• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
1%!!!111!!!
angry.gif

Lince

Banned
andycapps said:
What's going on here? Haven't been in this thread since Friday. So GAFA has beef with GAFE now? :lol Awesome.

I think it was a pretty fair and fun game, I enjoyed it a lot except for some weird spawn points placement that never vanished and let our team without spawns for C&H, my own fault maybe. Next time we should tweak certain missions a bit (more time and points for BC, C&H) and if you agree we could ban Assault class completely, boosting+lag=cheap.

good game anyway !!

icechai

CrushDance said:
No...the one on like level 3, with the turrets and heavies.

oh right :p
I think I used the turret to take out as many as I can in the front before they get too close, then go back and hide again, popping out here and there to take out HG with the LMG, then when they came from behind you want to take them out as they're coming out of the cable car, and run back when you have to reload and pop them off slowly with your team. For the heavies you have to focus on taking out all the other guys first before really working on the heavies, and be sure to heal your guys as soon as you can.

Shurs

mr_nothin said:
Oh ok thanks!

Even better!

See, with the 32 player matches...it's like this, we americans love everything sloppy! Cheeseburgers, Women, and KZ2 matches

(neutral) mr_nothin
Loves Sloppy Women
(Today, 02:44 AM)

Kittonwy

Banned
Lince said:
I think it was a pretty fair and fun game, I enjoyed it a lot except for some weird spawn points placement that never vanished and let our team without spawns for C&H, my own fault maybe. Next time we should tweak certain missions a bit (more time and points for BC, C&H) and if you agree we could ban Assault class completely, boosting+lag=cheap.

good game anyway !!

LOL you guys had all those turrets up in that game.
Indifferent2.gif

10dollas

Banned
Jesus Christ. Perhaps we should only have friendly games where as, no killing is a rule that is strictly enforced. For the purpose of you know avoiding this emotional outpouring after games.

Kittonwy

Banned
10dollas said:
Jesus Christ. Perhaps we should only have friendly games where as, no killing is a rule that is strictly enforced. For the purpose of you know avoiding this emotional outpouring after games.

It wasn't me but I think one of us was just doing some taunting, that's all, psychological rawrfare, etc, etc.
KlintIndifference.gif

10dollas said:

Gaf dance battle.....Make it happenz.

Blyss

Banned
I still haven't bought this game (shame on me?), but I finally have time to play it. The only thing I'm wondering is: is this game still worth buying? ^^

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Blyss said:
I still haven't bought this game (shame on me?), but I finally have time to play it. The only thing I'm wondering is: is this game still worth buying? ^^

Why would it be worth it a month ago but not worth it now?

We should have a daily gafa/gafe match. I like the hostility brewing.

10dollas

Banned
Blyss said:

Well I believe practically anyone still posting in this thread will give yah a hell yezzir. Perhaps, if you want a less biased response, U might want to ask else where. In fact, here's an idea. Post this thread on the team xbox Halo forums and average out the yays and the nays from here and there. You will then have your answer. This would surely generate some intriguing responses.

Blyss

Banned
commish said:
Why would it be worth it a month ago but not worth it now?

We should have a daily gafa/gafe match. I like the hostility brewing.

I don't know, but I always feel like I've been missing a lot if I haven't bought a game on release. Buying a game a month later is very hard for me. It's a very bad habit. =(

GodofWine

Blyss said:
I don't know, but I always feel like I've been missing a lot if I haven't bought a game on release. Buying a game a month later is very hard for me. It's a very bad habit. =(

Sometimes I feel the same, If I crave being ranked at a decent level in the MP overall standing (my E-Ego sometimes demands this) then I need to be in early.

If this is the case, I have no doubt you can still climb to the top 50K if you play alot since I was at 35K this week for all time rank, hardly played and only fell about 1500 spots. So you can still get in on the ground floor of this one. Im guessing wave 2 of this one will start in the summer when all the kids off for the summer pick up the pace (and annoy the shit out of me).

Dante

CrushDance said:
No...the one on like level 3, with the turrets and heavies.

Take out the Heavy on the right with the Turret. then retreat back to heal up. Then go to the left turret and take the other Heavy out. The retreat and stay back to take the HG's that will rush up at you.
That worked for me on Elite. It took a few tries, but I got it eventually.

icechai

Blyss said:

well, i think now would be a great time for you to start playing. GAF clans has become solidified into America and Europe, GG fixed a bunch of bugs and tweaked the aiming controls and took out lock on auto aim :)

Nightz

Got my 6% from last week. I think I would have been able to make the 1% if I hadn't gone out of town for the weekend. Haven't played any games since Friday, I think I'm going through withdrawal. :(

Erebus

I'm taking a break from RE5, thus I decided to return on Killzone's campaign mode and try to complete it at last.

The thing is, I noticed some weird flickering lines on certain surfaces while I was playing. I'm not sure if the problem lies on my set-up or the game itself but these lines are really visible from up-close.

20uejh4.jpg

4uueye.jpg

I haven't seen anything similar with other PS3 games. Plus, I tried to fiddle with the Display Settings to no avail.

Kittonwy

Banned
Nightz said:
Got my 6% from last week. I think I would have been able to make the 1% if I hadn't gone out of town for the weekend. Haven't played any games since Friday, I think I'm going through withdrawal. :(

Easy week last week, even with my meager 6000+ points I was still able to make it with room to spare. Lots of people away until the weekend, I think most people play on the weekend and pretty much the top tier is taken by people who score 20-30k+, not sure how much I would have to play to reach that.

Firewire

Banned
I'm off work till Wednesday, so I'll be getting my K2 fix in for the next couple of nights.

Congrats to Kittonwy on the 1%! Good job!

commish

Kittonwy said:
Easy week last week, even with my meager 6000+ points I was still able to make it with room to spare. Lots of people away until the weekend, I think most people play on the weekend and pretty much the top tier is taken by people who score 20-30k+, not sure how much I would have to play to reach that.

Usually only takes 5000 or so to get 1%, so your 6000 was quite a bit over :) over course, it varies week to week... reaching 30k must take an insane amount of time.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm spectating two tards ([§MG°]glitchXpres3000 and [LBO]SLAUGHTERER17) wall glitching in Salamun District. Unfortunately it's a super long match, so I'm still waiting till it restarts so I can check how they got in. Hmm, or I'll check the replay later.

They've been staying in the same spot the whole match, and people keep taking that route. You'd think they'd learn. Or use the kick feature.

tiddles

Tempy said:
I'm spectating two tards ([§MG°]glitchXpres3000 and [LBO]SLAUGHTERER17) wall glitching in Salamun District. Unfortunately it's a super long match, so I'm still waiting till it restarts so I can check how they got in. Hmm, or I'll check the replay later.

They've been staying in the same spot the whole match, and people keep taking that route. You'd think they'd learn. Or use the kick feature.

GUERRILLA IS WATCHING YOU

icechai

Tempy said:

think the kick feature isn't that intuitive to use. I've seen a few ppl try to vote ppl out but they never get enough votes since most ppl don't bother looking for where to kick someone.

Tempy said:

Have you checked youtube? I think I've seen a few. I don't know how people find it fun.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tempy said:

glitchXpres3000? Thats really his PSN ID ? :lol

Nizz

Tempy said:

tiddles said:
GUERRILLA IS WATCHING YOU
:lol Awesome!

raYne

icechai said:
think the kick feature isn't that intuitive to use. I've seen a few ppl try to vote ppl out but they never get enough votes since most ppl don't bother looking for where to kick someone.
People also tend to use it just for bs instead of valid reasons, resulting in people not caring about a vote at all.

Most votes I've seen are by people trying to kick someone just because they were killed by him and they didn't like it. *rollseyes*

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
raYne said:
People also tend to use it just for bs instead of valid reasons, resulting in people not caring about a vote at all.

Most votes I've seen are by people trying to kick someone just because they were killed by him and they didn't like it. *rollseyes*
Happens in every game with Kick option... have you ever played MGO ?:lol

raYne

Fersis said:
Happens in every game with Kick option... have you ever played MGO ?:lol
Oh, I know. I'm just saying that because of that fact I (and probably a lot of others) don't even bother responding to a called vote.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
raYne said:
Oh, I know. I'm just saying that because of that fact I (and probably a lot of others) don't even bother responding to a called vote.

Well, in this particular case one of the wall glitchers was the assassination target. The opposition was like wtf when they couldn't reach him and were getting killed by him through the wall. So yeah, it's not like only one or two people saw a wall glitcher, these guys racked up almost 200 kills, 0 deaths together.

commish

Kicking was a big problem on some CS servers back in the day. If a guy started lucky and got a few kills without dying, he would be kicked for "hacking". Lameeeee

Top Bottom