzone chronicles development articles (on the official site).

Contains a lot of cool info. Stuff there I'm very surprised to see being implemented already in 2006. The air bots for example was pretty much finalized animation and a.i wise back then, just some retouch with the modeling. A lot of todays multiplayer maps have their structure. Some of the main guns are very close to final game..etc.

Part 1 - 2006

Part 2 - Late 2006/early 2007

Part 3 - Early 2007

Part 4 - Q1 2007

I'm pretty sure Killzone 3 is already in Beta closing in on gold.

Kittonwy

Banned
I have the following people on my pending list:

Sattori
Carolina-Blue
Denogginizer
LabombadogIGN
HerrHelmt
el_jett

I'm going to clear my pending list, so if you guys still want to join, just let me know.

Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom