• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

DuckRacer

xiked

Banned
Raist said:
There's no way it's going to be free. The game cost $100M to produce and sold 500k WW.

not 500k world wide, US is not the world. btw, VP of Sony said at least 600k in usa alone has been sold, and 1.1 million pre orders from costumer in EU. So about 2 mil sold by know I would guess.

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:
Everyone should check out the Killzone chronicles development articles (on the official site).

Contains a lot of cool info. Stuff there I'm very surprised to see being implemented already in 2006. The air bots for example was pretty much finalized animation and a.i wise back then, just some retouch with the modeling. A lot of todays multiplayer maps have their structure. Some of the main guns are very close to final game..etc.

Part 1 - 2006

Part 2 - Late 2006/early 2007

Part 3 - Early 2007

Part 4 - Q1 2007

I'm pretty sure Killzone 3 is already in Beta closing in on gold.

The stuff that dreams were made of.
Indifferent2.gif

lunlunqq

urrr... if anybody from GAFA is reading... I was told in one GAF game night that somebody was gonna invite me to the new GAFA clan... I waited and waited but no invite. then i thought it's probably because i was still in the old GAF2 clan... so left GAF2. Now i've been clan-less for more than a week, still no invite from the new clan. could somebody check it out for me please?

Kittonwy

Banned
lunlunqq said:
urrr... if anybody from GAFA is reading... I was told in one GAF game night that somebody was gonna invite me to the new GAFA clan... I waited and waited but no invite. then i thought it's probably because i was still in the old GAF2 clan... so left GAF2. Now i've been clan-less for more than a week, still no invite from the new clan. could somebody check it out for me please?

Invite sent.
Indifferent2.gif

lunlunqq said:

While I am not an officer in GAFA I can vouch for what you say. I remember someone asking what GAF2 was and saying you could join GAFA. Kittonwy said he was clearning his backlog so hopefully you are in there. Unfortunately you won't get to join the GAFe clan match for tomorrow but it would be nice to see you sportin' the GAFA tag.

Raist

Banned
Facism said:
i think raist needs a smiley in his post so people can understand he was taking the piss.

I'm bloody serious. I didn't even count the ad budget in my post. So taking it into account it's $220M.

I think the maps pack will be $14.99.

And €20 because it's SCEE.

And £25 because you bloody brits didn't want the euro, serves you right.

jett said:
Warhawk is ugly as fuck. Nevermind compared to KZ2.

Nah, I think it looks quite pleasant. Clean visuals, and it has a friendly, stylized "comic" war-hero look going for it. The draw distance is also quite impressive, especially during strafing and dive bombing missions where you get the chance to really take in the scope of the battles. KZ2 is impressive in its own way, but the oppressive feel limits its appeal.

GodofWine

People who name a room "Unlock M4" but allow the M f-ing 4 and are using the M f-ing 4 should have their DS3's rip their thumbs off so they can never play again....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF**k

( I don't wanna here no Warhawk bashing!!!)

Kittonwy

Banned
GodofWine said:
People who name a room "Unlock M4" but allow the M f-ing 4 and are using the M f-ing 4 should have their DS3's rip their thumbs off so they can never play again....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF**k

( I don't wanna here no Warhawk bashing!!!)

I used pistol only rooms to unlock my melee and turret medals, I alweady got my M4.
Indifferent2.gif

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
WHOAguitarninja said:
Accepted

Looking forward to getting back into this. Is this the thread that is used as the comm hub for the clan or is there another place to go?

GAFA thread in online forum as well as here. Also a chat room on psn some of us use

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

TheFatOne

WHOAguitarninja said:
Accepted

Looking forward to getting back into this. Is this the thread that is used as the comm hub for the clan or is there another place to go?

Mwhahahah GAF3 assimilation is complete. Now it is time to take over the world.

Ploid 3.0

OMG I just found out about the dlc, and I found out by first seeing that new train map on GT.... Blown away, and the possibility of it being free = blown away even more!!

SickBoy

beast786 said:
Here is something weird.

If you look at what wollan posted. In the description of there maps:

http://www.killzone.com/kz/news.psml?kz_news_article=Maps:+Tharsis+Depot&kz_news_page=1

The suggested player size was max 24 and for some 16. Only one 32 was the desert big map. So even they knew 32 player was too much for those maps

I logged onto a 32-player server last night and between matches I saw that the map selection was all the small maps and nothing else.

I promptly logged off. I don't mind the clusterfuck of 32 players on a small map, but as variety, not the main (or only) course.

Cruzader

Banned
I say lets wait till its official b4 getting too happy. I woudnt mind paying ~$5 for 2 maps. If you guys jump on the 'free' mentality and it ends up costing $$, you'll complain like little bitches(some already were) and will disappoint yourselves but we will see soon.

Also "smoke granades" exist in the SP. They look like the Air support thing, only the light omitted is white and smoke appears for a few secs. Would of been cool in MP.

Cruzader said:
I say lets wait till its official b4 getting too happy. I woudnt mind paying ~$5 for 2 maps. If you guys jump on the 'free' mentality and it ends up costing $$, you'll complain like little bitches(some already were) and will disappoint yourselves but we will see soon.

Beats giving the developer the impression that I "don't mind" paying for stuff. There's really no incentive to give things away for free if people "don't mind" paying. And while giving content away is certainly not the rule this generation, charging for 2 maps when the full game comes with a rather limited amount of maps is in my opinion not cool.

.GqueB.

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
Beats giving the developer the impression that I "don't mind" paying for stuff. There's really no incentive to give things away for free if people "don't mind" paying. And while giving content away is certainly not the rule this generation, charging for 2 maps when the full game comes with a rather limited amount of maps is in my opinion not cool.
It came with like 7 maps, how is that limited?

.GqueB. said:
It came with like 7 maps, how is that limited?

Have you played any other shooters, ever? I was alright with the selection as most maps in the game were well designed, but I do think it'd be taking the piss to charge for 2 more maps when the selection it shipped with was so thin. Furthermore, I just plain don't like the argument that the reasonable mindset is to anticipate having to pay for it. I do mind.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Best place for turret kills? I usually get one or two a match, with most times my turrets getting blown up quickly after I spawn them.

Prezhulio

i won't be surprised if it's free content, the dlc for liberation was pretty significant, and free albeit a different situation altogether with the market for dlc being almost non-existent compared to what it is now. whatever though, if they do charge a reasonable amount i'll pay, the game is great.

Lince

Banned
good games with GAFa/GAfe players yesterday, sorry to resort to hiding in that pipe during assassination defend in PR, I think I was alive for over 2 minutes... anyway you got me eventually... don't blame me though, GAFe's Italian plumber TTP was our inspiration.

alr1ghtstart said:
Best place for turret kills? I usually get one or two a match, with most times my turrets getting blown up quickly after I spawn them.

I would search for a long (30 mikes) capture and hold match or even an S&D match to get these kills. I think you'll find that it doesn't even matter which stage you use either or there placement, it will just take a little time. That's how I did it anyways.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Guys you should wait until GG or SCEE reveals the pricing... getting hyped up because google translator says free.... its the way to dissapointment.

Puck

Banned
I have finally started the SP after not touching it since release.

It's fun and action packed so far, just beat the train level.

Garza
died and i honestly don't give a shit. I think i saw him for like 2 minutes. The plot sucks, but the set pieces are awesome.

graphics in SP are so damn good...overall I would say this is the most impressive looking game Ive seen... somebody mentioned warhawk, but that game doesnt even look within the same stratosphere to me...

Top Bottom